IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, meep said:

It's a suburban beige nightmare. 

She must have hated living in her family’s messy, less than curated home with its mismatched and contrasting hues.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She must have hated living in her family’s messy, less than curated home with its mismatched and contrasting hues.

I read somewhere (? here ? reddit) that Josie said her parents house was too messy for her and she did not like that. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I read somewhere (? here ? reddit) that Josie said her parents house was too messy for her and she did not like that. 

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. I don’t think it’s all that uncommon for grown people to want to have a house that is different from their parents. Especially millennials. I’ve read that in general, millennials like less clutter and stuff than boomers.

• Upvote 11

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

While I don’t doubt her claims in the slightest, I do also think her decorating patterns has a lot to do with what is hip and instagrammable at the moment. I don’t believe Josie is a minimalist or thinks beige and brown are the most wonderful colours ever. If she was 5 years older she would have had an all grey and white house. That’s not to bash her. We all are influenced by the mainstream trends and that’s absolutely fine. And taste changes (often with the mainstream). But as soon as a new trend will get to this level of popularity she will be all over it. 

Here, we see lots of maximalist old English country house stuff coming up. It’s a bit of the anti-thesis to the beige, wanna be skandi, minimalistic concept. Darker woods, rich and deep colours, colours in general, carpets (on hard wooed flooring, not as far as having just carpet), vintage (or your late grandmothers) furniture, books! (habe you ever wondered where those people with perfectly curated shelf store their books? I mean even with sorting by colour most only display like 20 inclusive childrens- and cookbooks. That alone makes it impossible for us) …..  I personally LOVE it, but it just doesn’t fit our current living situation I go as far as I would like to. But man, do I see many people panelling their modern staircases. I do wonder how many of those will get ripped out in 3-5 years again.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, browngrl said:

She said it in a video. Too noisy, too DIRTY.

She and Alyssa were quiet and shared a room because of that.

• Upvote 4

E

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. I don’t think it’s all that uncommon for grown people to want to have a house that is different from their parents. Especially millennials. I’ve read that in general, millennials like less clutter and stuff than boomers.

My mom's generation (born in the 1950's) tend to have a lot of decorations, books, framed pictures, etc, all in display. My generation has gone for the minimalist or at least simple decoration (a couple pictures, not a whole wall... Things like that)

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

E

My mom's generation (born in the 1950's) tend to have a lot of decorations, books, framed pictures, etc, all in display. My generation has gone for the minimalist or at least simple decoration (a couple pictures, not a whole wall... Things like that)

Born in 50s, guilty.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

On 11/30/2021 at 11:53 AM, meep said:

It's a suburban beige nightmare. 

Ba ha ha possible thread title 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

It's very normal in America for people to have lots of beige. It's been popular color in decor as long as I can remember. Obviously not everyone loves beige, but any point there's a steady group of people who love beige.

• Upvote 4

I don’t have a problems with neutrals like white, beige, gray but I have issues when it’s all just neutrals. It’s so fucking boring. 

• I Agree 3

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t have a problems with neutrals like white, beige, gray but I have issues when it’s all just neutrals. It’s so fucking boring. 

There are a couple of plants (green) and of course the Christmas tree adorned in beige. Neutrals are great, except when those are the only colors used. Beige and toddlers, nope. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It's very normal in America for people to have lots of beige. It's been popular color in decor as long as I can remember. Obviously not everyone loves beige, but any point there's a steady group of people who love beige.

Interesting. We had a MASSIVE grey phase in some parts of Europe and it feels as if grey, black and white are our default neutrals in general. Much more then beige. Wood and beige is well loved but definitely less as a backgrounds colour and more in an accent way. 
Beige has founds its way as THE neutral clothing colour (in shapeless oversized and overpriced tents), but you definitely see it almost exclusively online on influencers and not really on the street. Most people look pretty beige themselves if they do wear it and no one wants to look ill, I guess.

At least that’s my take on it from my online and social bubble.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Interesting. We had a MASSIVE grey phase in some parts of Europe and it feels as if grey, black and white are our default neutrals in general. Much more then beige. Wood and beige is well loved but definitely less as a backgrounds colour and more in an accent way. 
Beige has founds its way as THE neutral clothing colour (in shapeless oversized and overpriced tents), but you definitely see it almost exclusively online on influencers and not really on the street. Most people look pretty beige themselves if they do wear it and no one wants to look ill, I guess.

At least that’s my take on it from my online and social bubble.

And you know Carlin and Layla in beige are doable. The Balkas do not have the hue that works with well beige, and unfortunately, they gravitate towards it. It’s like me and yellow, it’s a no go.

• Upvote 3

Back when Josie was still at home with the parents there was an episode where she took the lead on decorating the girls' room after Michaela moved out. She chose a dark gray color and had some more jewel tones. So she's not always been about the beige or as Kelly Jo would say - khaki. 

Today, Josie is treating KJ to a late birthday gift, a massage. Yesterday, KJ was Christmas shopping and out to lunch with Carlin and Whit. Is KJ ever home and parenting her younger kids? Who does the homeschooling? I swear in the last 3 months KG has never been at home.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Today, Josie is treating KJ to a late birthday gift, a massage. Yesterday, KJ was Christmas shopping and out to lunch with Carlin and Whit. Is KJ ever home and parenting her younger kids? Who does the homeschooling? I swear in the last 3 months KG has never been at home.

Also Addillee (however she spells it with the As, Ls, and Es) is always with them too. But where are Callie and Ellie?  Why don’t they ever get to go?

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Also Addillee (however she spells it with the As, Ls, and Es) is always with them too. But where are Callie and Ellie?  Why don’t they ever get to go?

They're not on the marriage market yet. I swear, this is just like Bridgerton...

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

I dislike that KJ thinks that she gets to have the life of all of us who have worked a lifetime, raised reasonable numbers of educated and working, children, and who have successfully launched them into society. No, KJ, no. You chose to have all those kids over multiple decades. You do not get to have the Life of Riley, yet. Yes, I am bitter. Choices have consequences-

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I dislike that KJ thinks that she gets to have the life of all of us who have worked a lifetime, raised reasonable numbers of educated and working, children, and who have successfully launched them into society. No, KJ, no. You chose to have all those kids over multiple decades. You do not get to have the Life of Riley, yet. Yes, I am bitter. Choices have consequences-

What do you mean, What life?

6 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

What do you mean, What life?

The life of middle aged people who no longer have the responsibility to and for little children. KJ travels, shops, cavorts, continually is photographed dining in restaurant (like multiple times a week) like a person who is childless. When does she ever spend time with her younger kids? Who is homeschooling those minors? Aren’t there laws that mandate education in TN?

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic