IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

44 minutes ago, Guanabana said:

My now 14 y/o can’t stand Pioneer Woman. We watch Food Network a lot, and my girl is used to their usual hosts. I have a bad habit of turning on the TV for white noise. 

One Saturday morning my daughter came downstairs while I was working on my computer.

Girl: MAMA, WHY ARE YOU WATCHING THIS TRASH???

Me: (No clue what was on). Trash? I don’t watch trash (yes I do).

Girl: That woman is SO fake, and her recipes are crap. 

Funny thing is PW has a line of kitchen essentials. My daughter laughs and says they are for the 70-90 year old crowd. 

We are going to check GR’s cooking videos.

Is there an edit feature? I made a typo I’d like to correct.

The three dot menu at the top of your post if you click it you get an edit function.  The edit window is 90 minutes.

I agree with your daughter, I'd rather chew tin foil than watch Ree.  I cannot stand her.

And I second the recommendation on Gordon's videos, especially from British shows.  His persona he puts on for American audiences is so obnoxious I won't watch, but any of his normal shows I'm half in love with him before he finishes his mise en place.  He's soothing and has a natural charm that comes with sharing something he loves.

One of my favorite Gordon Ramsay clips, being hilarious with Ricky Gervais.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I would ever post a picture of me instructing my kids how to puke in a bucket 🙄

Willow and Hazel are/were sick and Josie posted a story of Willow sitting in the sink having a bath with the bucket next to her and Hazel giggling and I am like "maybe this is when you put the phone down". She says she took the video for Kelton, great, but the whole world doesn't need to see it.

• WTF 3
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope that Josie will allow her girls to color their worlds, if that is what the girls prefer. IMO, which matter not one iota, Willow and Hazel’s room is bland and boring; not the least bit interesting or mind stimulating. I’d much prefer to see a black chalkboard wall and let the kids draw and create. At night, the wall could be cleaned off and blank; ready for the next day’s creations.

Spoiler

EBBAB41C-9173-47E7-A80E-A3349613A484.png

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 10

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I just hope that Josie will allow her girls to color their worlds, if that is what the girls prefer. IMO, which matter not one iota, Willow and Hazel’s room is bland and boring; not the least bit interesting or mind stimulating. I’d much prefer to see a black chalkboard wall and let the kids draw and create. At night, the wall could be cleaned off and blank; ready for the next day’s creations.

Hide contents

I bet her girls will rebel with color in a few years. I will laugh so hard if the girls insist on only wearing the brightest sparkliest outfits in their closet and nothing else. Children love bright colors. I have never heard a kid say his favorite color is white, beige, ivory, or tan. It’s always pink, red, blue, green, orange, yellow, purple, etc.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet her girls will rebel with color in a few years. I will laugh so hard if the girls insist on only wearing the brightest sparkliest outfits in their closet and nothing else. Children love bright colors. I have never heard a kid say his favorite color is white, beige, ivory, or tan. It’s always pink, red, blue, green, orange, yellow, purple, etc.

My daughter’s taste runs to vanilla too, but she allows her own kid to let her creativity fly. In their country, homes are constructed out of concrete, roofs/walls are porous, and d/t the tropical environment and heavy rains, need to be painted all the time. My GD changes the colors of her room on the regular. And each wall might just be a different color. No big deal. She has also changed bedrooms regularly too. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My daughter’s taste runs to vanilla too, but she allows her own kid to let her creativity fly. In their country, homes are constructed out of concrete, roofs/walls are porous, and d/t the tropical environment and heavy rains, need to be painted all the time. My GD changes the colors of her room on the regular. And each wall might just be a different color. No big deal. She has also changed bedrooms regularly too. 

I just bought my younger son the ugliest bright red sketchers I’ve ever seen. But he loves them so much. Red has been his favorite color for years. He says he can run super fast in his amazing new shoes.

C2E5C0C7-17A1-4729-8413-039372F1D41A.jpeg
^^^^they are so much brighter in person! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 20

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just bought my younger son the ugliest bright red sketchers I’ve ever seen. But he loves them so much. Red has been his favorite color for years. He says he can run super fast in his amazing new shoes.

C2E5C0C7-17A1-4729-8413-039372F1D41A.jpeg
^^^^they are so much brighter in person! 

Last summer my daughter and I took my GD shopping for school tennis shoes. We went to Kohls and C. Roamed the aisles and touched all the shoes. She finally settled on black Converse high tops. Last shoe in the world I thought she’d pick. This year she asked for the red ones, which I couldn’t find in her size. I bought the white ones with metallic stars (on deep discount). She was happy.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Reveal hidden contents

The results of all the work that went into that project were incredibly underwhelming. I’m not sure how you think a two year old is going to be excited about white flowers on a white wall.

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

The results of all the work that went into that project were incredibly underwhelming. I’m not sure how you think a two year old is going to be excited about white flowers on a white wall.

Right? If they wanted a big reaction, she should have gotten big fathead stickers of her favorite characters (like paw patrol or cocomelon) and she would have reacted excited and happy. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I’m not sure how you think a two year old is going to be excited about white flowers on a white wall.

I agree. I'm not excited about it either and I'm far from two.

• Upvote 6

I thought the project was cute but kept waiting on her to paint the flowers some fun colors. I prefer pretty neutral paint, tile,furniture ect but that’s because I can have fun with accessories and change the colors out often for not too much money
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

I thought the project was cute but kept waiting on her to paint the flowers some fun colors. I prefer pretty neutral paint, tile,furniture ect but that’s because I can have fun with accessories and change the colors out often for not too much money

Josie’s style in home decor is white on off white. That’s it. Her 2 paint swatches were white and off white. For the girls’ clothing she likes beige and that burnt orange/rusty color. It’s always the same. It’s white everything with cream or off white accessories. How do you keep white carpet and furniture clean with toddlers? I get cream colored walls. I have those, but the rest of my house is not ivory and white. And for a little kids’ room? It’s boring.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Beige on other beige is not my style, but at least she is consistent? I did laugh at her story where she and Trace were laughing like middle schoolers about him saying he was putting glue on his wood. Yes, it was immature and not remotely funny, but it was a nice normal moment between grown siblings. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

To quote Monica from Friends, it’s like night and…later that night. There’s barely a difference. I get she might want a cream/white house, but they’re kids and it’s a separate room. Live a little!

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She would have to buy them that stuff in the first place. Unless someone gifts them something, they (like most girls in the cult) don’t really have choices. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

She would have to buy them that stuff in the first place. Unless someone gifts them something, they (like most girls in the cult) don’t really have choices.

Kelly seems to like to shop. I would not be surprised if she bought the girls some clothing Josie thinks is ugly. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kelly seems to like to shop. I would not be surprised if she bought the girls some clothing Josie thinks is ugly. 

Like something with a big Daisy Duck in bright purple and pink. Or Doc McStuffin…I could see Josie placing that in the donate bin.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Like something with a big Daisy Duck in bright purple and pink. Or Doc McStuffin…I could see Josie placing that in the donate bin.

Maybe. But that might hurt Kelly’s feelings. So she might keep it in the back of the closet hoping the kids don’t find it. It would just be so hypocritical of Josie to immediately dress differently from what her parents wanted after marriage but then won’t let her kids choose their clothing as they get older. But fundies are often hypocritical. 

• Upvote 2

Josie has dressed Willow in bright pink Minnie Mouse outfits before. I know beveuase she has this great sweatshirt my daughter would love. Willow loves Minnie Mouse and I bet she picked it out or it was a gift. 

• Upvote 3

While I like the idea and it could have been very cute. It would have been so much nicer with a light yellow, purple and not so 'out there' that it would have upset her to walk in the room.  She did only add the beige colour to one wall. Hell, even a light rust/peach since that does seem to be her aesthetic. I don't mind beige as a wall colour, but, the rest of the room is just as bland!

Also, I would not want to have to remove those from wall. Hopefully it's not a super strong glue, otherwise the paint underneath, etc. could be coming off.

Spoiler

image.png.2c6725330f443e84e5b989070eab9a22.png   

image.png.7da75cb0971e3691387af750f225f313.png

image.png.74e559c72c473634ea9171de78010053.png

Edited by Smoochie
  • I Agree 7

Y'all are worrying me that when/if I have kids, their favorite colors are going to be red and yellow, aka the only two colors I absolutely cannot stand.

Literally every other color/shade is fine, from pastels to earth tones to neon, but red and yellow are not in my palette. Red I make exceptions for Christmas/Valentine's/4th of July, but Spring and yellow can just hurry up and die.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Y'all are worrying me that when/if I have kids, their favorite colors are going to be red and yellow, aka the only two colors I absolutely cannot stand.

Literally every other color/shade is fine, from pastels to earth tones to neon, but red and yellow are not in my palette. Red I make exceptions for Christmas/Valentine's/4th of July, but Spring and yellow can just hurry up and die.

I swear my son’s red with yellow sneakers I posted up thread remind me of ketchup and mustard 😂

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

All my kids went through a phase (at least I am telling myself it’s a phase with the younger 2!) of their favourite colour being one of my absolute least favourite ones. The oldest outgrew it as THE favourite at 6 or 7, but still had it in the top three until at least aged 10. So far the younger 2 show no signs of abating. Sigh!

• Rufus Bless 1

I really wish someone would ask her about the white flowers on a white wall in a kids’ bedroom. I get vanilla, I do, and can see it in a kitchen, master BR, bathrooms, living room, but why white flowers on white walls in a kids’ room? Would light green, pale yellow or pink have been distasteful?  Or if you like Fall colors, how about Marigolds? Or white flowers on a pale blue or yellow background?  You know what it looks like to me? Unfinished, as if someone had an idea and just ran out of time and never finished it-  

• Upvote 8

I'm painting my house next weekend. The living room is going to be coral, the kitchen will be blue, and my bedroom will be green. Beige decor drives me crazy!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic