IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

I’m pretty sure all of Tori’s kids have brown hair. I think the blonde boy is probably Carson. 

1 minute ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I’m pretty sure all of Tori’s kids have brown hair. I think the blonde boy is probably Carson. 

The child in question was clearly younger/smaller than both Willow (just turned 2) and Holland (almost 2). Carson is 6; it was definitely not Carson. In the Bates Fam Instagram post for Kolter's birthday (sorry I don't know how to embed it here) it looks like Kolter is blond. 

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Her stuff is pretty average priced, tbh. I buy hair stuff fairly regularly, for both my daughter and I and Josie's prices are the norm. 

Question! Do you get your daughter’s hair stuff anywhere special? My hair is thinning and very fine and only kids clips and things work in my hair, but I have a hard time finding stuff that looks adult. It’s all bright colors and pastels.  I actually checked out josie’s site assuming they had to have a kid section but they don’t. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Question! Do you get your daughter’s hair stuff anywhere special? My hair is thinning and very fine and only kids clips and things work in my hair, but I have a hard time finding stuff that looks adult. It’s all bright colors and pastels.  I actually checked out josie’s site assuming they had to have a kid section but they don’t. 

I buy a lot of her stuff from Claire's because they have a giant kids department and they often have fantastic sales. They have cutsy clips but The also have a variety of clips without embellishments (in the kids section).

2 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

The child in question was clearly younger/smaller than both Willow (just turned 2) and Holland (almost 2). Carson is 6; it was definitely not Carson. In the Bates Fam Instagram post for Kolter's birthday (sorry I don't know how to embed it here) it looks like Kolter is blond. 

Kolter is blonde and he would be about 18 months. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210910-103723.thumb.png.9b6c8bc8d20f77f663b9d84465349631.png

• Upvote 3

All- at first I thought identifying the kids would be a breeze, but if you put them all together, and with so many so close in age and the same sex, no way. They need to diversify the gene pool. A Tiffany /Lawson spawn would be darling.

ETA- the challenge, let Josie dress all the kids in various shades of cream, and then try to figure out who is who-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 12

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

All- at first I thought identifying the kids would be a breeze, but if you put them all together, and with so many so close in age and the same sex, no way. They need to diversify the gene pool. A Tiffany /Lawson spawn would be darling.

ETA- the challenge, let Josie dress all the kids in various shades of cream, and then try to figure out who is who-

It doesn’t help that all the Bates SILs look alike (as someone posted), the only real variety is whether the kids are blonde or brunette. Tiffany and Lawson would have absolutely gorgeous children. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1

Just fyi, thinking that mixed-race kids will be cuter is considered a kind of racist fetishization. 

From a 2019 article on the royal baby:

In fact, even before this baby has been born, it’s already taken on one of the most frustrating burdens faced by mixed race people: fetishization.

According to Sharon Chang, author of the 2015 book Raising Mixed Race, multiracial children started to be seen as “cuter” and more ideal than single-race children around the turn of the millennium when mixed-race populations began to increase in North Americaand the U.K. Statistics Canada reports that the number of mixed-race unions in Canada increased from 2.6% of all couples in 1991 to 3.1% in 2001. By 2011, that number jumped to 4.6% of all married or common-law couples and it’s bound to be much higher now. 

Chang calls out the fetishizing of mixed kids we’re seeing now as “pretty racist.”

“We’re talking about kids who are usually lighter, who have lighter hair, lighter skin, lighter eyes, who are usually mixed white. Certain kinds of mixed kids are more beautiful,” she says. “They’re smarter, they’re healthier—and I do not agree with these things, let’s just make that clear—but that’s the narrative now. That’s the fetishizing.”

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Just fyi, thinking that mixed-race kids will be cuter is considered a kind of racist fetishization. 

From a 2019 article on the royal baby:

In fact, even before this baby has been born, it’s already taken on one of the most frustrating burdens faced by mixed race people: fetishization.

According to Sharon Chang, author of the 2015 book Raising Mixed Race, multiracial children started to be seen as “cuter” and more ideal than single-race children around the turn of the millennium when mixed-race populations began to increase in North Americaand the U.K. Statistics Canada reports that the number of mixed-race unions in Canada increased from 2.6% of all couples in 1991 to 3.1% in 2001. By 2011, that number jumped to 4.6% of all married or common-law couples and it’s bound to be much higher now. 

Chang calls out the fetishizing of mixed kids we’re seeing now as “pretty racist.”

“We’re talking about kids who are usually lighter, who have lighter hair, lighter skin, lighter eyes, who are usually mixed white. Certain kinds of mixed kids are more beautiful,” she says. “They’re smarter, they’re healthier—and I do not agree with these things, let’s just make that clear—but that’s the narrative now. That’s the fetishizing.”

This is a good point. I didn't consider the implications of the discussion, though I think that even without the mixed race aspect that Lawson and Tiffany would have beautiful children simply because they are both attractive. For all his flaws, he is the best looking Bates brother. 

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1

9 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

For all his flaws, he is the best looking Bates brother. 

Does Warden know that?  He seems like he loves himself and is, to me, at least on social media, kind of douche-tastic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

I dunno for looks (not personality) I have always found Zac the best I don’t Mind pudgy and I think Isaiah (I think) is gunna be a cutie too he has the soft sweet face also. 

• I Agree 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I dunno for looks (not personality) I have always found Zac the best I don’t Mind pudgy and I think Isaiah (I think) is gunna be a cutie too he has the soft sweet face also. 

Zach and Whit do have some cute kids! 

• I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Last week or so Josie posted a story on Insta that she was going to live more in the moment and wouldn't be filming/posting as much. I normally don't look at Insta daily, but, I've been watching to see if she was really going to do this. She has posted two or more stories each day since then. I don't think they could survive without it, it really is insane how much they post!  Oh and I'm over her 'obsessed' about literally everything.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Last week or so Josie posted a story on Insta that she was going to live more in the moment and wouldn't be filming/posting as much. I normally don't look at Insta daily, but, I've been watching to see if she was really going to do this. She has posted two or more stories each day since then. I don't think they could survive without it, it really is insane how much they post!  Oh and I'm over her 'obsessed' about literally everything.

What she said was that she was going to do less activity stories and instead to wait to post at the end of the day. But I can't see her stepping away from the stories because I think she is invested in the influencer thing and that requires regular engagement and commitment. I did a story set to music last week and it took me half an hour to get it to line up right, no way I could do that multiple times a day. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

That just looks uncomfortable.

I feel bad for them though about the highway being backed up due to a high-speed chase and a 3 hour delay. That is just painful.

• Upvote 3

This is petty of me. But has anyone noticed that Josie has has false nails for six or more weeks, which are super grown out and need a refill? Or it might just be gel nail polish that has grown out and needs to be taken off.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, SeasonofLife said:

This is petty of me. But has anyone noticed that Josie has has false nails for six or more weeks, which are super grown out and need a refill? Or it might just be gel nail polish that has grown out and needs to be taken off.

they all have problems with maintaining the fake nails, choosing the right shape or salon to do their nails. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I feel bad for them though about the highway being backed up due to a high-speed chase and a 3 hour delay. That is just painful.

Potential traffic delays... it's why I keep a pStyle in my glove compartment. I had to practice using it in the shower and my backyard 😅😳

• Upvote 1

Thanks Josie for teaching me that Tennessee is in two timezones. Also, given how often that Carlin, Evan and Layla go back and forth to Nashville, that is quite an adjuatment with a little one. 

9 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Thanks Josie for teaching me that Tennessee is in two timezones. Also, given how often that Carlin, Evan and Layla go back and forth to Nashville, that is quite an adjuatment with a little one. 

It's an hour. Plenty of people live in one time zone and work in another. When you live on the border, it just becomes normal.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

It's an hour. Plenty of people live in one time zone and work in another. When you live on the border, it just becomes normal.

I mean I guess but daylight savings time always messes with my kids and I could see monthly trips messing with their sleep schedule. I think daily trips would be better than monthly beveuase of accomodation. But also I would totally slip up and end up late for something regularly. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean I guess but daylight savings time always messes with my kids and I could see monthly trips messing with their sleep schedule. I think daily trips would be better than monthly beveuase of accomodation. But also I would totally slip up and end up late for something regularly. 

The trick is you don't adjust your body, especially with their concept of "being on time." You simply go to work at 8am your time, every day, even if it's 9am according to the clock at work.

DST screws with people because it affects their sleep schedule. If you work at 7, now you're working at 6am, and you have to adjust going to bed an hour earlier. In their case, all of that is moot, because guessing most of the stuff happens between 11am and 5pm or so. 10am and 6pm doesn't really make a huge difference. They also don't seem to have the best bedtime hygiene for their kids anyway.

Edited by CaptainFunderpants
Elaboration.
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I am a morning person, so I prefer Standard Time over DST. Right now in my Central CA a home, it is dark as night until 7 AM. The school busses start rolling here at 0600, so right now little kids are going to school in pure darkness. I also think it’s better for circadian rhythm for people to have early dawn and dusk. When I go to my So American, equatorial home, where the sun rises at 0615 and sets at 1815 every day, I sleep much better. I know others prefer more sunlight hours in the evening-

Summary- we need to turn back the clocks now and never turn them up, and not the other way around.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I am so far north that I 100% prefer DST. When they turn the clocks back, it's so stupid. We lose so much daylight right now anyway that taking it from the afternoon to put it in the morning just ruins it for everyone. When the clocks turn back, the sun will be rising at 9:45 and setting at 5:30. Moving it to 8:45 is still after everyone is at school and work, and then the sun will set before everyone gets home. 

Regardless, I wish they would just pick one. I know there's been legislation for us to stay on DST but I don't know the status of it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic