• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Foot is singular and feet is plural.

It's meant to be cute and is common babytalk vernacular. Baby feets 😍

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

4 lb in a month is pretty impressive! I think 2 lb is more common. your kid probably jumped up some percentiles on the growth curve.

A pound and a half to two pounds is normal for the first month.  

7 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Yes! It’s all baby boy wore until he could walk. Now that he’s walking, the footed PJs are too slippery. During the day we mostly use tights with anti-slipping socks on top, because they will stay on. Normal socks just don’t work, and it’s too cold to be barefoot.

All of this talk about baby footwear, I have to ask are booties not a baby thing any more?  That's all that would stay on my kids' feet.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SunnySide said:

We got the grammar police up in here!

Allow me to wave my MA in English in their general direction.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

@Coconut Flan Those come off too, with enough kicks. Where there is a will, there’s a way! And mine had a strong will. We used a fleece lined car seat cover and she survived bare feet at church. Newborn tights don’t stay up on all kids either and those shoes that are labeled kick proof? Yeah, they’re not. Now, she undoes the Velcro on her snow boots in the car and kicks them off. She also unzips her jacket but can’t get it off due to the car seat. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

All of this talk about baby footwear, I have to ask are booties not a baby thing any more?  That's all that would stay on my kids' feet.  

PJs and onesies with feet were just what worked best for us when he wasn’t mobile yet, especially because he was little during fall/winter.

For outside we had a wool one piece suit where you could fold over and close the sleeves over hands and feet, like that:

image.jpeg.c9604aff713d81ac7398c71d58258c41.jpeg

They are really popular here, super warm and cozy, and so easy to sell/buy used in great condition because tiny babies grow out quickly and don’t play in the dirt just yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

I wasn’t going to get onto this but I can’t help myself 🤣

Frostbite can happen at temperatures of 31f and below. I didn’t know this - I googled it.

I wear woollen socks if it’s below 15°c so of course I think 32f is bloody freezing and definitely snowsuit weather. To be fair, I have Reynauds and I can literally turn purple from the cold in summer. Anyway, I didn’t have much to add to the conversation, but for someone accustomed to the cold, maybe 32f doesn’t feel that cold? I had to be reminded not to rug my kids up too much when they were little because not everyone feels the cold as intensely as I do. It’s summer here at the moment and I’m still sleeping under my 6-blanket doona. I had the electric blanket on last week too. If it was 32f I would be wearing electric heated socks 🤣

To steer back to adorable baby feet, there is this "barefoot sandals" thing that is the foot version of the  headband with the ginormous flower thing: 

lovinglove Baby Girls Barefoot Sandals,Chiffon Flower Footwear Accessory for Toddler Babies with Chubby Feet,Unique for Daughter Niece 3-24 Month 12 Pack

Screenshot 2022-02-23 6.21.02 AM.png

• Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, adidas said:

I’m still sleeping under my 6-blanket doona.

Can you clarify?  I looked up "doona" and the only references were to baby strollers/prams. 

7 hours ago, adidas said:

but for someone accustomed to the cold, maybe 32f doesn’t feel that cold

Where I live, the temperature didn't get above freezing for the entire month of January, and for quite a few days we had wind chill warnings with temps around -20, -30 F. My dog is part Husky and part Alaskan malamute and I had him in boots (he hated it).  My boss even let us stay home from work one day because it was so cold! So, once we finally had a 32F day, I was PSYCHED. I ditched the scarf, I ditched the gloves, and it was glorious :)

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, Hane said:

I should have kept my yap shut about baby feets. 😢

True story: Years ago, I was at a bookstore with my toddler, who was in her stroller. I stopped at a display of books to peruse them (at length), then looked down to see that my baby had removed her Mary Janes and socks and had both her feet in her mouth. I wanted to *die*.

I dunno, that sounds pretty adorable. I guess it would be annoying if the socks and shoes were strewn about the store and not caught by the stroller.

I'm an older parent so got sooooo many hand me downs from friends. I think we even have surplus shoes in several sizes so even that doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

I realize this is very privileged! I'd actually like to find good places to donate so we're not just passing kid stuff among the middle class. (I guess a women's shelter would be good.)

• Upvote 4

Working in retail, I would find many itty, bitty socks and shoes on the floor.( As well as soothers and sad, abandoned toys. ) Babies like to toss things left and right without a care of where they are and what the weather is like. Cute little human tornadoes.

I was shamed a little bit in public by strangers in regards to my babies. Nothing serious. One cold day I was walking into the grocery store with my daughter bundled in a blanket and I didn’t realize her feet had slipped out. A very condescending young man told me to wrap her up better. It had me in tears because I was sleep-deprived and hormones were crazy from my body readjusting itself. I did always make sure her feet were bundled in after that.

I always worried about their little, bald heads in the winter and not being able to catch their breath in the cold wind. They always had a hat or blanket on wether they liked it or not. 

• Upvote 5

I swear to Rufus the sockless baby was wearing a full fleece footed pj outfit and a hat today at pick up. I think the mom might be reading here 😉

• Haha 13
  • Love 2

Our work is done.

The booties I was able to buy all those eons ago could not be kicked off.  I know because I had champion sock and bootie removers.  It's why I ended up buying those.   It was in the design.  They weren't cute so they seem to have vanished from the market.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

When I would go out to shop with my 3 under 3 I had to make my life as easy as possible.  I would arrive at Target and park.. Unload the double stroller and pull it up to the side of the van.. Open door,  Unstrap 2 babes and lock into stroller seats.  Grab preschooler ( known for non working ears and amazing running skills) and slip his backpack harness onto him.  Walk into the store.. Upon entering store I would pull over and grab the socks and shoes off the babes and tuck under the stroller so nothing disappeared while we shopped.  Then I would shop and proceed to be asked at least a dozen times about the missing foot coverings of the happy babbling babes. 

Never lost anything after the one time I had to search for a Reebok sneaker!  The questions and the looks though.. so entertaining.. Yes it is cold outside in Ohio in Winter.. But inside Target.. we are just fine.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 10

I was perusing Reddit tonight and saw this video from 19KAC.  I had forgotten it. I think my brain was trying to preserve my sanity. It’s Pecan and convicted felon Josh Duggar racing and mud wrestling. I wish I were kidding. TW:  Josh Duggar. 

Spoiler

My apologies, but I just couldn’t resist sharing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

28 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I was perusing Reddit tonight and saw this video from 19KAC.  I had forgotten it. I think my brain was trying to preserve my sanity. It’s Pecan and convicted felon Josh Duggar racing and mud wrestling. I wish I were kidding. TW:  Josh Duggar. 

Hide contents

I remember that episode very well. That was before any of the scandals. I remember watching when it first aired and thinking how ridiculous they were acting. I was totally put off by both of them in that episode. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

My daughter HATES having her feet covered. Footie onesies haven't been an option for a while since she loses her mind.

Today it was in the mid 60s for some reason and I skipped the booties on my daughter. She came home wearing some other kid's socks. Mom fail? Maybe.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Hide contents

Of course David is riding four wheelers in his polo shirt and khakis. After all, he is the same guy who water skied in a suit!

• Upvote 7

23 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

PJs and onesies with feet were just what worked best for us when he wasn’t mobile yet, especially because he was little during fall/winter.

For outside we had a wool one piece suit where you could fold over and close the sleeves over hands and feet, like that:

image.jpeg.c9604aff713d81ac7398c71d58258c41.jpeg

They are really popular here, super warm and cozy, and so easy to sell/buy used in great condition because tiny babies grow out quickly and don’t play in the dirt just yet.

Are you in Germany as well :-)?
We have an overall like that. Baby Bear actually already outgrow his first one. I love these overalls! And this is a lovely color!

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, ophelia said:

We have an overall like that. Baby Bear actually already outgrow his first one. I love these overalls! And this is a lovely color!

That‘s what I thought as well, „oh, another German“ 😄 My friend made me a wollen coat like this in a gorgeous forest green color (with foldable sleeves, rainbows on the inside and a gnome-like hood) for my youngest when he was a toddler. I ruined it because I used the wrong washing machine program.

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, ophelia said:

Haha, yes, fellow German here!

I do love that color, but we didn’t get it, because we got ours used and weren’t too picky with colors. We just got what was available at the time.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic