IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 42: Managing without TLC

Coconut Flan

24 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Just saw on fb that the jake Owens guy that made the rant about jb died. Apparently Nike accident Hawaii no helmet. 

That's so sad. He just had a kid.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Just saw on fb that the jake Owens guy that made the rant about jb died. Apparently Nike accident Hawaii no helmet. 

Jake Wilson not Jake Owens. He’s Clark Wilson’s son. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

I feel like I have once again lost the grandDuggar count so far Anna gas 6 +1 on the way, then Jill has 2, Jessa 4, Joy 2, Kendra 3 (and she could announce #4 soon), Katey is pregnant, Claire at the moment isn't known to be pregnant, Abbie has 1, Lauren 1, so total 21 counting those in utero, am I missing someone? 

47 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I feel like I have once again lost the grandDuggar count so far Anna gas 6 +1 on the way, then Jill has 2, Jessa 4, Joy 2, Kendra 3 (and she could announce #4 soon), Katey is pregnant, Claire at the moment isn't known to be pregnant, Abbie has 1, Lauren 1, so total 21 counting those in utero, am I missing someone? 

Jinger has 2 girls, so 21 already born plus 2 on the way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Right, thanks @EmiSueEmiSue l know I was forgetting someone...🤦‍♀️

Anyway, the pregnancy streak continues I tho k there hasn't been a period without some Duggar pregnant since Jinger #1 or so and probably there will not be one for a long time. 

Sorry just a boring and long day that makes me wonder about little things in the fundie universe 

• Upvote 4

I’m just hoping a sudden rash of males start being born into the Duggar family. There are way too many girls being born into that sexist patriarchal family. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 14

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Whoopseee listening to country while cleaning got me like…

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m just hoping a sudden rash of males start being born into the Duggar family. There are way too many girls being born into that sexist patriarchal family. 

The Duggars are streaky when it comes to the sex of their offsprings, both in the 2nd and 3rd generations- They are definitely due for string of boys.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

The Duggars are streaky when it comes to the sex of their offsprings, both in the 2nd and 3rd generations- They are definitely due for string of boys.

I think Jed and Katey will break the streak

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

On 9/8/2021 at 1:56 PM, AussieKrissy said:

That's so sad. Was he drinking?

5 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

That's so sad. Was he drinking?

An article I found mentioned excessive speed being a potential factor. It didn't mention alcohol or impairment one way or the other. 

• Upvote 5

On 9/8/2021 at 1:51 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

According to https://www.kitv.com/story/44685198/25yearold-from-mississippi-dies-after-motorcycle-crash
"The cause of the crash is still being investigated by the Traffic Safety Unit but a preliminary report indicates that speed may have been a factor.

The motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet."

There is a GFM up for funeral costs and the two comments on there are by "Jedidiah Duggar" and "John and Chelsy Maxwell".

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Joyleaf said:

According to https://www.kitv.com/story/44685198/25yearold-from-mississippi-dies-after-motorcycle-crash
"The cause of the crash is still being investigated by the Traffic Safety Unit but a preliminary report indicates that speed may have been a factor.

The motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet."

There is a GFM up for funeral costs and the two comments on there are by "Jedidiah Duggar" and "John and Chelsy Maxwell".

Jim Bob is on there and donated $500.00.  

29 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Jim Bob is on there and donated $500.00.  

Funny since Jake made a drunken video calling JB out about Josh. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Funny since Jake made a drunken video calling JB out about Josh. 

Not really funny since Jake is dead. JB can be magnanimous in death. Plus Jake's widowed mother is one of the main mourners and the Duggars have always talked about how you have to be nice to widows.

This video I'm linking is a Youth For Christ Conference where JB and Michelle Duggar gave a talk with David and Priscilla Waller. It's from February 2019. One of the things JB, in particular, kept emphasing was that bad things happened to people who weren't Christian or left their faith. Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise if Jake/Jacob became another one of his cautionary tales.

• Eyeroll 6

14 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise if Jake/Jacob became another one of his cautionary tales.

This man's death should become a cautionary tale about motorcycles and helmets, not to threaten those who don't care for JB's flavor of Christianity.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 12

Did we know where the Duggars are going to church now that they've left the Caldwells' church? Jed mentioned in the announcement video that it's Gospel Light Baptist. The closest church by that name is in Rogers, and the pastor looks like the officiant at Jed and Katey's wedding (glbcrogers.com). It's possible that only Jed and Katey and her family are members, but since the main Duggar family was at the church's night at the ballpark, they probably are too. Plus, it seems like the Nakatsus would have joined the Duggars' church when they moved to Arkansas. Joe and his family were not in the ballpark video, were they? They're probably still at the Caldwells' church, and therefore didn't attend the ballpark night.

• Upvote 7

I agree that the core Duggars have moved to Gospel Light Baptist.  Also agree that Joe remained with the Caldwells. Don't forget Benessa. I forget the name of Ben's church, but it doesn't appear any of the Duggars attend there.

• Upvote 7

So do all these different churches teach the same theology based on and grounded in the same tenets? If so, the church shopping, which the Duggars do seem to do, is based on what? Politics?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

So do all these different churches teach the same theology based on and grounded in the same tenets? If so, the church shopping, which the Duggars do seem to do, is based on what? Politics?

My extremely limited understanding, based mostly on reading here :

The main Duggar Family, headed by J.B., were attending the Caldwells church until recently. The Caldwells and J.B. Had a falling out, possibly around Covid restrictions. Now the main Duggar family attends a different church. Both churches are IFB. Independent Fundamentalist Baptist. Which are some hard core kind of extra heaped on traditional Southern Baptists? in the past they have also “home churched” and been part of even MORE extremist small church communities. Gothard and IBLP play into this, but I’m not sure what the role is in the church structure. 

Joe and Kendra stayed with her dad’s church.

Jinger and Jessa both married men who are now preachers/ministers whose theology is more Calvinistic. Which isn’t Baptist. So a whole different kind of Protestant. Big difference around baptists being more legalistic? And Calvinist have pre-chosen people, which sounds like Jehovah Witnesses to me, but I know it’s not. 

Jill and Derrick are now more regular Southern Baptist. Which is very conservative, but not to a documentary cult level. 

The rest of the married kids, except Justin, all seem to live within 45 minutes or an hour of the Main House - but depending what direction the church is in, they might prefer something closer to their homes. 

Am I close? 

• Upvote 14

39 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

My extremely limited understanding, based mostly on reading here :

The main Duggar Family, headed by J.B., were attending the Caldwells church until recently. The Caldwells and J.B. Had a falling out, possibly around Covid restrictions. Now the main Duggar family attends a different church. Both churches are IFB. Independent Fundamentalist Baptist. Which are some hard core kind of extra heaped on traditional Southern Baptists? in the past they have also “home churched” and been part of even MORE extremist small church communities. Gothard and IBLP play into this, but I’m not sure what the role is in the church structure. 

Joe and Kendra stayed with her dad’s church.

Jinger and Jessa both married men who are now preachers/ministers whose theology is more Calvinistic. Which isn’t Baptist. So a whole different kind of Protestant. Big difference around baptists being more legalistic? And Calvinist have pre-chosen people, which sounds like Jehovah Witnesses to me, but I know it’s not. 

Jill and Derrick are now more regular Southern Baptist. Which is very conservative, but not to a documentary cult level. 

The rest of the married kids, except Justin, all seem to live within 45 minutes or an hour of the Main House - but depending what direction the church is in, they might prefer something closer to their homes. 

Am I close? 

Yes, that all sounds correct to me. There’s also Joy and Austin, who were in the ballpark video, so they’ve probably at Gospel Light. Most likely Austin’s parents and maybe his sister’s family are there too. Not sure about JD and Abbie.

• Upvote 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic