IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller 11: Pecanling Number Six Is Here

GreyhoundFan

On 9/1/2022 at 6:42 PM, patsymae said:

It breaks my heart that instead of getting her the services she needed, her parents just taught her to accept that God gave her limited mental capacity (her words, not mine)

As my mom and dad always said “remember that God gave us the doctors, nurses, teachers, therapists,etc.” My parents are very faithful people and anytime someone ever said “oh that’s just the way God made them/it’s Gods will” My parents were always ready with the quick reply of “but God gave us science, medicine  and researchers to discover these things How about we use those resources and see them as a blessing?” Idk if faithful people think they can’t ever admit something is wrong because it might mean God is imperfect, or if in some cases it’s a really sad cop-out. “God made our child this way, so we won’t bother to look into speech therapy.” 

• Upvote 27
  • Love 2

How is family camp even still around? I can't imagine ATI/IBLP continues to grow but I wonder if they'll see a resurgence with neo-con political converts.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

How is family camp even still around? I can't imagine ATI/IBLP continues to grow but I wonder if they'll see a resurgence with neo-con political converts.

I guess I get the appeal. If I was stuck as a fundie wife and mother to many, I would want a break. And family camp might provide a slight break. I’m sure it’s still plenty of work. But I would have an excuse to not homeschool them that week, cook very easy meals like hotdogs and hamburgers, and my kids would be entertained most of the day. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

On 9/17/2022 at 5:38 PM, Mrs Ms said:

Loosing his twin brother and his younger sister probably made him a bit more cautious.
Also, he seems to me to have such a stick up his butt that he is the kind of person who follows any instruction or rule to the absolute letter. In this case I couldn’t be happier!

Adam required a lot of convincing and God Personally Sending Him Relevant Scripture in order to accept that Valerie needed a c section with the twins. He definitely has a stick up his butt, but he doesn’t always lean towards the safest choices for his wife and kids.

Discussion starts here: 

I remember that blog post because it made him sound like such a self-important asshole. Let the doctors take care of your wife (with a procedure that she obviously wants for herself).

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Adam required a lot of convincing and God Personally Sending Him Relevant Scripture in order to accept that Valerie needed a c section with the twins. He definitely has a stick up his butt, but he doesn’t always lean towards the safest choices for his wife and kids.

Discussion starts here: 

I remember that blog post because it made him sound like such a self-important asshole. Let the doctors take care of your wife (with a procedure that she obviously wants for herself).

I had forgotten about that. Boy am I glad those two are probably done having kids. He seems insanely uptight. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

For all their talk of trusting the Lord, fundies sure have a lot of anxiety about making decisions.  I know they're taught to take everything to prayer, but it seems all that produces is a lot of overthinking and paralysis of analysis.  That's Adam Waller in a nutshell.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

For all their talk of trusting the Lord, fundies sure have a lot of anxiety about making decisions.  I know they're taught to take everything to prayer, but it seems all that produces is a lot of overthinking and paralysis of analysis.  That's Adam Waller in a nutshell.

There's trusting the Lord but there's also pleasing the Lord and not inadvertently pissing off the Lord.  Any action or inaction needs to satisfy all three, which I'm sure is anxiety-provoking for some.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

11 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

There's trusting the Lord but there's also pleasing the Lord and not inadvertently pissing off the Lord.  Any action or inaction needs to satisfy all three, which I'm sure is anxiety-provoking for some.

Especially to Adam. Whose twin died young. I wouldn’t be surprised if any type of medical issue causes him anxiety. This is one of the many instances of fundies needing therapy. But they will just pray instead.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Especially to Adam. Whose twin died young. I wouldn’t be surprised if any type of medical issue causes him anxiety. This is one of the many instances of fundies needing therapy. But they will just pray instead.

I really wonder whether any in the family blame themselves for Isaac's death.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I really wonder whether any in the family blame themselves for Isaac's death.  

Didn’t he die of a fast moving cancer? A kind that is hard to treat. 

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

Didn’t he die of a fast moving cancer? A kind that is hard to treat.

From his obituary: "A cerebral hemorrhage, leukemia did not prevent Isaac from having a joyful radiance that bore testimony to a life at peace with God."

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/isaac-waller-obituary?pid=15682811

Isaac went with his family to Mongolia in June 2005, early October 2005 he developed an infection in his leg that was treated with antibiotics and bedrest. Early November (blog post reflects November 3, 2005) Isaac was flown to Seoul, Korea after learning his white blood count was high and his platelet count was low. During the flight Isaac had a brain hemorrhage, lost consciousness and died November 4, 2005.

From the blog: "At the end it seemed that some type of aggressive blood disease like leukemia rapidly swept through his body." It doesn't say when that conclusion was reached, if it was confirmed, or just speculated. 

http://visionserve.org/2005/10/phone-systems-in-mongolia/

http://visionserve.org/2005/11/isaac-very-sick-evacuated-to-korea/

http://visionserve.org/2005/11/isaac-went-home/

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4
  • Thank You 2

• 1 month later...

I think Lydia might be advertising her godly little brother. She also posted about her other single brother last week. I can’t imagine a waller brother having trouble finding a godly young lady. I think a lot of fundie maidens would be happy to marry a Waller. 

BED9287B-098E-4D47-992F-D5F4EDE3F626.jpeg

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Lydia might be advertising her godly little brother. She also posted about her other single brother last week. I can’t imagine a waller brother having trouble finding a godly young lady. I think a lot of fundie maidens would be happy to marry a Waller. 

BED9287B-098E-4D47-992F-D5F4EDE3F626.jpeg

This one seems to be Lawson 2.0. The pose, the outfit and he wants to do music based on his handle. 

I wonder if Lydia will be posting for her single sister next.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

This one seems to be Lawson 2.0. The pose, the outfit and he wants to do music based on his handle. 

I wonder if Lydia will be posting for her single sister next.

I doubt it. Sarah seems very camera shy and she’s probably considered an old maid now that she’s past 30. I know very little about Sarah Waller except she was the “big girl” in all the family pictures. She’s lost some weight since the teen years but as a big person myself, I know how hard it can be to be the big one. And I’m guessing it’s a million times worse in fundie circles. Women are probably allowed to gain a little weight after they pump out 8 kids. But I bet they treat the big teen girls terribly. When you are forced to court and not date, you are mostly basing your interest in a girl on her looks. And I bet fundie guys all want a smaller bodied bride. Young courtships in fundieland must be so superficial. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I doubt it. Sarah seems very camera shy and she’s probably considered an old maid now that she’s past 30. I know very little about Sarah Waller except she was the “big girl” in all the family pictures. She’s lost some weight since the teen years but as a big person myself, I know how hard it can be to be the big one. And I’m guessing it’s a million times worse in fundie circles. Women are probably allowed to gain a little weight after they pump out 8 kids. But I bet they treat the big teen girls terribly. When you are forced to court and not date, you are mostly basing your interest in a girl on her looks. And I bet fundie guys all want a smaller bodied bride. Young courtships in fundieland must be so superficial. 

Last we heard she was studying to be a nurse. I think someone here said they had classes with her? 

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Last we heard she was studying to be a nurse. I think someone here said they had classes with her? 

I hope so. I hope she finds fulfillment in a career. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

On 9/22/2022 at 1:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess I get the appeal. If I was stuck as a fundie wife and mother to many, I would want a break. And family camp might provide a slight break. I’m sure it’s still plenty of work. But I would have an excuse to not homeschool them that week, cook very easy meals like hotdogs and hamburgers, and my kids would be entertained most of the day. 

And misery loves company-

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 11:02 AM, SassyPants said:

And misery loves company-

I'm actually kinda looking forward to when my daughter would enjoy family camp. Of course, I'm not IBLP and their camp is probably very different but canoeing, outdoor games, swimming, hiking, ... all fun! And being with other families whose kids are going through similar stages is helpful. I can see the appeal. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/19/2022 at 4:34 AM, Expectopatronus said:

I'm actually kinda looking forward to when my daughter would enjoy family camp. Of course, I'm not IBLP and their camp is probably very different but canoeing, outdoor games, swimming, hiking, ... all fun! And being with other families whose kids are going through similar stages is helpful. I can see the appeal. 

Absolutely!! But I have a feeling that family camp might be too much for my introvert boyfriend -.-

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

It’s little Debbie’s first birthday and I swear she might be the cutest baby I’ve seen in a long time. They posted a video of her walking and a video of her with her smash cake. She’s so polite with her smash cake. It’s beyond adorable. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s little Debbie’s first birthday and I swear she might be the cutest baby I’ve seen in a long time. They posted a video of her walking and a video of her with her smash cake. She’s so polite with her smash cake. It’s beyond adorable. 

Guess blanket training starts early for the Pecanlings😡 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, gustava said:

Guess blanket training starts early for the Pecanlings😡 

The thing is that they actually let their kids get dirty. I’ve seen them be pretty lax about that sort of thing. So I’m not sure if it’s from blanket training or she was just confused by being given an entire cake. My son was never blanket trained a day in his life and he was so weirded out on his first birthday because we sang to him and gave him a cake of his own. He cried 😬

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing is that they actually let their kids get dirty. I’ve seen them be pretty lax about that sort of thing. So I’m not sure if it’s from blanket training or she was just confused by being given an entire cake. My son was never blanket trained a day in his life and he was so weirded out on his first birthday because we sang to him and gave him a cake of his own. He cried 😬

Yeah, but that video of her sitting on the blanket "playing" with the balloon was something else. She sat there and pushed it when it came to her, but didn't actually go to it or chase it off the blanket. So weird. So the cake thing didn't surprise me. When David said (in his weirdly high baby voice) that she was being so polite, I think I said out loud "yeah, because you flick her hand if she wasn't at any other time." They can't expect a kid to love a smash cake one day of the year when she isn't allowed (I'm guessing) to mess with her food at any other time of the year.

I do appreciate that they allow their kiddos to get dirty and be kids in some other instances though, as you pointed out.

• Upvote 6

I think it’s completely possible they blanket train. Especially now that they have 6. I always figure the quiverful fundies are more likely to blanket train when they get desperate. You may not be desperate when you only have 3 kids. But Michelle had her meltdown with 7 kids. I could see Priscilla needing her youngest ones to obey and always stay in place now that she has 6. I just didn’t think her confusion about the cake was blanket training. It really is strange to give a one year old an entire cake out of the blue. But I did it for both of my kids because it’s cute. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic