IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 42: Managing without TLC

Coconut Flan

What are the odd that the big house could get shared by a couple families like; Anna and kids, Joe & Kendras crew, and another family. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I think they'd need more rooms for the parents if they wanted to do that.

Last time Josh ‘went away’, Anna had to bunk in the with the girls.🙄

The price of Anna’s silence will surely include a house?

Yesterday my grandson went to a candy store and when I saw this bag I thought of all you guys. It was fun thinking about all of you, but kind of gross having JB/M interrupt my otherwise nice brain waves.

Lolli & Pops.jpgMan, I've got to learn to attach pics without them being so large. My apologies.

Edited by Bobology
Add my apology
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 23

5 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I think they'd need more rooms for the parents if they wanted to do that.

They have JB and Michelle’s room and I thought Jana  had her own room eventually. You can put Anna in the Prayer closet or similar. 

I can't see Jim bob and Michelle ever leaving the big house. There are still quite a few years left until Josie leaves the nest (if she does) and I think they'd want to stay there, in control, even if some of the other adult children were living in very crowded quarters.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

Anna bunked with the girls because Josh wasn't there (and I imagine would do so again). If multiple intact couples were sharing the house, they would at least need a bedroom for each to keep procreating for the lord. Those dormatories would get mighty crowded.

• Upvote 6

Arent there just four bedrooms? JB & Mrs room, the boys' room and the girls' room, plus what was Grandma 's room?  I thought they kept her room as guest room. Not really much room for additional families (the adults) unless they do some major renovations.

• Upvote 8

24 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Arent there just four bedrooms? JB & Mrs room, the boys' room and the girls' room, plus what was Grandma 's room?  I thought they kept her room as guest room. Not really much room for additional families (the adults) unless they do some major renovations.

The house is oddly broken up. So I do think they could figure something out. Michelle’s office upstairs could be turned into a bedroom. The playroom could be turned into a bedroom. Jim Bob’s office downstairs could also be turned into to a bedroom. 

• Upvote 4

On 9/27/2021 at 6:49 PM, SassyPants said:

Per IG, JB and M plus the six youngest kids are doing a western area National Parks vacation tour. I truly wonder if either JB or M ever seriously reflects on how much different (I’d say better and more healthy ) their entire lives would have been, if they had only had a manageable number of children. In the photos posted, everyone looks happy and like they are having a good time. 

I’m going to border on snarking on the appearance of children… but there’s a marked difference in the appearance of these children, and that of the older siblings during the early days at TLC; more robust and nourished. 

• Upvote 6

The four bedrooms that exist now all have private bathrooms. If the make offices and the playroom into adult bedrooms they'll have to also add bedrooms. If I were JB & M, I'd take the guest room, let one adult kid and spouse take their room and keep boy and girl dormitories. No idea where guests stay then though.

• Upvote 1

So I knew TLC canceled counting on but my neighbor who was an avid watcher of the show us now talking about that they might bring back a different spin off with the “favorite Duggar families” like jessa and Ben and joe and Kendra? WTF lol have we not had enough Duggar drama? 
has anyone else heard this rumor? I can’t find it substantiated anywhere. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

The four bedrooms that exist now all have private bathrooms. If the make offices and the playroom into adult bedrooms they'll have to also add bedrooms. If I were JB & M, I'd take the guest room, let one adult kid and spouse take their room and keep boy and girl dormitories. No idea where guests stay then though.

They have other bathrooms in the house though. Actually I think there are a lot of bathrooms in that house. There’s one connected to the play room. There’s also one in the hallway near the kitchen. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

So I knew TLC canceled counting on but my neighbor who was an avid watcher of the show us now talking about that they might bring back a different spin off with the “favorite Duggar families” like jessa and Ben and joe and Kendra? WTF lol have we not had enough Duggar drama? 

Surely not… let sleeping dogs lie… 

• I Agree 5

10 minutes ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

I agree. This family has zero to offer for media or public consumption. They lack education, empathy, compassion and in the case of JB and M, the inability to correctly deal with child molestation and abuse. No wants to act, reason, work or exist as these folks do. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The house is oddly broken up. So I do think they could figure something out. Michelle’s office upstairs could be turned into a bedroom. The playroom could be turned into a bedroom. Jim Bob’s office downstairs could also be turned into to a bedroom. 

I don't think the offices are big enough for a reasonable bedroom.  The prayer closet is tiny and only big enough for a small desk.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

It's probably the hope of the diehard fans. I notice their favorite fundie famlies are the more fruitful of the bunch. 

I hope they don't get a new fundie family to replace the Duggars. The beliefs are just as toxic no matter the family.

• Upvote 8

They could build a separate guest annexe on the property, JB and M could take the guest bedroom, and another family could get the main bedroom. 

Looking at floor plans, Michelle's office look to be the same size as the guest bedroom, so they could convert one of the offices into another bedroom if they wanted. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

The whole house is over 7,000 sq ft, and has 7 1/2 baths. They do house flipping. I’m sure if they wanted to, they could renovate it in a way to give at least  2 or 3 of the married kids their own bedrooom/bathroom and still have lots of room for children and JB/Michelle and communal living rooms and kitchen. Or even turn it into a fourplex.  I just don’t see why they’d want to when they own so  many other homes in the area, and have a huge amount of land on the property.  

So far only Joe and Kendra seem to have willingly chosen to remain THAT close to the big house. With Anna /Josh and kids not having other options. They could easily thrown a bunch of nice, big manufactured homes throughout the property for each kid, but so far haven’t. It would seem like most of them prefer to remain close, but not TOO close. Can’t blame them for that, but it’s interesting, considering it would be objectively easier with growing families to get an auntie or uncle to help out, share the workload, etc. 

I did do a really nice Sims house for them based on that house shape and size a long time ago — there is no reason they couldn’t have given the kids a lot more appropriate individual space and privacy. They just didn’t want to.

Also, as someone in JB and Michelle’s age range - I’d point out that they may feel they are a long way from needing assistance and tottering off into the sunset lol. It may be 20 years or more before they want or need to give up control of the big house to any of the kids. 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I did do a really nice Sims house for them based on that house shape and size a long time ago — there is no reason they couldn’t have given the kids a lot more appropriate individual space and privacy. They just didn’t want to.

Do you have pics/floorplan? I would love to see.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

The whole house is over 7,000 sq ft, and has 7 1/2 baths. They do house flipping. I’m sure if they wanted to, they could renovate it in a way to give at least  2 or 3 of the married kids their own bedrooom/bathroom and still have lots of room for children and JB/Michelle and communal living rooms and kitchen. 

This is huge!

To put this in perspective, around here (granted, it’s a city where both purchasing real estate and rent are fairly expensive ), a fairly well-off family with two kids and both parents working might be able to afford an apartment with 100 square meters (~1100 sqft), which would typically include a living room / kitchen, a big bedroom for the parents, a small bedroom each for the kids, a big bathroom and a separate extra toilet (sometimes with another shower). And that would be considered normal / plenty of space (as long as each of the kids has their own room, even if it’s small - that’s something most parents will absolutely do their best to make it happen, at least from the age of 5-6. I think not having your own room as a kid would make people think you’re “poor”, it’s just not common here for anyone who can afford otherwise).

With 7000sqft, they could make SO much room (with privacy, too) for so many people if they went for a clever layout / floor plan!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It's probably the hope of the diehard fans. I notice their favorite fundie famlies are the more fruitful of the bunch. 

I hope they don't get a new fundie family to replace the Duggars. The beliefs are just as toxic no matter the family.

OMG, for a moment, I wondered why there’s a connection between Bruce Willis and his Die Hard franchise and 19 kinds/counting on. Then I noticed what I had misunderstood 😂😂😂

• Haha 20
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Counting on was already a spinoff with some of the families so I don't expect they will do that again. And as far as I know the ratings were already dropping anyway.

• Upvote 9

On 10/4/2021 at 4:13 AM, Idlewild said:

Last time Josh ‘went away’, Anna had to bunk in the with the girls.🙄

The price of Anna’s silence will surely include a house?

I dunno I just can’t see Anna comfortable and or feeling safe living in a house without a headship. I can see her staying on the compound for the “support” and company. 

17 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

I dunno I was shocked when Mumma June got back on…

7 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

OMG, for a moment, I wondered why there’s a connection between Bruce Willis and his Die Hard franchise and 19 kinds/counting on. Then I noticed what I had misunderstood 😂😂😂

Speaking of diehard I saw that they released a kids diehard Christmas book this year. It looks totally cool. 

• Upvote 6

I can see TLC wanting to do yet another spin-off focusing on certain of the younger generation families. However, none of these families lead interesting enough lives to warrant a show. We’ve seen every tired permutation of wedding preparation, childbirth, dental visits and sponsor-mandated segments. Any show would stay well aware from controversial subjects. Neither the Duggars nor TLC would ever agree to show anything that negates their shiny happy image. 

in addition, I can see several of the families (Joy & Austin, John & Abbie) deciding they no longer want to be on TV. Fan favorite Jana would probably opt out, too. Jeremy & Jinger would sign up, but on their own terms. Anna would be willing to sign back on, but nobody will touch that branch of the family. 

Even without the scandals, this show went long past its sell-by date. Please, TLC, don’t resurrect it yet again. 

• Upvote 16

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic