IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

My second was a cat napper during the day and it drove me nuts. I remember when he would take 6 short naps a day. He was like 3 months old and I was like, ok I need to get him to 5 naps a day 😂

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

To everyone going through a difficult sleeping phase with their kids(s) I wish you patience and hope this phase will pass soon.

I stopped taking naps during the day when I turned one year old. This was not fun for my mom 😉

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I was a 70's- 80's kid. My mom was a sahm and she always did her chores in the morning so she could watch "her stories" while I was napping. When I outgrew naps, I was allowed to be in the living room only if I was quiet. She would let me 1/2 cup of coffee with cream, in a Corelle mug of course, the one with the gold motif running around the edge, just like her. I loved that time so much, and it cracks me up to think of a pre-schooler drinking coffee and watching soaps. So retro. 🤣 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 15
  • Love 6

I was actually really glad when my kids gave up their nap around age 2.5. I was so tired of trying for a good 45 minutes to get them to sleep. They were really fighting naps by then. It just seemed like a waste of time trying to get them to sleep. Plus I hated having to always plan around nap time. We could only do things in the mornings because after lunch, it was nap time. Another perk was getting them to bed earlier when they gave up naps. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

It took a while for my 14 month old to sleep through the night. This past time change was really hard. When he got up at 4 am I tried to convince him that he wanted to go back to sleep. He laughed and threw his pacifier at me.

• Haha 16
  • Love 4

On 11/15/2021 at 2:09 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was actually really glad when my kids gave up their nap around age 2.5. I was so tired of trying for a good 45 minutes to get them to sleep. They were really fighting naps by then. It just seemed like a waste of time trying to get them to sleep. Plus I hated having to always plan around nap time. We could only do things in the mornings because after lunch, it was nap time. Another perk was getting them to bed earlier when they gave up naps. 

Just read that as "... around age 25" and thought WHAT??!!:mindblowing:  Bad eyesight sucks - but it does let you read some funny things now and again. :AOK: :cracking-up:

• Haha 5

On 11/2/2021 at 10:01 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My youngest woke up every 1-2 hours until he was almost 2. I was sleep deprived times a million. Therefore my kid didn’t sleep through the night until he was a toddler. That sucked. 

Oh wow! That is harsh. My youngest was like that but only about a year and she was 14 weeks early so she was really still a fetus for part of that. My oldest was an angel- down at 11, up at 5:30 from 3 months.

I am surprise you had the energy or desire to try for your youngest after that!

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Oh wow! That is harsh. My youngest was like that but only about a year and she was 14 weeks early so she was really still a fetus for part of that. My oldest was an angel- down at 11, up at 5:30 from 3 months.

I am surprise you had the energy or desire to try for your youngest after that!

Oh no he is my youngest. If he had been born first, he may have been an only child. My first wasn’t an amazing sleeper. But he was better than my youngest. 

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh no he is my youngest. If he had been born first, he may have been an only child. My first wasn’t an amazing sleeper. But he was better than my youngest. 

Sorry! I misread that as "youngster"! I feel the same about the youngest. I was really ready to put her on eBay at some points :P

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

I saw a meme where one mom was talking about selling the kids on ebay and her friend replied, "no, you made them. Sell them on etsy."

• Haha 27

On 11/12/2021 at 8:34 PM, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

As someone with an 11 week old who wakes up with reflux (we just got meds! Yay!) I'm glad this thread isn't ppl bragging about how their 8 week old sleeps 8 hr straight or whatever. If you have that baby, great, but please shut up about it to us sleep-deprived parents! 😂

Mine had terrible reflux too. Meds only sort of helped. She also had constant diarrhea. From one mom to another, if the meds don’t help insist on a referral to an allergist. Mine seized just before she turned 6 months from dehydration and during our hospital stay was diagnosed with FPIES, switched to Puramino and the reflux stopped. Sometimes it’s just reflux and sometimes it’s allergies. Hugs and prayers; you will get through this! Baby Oxy spray helps take the stains caused from vomiting out of clothes without damaging the outfits . 

• Thank You 1
  • Love 4

9 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Mine had terrible reflux too. Meds only sort of helped. She also had constant diarrhea. From one mom to another, if the meds don’t help insist on a referral to an allergist. Mine seized just before she turned 6 months from dehydration and during our hospital stay was diagnosed with FPIES, switched to Puramino and the reflux stopped. Sometimes it’s just reflux and sometimes it’s allergies. Hugs and prayers; you will get through this! Baby Oxy spray helps take the stains caused from vomiting out of clothes without damaging the outfits . 

Yes! My son had really bad reflux and it turned out to be a milk protein allergy. We didn't realized this until he started developing a rash and wheezing. We switch to a hydrolyzed formula and he got much better. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/20/2021 at 10:57 PM, Expectopatronus said:

Thanks! So far Prevacid seems hit or miss. We have nights with 4+ hr stretches and nights with 90 min stretches. I'm trying to eat dairy free (I breastfeed) but it's too soon to tell if it's working.

So we just go to bed every night as early as possible and hope!

• Love 4

On 11/21/2021 at 8:13 AM, JuanitaBanana said:

Yes! My son had really bad reflux and it turned out to be a milk protein allergy. We didn't realized this until he started developing a rash and wheezing. We switch to a hydrolyzed formula and he got much better

I read somewhere that up to 40 percent of reflux babies are also anti-milk protein? I'm hoping that's the case and the elimination diet works. Our longest stretch of sleep was 2 hr 40 last night.

I'm glad you eventually figured it out and hugs and love to all the sleep-deprived and worried parents out there!

On 11/20/2021 at 10:57 PM, Expectopatronus said:

And I forgot to say, your experience sounds so hard. I'm glad you made it through and figured out what works!

3 hours ago, Dbm said:

yes yes i know that you are just showing us the hair clip  🙄 

Hide contents

533885988_Screenshot2021-11-26at2_24_41pm.thumb.png.03bf223271826b9ba0e4ab26b77883d6.png

I thought exactly the same thing! But it's ok, she's wearing a dress and now showing her elbows, wrists, collarbones or (probably) knees. It's ok!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dbm said:

Hide contents

533885988_Screenshot2021-11-26at2_24_41pm.thumb.png.03bf223271826b9ba0e4ab26b77883d6.png

That is some JRod level modesty at work there. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Dbm said:

Hide contents

I'm Jewish, so I've been to a lot of events and weddings, etc. As long as your elbows and knees are covered not a single person will say how sexy a dress is. I've seen the sexiest lacy(lined) dresses on really religious women. But it's ok because elbows and knees are covered. I'm talking body hugging celebrity style dresses and long VS type wigs. It's all considered modest.

• Upvote 7

Re: reflux babies.  There are several reasons possible. In my case- I was just a small baby (full term though) and my stomach flap/valve(?) didn’t close properly. It just had to grow out. Thankfully no problems with dairy or any other things (though I will get pretty severe heartburn from extremely spicy or tons of spicy food, but I guess that’s not exactly unusual). 

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Love 1

So Erin wrote this and Josie posted it  

(I don't mean to be disrespectful towards anyone here) 

post edited

Edited by Dbm

9 minutes ago, Dbm said:

So Erin wrote this and Josie posted it 

ppl vary, the part i underlined looks like a poem to me IDK  😅 I don't use the same style when i talk about religion stuff.  

(I don't mean to be disrespectful towards anyone here) 

Hide contents

262120008_133709742360622_101441765405004910_n.jpg.034985bb340a7c7ba895794652f68d3d.jpg

Those are words from a hymn written many years ago.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dbm said:

oh okay, thank you for making it clear 

let me edit my post  

No worries- I just recognized the words as a hymn. I know lots of people who post song lyrics they like. 

• Upvote 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic