IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In today's IG story, Josie said last night was the first night in 5 months that she has slept through the night, and she got up at 11 AM. She also said that Hazel gets up between 5-6 AM. Newsflash, unless you are going to bed after 2 AM, (in which case go to bed earlier) getting up between 5-6 AM IS sleeping through the night. 11AM…I wonder if that is what Josie considers sleeping through the night? These folks live in a parallel universe-

When my oldest son was a baby, he would do his biggest stretch of sleep between midnight and 6 a.m. but he was always up around midnight to feed, so I never got it bed until then. She also made it sound like that is when Hazel is up for the morning and Willow is probably not far behind. If my day started at 6 every day, I'd be a zombie. I can't do it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In today's IG story, Josie said last night was the first night in 5 months that she has slept through the night, and she got up at 11 AM. She also said that Hazel gets up between 5-6 AM. Newsflash, unless you are going to bed after 2 AM, (in which case go to bed earlier) getting up between 5-6 AM IS sleeping through the night. 11AM…I wonder if that is what Josie considers sleeping through the night? These folks live in a parallel universe-

It's possible that Hazel gets up for good at 5 or 6, but also gets up multiple times throughout the night. Hazel's only 4.5 months, so it wouldn't be unusual for her to not be sleeping through the night yet. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

It's possible that Hazel gets up for good at 5 or 6, but also gets up multiple times throughout the night. Hazel's only 4.5 months, so it wouldn't be unusual for her to not be sleeping through the night yet. 

I’m sure if Hazel was getting up multiple times a night, she would have included that fact in her story. 

On 10/30/2021 at 10:24 PM, browngrl said:

CBC Marketplace (a Canadian tv show that investigates stuff) did a story on "fast fashion" retailers like Shein and found the clothes were often badly made and far more worrisome - often had high levels of chemicals like lead. Here's a link https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/marketplace-fast-fashion-chemicals-1.6193385

judge for yourself if the cost is worth it 

Thank you, I didn't even know lead could be in clothes!

29 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Huh, I'd never consider 3-4 hours of sleep 'sleeping through the night'. For me that means at least 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. And if I hadn't been getting that for 5 months I could totally sleep for 14 hours straight, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Josie did. If Kelton got up with the girls and let her sleep in, I'm not sure what the problem is with that. Also Josie is only 22 so she's probably on a later sleep cycle like most young people. I regularly slept till 1pm on the weekends when I was that age. 

• Upvote 13

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My confused face is for Josie’s comments, not for your analysis. The missing info is when Hazel is put to bed for the night. That might clarify things.

I know that babies often have their days and nights switched, but I don’t remember how long that lasts. 

• Upvote 1

My youngest woke up every 1-2 hours until he was almost 2. I was sleep deprived times a million. Therefore my kid didn’t sleep through the night until he was a toddler. That sucked. 

• Love 7

I think my pediatrician considered a 5 hour stretch sleeping through the night. I personally felt 6 hours made it feel more like I got a full nights sleep. My oldest and youngest both slept pretty well. My middle child however, was up every1-3 hours until he was 2 1/2. It was exhausting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

I mean 6h can very well be classified as sleeping through, but children go to bed earlier than adults. You might be able to go down with them when it’s your first, but as soon as siblings are there they need you even when your child is sleeping. Or you want to spend time with other adults living in your household. Catching up with people that are working over the day means you have talk to them in the evening. 
So when they wake up after 5-6h the parents had considerably less sleep.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

My daughter slept through the night once when she was sick. 9 months now and she's up probably 3-5x a night these days as she's refusing bottles and only wants it from the tap. I can't bring myself to night wean her since I work all day, but it would be nice to get a full night's sleep.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 11

Haha targeted ads?  I absolutely haven’t googled breastfeeding covers, since those days are long passed for me - my kids are in their 20s, and I’ve also had a bilateral mastectomy. But maybe the posts on sleeping through the night and breastfeeding prompted this one. 

0E91630E-0993-4FEB-9DDF-8AD7C257C2C2.png

• Haha 4

talking about targeted ads:

My husband will often pick up my laptop/phone and google odd things eg dinosaur costume, socks with toes - nothing NSFW - just odd stuff. Then I'll pick up the computer and be faced with a flood of odd ads. I'll be all WTF and then I'll see him laughing his head off and TBH I also find the ads funny and now I look forward to seeing some random bit of oddness when I open up my computer. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • Love 4

Anyone see Josie’s Instagram story last night, I didn’t realize keltons company had that many employees. I wonder if it’s actually more lucrative that we thought

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gottahavedembabies said:

Anyone see Josie’s Instagram story last night, I didn’t realize keltons company had that many employees. I wonder if it’s actually more lucrative that we thought

Is Kelton the company’s owner, or is it a family business?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Is Kelton the company’s owner, or is it a family business?

In an IG post from June 2020, Josie says that Kelton has started his own plumbing company, Tennessee Standard. According to his LinkedIn page, Kelton left The Plumbing Authority (which I think is his family's business...his uncle maybe?) in January of 2020 and became president of Tennessee Standard the same month.  So it looks like it is his company.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

I think people are confusing baby sleeping through the night vs adult sleeping through the night. Baby sleeping for 6 hours straight for the first time is cause to celebrate and everyone refers to it as sleeping through the night. This is a huge milestone and your life starts to get easier. 

However, an adult sleeping 12am-6am is not what one usually calls "yay! I slept through the night! I'm so rested!" Especially when breastfeeding and been sleep deprived for months before . . . 

Maybe I'm just touchy because I lived through this for the past year. But I'm with Josie on this one. I didn't refer to "sleeping through the night" in reference to myself until we could put our daughter to bed at 8pm, me go to bed at 10 pm, and no one have to wake up until 7am. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

On 11/2/2021 at 10:08 PM, nvmbr02 said:

I think my pediatrician considered a 5 hour stretch sleeping through the night. I personally felt 6 hours made it feel more like I got a full nights sleep. My oldest and youngest both slept pretty well. My middle child however, was up every1-3 hours until he was 2 1/2. It was exhausting. 

I’m currently living that reality. My daughter will be 2 in December and will only agree to sleep for 2-3 hours in her crib. After that, she will only sleep in my bed and we are up three more times. I’m so tired that running the dishwasher and doing a load of laundry after work are my new definition of a productive day. 

• Love 17

As an old lady, I hate to break it to you, if you get 6 straight hours of sleep, you might not get a repeat of that for weeks. The only positives at this point are: no kids and I’m retired. But many people my age still work. It’s got to be brutal. Both my husband and I were up walking around at 0300 this AM, and both up at 0600, as he still works. I routinely get 4-5 hours a night.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

I’m currently living that reality. My daughter will be 2 in December and will only agree to sleep for 2-3 hours in her crib. After that, she will only sleep in my bed and we are up three more times. I’m so tired that running the dishwasher and doing a load of laundry after work are my new definition of a productive day. 

I’m sorry I remember my eyes burning from being up every 1-2 hours with my last. She just didn’t like to sleep. She fed on demand and once she started eating three meals a day in addition to breast milk I would just lay her down with kisses and a water sippy cup. She just didn’t like to sleep🤣. It will get better I promise but In the midst of it it is SO hard. You’re doing great.❤️

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

My kid has decided naps are the devil thanks to daylight savings time and will only take one a day (9 months old) and has been asleep before I got home all week. I'm not so sad to bring her to bed with me when she wakes in the middle of the night at the moment.

This phase can pass, please.

• Love 7

As someone with an 11 week old who wakes up with reflux (we just got meds! Yay!) I'm glad this thread isn't ppl bragging about how their 8 week old sleeps 8 hr straight or whatever. If you have that baby, great, but please shut up about it to us sleep-deprived parents! 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

As someone with an 11 week old who wakes up with reflux (we just got meds! Yay!) I'm glad this thread isn't ppl bragging about how their 8 week old sleeps 8 hr straight or whatever. If you have that baby, great, but please shut up about it to us sleep-deprived parents! 😂

Happy thoughts your way! I hope you and your little one get some relief.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Reflux is a bitch. I feel for you. My parents still make jokes that they don’t know how they ever were able to be ready for another child after me.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Well my gem of a teen , who still wakes up refreshed and happy every day at 7 ,( even if he goes to bed at 12 ). Did the waking up every three hours untl he was 5/ 6years old. Screaming i might add because he had night terrors etc ... he almost made my partner leave me because the guy couldn't handle the being awake constantly. But he eventually got over it( the teen). I am still in awe how we survived with working full time. Sunday's were typically spend in bed as much as possible. It was so depressing having a kiddo happily starting the day at 5 am without more then 3 hrs uninterrupted sleep.

• Upvote 1

Thanks all! The meds weren't ready yesterday but I guess someone told the baby they were coming as he did 5 hr 20 min uninterrupted sleep! A first!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic