IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller 11: Pecanling Number Six Is Here

GreyhoundFan

44 minutes ago, ven said:

There is a filmed statement in a church where priss talks about it.it has been Publicly broadcasted.

Priscilla should have been in early intervention, speech therapy and other support services.  This video makes me sad.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

And now this poor woman is in charge of teaching at least six children. 🙁

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Hane said:

And now this poor woman is in charge of teaching at least six children. 🙁

This is why I think Pecan will help. I think he will see them struggling at some point and step in to help. I’m not saying Pecan is some amazing man and father. I see him as being too proud to allow his children’s homeschooling to fall behind. Especially the sons. 

• Upvote 15

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is why I think Pecan will help. I think he will see them struggling at some point and step in to help. I’m not saying Pecan is some amazing man and father. I see him as being too proud to allow his children’s homeschooling to fall behind. Especially the sons. 

Pecan may enjoy his little nuts.  I recall seeing a post in the past where the Pecans took their kids camping at a state park.  Tent camping. I think they had "only" three kids at the time, but it looked like something they were enjoying as a family. 

Now they've been grifted an RV or camping trailer, maybe the'll head out to another park for camping. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

Pecan may enjoy his little nuts.  I recall seeing a post in the past where the Pecans took their kids camping at a state park.  Tent camping. I think they had "only" three kids at the time, but it looked like something they were enjoying as a family. 

Now they've been grifted an RV or camping trailer, maybe the'll head out to another park for camping. 

JB seemed to enjoy having little kids around. I think pecan probably does enjoy when they are little. But I have a feeling, like JB, he might not like them growing up and showing some independence. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Pecan may enjoy his little nuts.  

My mind put a different connotation on the word “nuts” and went to a rather dirty place for a moment. But I agree, unlike many of these patriarchal fathers, he seems to actually like spending time with his kids.  

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

He and Priscilla seem like a better match to me than most fundies. They like to run together, they take cheesy dates and eat blooming onions together. Priscilla probably has some learning differences and definitely should have had help but people with all sorts of learning differences and disabilities get married all the time. I feel less bad for the pecan children than most. 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

He and Priscilla seem like a better match to me than most fundies. They like to run together, they take cheesy dates and eat blooming onions together. Priscilla probably has some learning differences and definitely should have had help but people with all sorts of learning differences and disabilities get married all the time. I feel less bad for the pecan children than most. 

Like I said upthread, I think they enjoy their young children. The kids likely have an ok life so far. Especially when compared to some other fundie families. However, I have a strong feeling things will change in the late teens and young adulthoods of their children. They can pretty easily control the kids right now. When they start showing some independence and making some of their own choices, I could see pecan laying the guilt and shame on them pretty heavily. And making any kid miserable if he/she wanted something pecan does not approve of. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16

5 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

I feel like Priscilla has the least personality of all fundies we discuss. She is sweet and that’s it. So no resentment for having no voice and no opinions of her own. David can decide they go running, give a biblical reasoning and off they go. He is happy and she just is. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

I feel like Priscilla has the least personality of all fundies we discuss. She is sweet and that’s it. So no resentment for having no voice and no opinions of her own. David can decide they go running, give a biblical reasoning and off they go. He is happy and she just is. 

It breaks my heart that instead of getting her the services she needed, her parents just taught her to accept that God gave her limited mental capacity (her words, not mine)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 19

On 8/31/2022 at 12:02 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can see him setting up some kind of homeschool coop/charter type of thing at his church.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I can see him setting up some kind of homeschool coop/charter type of thing at his church.

I’m sure they would find some of the curriculum inappropriate, but there is a free k-12 online schooling system free through the state of California (maybe other states too?) where kids have assigned teachers to help with each subject, some zoom type classes, can get extra help if needed, and end up with a regular state sanctioned high school diploma. It’s pretty popular.  I could see them using something like that for math, science, reading and other basics, and supplementing/ replacing when more controversial topics are covered. I know there’s private versions too, some of them heavily Christian. You do need some parent support, but more of the making sure they stay on track type. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

The Pecans are down in Florida visiting her parents. I’m sure we will see pics of Nurie with them posted by Jill. But the video they posted had little Debbie in it. And oh my god. She is just a doll. I love her. 

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Pecans are down in Florida visiting her parents. I’m sure we will see pics of Nurie with them posted by Jill. But the video they posted had little Debbie in it. And oh my god. She is just a doll. I love her. 

Who is little Debbie? 

8 minutes ago, gustava said:

Who is little Debbie? 

Their youngest. She’s number 6. She’s adorable.

47D0C40F-70F5-4B10-8F4A-24734CE98FEA.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

50 minutes ago, gustava said:

Who is little Debbie? 

LOL, now I'm hungry:

image.png.e9fda47c5785d187179016abadb5d869.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16

• 2 weeks later...

An updated photo of the (Adam) Waller family. Since they are older and weren’t super fertile in the first place, I’m going to guess they won’t have any more. 

C7A1CA82-6AB0-40F0-A29D-43FEC9683669.jpeg

• Thank You 5

13 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

And everyone wearing a life jacket. It's a low bar, but they met it!

Probably because they only have 5 and they are fairly spread out. I think a large part of being unsafe amongst fundies is the fact that they have a kid every 18 months which means they are exhausted, overwhelmed, and strapped for cash. Safety measures fall by the wayside. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Loosing his twin brother and his younger sister probably made him a bit more cautious.
Also, he seems to me to have such a stick up his butt that he is the kind of person who follows any instruction or rule to the absolute letter. In this case I couldn’t be happier!

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Loosing his twin brother and his younger sister probably made him a bit more cautious.
Also, he seems to me to have such a stick up his butt that he is the kind of person who follows any instruction or rule to the absolute letter. In this case I couldn’t be happier!

He and his twin were the oldest of 10. I think there is something to saying the oldest can be the rule follower of the family (Josh Duggar not included 🙄). I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a stickler for the rules.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, FiveAcres said:

And everyone wearing a life jacket. It's a low bar, but they met it!

Good point! And Dad is holding his canoe paddle correctly.  I bet each of those kids are in very safe booster and child seats in the car, buckled in correctly.  

I still have car/van/truck/junk pile PTSD (just kidding) from reading Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover.

19 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

How did that happen?  Was it one incident or two separate accidents or illness?

I'm curious how Big Sandy is structured relative to Texas law.  I know kids camps, even church camps, are incredibly well regulated both in regard to safety, and what adults are allowed to be on the campus when camp is in session. 

It's likely that water activities on the Big Sandy campus require life vests. 

Edited by Howl

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

Good point! And Dad is holding his canoe paddle correctly.  I bet each of those kids are in very safe booster and child seats in the car, buckled in correctly.  

I still have car/van/truck/junk pile PTSD (just kidding) from reading Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover.

I'm curious how Big Sandy is structured relative to Texas law.  I know kids camps, even church camps, are incredibly well regulated both in regard to safety, and what adults are allowed to be on the campus when camp is in session. 

Adam’s twin brother got sick overseas back in the early 2000s and died. He was an adult at the time. Then the youngest daughter Rebecca died in a car accident almost 3 years ago. We sort of assumed she was coming home from work. Maybe she was tired. The only accident I was in was after a double shift. I was so tired. She was a young adult like Isaac. Both made it to adulthood and then died. It’s sad the Wallers have already lost 2 of their 10.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4

11 minutes ago, Howl said:

His brother illness (I think cancer) while the whole family was living in Mongolia as missionaries when the twins were late teens or early 20s. 
His sister in a car crash within the last 2-3 years.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic