IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller 11: Pecanling Number Six Is Here

GreyhoundFan

On 9/1/2022 at 6:42 PM, patsymae said:

It breaks my heart that instead of getting her the services she needed, her parents just taught her to accept that God gave her limited mental capacity (her words, not mine)

As my mom and dad always said “remember that God gave us the doctors, nurses, teachers, therapists,etc.” My parents are very faithful people and anytime someone ever said “oh that’s just the way God made them/it’s Gods will” My parents were always ready with the quick reply of “but God gave us science, medicine  and researchers to discover these things How about we use those resources and see them as a blessing?” Idk if faithful people think they can’t ever admit something is wrong because it might mean God is imperfect, or if in some cases it’s a really sad cop-out. “God made our child this way, so we won’t bother to look into speech therapy.” 

• Upvote 20

8 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

How is family camp even still around? I can't imagine ATI/IBLP continues to grow but I wonder if they'll see a resurgence with neo-con political converts.

I guess I get the appeal. If I was stuck as a fundie wife and mother to many, I would want a break. And family camp might provide a slight break. I’m sure it’s still plenty of work. But I would have an excuse to not homeschool them that week, cook very easy meals like hotdogs and hamburgers, and my kids would be entertained most of the day. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

On 9/17/2022 at 5:38 PM, Mrs Ms said:

Loosing his twin brother and his younger sister probably made him a bit more cautious.
Also, he seems to me to have such a stick up his butt that he is the kind of person who follows any instruction or rule to the absolute letter. In this case I couldn’t be happier!

Adam required a lot of convincing and God Personally Sending Him Relevant Scripture in order to accept that Valerie needed a c section with the twins. He definitely has a stick up his butt, but he doesn’t always lean towards the safest choices for his wife and kids.

Discussion starts here: 

I remember that blog post because it made him sound like such a self-important asshole. Let the doctors take care of your wife (with a procedure that she obviously wants for herself).

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Adam required a lot of convincing and God Personally Sending Him Relevant Scripture in order to accept that Valerie needed a c section with the twins. He definitely has a stick up his butt, but he doesn’t always lean towards the safest choices for his wife and kids.

Discussion starts here: 

I remember that blog post because it made him sound like such a self-important asshole. Let the doctors take care of your wife (with a procedure that she obviously wants for herself).

I had forgotten about that. Boy am I glad those two are probably done having kids. He seems insanely uptight. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

For all their talk of trusting the Lord, fundies sure have a lot of anxiety about making decisions.  I know they're taught to take everything to prayer, but it seems all that produces is a lot of overthinking and paralysis of analysis.  That's Adam Waller in a nutshell.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

For all their talk of trusting the Lord, fundies sure have a lot of anxiety about making decisions.  I know they're taught to take everything to prayer, but it seems all that produces is a lot of overthinking and paralysis of analysis.  That's Adam Waller in a nutshell.

There's trusting the Lord but there's also pleasing the Lord and not inadvertently pissing off the Lord.  Any action or inaction needs to satisfy all three, which I'm sure is anxiety-provoking for some.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

There's trusting the Lord but there's also pleasing the Lord and not inadvertently pissing off the Lord.  Any action or inaction needs to satisfy all three, which I'm sure is anxiety-provoking for some.

Especially to Adam. Whose twin died young. I wouldn’t be surprised if any type of medical issue causes him anxiety. This is one of the many instances of fundies needing therapy. But they will just pray instead.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Especially to Adam. Whose twin died young. I wouldn’t be surprised if any type of medical issue causes him anxiety. This is one of the many instances of fundies needing therapy. But they will just pray instead.

I really wonder whether any in the family blame themselves for Isaac's death.  

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

Didn’t he die of a fast moving cancer? A kind that is hard to treat.

From his obituary: "A cerebral hemorrhage, leukemia did not prevent Isaac from having a joyful radiance that bore testimony to a life at peace with God."

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/isaac-waller-obituary?pid=15682811

Isaac went with his family to Mongolia in June 2005, early October 2005 he developed an infection in his leg that was treated with antibiotics and bedrest. Early November (blog post reflects November 3, 2005) Isaac was flown to Seoul, Korea after learning his white blood count was high and his platelet count was low. During the flight Isaac had a brain hemorrhage, lost consciousness and died November 4, 2005.

From the blog: "At the end it seemed that some type of aggressive blood disease like leukemia rapidly swept through his body." It doesn't say when that conclusion was reached, if it was confirmed, or just speculated. 

http://visionserve.org/2005/10/phone-systems-in-mongolia/

http://visionserve.org/2005/11/isaac-very-sick-evacuated-to-korea/

http://visionserve.org/2005/11/isaac-went-home/

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1