IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 42: Managing without TLC

Coconut Flan

@indianabones I hear you on the buying stuff for a new house. I'm not dating and may never get married: can I create a registry for My First Adventure in Homeownership? It's not the dishes/pots/pans/vases/towels I need, though: it's the rakes and ladders and shovels and stove hood and new furnace.

(But if someone wanted to buy me a KitchenAid mixer, I wouldn't object....)

• Upvote 20
  • Love 3

My advice is to let friend and family know of your lack of tools. That's what I did, and on my first birthday after I bought my house (not in cash), my brother and his family gave me a chainsaw as a birthday present. 

I don't enjoy yard work, but I do enjoy telling the family that I spent time using my birthday chainsaw.  😁

• Upvote 8
  • Love 11

A friend of a friend bought me one of those apple peeler/slicer/corer gadgets for my grad school graduation. I still text him every time I use it over 8 years later, and that is the only time I do because we weren't super close. I just like him to know how much easier it makes my baking season.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

On 8/7/2021 at 7:45 AM, Jigsaw3 said:

@indianabones I hear you on the buying stuff for a new house. I'm not dating and may never get married: can I create a registry for My First Adventure in Homeownership? It's not the dishes/pots/pans/vases/towels I need, though: it's the rakes and ladders and shovels and stove hood and new furnace.

(But if someone wanted to buy me a KitchenAid mixer, I wouldn't object....)

I just got a (barely) used KitchenAid mixer for $100 yesterday!

The Duggars would be so proud of me.

• Upvote 26

4 hours ago, indianabones said:

I just got a (barely) used KitchenAid mixer for $100 yesterday!

The Duggars would be so proud of me.

And Jill Rodrigues would be so jealous!

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16

I got one about two years ago used, in great condition, for $75, because I overcame my extreme anxiety of the phone and called the gal. She said in her ad that she was taking calls only, and I was the first.

When I got to her house, I told her how I never call people,not even friends, because of my silly anxiety. She laughed and said she was the same way. She’d deliberately spelled out that she’d only sell to a caller, not someone responding via messaging, because she wanted it to go to someone who really wanted it.

Its an older one but it’s in amazing condition. She’d really taken good care of it.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 19

I got a keurig for $2 at a rummage sale. Works perfectly. I also got reusable pods so I don't add to the landfill. Do I win?

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I got a keurig for $2 at a rummage sale. Works perfectly. I also got reusable pods so I don't add to the landfill. Do I win?

I think Jim Bob would be very proud!

Well, at the "buy used, save the difference" part anyways...

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 4

COVID is surging in Arkansas. Here's an article about it. I wonder how the Duggars are faring since most of them live in Arkansas.

From the article I linked

Arkansas, among the states hardest-hit by a new wave of coronavirus cases linked to the highly contagious delta variant, says it is down to eight unoccupied ICU beds statewide with which to care for COVID-19 patients.

• WTF 1

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

COVID is surging in Arkansas. Here's an article about it. I wonder how the Duggars are faring since most of them live in Arkansas.

From the article I linked

I stream a classic rock station from Little Rock, AR daily while working from home and they are constantly running PSAs telling Arkansans to PLEASE get vaccinated.  The DJ during the afternoon drive-time period, who unfortunately got COVID before the vaccines came out, is extremely pro-vaccination and wasted no time getting it upon eligibility.  Hopefully non-vaccinated Arkansans will finally begin to listen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Their buddy, Governor Asa Hutchinson, has belatedly realized that it would actually be quite a good idea for people to wear masks and get vaccinated. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/asa-hutchinson-arkansas-governor-mask-law-face-the-nation/

And now he feels like a chump signing the anti-mask mandate into law and wishes he could turn back the clock.    

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

Medic corps are off to Haiti. It doesn’t say if any of the Duggars or Bates are going but if unvaccinated maske refusers think it’s a good idea to go there for a photo op, then they need calling out. They’d be better raising funds for the Red Cross or Medecins sans Frontieres.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

21 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Medic corps are off to Haiti. It doesn’t say if any of the Duggars or Bates are going but if unvaccinated maske refusers think it’s a good idea to go there for a photo op, then they need calling out. They’d be better raising funds for the Red Cross or Medecins sans Frontieres.

They would be better and doing more good doing literally anything else. Staying at home and sleeping might actually be of more good. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 12

2 hours ago, LacyMay said:

They would be better and doing more good doing literally anything else. Staying at home and sleeping might actually be of more good.

Given how bad COVID is in AR definitely they should be staying at home. 

• Upvote 21

9 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Lawson Bates' adoring boo, Tiffany, says he's gone to Haiti. Strutting around with his gun and using his fluent homeschool French, certainement.

By the way, here are JD's and Nathan Bates bios on the site: https://mediccorps.org/who-we-are-2/

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Lawson Bates' adoring boo, Tiffany, says he's gone to Haiti. Strutting around with his gun and using his fluent homeschool French, certainement.

By the way, here are JD's and Nathan Bates bios on the site: https://mediccorps.org/who-we-are-2/

How in the hell did they get doctors to join the Medic Corps team.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I was asking myself the same question. But somehow we have nurses who refuse to get the COVID vaccine so Drs joining this vanity project seems no less ridiculous. I guess we just accept that their are idiots in every profession. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, SPHASH said:

The Head Dr is an osteopath but also does emergency room care? I'm confused as he doesn't seem to have an actual MD 

The two women with MDs are of course lower on the totem pole. One isn't even titled Dr in the headline! 🙄

I don't know anything about the American health care system. How can you be "Board certified in emergency medicine" and not have an MD?

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

The Head Dr is an osteopath but also does emergency room care? I'm confused as he doesn't seem to have an actual MD 

The two women with MDs are of course lower on the totem pole. One isn't even titled Dr in the headline! 🙄

I don't know anything about the American health care system. How can you be "Board certified in emergency medicine" and not have an MD?

OD’s are full fledged doctors who can be board certified. Their training is on a parellel path to the MD.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

14 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Considering one of them lists missions as something she loves to do and that she was saved at 7 in her bio, I'm guessing that they are all uber Christian and want to be associated with the "right" kind of medical mission.  I also see that JD is listed as "CEO of Natural State Environmental Services".  WTF is that? 

• Upvote 5

48 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

OD’s are full fledged doctors who can be board certified. Their training is on a parellel path to the MD.

So interesting! It seems to be an American certification thing. Good to know they're not only learning non-invasive massage with no drugs (ie actual osteopathy).

We don't have any DO programs in Canada but apparently we certify doctors with American DO degrees.

37 minutes ago, JMO said:

Considering one of them lists missions as something she loves to do and that she was saved at 7 in her bio, I'm guessing that they are all uber Christian and want to be associated with the "right" kind of medical mission.  I also see that JD is listed as "CEO of Natural State Environmental Services".  WTF is that? 

I was wondering about the Environmental Services thing too. Septic pumping is my random guess.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I also see that JD is listed as "CEO of Natural State Environmental Services".  WTF is that? 

One of JimBob's many shell corporations?

The Duggars suck more and more by the day. Keep your Covid-spreading selves at home and donate money to actual charity if you want to help people. Or better, start by wearing masks and getting vaccinated, AND encouraging all your leghumpers to do the same. 

ETA: Excepting Jill, who is vaccinated and seems to have started developing her brain since leaving and cleaving.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 15

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic