IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 42: Managing without TLC

Coconut Flan

That’s the thing about IFB churches. They can basically do whatever. So there can be differences amongst the churches but they are all still IFB.

• Upvote 4

I remember seeing pictures of Gracie’s baby dedication at a church that was different from everyone else in the family. Can’t find the pictures now.

• Upvote 4

Calvinism is not mutually exclusive from being Baptist. Baptist is a broad branch of a Christianity, and not a single denomination. There are Baptist churches with Calvinist theology, both as part of a formal denomination (Reformed Baptists) and independent congregations. Grace Community Church (Jinger/Jeremy) is non-denominational with Calvinist theology, and they practice believer’s baptism (vs infant baptism). The don’t affiliate with a formal denominator, but they are arguably Baptist, or at least descendant from the Baptist branch of Protestantism. I don’t know as much about the church Jessa/Ben attend, but it is presumably the same.

There are also non-Baptist churches that teach Calvinist theology, like the Presbyterian church. The follow Calvinist teachings, but practice infant baptism and have a more formal governance structure that any of the Baptist branches.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7

Pickles was going on about the Caldwells taking over Joe and Kendra’s home - apologies if I missed it on FJ- but are they in financial difficulties?

13 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Pickles was going on about the Caldwells taking over Joe and Kendra’s home - apologies if I missed it on FJ- but are they in financial difficulties?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were…8 kids still at home and Lighthouse is still being supported by their sending church in VA. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I remember seeing pictures of Gracie’s baby dedication at a church that was different from everyone else in the family. Can’t find the pictures now.

Quoting myself. I found John and Abbie’s church, First Baptist Church Centerton. There was a little discussion in their thread that this was SBC not IFB.

• Upvote 5

For all the rigid, religious BS and other ridiculous, legalistic crap he foisted on his kids, I’m shocked that he hasn’t  flipped a bitch over so many of his blessing seemingly leaving his exact religious fold-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

For all the rigid, religious BS and other ridiculous, legalistic crap he foisted on his kids, I’m shocked that he hasn’t  flipped a bitch over so many of his blessing seemingly leaving his exact religious fold-

Give it time. While he needed a united front to present an image to attract TV viewers and speaking engagements, JB was probably prepared to overlook a lot. As long as his kids were church going, pro life Republicans who didn’t publicly diss him, he was OK. Jill and Derick tipped the balance by going public on their rejection of TLC and they were out.

Now the dynamic has changed. TLC has gone (for now) and if it comes back it’s unlikely JB will be calling the shots. JB has to deal with the fact that the public are about to find out about their appalling son and how his behaviour has gone unchecked, we already know he didn’t remunerate his kids properly while lining his own pockets.

Some of the adult kids use the Duggar fame for endorsements - but they increasingly are building their own image. As they rely less on JB we may see more of a chasm in the family. The thing is, it’s entirely normal for grown children to find their own path in life- most parents welcome it or at least respect it. JB is such a money grabbing control freak I think he finds it hard to accept.

My hope is that the women who were Josh’s victims finally see the truth- their parents threw their well being and safety under the bus - Jill seems to be on the path to understanding  and dealing this and hopefully the others get the support they need.

• Upvote 24
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were…8 kids still at home and Lighthouse is still being supported by their sending church in VA. 

Daddy and mommy Caldwell give me Arndt-parents vibes. Creepy as fuck.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Did I miss something? Where are Joe and Kendra going to live? Wasn't Joe and Kendra's house on the Duggar compound? That sounds super awkward (and a too small house) for the Caldwells.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pupper said:

Did I miss something? Where are Joe and Kendra going to live? Wasn't Joe and Kendra's house on the Duggar compound? That sounds super awkward (and a too small house) for the Caldwells.

Evidently, J and  K own 2 homes. The Caldwells are rumored to live in the larger, newer home. J and K live in the log cabin that at one time belonged to GMM(I think). This home is adjacent to the THH. I don’t know where the newer, larger home is located. I wish I understood JB’s system for giving out homes and properties. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s the thing about IFB churches. They can basically do whatever. So there can be differences amongst the churches but they are all still IFB.

Yes- I currently attend an IFB church but it is not IFBx. The IFBx churches I grew up in would have nothing nice to say about my current church or allow their members to associate. They have drums and CCM in the service, use several different versions of the Bible, pants on women, shorts on men, long hair on men, vibrantly colored hair, dress up for Halloween, drink (in moderation), dance, have swim parties for the entire teen group (not segregated by gender), only have 1 weekly service, associate with churches of different denominations, etc. But technically neither is part of the Southern Baptist Convention (independent), they believe the fundamentals of the faith (fundamental) and they are baptistic in theology (Baptist).

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 7

4 hours ago, pupper said:

Someone posted pictures on Reddit that made it clear that Jed and Katey are now living in the Caldwells' former home (they took screenshots of the kitchen from their baby announcement video and matched them to pictures the Caldwells had posted on Instagram.)

WOACB gets most of her information from here and Reddit so whatever she's going on about now is probably due to that.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Someone posted pictures on Reddit that made it clear that Jed and Katey are now living in the Caldwells' former home (they took screenshots of the kitchen from their baby announcement video and matched them to pictures the Caldwells had posted on Instagram.)

So the Caldwells are in Joe and Kendra's 2nd home and Jed and Katey are in their old home? 

So The Caldwells  are 40 or near such, with 8 children at home, but don’t own their own home? Not to be a BEC, but these are folks who vocally proclaim their way as being better than others, and vote accordingly. How can Kendra, who if reports are true has had to keep her parents and sibs out of homelessness, be blind to their way not being THE WAY?  And how can their lifestyle be responsible? And Republican, bootstraps, yada, yada, yada…

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Evidently, J and  K own 2 homes. The Caldwells are rumored to live in the larger, newer home. J and K live in the log cabin that at one time belonged to GMM(I think). This home is adjacent to the THH. I don’t know where the newer, larger home is located. I wish I understood JB’s system for giving out homes and properties. 

It sounds like the Caldwells are in financial trouble after the loss of the Duggars’ tithe and other giving during the pandemic, so they sold (or otherwise gave up) their house, and moved into Joe and Kendra’s new house, possibly before Joe and Kendra ever lived there. The new house is a few miles west of the TTH. Property records say it was completed in 2020 and is 1540 square feet. Since Jed and Katey are in the log cabin, Joe and Kendra must be elsewhere, but I can’t find any other properties that they own. Before Jed and Katey were married, the Sun (a sketchy UK tabloid) reported that Jed’s address on a business license was a house that JB&M had recently bought, presumably for Jed and Katey. It hasn’t been transferred to them, but that could be for tax reasons. Or perhaps Joe and Kendra got that house in the reshuffle (but not as the owners). 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It sounds like the Caldwells are in financial trouble after the loss of the Duggars’ tithe and other giving during the pandemic, so they sold (or otherwise gave up) their house, and moved into Joe and Kendra’s new house, possibly before Joe and Kendra ever lived there. The new house is a few miles west of the TTH. Property records say it was completed in 2020 and is 1540 square feet. Since Jed and Katey are in the log cabin, Joe and Kendra must be elsewhere, but I can’t find any other properties that they own. Before Jed and Katey were married, the Sun (a sketchy UK tabloid) reported that Jed’s address on a business license was a house that JB&M had recently bought, presumably for Jed and Katey. It hasn’t been transferred to them, but that could be for tax reasons. Or perhaps Joe and Kendra got that house in the reshuffle (but not as the owners). 

The way that comment was written, it was unclear to me if J and Katey were living in Joe’s old house, or the Caldwells’ old house. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Sajdeb said:

Daddy and mommy Caldwell give me Arndt-parents vibes. Creepy as fuck.

The Caldwells seem nothing like the Arndts. They have 9 children and the oldest child (Kendra) is married. Most of the other children are minors, except for the oldest two at home. They're not former Catholics like the Ardnts and there's not much of comparison imo.

A better comparison for the Caldwells would be the Bates or Rods. The Caldwells are very conspiracy heavy and against things like vaccines. They're seem self-involved. And if the rumors are true, they're grifting off Kendra and Joe.  They certainly seemed eager to ride the Duggars' coattails while the Duggars were seen in a better light.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Since Jed and Katey are in the log cabin, Joe and Kendra must be elsewhere, but I can’t find any other properties that they own.

Jed and Katey aren't living in the log cabin, they're living in the house that Paul and Christina were living in as of February 2020. Looks like they moved out in March (judging by their Instagram photos), which lines up with what people have been saying about the Duggars and the Caldwells having a falling out when covid hit and Paul and Christina having to move out of the house that Jim Bob owned- which Jed and Katey are now living in.

Here's the link to the Reddit post.

• Thank You 11

That must make for some awkward family get together. I really don’t envy Kendra and Joe. They always seemed closer to her family (classic case of the Duggarling finally getting individual attention) but JB is where the money (housing etc) is at. 

• Upvote 8
  • Bless Your Heart 1

It just goes to show how dangerous hitching your cart to the Duggar horse can be. 
Having said that, if you’re going to bring 9 children into the world, you should have some plan for a place to live other than relying on the benevolence of your son in law’s family. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, indianabones said:

Jed and Katey aren't living in the log cabin, they're living in the house that Paul and Christina were living in as of February 2020. Looks like they moved out in March (judging by their Instagram photos), which lines up with what people have been saying about the Duggars and the Caldwells having a falling out when covid hit and Paul and Christina having to move out of the house that Jim Bob owned- which Jed and Katey are now living in.

Here's the link to the Reddit post.

Thanks, I was confused by an earlier post. My guess is that JB avoided being pressured to give money to the church by offering his pastor free housing instead. That meant that when the Duggars left their church, the Caldwells had to leave their house. Presumably they didn’t have housing in their budget, so Joe and Kendra stepped up with their new house. I wonder how long the situation will last.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

What do you bet JB owned(s) the Caldwells’ former residence (Jed’s place now)? How big is the house? 

He did. The Caldwells were living in a house owned by JB. Maybe paying rent, maybe for free. There was a falling out over Covid (or who knows what else) and in-person church attendance. The Caldwells moved into a house that had been purchased by Joe and Kendra. Jed and Katey moved into the home the Caldwells had been living in. As someone mentioned above, the new home they are living in is around 1,500 sq feet, so probably 3 or 4 bedrooms.

It is of course possible that these were all just practical considerations agreed on by everyone —- Joe and Kendra bought a house, but then decided they’d rather stay in the cabin and expand as needed ( more help with the kids when they realized just how fast the babies were coming? ), more flexibility? Wanted the second home as an investment/rental income and worked with her parents needing /wanting a home. Jed and Katey got married and a small home was fine, Caldwells having a new baby while older daughters engagement being broken off meant a bigger spot would be better…..etc…

But with the change in churches by the Duggar’s it sure looks more like it was around family drama. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

He did. The Caldwells were living in a house owned by JB. Maybe paying rent, maybe for free. There was a falling out over Covid (or who knows what else) and in-person church attendance. The Caldwells moved into a house that had been purchased by Joe and Kendra. Jed and Katey moved into the home the Caldwells had been living in. As someone mentioned above, the new home they are living in is around 1,500 sq feet, so probably 3 or 4 bedrooms.

It is of course possible that these were all just practical considerations agreed on by everyone —- Joe and Kendra bought a house, but then decided they’d rather stay in the cabin and expand as needed ( more help with the kids when they realized just how fast the babies were coming? ), more flexibility? Wanted the second home as an investment/rental income and worked with her parents needing /wanting a home. Jed and Katey got married and a small home was fine, Caldwells having a new baby while older daughters engagement being broken off meant a bigger spot would be better…..etc…

But with the change in churches by the Duggar’s it sure looks more like it was around family drama. 

One small quibble - Joe and Kendra built the new house. The Duggars have owned the property since 2014, and Joe and Kendra bought it in 2018. (The family business had bought it for $57,000, and Joe and Kendra paid $5000.) The house was completed in 2020, so not long before the Caldwells moved in. It looks prefab and boring, and 1500 sq ft isn't very big, so it's definitely not Joe and Kendra's dream home. (And it's way too small for a family with nine kids ranging from adult to infant.) They might have rushed the construction after they needed a home for the Caldwells.

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic