Jump to content
IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 42: Managing without TLC


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

@indianabones I hear you on the buying stuff for a new house. I'm not dating and may never get married: can I create a registry for My First Adventure in Homeownership? It's not the dishes/pots/pans/vases/towels I need, though: it's the rakes and ladders and shovels and stove hood and new furnace.

(But if someone wanted to buy me a KitchenAid mixer, I wouldn't object....)

  • Upvote 20
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My advice is to let friend and family know of your lack of tools. That's what I did, and on my first birthday after I bought my house (not in cash), my brother and his family gave me a chainsaw as a birthday present. 

I don't enjoy yard work, but I do enjoy telling the family that I spent time using my birthday chainsaw.  😁

  • Upvote 8
  • Love 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A friend of a friend bought me one of those apple peeler/slicer/corer gadgets for my grad school graduation. I still text him every time I use it over 8 years later, and that is the only time I do because we weren't super close. I just like him to know how much easier it makes my baking season.

  • Upvote 12
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2021 at 7:45 AM, Jigsaw3 said:

@indianabones I hear you on the buying stuff for a new house. I'm not dating and may never get married: can I create a registry for My First Adventure in Homeownership? It's not the dishes/pots/pans/vases/towels I need, though: it's the rakes and ladders and shovels and stove hood and new furnace.

(But if someone wanted to buy me a KitchenAid mixer, I wouldn't object....)

I just got a (barely) used KitchenAid mixer for $100 yesterday!

The Duggars would be so proud of me.

  • Upvote 26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, indianabones said:

I just got a (barely) used KitchenAid mixer for $100 yesterday!

The Duggars would be so proud of me.

And Jill Rodrigues would be so jealous!

  • Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got one about two years ago used, in great condition, for $75, because I overcame my extreme anxiety of the phone and called the gal. She said in her ad that she was taking calls only, and I was the first.

When I got to her house, I told her how I never call people,not even friends, because of my silly anxiety. She laughed and said she was the same way. She’d deliberately spelled out that she’d only sell to a caller, not someone responding via messaging, because she wanted it to go to someone who really wanted it.

Its an older one but it’s in amazing condition. She’d really taken good care of it.

  • Upvote 18
  • Love 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a keurig for $2 at a rummage sale. Works perfectly. I also got reusable pods so I don't add to the landfill. Do I win?

  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I got a keurig for $2 at a rummage sale. Works perfectly. I also got reusable pods so I don't add to the landfill. Do I win?

I think Jim Bob would be very proud!

Well, at the "buy used, save the difference" part anyways...

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

COVID is surging in Arkansas. Here's an article about it. I wonder how the Duggars are faring since most of them live in Arkansas.

From the article I linked

Quote

Arkansas, among the states hardest-hit by a new wave of coronavirus cases linked to the highly contagious delta variant, says it is down to eight unoccupied ICU beds statewide with which to care for COVID-19 patients.

 

  • WTF 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

COVID is surging in Arkansas. Here's an article about it. I wonder how the Duggars are faring since most of them live in Arkansas.

From the article I linked

 

I stream a classic rock station from Little Rock, AR daily while working from home and they are constantly running PSAs telling Arkansans to PLEASE get vaccinated.  The DJ during the afternoon drive-time period, who unfortunately got COVID before the vaccines came out, is extremely pro-vaccination and wasted no time getting it upon eligibility.  Hopefully non-vaccinated Arkansans will finally begin to listen. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Their buddy, Governor Asa Hutchinson, has belatedly realized that it would actually be quite a good idea for people to wear masks and get vaccinated. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/asa-hutchinson-arkansas-governor-mask-law-face-the-nation/

And now he feels like a chump signing the anti-mask mandate into law and wishes he could turn back the clock.    

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Medic corps are off to Haiti. It doesn’t say if any of the Duggars or Bates are going but if unvaccinated maske refusers think it’s a good idea to go there for a photo op, then they need calling out. They’d be better raising funds for the Red Cross or Medecins sans Frontieres.

  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Medic corps are off to Haiti. It doesn’t say if any of the Duggars or Bates are going but if unvaccinated maske refusers think it’s a good idea to go there for a photo op, then they need calling out. They’d be better raising funds for the Red Cross or Medecins sans Frontieres.

They would be better and doing more good doing literally anything else. Staying at home and sleeping might actually be of more good. 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LacyMay said:

They would be better and doing more good doing literally anything else. Staying at home and sleeping might actually be of more good.

Given how bad COVID is in AR definitely they should be staying at home. 

  • Upvote 21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Medic corps are off to Haiti. It doesn’t say if any of the Duggars or Bates are going but if unvaccinated maske refusers think it’s a good idea to go there for a photo op, then they need calling out. They’d be better raising funds for the Red Cross or Medecins sans Frontieres.

Lawson Bates' adoring boo, Tiffany, says he's gone to Haiti. Strutting around with his gun and using his fluent homeschool French, certainement.

By the way, here are JD's and Nathan Bates bios on the site: https://mediccorps.org/who-we-are-2/

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Lawson Bates' adoring boo, Tiffany, says he's gone to Haiti. Strutting around with his gun and using his fluent homeschool French, certainement.

By the way, here are JD's and Nathan Bates bios on the site: https://mediccorps.org/who-we-are-2/

How in the hell did they get doctors to join the Medic Corps team.

  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

How in the hell did they get doctors to join the Medic Corps team.

I was asking myself the same question. But somehow we have nurses who refuse to get the COVID vaccine so Drs joining this vanity project seems no less ridiculous. I guess we just accept that their are idiots in every profession. 

  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SPHASH said:

How in the hell did they get doctors to join the Medic Corps team.

The Head Dr is an osteopath but also does emergency room care? I'm confused as he doesn't seem to have an actual MD 

The two women with MDs are of course lower on the totem pole. One isn't even titled Dr in the headline! 🙄

I don't know anything about the American health care system. How can you be "Board certified in emergency medicine" and not have an MD?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

The Head Dr is an osteopath but also does emergency room care? I'm confused as he doesn't seem to have an actual MD 

The two women with MDs are of course lower on the totem pole. One isn't even titled Dr in the headline! 🙄

I don't know anything about the American health care system. How can you be "Board certified in emergency medicine" and not have an MD?

OD’s are full fledged doctors who can be board certified. Their training is on a parellel path to the MD.

  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SPHASH said:

How in the hell did they get doctors to join the Medic Corps team.

Considering one of them lists missions as something she loves to do and that she was saved at 7 in her bio, I'm guessing that they are all uber Christian and want to be associated with the "right" kind of medical mission.  I also see that JD is listed as "CEO of Natural State Environmental Services".  WTF is that? 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

OD’s are full fledged doctors who can be board certified. Their training is on a parellel path to the MD.

So interesting! It seems to be an American certification thing. Good to know they're not only learning non-invasive massage with no drugs (ie actual osteopathy).

We don't have any DO programs in Canada but apparently we certify doctors with American DO degrees.

37 minutes ago, JMO said:

Considering one of them lists missions as something she loves to do and that she was saved at 7 in her bio, I'm guessing that they are all uber Christian and want to be associated with the "right" kind of medical mission.  I also see that JD is listed as "CEO of Natural State Environmental Services".  WTF is that? 

I was wondering about the Environmental Services thing too. Septic pumping is my random guess.

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JMO said:

  I also see that JD is listed as "CEO of Natural State Environmental Services".  WTF is that? 

One of JimBob's many shell corporations?

The Duggars suck more and more by the day. Keep your Covid-spreading selves at home and donate money to actual charity if you want to help people. Or better, start by wearing masks and getting vaccinated, AND encouraging all your leghumpers to do the same. 

ETA: Excepting Jill, who is vaccinated and seems to have started developing her brain since leaving and cleaving.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Trending Content

  • Recent Status Updates

    • 47of74

      47of74

      I don’t think that came out the way you intended dude. 

      · 0 replies
    • livinginthelight

      livinginthelight

      So..my son is getting married at the beginning of March and I tried on dresses today. I need to lose weight. I'm about 60-70 pounds overweight and I absolutely have to. I'm not one to post statuses but I'm doing everything I can to hold myself accountable. I'm sitting here wanting to stuff my face and I know this isn't the answer. I can do this. I will be okay. I'm going to make myself check in regularly. Whether or not anyone sees this, I am going to be posting.
      · 4 replies
    • PennySycamore

      PennySycamore

      Is anyone here from Moore County, NC?  I hope they catch the domestic terrorists that shot up the power substations.  All to stop a drag show!  Throw the fuckers in jail.
      · 1 reply
    • VooDooChild

      VooDooChild

      Today, I dusted everything but the ceiling fans.  Sorry Maxwells!
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      · 2 replies
    • Maggie Mae

      Maggie Mae

      What do people do in the Sonoran desert? I've hiked the hikes I wanted to do. Seems like all that is left is golf, shopping at chains that exist everywhere, and stuff I've done. Oh and eating. I can only eat so many times a day. It's too cold to rent a paddleboard or swim. 
      · 7 replies
    • KnittingOwl

      KnittingOwl

      First snow storm of the season hit today. It got windy tonight, and we lost power. Somehow this continues to be a shock to PSE. Why they refuse to upgrade the infrastructure or do something so that 10s of thousands of people don’t lose power and heat literally every time it’s windy, I do not understand. We live in the Pacific Northwest. It gets windy!
      · 3 replies
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      Nebraska's new football coach is an evangelical bullshit artist who participates in "Man Up Ministries" conferences in the off season. Their motto is "Fighting for Biblical Manhood". Excuse me while I go vomit. 
      · 2 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Don't know I'd charge quite that much though.
       

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Wisconsin’s first thanksgiving 

      · 0 replies
    • mango_fandango

      mango_fandango

      Long time no visit…
      COVID has finally caught up with me. Dad tested positive first, last Friday, then my mother, brother and I all tested positive today. Main symptom is feeling really really tired. Hopefully it doesn’t get much worse 🤞 
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.