Jump to content
IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower


HerNameIsBuffy

Recommended Posts

  • Coconut Flan changed the title to Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

Whoa. Was it so boring in there that the infamous pink bedroom came back?

Oh Josie. A year plus on a thread. You go. I'd rather you be boring than a raging narcissist. Quit procreating....

I do think she's doing an Erin or Alyssa thing with her decorating ideas. Intense at first and in time it will moderate. Plus, she's had more exposure to "the world" since she was little and hasn't any outlets! So this is her first time to express herself. Her ideas aren't the most interesting, yet. It's ooh stuff I see I like in a very trendy theme.

Erin does some impressive things in between backwards books. She did an amazing dot mural on a nursery wall. I admire her willingness to try things. I hope in time she'll see the fertility slow down/turn off as a blessing and challenge herself to do creative things with the kids. Or something.

But the bedroom reminds me that Josie will probably evolve a few times.

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The photo is of Erin & Chad’s pink bedroom. Josie has gone for a more boho look with neutrals and not too much furniture if I remember correctly. 

  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Angelface said:

The photo is of Erin & Chad’s pink bedroom. Josie has gone for a more boho look with neutrals and not too much furniture if I remember correctly. 

I was referring to that. It's kind of infamous here because we were rather impressed that Chad was willing to live in it. And then whenever it was on tv, Jessa? Duggars reaction of "it's.. pink"

My point was she's mellowed in her tastes. Everyone's ragged on Josie a bit for the rather extreme neutral boho look she's going for. I think it's quite possible she's been looking at things like that for several years and it's her dream look. In a couple of years she'll probably develop a more evolved style - like Erin.

  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I was referring to that. It's kind of infamous here because we were rather impressed that Chad was willing to live in it. And then whenever it was on tv, Jessa? Duggars reaction of "it's.. pink"

My point was she's mellowed in her tastes. Everyone's ragged on Josie a bit for the rather extreme neutral boho look she's going for. I think it's quite possible she's been looking at things like that for several years and it's her dream look. In a couple of years she'll probably develop a more evolved style - like Erin.

Josie's look has evolved somewhat. She (according to the show) led the decorating of the girls' room after Michaela had moved out. She wanted gray walls and more jewel tones for the accessories and bedding. Tori was opposed to it. 

I think all the girls (except maybe Tori) have jumped onto the decorating train in part because married life is the first time they have a space to call their own. It is probably very liberating to them to decorate without having to get more than a husband's input. Most of us get to go through that experimental phase where we find our identity at a younger age and not on television.

I distinctly remember (1990s) showing up to class every day my freshman year of college wearing my hair bone straight and a different colored beret with a giant pin on it. I wore a lot of black and tried to look arty. My dorm room was decorated with movie posters and black/teal bedding and accessories in geometric designs. Thankfully I evolved from that.    

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josie is getting induced at 37 weeks because of complications with her pregnancy. It’s in about 2 weeks time. 

Spoiler

CDD3E009-2D3F-4819-B278-6C0895B9C427.thumb.jpeg.491bd2f6679659bdd496466fcb1fc1f2.jpeg

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know she owes us shit all about her medical business, but fark I have no life and am curious 

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like several of her sisters, she has some clotting disorder(s). Erin’s, Tori’s and Carlin’s babies have all been born early too. Each of them has also been diagnosed with the same clotting disorder(s).

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Like several of her sisters, she has some clotting disorder(s). Erin’s, Tori’s and Carlin’s babies have all been born early too. Each of them has also been diagnosed with the same clotting disorder(s).

She’s also allergic to the medication they usually give them for the disorder, so her pregnancy has been more complicated than the others’

  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn’t it interesting that for a woman who had 19 children including  10 girls, her own daughters have so many reproductive issues? I wonder if the Bates ponder this question? 

  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Isn’t it interesting that for a woman who had 19 children including  10 girls, her own daughters have so many reproductive issues? I wonder if the Bates ponder this question? 

It's natural selection of harmful beliefs ??

  • Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Isn’t it interesting that for a woman who had 19 children including  10 girls, her own daughters have so many reproductive issues? I wonder if the Bates ponder this question? 

Wasnt it disscussed in one of the earlier episodes that Gil sister has the same clothing dissorder? so it was actually Gil who passed down the issues to his daughters.

Edit: so i just watched the episode. It was season 1 episode 10. Jenny doesnt really say she has the clotting dissorder. She did say she and her husband tried fertility treatments for years, and had recurrent miscarriages, and that she is happy because she feels the advice she gave Erin on what to look for and what she needed to ask the doctors to test her for helped on then finding out how to maintain this pregnancy (this was when Erin was pregnant with Carson). I wasnt able to find if she and her husband ever managed to have any kids though, and she doesnt say.

 

Edited by llucie
to add
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Isn’t it interesting that for a woman who had 19 children including  10 girls, her own daughters have so many reproductive issues? I wonder if the Bates ponder this question? 

Sins of the father unto the seventh generation, or something like that?

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if this high risk pregnancy may put it in their hearts aka minds to limit the number of children they have. Again same with Alyssa young age and good fertility mean that a permanent contraception form would be the safest bet for no more children. I can imagine wanting more kids (i did) but life didn't pan out that way so I am grateful for the ones I have. I have to wonder if fundies like Erin and perhaps Josie (now with one high risk pregnancy under her belt) can ever just reconcile a small family with god's will? Erin may not need to rely on birth control considering her already low chances of falling but Josie most probably will. 

Maybe my lack of every being in the situation myself all i can think is, sign that man up for the snip........

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think because of keltons mom and Josie having to deliver early with what could have been complications will cause them to limit the number of kids they have. Kelton worships the ground Josie walks on and wouldn’t want anything to happen to her. 

  • Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, llucie said:

Wasnt it disscussed in one of the earlier episodes that Gil sister has the same clothing dissorder? so it was actually Gil who passed down the issues to his daughters.

Edit: so i just watched the episode. It was season 1 episode 10. Jenny doesnt really say she has the clotting dissorder. She did say she and her husband tried fertility treatments for years, and had recurrent miscarriages, and that she is happy because she feels the advice she gave Erin on what to look for and what she needed to ask the doctors to test her for helped on then finding out how to maintain this pregnancy (this was when Erin was pregnant with Carson). I wasnt able to find if she and her husband ever managed to have any kids though, and she doesnt say.

 

Gil has only a brother. The brother has 1 son and 4 daughters, none of them has been pregnant/married yet.

Edited by Melissa1977
Add information
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Isn’t it interesting that for a woman who had 19 children including  10 girls, her own daughters have so many reproductive issues? I wonder if the Bates ponder this question? 

Actually, having 19 kids is not normal. So it doesn't surprise me that Bates 2nd gen are less fertile than the Kelly and Gil combo.

Anyway, when all the kids were still single, Gil used to say that leaving it up to God does not mean everybody will have eleventy kids, because it was God's decision. Some couples receive no kids or just a few and all situations were equally good. Then, I thought he was saying that to make his parents look fine and godly despite their only 2 kids.

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Gil has only a brother. The brother has 1 son and 4 daughters, none of them has been pregnant/married yet.

Fundie wiki says he has a brother Greg and a sister Jenny, so the previous poster was right.

  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Gil has only a brother. The brother has 1 son and 4 daughters, none of them has been pregnant/married yet.

No, he has a brother and a sister, Greg and Jenny. Both are featured in the mentioned episode. They did the sitting couch interviews together so maybe you though she was the wife? but Greg wife does appear in the background in the episode holding their youngest daughter, and Jenny mentions her husband name is Craig. They even show how both their houses are situated in the same property as their parents farm with a drawing in this episode, and Gil mentions he has land too in that property but he has not choosen to built in it yet, unlike his siblings.

Edit: to attach the drawing.

farm.png

Edited by llucie
to add
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I think because of keltons mom and Josie having to deliver early with what could have been complications will cause them to limit the number of kids they have. Kelton worships the ground Josie walks on and wouldn’t want anything to happen to her. 

His mom’s death didn’t prevent them from having 3 pregnancies in less than three years of marriage. Maybe they will realize the risk but so far it doesn’t seem like it. 

  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Actually, having 19 kids is not normal. So it doesn't surprise me that Bates 2nd gen are less fertile than the Kelly and Gil combo.

Anyway, when all the kids were still single, Gil used to say that leaving it up to God does not mean everybody will have eleventy kids, because it was God's decision. Some couples receive no kids or just a few and all situations were equally good. Then, I thought he was saying that to make his parents look fine and godly despite their only 2 kids.

I agree having 19 kids is not normal, but that so many of the girls have major complications with pregnancy early on in their lives with their first few pregnancies is radically different than what we would have expected for them.

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

His mom’s death didn’t prevent them from having 3 pregnancies in less than three years of marriage. Maybe they will realize the risk but so far it doesn’t seem like it. 

They're having a second baby soon. I think  @Lgirlrocks is trying be hopeful about the situation. Most people tend to want at least 2 kids. Now that they're going to have 2 kids, hopefully Josie and Kelton will slow down the baby train for the sake of her health.

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope they will stop or at least slow down, but will believe it when I see it. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, artdecades said:

His mom’s death didn’t prevent them from having 3 pregnancies in less than three years of marriage. Maybe they will realize the risk but so far it doesn’t seem like it. 

I mean I had two miscarriages  and two children by my 3rd wedding anniversary. I think at this stage it is hard to judge because having a few children early in a marriage is not unusual. I think you can’t really judge until they get past 4 or 5 or if they are going at a crazy pace (like Tori or Kendra Duggar). Hopefully, this difficult pregnancy and Kelton’s history will make them more cautious about future pregnancies, right now it’s too early to tell. 

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean I had two miscarriages  and two children by my 3rd wedding anniversary. I think at this stage it is hard to judge because having a few children early in a marriage is not unusual. I think you can’t really judge until they get past 4 or 5 or if they are going at a crazy pace (like Tori or Kendra Duggar). Hopefully, this difficult pregnancy and Kelton’s history will make them more cautious about future pregnancies, right now it’s too early to tell. 

I totally agree.  I had my three all two years apart and two miscarriages.  We used BC in between but wanted our kids close together.  Looking back at that time it feels like I was continuously pregnant for those 5 years.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.