IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 42: Managing without TLC

Coconut Flan

Wow. I think Derick’s referencing to human trafficking is enlightening. I imagine a lot of this was motivation for his journey to law school. 

• Upvote 13

I’m glad Derick has done this- I hope he talked to Jill about it first. 
He has skirted round JB for a long time, dropping hints of snark but mainly focussing on TLC. Nothing he says is a surprise - JB is a liar, greedy and a nasty piece of work when challenged- but I am surprised somebody has come out and said it. Come on Austin, you know you want to join in.

A further thought - I wonder if Derick is going to write the tell all? The Vuolos must be quaking that this will overshadow their children’s book of fundy verse.

• Upvote 30

23 minutes ago, xenobia said:

...and DD replied to Jim Holt's post: 

2EBC4844-8BBB-4AF0-B46F-2CD05ABE6938_1_201_a.jpeg

Presumably if Derick has come to this conclusion, so has Jill. I feel so awful for her. The truth will set you free etc etc etc but having to swallow THIS truth about your own father, who you trusted and loved and who completely shaped your world... that is a life's work and must really take its toll. I wish all the Duggar children strength and peace in this journey, but especially the four Jane Does who each seem to be at a different point along the path.

6 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I’m glad Derick has done this- I hope he talked to Jill about it first. 
He has skirted round JB for a long time, dropping hints of snark but mainly focussing on TLC. Nothing he says is a surprise - JB is a liar, greedy and a nasty piece of work when challenged- but I am surprised somebody has come out and said it. Come on Austin, you know you want to join in.

A further thought - I wonder if Derick is going to write the tell all? The Vuolos must be quaking that this will overshadow their children’s book of fundy verse.

I do actually wonder whether Derick's snarking at TLC was part of his 'benefit of the doubt' phase - he actually thought it was all TLC's fault and not JB's. He clearly wanted to think the best of his father-in-law, and if he had concerns it might have been easy for the Duggars to convince him that the mistreatment he noticed was due to TLC's way of doing things and they were helpless to change it. I was once betrayed by a dear friend on a far smaller scale than this, but even so it took me years to realise what she had done because my brain simply wouldn't compute it as an option. I blamed everyone but her over the years. Derick and Jill seem to have been desperate for JB's approval in the early years of their marriage, they wanted to believe he was the good guy.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Come on Austin, you know you want to join in.

I agree he's probably as angry, but I don't get the impression a war of words on SM is his preferred combat style.  That's not snark, my brother is brilliant and very successful engineer and is not comfortable communicating in text.

Also Jill and Joy are likely at very different places in their healing and none of the husbands should say one word publicly without enthusiastic consent of their wife.

Of all the stuff posted if any made JB poop his pants a little it would be this one.  No ambiguity and shots directly fired at him personally.   Sadly I bet the only thing JB will learn from this (and Jinger/Jeremy's post)  is that it's dangerous to let your daughter marry a man with an education who understand the world outside of IBLP.

The Duggars breaking into factions has got to be doing a number on Anna's head since she probably never realized before that open defiance was possible.  Anyone know which of the siblings she was closest to before all this went down?

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 4

According to Reddit, Derick has now deleted his post!

He's not an idiot; he knows these things get screenshot within seconds and that the internet is forever so his point is well and truly out there...

Guess it's a good way to make your point and then say to the family 'Look, I was wound up and overreacted, but I deleted it, didn't I? And Jesus forgives me!'

🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree he's probably as angry, but I don't get the impression a war of words on SM is his preferred combat style.  That's not snark, my brother is brilliant and very successful engineer and is not comfortable communicating in text.

Also Jill and Joy are likely at very different places in their healing and none of the husbands should say one word publicly without enthusiastic consent of their wife.

Of all the stuff posted if any made JB poop his pants a little it would be this one.  No ambiguity and shots directly fired at him personally.   Sadly I bet the only thing JB will learn from this (and Jinger/Jeremy's post)  is that it's dangerous to let your daughter marry a man with an education who understand the world outside of IBLP.

The Duggars breaking into factions has got to be doing a number on Anna's head since she probably never realized before that open defiance was possible.  Anyone know which of the siblings she was closest to before all this went down?

She seemed pretty close with all of the older girls - there was a time when the show staged her with Amy, too, so hopefully any positive connection there will come to her mind. I think when she stayed with the older girls after first Josh scandal, Jessa and Jill were gone but Joy, Jana, and Jinger were still at home, so likely Jana?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IrishCarrie said:

According to Reddit, Derick has now deleted his post!

He's not an idiot; he knows these things get screenshot within seconds and that the internet is forever so his point is well and truly out there...

Guess it's a good way to make your point and then say to the family 'Look, I was wound up and overreacted, but I deleted it, didn't I? And Jesus forgives me!'

🤣🤣🤣

I still see it.

• I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic