IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller 11: Pecanling Number Six Is Here

GreyhoundFan

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thank goodness they put little Debbie in a basket and not a toy truck.

55848CAF-0C8D-434F-A66F-0DDD84469639.jpeg

She needs socks on her teeny feets!

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, JMO said:

His sister did the photo shoot. That's a big improvement from Dump Truck Baby.

I’m surprised Lydia hasn’t announced a pregnancy yet. I hope it’s by choice. But she’s a waller and they don’t seem to stray much. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Hane said:

They might not stay on yet. Mine was three months before even newborn socks stayed on. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 1/27/2022 at 8:37 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hope David helps with the homeschooling. Now that he’s a pastor I would think he could try to make his own daily schedule through the work week and possibly help with the homeschooling. If Pris had that much trouble with school, I imagine she would have a hard time teaching it as well. And if David can’t, they really need to think about sending the kids to school. 

They‘ll probably have an unmarried fundie helping with homeschooling and houshold stuff at some point in the future.

• Upvote 5

A tip for keeping socks on tiny ones, tights! Even my boys wore tights under their trousers until they were 18 months ish. Kept their toeses warm and gave a little extra warmth in winter

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I have always assumed Priscilla has a form of dyslexia.  I know quite a few people with dyslexia and/or a reading comprehension disorder.  It takes a lot of extra time, effort and skills to work through these issues.. assistance likely not offered at SOTDRT.  But it is not a sign of lower intelligence.. often times quite the opposite.. Given what Pris was born into and the story she has been fed " This disability is Gods gift to you" I would say she is doing ok.  WE can all see the awkwardness that she is in regards to speaking in the videos.. I am sure that this "On the spot" activity brings about all the anxiety and pressure that leads to the verbal stumbling we all see.  But it doesn't appear she is being shoved off into a corner and belittled by her spouse since he puts her on camera.  

I just hope that if any of the kids inherit any learning/comprehension issues they have enough sense to get services for the children!  

• Upvote 9

On 2/19/2022 at 2:58 PM, Hane said:

But then we couldn't see those adorable plump little toesies! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I have three kids. Couldn’t keep socks on the first two. Then my friend from the uk sent us these amazing things for baby 3 which of course you can now get on Amazon… sock ons! But I also love baby toes and my first two were not impacted negatively by losing socks too much 

5E866237-4DC8-4610-8EBA-7EA2ABD1AF44.png

• Upvote 3

Confession:

I was basically the laziest mom ever when it came to socks. My kids just wore footed PJs 24/7 when they were wee little.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 8

I’m sure escaping from the dumpster fire that is IBLP was David’s main reason for becoming a pastor, but I wonder if he also realizes homeschooling won’t work for his family, and actually made a life change to benefit his children. 

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Deborah is adorable, but I don't like the basket. It's too small and it reminds me of laundry and towels. Also the strap over her ankles seems odd.

5 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I’m sure escaping from the dumpster fire that is IBLP was David’s main reason for becoming a pastor, but I wonder if he also realizes homeschooling won’t work for his family, and actually made a life change to benefit his children. 

It is my belief that David is convinced the IBLP is dying and was looking for an organization that was growing in membership. His reasons for leaving imo are financial and nothing to do with his beliefs changing in any way. At least I've seen zero signs that his beliefs have changed. His being with Anna at the trial and liking her post about there being more to story tell me he hasn't changed. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It is my belief that David is convinced the IBLP is dying and was looking for an organization that was growing in membership. His reasons for leaving imo are financial and nothing to do with his beliefs changing in any way. At least I've seen zero signs that his beliefs have changed.

I think both statements are true. David saw the writing on the wall with IBLP no longer being a good long-term option and found a better path for him and his family. 

Maybe a homeschool co-op is part of the Waller's plans for their church, and a way for the Waller kids to have access to other teachers. Unfortunately, I don't see the Wallers choosing not to homeschool even if it is in the best interest of their children's education. Perhaps foolishly I hope a homeschool co-op could give them the chance at a slightly better education. 

• Upvote 8

Braggie is in a homeschool co op in east Texas. I don’t think she’s close enough to the Wallers but I’m sure there are other Christian homeschool co ops in that part of Texas. 

• Upvote 5

My concern for Debbie’s teensy feets comes from the fact that I’m in New England and freezing and stupidly forgetting that she’s in Texas.

When my grandson was born, I saw his little bluish feet and started rubbing them to warm them up, till his nurse said, “He’s not cold—it’s just a newborn circulation thing and they’ll pink up in a little while.” It was August so I felt like an idiot.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, Hane said:

My concern for Debbie’s teensy feets comes from the fact that I’m in New England and freezing and stupidly forgetting that she’s in Texas.

When my grandson was born, I saw his little bluish feet and started rubbing them to warm them up, till his nurse said, “He’s not cold—it’s just a newborn circulation thing and they’ll pink up in a little while.” It was August so I felt like an idiot.

I think my feet missed that memo. More often than not, they're still blue-ish and my circulation is terrible. Socks don't do a damn thing for me; coozies for feet, they might as well be.

• Love 2

Regarding Priscilla learning difficulties, we don't really know if she has it or not. She used to speak poorly, but only sometimes, so it could have been due to shyness. Anyway, if I recall correctly, Kellers said that Priscilla's birth was complicated and she had some issues. Maybe it is the reason for her difficulties, in addition to the awful homeschool, no therapies or extracurricular activities and brainwashing. 

I think that some Kellers (Esther, Priscilla) are like her mom. She also seems very quiet and not the smartest. It doesn't mean learning difficulties, 

• Upvote 7

I doubt Deborah is not wearing socks all the time. It’s probably just for the picture. Baby feet are seriously the cutest!! It seems like a waste to cover them up for a photo shoot. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, adidas said:

Priscilla spoke about her learning difficulties in a video. I’ll see if I can find it …

What breaks my heart is how much struggling with school impacts self-esteem and leads to labeling as “not smart” à la Tim Rod. Priscilla functions just fine as an adult; she is clearly literate and able to organize herself to care for 6 kids so likely any learning disabilities could have been remediated. She may have just needed material presented another way or more time, The more she was labeled as the dumb one, the more anxious she would have become which would have made learning near impossible. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic