IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 42: Managing without TLC

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

The Head Dr is an osteopath but also does emergency room care? I'm confused as he doesn't seem to have an actual MD 

I don't know anything about the American health care system. How can you be "Board certified in emergency medicine" and not have an MD?

The absolute best ED docs I've worked with have mostly been Osteopaths. Having an MD does not make the America's Frontline Plandemic doctors better in real life practice. 

• Upvote 5
  • Fuck You 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

The best doctors I've ever had were DO. They seem to have a more holistic approach to medicine. As soon as I can afford it, I'll be establishing care w/a DO. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

OK that website is insane. How on earth are they measuring numbers (besides pull it from their asses)? On their homepage in flashy bold letters they claim to have responded to over 15 major disasters, in 7 different countries, and to have treated (their word not mine, but implies to me something more than just proselytizing to someone, seems you’d need to be doing something medical for the word to fit) over 10,000 patients (again implying medical treatment with the use of the word patients).

I mean that can’t be close to true and yet they are a registered charity in the US. Seems like you’d have to be actually doing the things you say you are to get approved for others to donate to you and get a receipt (though I know in practice they are highly not the only charity failing at that).

I hate white saviorism. I hate untrained people coming armed with God but not able to help in practical, needed ways. I hate that any donations to them could be supporting better charities instead of being wasted. I really hate that they were raised to believe that this is totally ok and legit because they are white and male and fundie so how could anyone be better placed to “save all the (poor, brown) people’s souls”? They can’t conceive that they’d be better helping by raising money from home and sending it to people doing on the ground work in a respectful, useful way that supports short and long term needs of the residents in need.

Ugh to all of it. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

So I'm not familiar with MediCorps specifically, so I've got some genuine questions for me here that may have already been answered, but that I don't see.  

Crisis response by people with actual training can be beneficial.  Even if there are local frameworks in place in normal times, you need additional manpower, and infrastructure is down.  Unskilled support staff can be beneficial even in normal times, so if the unskilled members are serving in a support role to benefit the skilled staff (which they have, with two MDs and a DO, and at least one person with EMR certification), I honestly don't have a problem with that facet of it.  Are their unskilled staff getting some level of actual training such as an EMR certification?

Is there evidence that I just haven't seen of unskilled staff are providing what should be skilled care, or other unethical actions?  Because I can easily see a setup like what this appears to be as one where they're flying in some truly skilled staff plus unskilled support staff and integrating well into a coordinated crisis response by providing some additional manpower.  Of course, I could easily see this going the other way, too.  I just haven't seen anything either way, and don't know what's out there that I'm not aware of.  But if they're doing some legit training and providing actual medical care plus logistical support in a crisis, even if it's not necessarily the best way of doing it, I have to give them some level of credit.  If they're not, or if they've got untrained people providing what should be skilled care, then no credit given, of course.  I just haven't seen anything either way on what they're doing.  

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

So I'm not familiar with MediCorps specifically, so I've got some genuine questions for me here that may have already been answered, but that I don't see.  

Crisis response by people with actual training can be beneficial.  Even if there are local frameworks in place in normal times, you need additional manpower, and infrastructure is down.  Unskilled support staff can be beneficial even in normal times, so if the unskilled members are serving in a support role to benefit the skilled staff (which they have, with two MDs and a DO, and at least one person with EMR certification), I honestly don't have a problem with that facet of it.  Are their unskilled staff getting some level of actual training such as an EMR certification?

Here's some pics of Lawson et al in action in Haiti: https://www.instagram.com/p/CS5qp68H_ww/

I don't know if Lawson has EMR certification.  But I do firmly believe that the Bates and Dugger crews could be doing better and more cost effective work if they and their tree service and construction equipment were clearing flood debris in Tennessee or western North Carolina right now. But they wouldn't be  glamorous white saviors in an exotic land, would they??

• Upvote 17

27 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Here's some pics of Lawson et al in action in Haiti: https://www.instagram.com/p/CS5qp68H_ww/

I don't know if Lawson has EMR certification.  But I do firmly believe that the Bates and Dugger crews could be doing better and more cost effective work if they and their tree service and construction equipment were clearing flood debris in Tennessee or western North Carolina right now. But they wouldn't be  glamorous white saviors in an exotic land, would they??

What you describe sounds suspiciously like “work”. Lawson, JD, other Bates men, work, surely you jest. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

They are not qualified for any kind of disaster relief support.  They are arrogant, ignorant fundie assholes flying in with badges and guns incapable of taking orders or working in as part of a large, organized relief effort.  People can't go rogue during disaster relief.  That's dangerous to them, other workers, and the people they are supposed to be helping.  They are better off keeping their asses at home and donating money to relief efforts.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

19 hours ago, HereticHick said:

But I do firmly believe that the Bates and Dugger crews could be doing better and more cost effective work if they and their tree service and construction equipment were clearing flood debris in Tennessee or western North Carolina right now. But they wouldn't be  glamorous white saviors in an exotic land, would they??

Yeah, they'd probably be far more effective doing that.  

And I now see that there's an entire thread on MediCorps.  Here goes.  Am I going to need ferrets on standby?  How deep does this one go?

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Yeah, they'd probably be far more effective doing that.  

And I now see that there's an entire thread on MediCorps.  Here goes.  Am I going to need ferrets on standby?  How deep does this one go?

It’s pretty shallow, since we still have no idea what they actually do. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

Are we really going to make it to the end of August with no Duggar baby announcements??

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Are we really going to make it to the end of August with no Duggar baby announcements??

From your keyboard to God's ears. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I thought that was what Claire's 6th month anniversary announcement was going to be for sure.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Fake or not, man, it feels weird to realise that these boys are now becoming adults. They're all just babies in my eyes. The image of them I had in 2012 when I started following the Duggars hasn't changed a bit :')

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 8/30/2021 at 1:37 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Jase have a new chicky babe? 

548F12E4-1F7C-42DC-AD31-24A673E5291A.png

The blonde on the right (so the only one who’s not his sister or Laura DeMaisie) is Kayla Whaley. She’s closer in age to Jana (29), used to work at IBLP headquarters, and is now a “coach” for the weight-loss MLM Optavia (I think she was briefly coaching Alyssa Bates Webster’s husband, John). I believe she’s in a relationship already, but not married. Anyway, her Instagram presence and general deal is extremely BEC for me.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

So has everyone seen the new cover of people.

The DOWNFALL Of the duggars.

Can I link it?

Iredacted)

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Am I the only one who automatically reads " cousin Famy" when they see inside family sources?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 4

On 9/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, Dominionatrix said:

The blonde on the right (so the only one who’s not his sister or Laura DeMaisie) is Kayla Whaley. She’s closer in age to Jana (29), used to work at IBLP headquarters, and is now a “coach” for the weight-loss MLM Optavia (I think she was briefly coaching Alyssa Bates Webster’s husband, John). I believe she’s in a relationship already, but not married. Anyway, her Instagram presence and general deal is extremely BEC for me.  

So not impossible then? Lol 

• Haha 3

On 8/30/2021 at 11:56 AM, HereticHick said:

Made it to Sep 5 - Jed and Katey just announced.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

Jed! and Katey's announcement is the first announcement since Josh's arrest. The last announcement before Josh's arrest was Anna's pregnancy with M7.

• Upvote 2

I wonder if Anna took the photo or if she was hanging out with fucktard waste or space and the kids got a nice day to themselves… 

970E74EC-A114-43C5-A875-BBD54DC730D5.png

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder if Anna took the photo or if she was hanging out with fucktard waste or space and the kids got a nice day to themselves… 

970E74EC-A114-43C5-A875-BBD54DC730D5.png

How close is Anna to her due date? 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic