IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 42: Managing without TLC

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

One small quibble - Joe and Kendra built the new house. The Duggars have owned the property since 2014, and Joe and Kendra bought it in 2018. (The family business had bought it for $57,000, and Joe and Kendra paid $5000.) The house was completed in 2020, so not long before the Caldwells moved in. It looks prefab and boring, and 1500 sq ft isn't very big, so it's definitely not Joe and Kendra's dream home. (And it's way too small for a family with nine kids ranging from adult to infant.) They might have rushed the construction after they needed a home for the Caldwells.

Thanks for the clarification. I live in the land of overpriced hell, so a very large household  in 1,500 sq ft wouldn’t be that unusual - but it’s more often a bunch of people sharing, two families, multi-generational etc… 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

It just goes to show how dangerous hitching your cart to the Duggar horse can be. 
Having said that, if you’re going to bring 9 children into the world, you should have some plan for a place to live other than relying on the benevolence of your son in law’s family. 

Yep, this is definitely true. Especially since the Caldwells' youngest two children were born after Kendra and Joe got married. Their second youngest was born after Garrett and the youngest was born 3 months after Kendra's youngest. If anything, they seems the last two kids seems closer in age than many of the kids before them. I get the feeling Mrs. Caldwell is like Jill R; she'd rather have young children of her own than grandbabies.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

One small quibble - Joe and Kendra built the new house. The Duggars have owned the property since 2014, and Joe and Kendra bought it in 2018. (The family business had bought it for $57,000, and Joe and Kendra paid $5000.) The house was completed in 2020, so not long before the Caldwells moved in. It looks prefab and boring, and 1500 sq ft isn't very big, so it's definitely not Joe and Kendra's dream home. (And it's way too small for a family with nine kids ranging from adult to infant.) They might have rushed the construction after they needed a home for the Caldwells.

Is this the home that was filmed during the Caldwell’s latest gender reveal? If so, that home looked larger than 1500 sq ft. It had a large kitchen, living area, several bedrooms downstairs and a full upstairs, which might have been a loft? Maybe that was a later project? 

• I Agree 2

15 hours ago, SassyPants said:

What do you bet JB owned(s) the Caldwells’ former residence (Jed’s place now)? How big is the house? 

Yes, Boob owns that house. It sits on the Champion Motorcars car lot. I'm not sure how large it is.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Following a thread on Reddit that was talking about the Mackenzye (spelling?) possible wedding in like 7 years and the following thought that in 7y and 9m Jb and M could probably be great grandparent, who do you think will walk down the M kids to the altar? Jb or Pa Keller? And then who will become the patriarch of the family? Who will inherit the Tth? If Jb will want to go forage it should be Jd, but sure it will be too big for him, Abbie Gracie, and eventually other kids they may have by that time. If he goes by the biggest family at the moment it will go to Joe and Kendra, other ways if Boob follows sympathy or the kid he sees as the one more like him it could be Jed. I don't think they will keep living there for many other years, it starts to be a big house now that most of the kids have moved out, yes they still have 10 if I didn't miscount at home but the youngest is 11 right? Plus if the rumors are right there may be at least another wedding soonish (either Jana and Stephen or Jer and Hannah). Sooner or later Jb will have to pass the autority, the protection ☂️ to someone else and I don't think it will be one of the inlaws it will have to be one of his sons but who? 🧐🤔

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1

I wonder about them passing that house down too. On the other hand I wonder if they’ll keep it for awhile because A it must be nice to be able to spread out in and B even if you only have two kids and spouses  come over and between them they each have four kids that is ten extra people and that’s hard to absorb in an average size house.. We’ve talked about downsizing and we only have six kids but if they all get married and all have two kids that’s still 24 people to house when they come over... 

• Upvote 2

I fully expect JB and M will stay in the big house forever, but either Anna will get the run of the house as her reward for staying married to Josh, or one of the adults boys will move in with wife/kids. I had assumed that would be Joe and Kendra before whatever falling out happened over COVID restrictions. Now I’d say whichever howler has the most kids back-to-back might get it. Regardless, it will always be the family gathering place.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

JB & M took the youngest 6 on a family trip to South Dakota. Wonder why they turned off comments??

Hide contents

C17D8B2B-3527-44EA-A1D8-B623502E6D55.thumb.png.c8f8be9f5dcc975ccb1900078c1eecc6.png

Hide contents

l

lord this is almost as bad as dry humping on the mini golf course. would have been hilarious to be on the fly on the wall as she tried to modestly get up there in a skirt. Personally if I was in a skirt i wold have given that photo op a big nahhh

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 6

The Bontrager Family Camp really is the gift that keeps on giving.

ETA: I went on their Insta and didn't see that photo anywhere. Did they already take it down?

Edited by LanaBanana
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Oh God, I can almost see her knee..it's only *partially* covered by her hand. I'm THOROUGHLY defrauded! 

omg i missed that, she didn't though and that's why her hand is there.... 

Imagine how your mind has to tick to even have that be a thought..."oh I must cover my knee' It may have been for balance but I am leaning more towards modesty. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bontragers posted pics of family camp. I’m surprised they posted this one since Jer and Hannah are standing so close. 

BC353DA0-267A-4BD8-A792-2B9CB40620F0.jpeg

siblings or dating? they look so similar in this pic...

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, LanaBanana said:

The Bontrager Family Camp really is the gift that keeps on giving.

ETA: I went on their Insta and didn't see that photo anywhere. Did they already take it down?

Yes, they already took it down. Glad I got a pic before they did. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5

Per IG, JB and M plus the six youngest kids are doing a western area National Parks vacation tour. I truly wonder if either JB or M ever seriously reflects on how much different (I’d say better and more healthy ) their entire lives would have been, if they had only had a manageable number of children. In the photos posted, everyone looks happy and like they are having a good time. 

• Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Logan and Susanna are back there together. Another fundie couple that hasn’t made it social media official. 

susanna , Anna's sister? I didnt even know they split?

24 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

susanna , Anna's sister? I didnt even know they split?

No, Susanna Wissmann and Logan Smith. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

They do look happy, genuinely, and it must be nice for them to have a seemingly normal vacation. I will admit it took me way to long to figure out why one of them looked so un-duggar, then I realized it way Tyler lol. 

• Upvote 4

On 9/27/2021 at 3:49 PM, SassyPants said:

Per IG, JB and M plus the six youngest kids are doing a western area National Parks vacation tour. I truly wonder if either JB or M ever seriously reflects on how much different (I’d say better and more healthy ) their entire lives would have been, if they had only had a manageable number of children. In the photos posted, everyone looks happy and like they are having a good time. 

I don't have Instagram so I must ask, which parks? Just want to make sure they're not in my backyard. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I don't have Instagram so I must ask, which parks? Just want to make sure they're not in my backyard. 

There was a picture of them at Yellowstone. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic