IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

On 11/29/2021 at 11:03 PM, Melissa1977 said:

She said it in a video. Too noisy, too DIRTY.

She and Alyssa were quiet and shared a room because of that.

I find it hard to believe that all the other kids  were OK with a house full of noise, clutter and dirt. Michaela, for example. Did she really want to grow up in noisy chaos? I've never really believed that Alyssa and Josie were the only ones who wanted order. 

• I Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

I find it hard to believe that all the other kids  were OK with a house full of noise, clutter and dirt. Michaela, for example. Did she really want to grow up in noisy chaos? I've never really believed that Alyssa and Josie were the only ones who wanted order. 

And Erin? The perfect Erin? I’m not seeing her digging noise, chaos and filth either. Now loud Carlin, she probably aided and abetted in the 3 ring circus.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And Erin? The perfect Erin? I’m not seeing her digging noise, chaos and filth either. Now loud Carlin, she probably aided and abetted in the 3 ring circus.

Tori was definitely part of the noise and chaos. Erin was probably banging on the piano the whole time, so she was part of it too. I feel like I read somewhere that Erin had fewer chores because she was always practicing.

• Upvote 6

On 12/14/2021 at 10:27 PM, Tdoc72 said:

Also Addillee (however she spells it with the As, Ls, and Es) is always with them too. But where are Callie and Ellie?  Why don’t they ever get to go?

Ellie is chaperoning Trace. Callie is still pretty little, right? Like 12-13?

9 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Ellie is chaperoning Trace. Callie is still pretty little, right? Like 12-13?

Totally Bridegeton ! Addelle gets to go on fun stuff...Ellie is getting there so far to chaperone and babysitting. Callie is too young like 12 so we dont see her ever anywhere. So only the older girls get to have fun.. no enrichment activities or fun outings for littles! Alyssa is following Kelley style and when the girls are teens she would love to hang out with them.  Sierra jo is one fundie i see totally involved lugging her brood and actually participating and enjoying with her young ones ! Carlin and Josie seem to be more involved right now too but then they have far less kids...time will tell !

• Upvote 3

Just peeked at Josie's Insta and the picture of Hazel in the Santa hat laying in the basket--she looks just like Bradley Bates. I think it's the first time I've noticed kids from G3 looking similar

3 hours ago, artdecades said:

Kelton got Josie a fridge for Christmas. What every woman dreams of, appliances. 

I got a fridge two years ago and was thrilled. Our old fridge was small and poorly spaced. 

• Upvote 12

6 hours ago, artdecades said:

Kelton got Josie a fridge for Christmas. What every woman dreams of, appliances. 

I don’t know, she looked pretty excited about it in her stories. I know if my husband replaced our dryer and gas stove for Christmas I’d be thrilled. Those were the first things I wanted changed in our house when we moved in and they still haven’t been replaced. 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I don’t know, she looked pretty excited about it in her stories. I know if my husband replaced our dryer and gas stove for Christmas I’d be thrilled. Those were the first things I wanted changed in our house when we moved in and they still haven’t been replaced. 

Does your husband read here?  Maybe you should call him over the 'show' him some post and accidentally stop your scroll here.

• Haha 3
  • Love 2

On 12/16/2021 at 4:47 PM, Fundielandobserver said:

Sierra Jo is one fundie I see totally involved lugging her brood and actually participating and enjoying with her young ones !

Sierra is a bit out there, but seems to enjoy her kids. Gotta give her credit for her home potty business. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Yeah, she seems genuinely thrilled, noting that their current fridge leaks and doesn't have an ice maker or anything and it's something they've been wanting to replace for two years.

@artdecadesThink how many times a day Josie likely opens and uses the fridge. This isn't a vacuum type gift, this is a 'she'll enjoy it every time she grabs a glass of water' type gift. I also get the impression that she'll have other stuff from him on Christmas morning.

• Upvote 11

Years ago my husband and I stopped exchanging gifts for anything (holidays, anniversary, birthdays). Aside from children, babies and weddings, I wish gift giving among adults would just go away. I am not against giving to someone in need, but for the balance? We had wanted to start the tradition of going on a trip with our grown kids and their families, but Covid….

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I’m extremely practical so I would love a new fridge for Christmas if the old was one leaking all over. My husband and I don’t exchange gifts for Xmas. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Yeah, she seems genuinely thrilled, noting that their current fridge leaks and doesn't have an ice maker or anything and it's something they've been wanting to replace for two years.

@artdecadesThink how many times a day Josie likely opens and uses the fridge. This isn't a vacuum type gift, this is a 'she'll enjoy it every time she grabs a glass of water' type gift. I also get the impression that she'll have other stuff from him on Christmas morning.

But the same logic goes for kelton. It’s not a gift for her. It’s a gift for the family that he alone selected and told was for her. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Well this year Santa brought the grown-ups here pipes, and not the fun kind either. We had a massive leak yesterday and the plumber couldn't come until xmas eve. Praise be mr. fluffer figured out how to do it. With the kids and their s/o's visiting waiting was not an option. I would've prefered a book or some earrings or something but pipes it is! 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 7

15 hours ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

Gotta give her credit for her home potty business. 

?????

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

?????

Sierra has a pottery business so it's a typo. Gave me a good chuckle, maybe she will branch out into pottery potties for the fundie set. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I got a fridge two years ago and was thrilled. Our old fridge was small and poorly spaced. 

After some years of marriage,  when the kids were little and I was a shame, we decided to forgo presents for each other and buy a new dish washer.  It happens and as long as the kids were nice and spoiled,  we were happy.  No, it's not romantic but it's nice in it's own way.

Not sure if it's a cute/young family/the struggle is real, or it's something else.  With the show they must be able to buy a fridge, right?  🤔

• Upvote 1

At my sister's wedding they did a balloon release because throwing rice after the ceremony was bad for the birds, so they did the release instead.  Really substituting one bad thing for another.

Frequently see balloons in the trees, on the local roads and stuck in the farm fields around here.   And have picked up a few.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Sheltie said:

We went to Gatlinburg last weekend.  While driving through Knoxville we saw a billboard for Kelton’s plumbing business.  

It’s good he is willing to work for a living.

• Upvote 8

While they hold hateful beliefs, for the most part the husbands of the Bates girls do have well paying trades whereby they can support their families.  The Bates sons, not so much, same with the Duggar boys.

• Upvote 11

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic