IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

19 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Honestly I'm more concerned that they never get to talk alone or talk about anything but the bible than I am that they don't get to kiss. How on earth are these teenagers supposed to find "the one" without private, emotional, in-depth conversations? 

To be fair kelly and Gil let Michael and Brandon walk ahead of them so they could privately talk. ? sadly they can’t be alone so people don’t speculate. Finding out that half of the married adults kissed before marriage with chaperones there doesn’t help. 

• Upvote 10

On 5/26/2021 at 1:56 PM, justmy2cents said:

Meanwhile Katie’s not even holding hands with Travis. I wouldn’t be surprised by them kissing, just by them doing it in front of Kelly.

Travis’ family is deep in the Fundie goo. They might be pure and holy, those two ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

On 5/28/2021 at 9:29 PM, FrumpyAtheist said:

Honestly I'm more concerned that they never get to talk alone or talk about anything but the bible than I am that they don't get to kiss. How on earth are these teenagers supposed to find "the one" without private, emotional, in-depth conversations? 

Gil and Kelly and I will just have to agree to disagree. I believe that whatever a couple chooses to do or not to do before they are married should be only the business of that couple and no one else. I also very strongly believe that a couple needs to go on a car trip to an unfamiliar City and also on a camping trip together with a tent or tents before they should be allowed to get married. Both cases really test your ability to communicate and work together and you also get a lot of information how your potential partner is in a stressful situation.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 7

16 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I also very strongly believe that a couple needs to go on a car trip to an unfamiliar City and also on a camping trip together with a tent or tents before they should be allowed to get married. Both cases really test your ability to communicate and work together and you also get a lot of information how your potential partner is in a stressful situation.

My husband and I bought a place and renovated while living there after we got engaged but before marriage.  He strongly feels like if a couple can go through that, they can last.  Lol.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

16 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Gil and Kelly and I will just have to agree to disagree. I believe that whatever a couple chooses to do or not to do before they are married should be only the business of that couple and no one else. I also very strongly believe that a couple needs to go on a car trip to an unfamiliar City and also on a camping trip together with a tent or tents before they should be allowed to get married. Both cases really test your ability to communicate and work together and you also get a lot of information how your potential partner is in a stressful situation.

My bff and I have been friends for 35 years and one of our only fights was on a road trip over my lack of navigation skills. Traveling together is a definite relationship test.

• Upvote 17

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

My bff and I have been friends for 35 years and one of our only fights was on a road trip over my lack of navigation skills. Traveling together is a definite relationship test.

I could never travel with a friend because I also have bad navigation skills & a huge fear of driving on the highway. 

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

YES! Our honeymoon was in Ireland and we rented a car to travel around the whole country. I made sure to volunteer to drive first because he's less nervous and backseat driver-y and I'm better at taking instruction. Definitely a good communication test, but thankfully we'd already driven together to different cities while dating and gotten some good practice. 

I like the idea of a pre-marital counseling that is more hands on like this. The biggest fight of my first year of marriage was related to me wanting to run our clothes dryer while we were not home and him being totally opposed to that because of the fire risk.* I'm not sure if dryer running preferences are on jimbobs questionnaire, but having a common faith in quiverfull Jesus certainly would not help in these situations!

*I actually lived in a rental house that had a house fire that started from the dryer when my roommate was at home alone and STILL thought it was silly he didn't want me to run it. Now he does 90% of the laundry and I don't say a damn thing about how he chooses to do it. Lesson learned! 

• Upvote 9

19 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I also very strongly believe that a couple needs to go on a car trip to an unfamiliar City and also on a camping trip together with a tent or tents before they should be allowed to get married.

Nah. My husband and I have been together for 32 years, married for 24. We’ve been through some tough shit together, but I draw the line at camping, with or without him. It’s comfy beds for me, and no one will ever convince me otherwise ?. Car trips are fine, though. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 10

I don't have UP now. Can anyone confirm what a friend thought she heard? Nathan suggested Space Force as a Valentine's Day theme?

• WTF 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Nah. My husband and I have been together for 32 years, married for 24. We’ve been through some tough shit together, but I draw the line at camping, with or without him. It’s comfy beds for me, and no one will ever convince me otherwise ?. Car trips are fine, though. 

100% agree. I Hate camping with a fiery passion. I refuse to do it. When we first started dating, my husband was doing a ton of work on his house. In the first month of dating I was in his bathroom helping him grout and seal tile. It was nice because we figured that we can work together pretty well. 

• Upvote 11

22 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I also very strongly believe that a couple needs to go on a car trip to an unfamiliar City and also on a camping trip together with a tent or tents before they should be allowed to get married. Both cases really test your ability to communicate and work together and you also get a lot of information how your potential partner is in a stressful situation.

You also have to be sick---each of you--to see how you act during that situation.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I don't have UP now. Can anyone confirm what a friend thought she heard? Nathan suggested Space Force as a Valentine's Day theme?

Yes, he did. ?  ?

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, SallyDraper said:

Yes, he did. ?  ?

Thanks. I'm not sure if I am more concerned with the blatant display of ignorance or for Esther and her future husband's ideas on romance. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

On 6/2/2021 at 7:23 AM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Thanks. I'm not sure if I am more concerned with the blatant display of ignorance or for Esther and her future husband's ideas on romance. 

Maybe he meant Star Wars, or Star Trek, and he's thinking of Esther in a Princess Leia gold bikini. Or Esther as 7 of 9.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Maybe he meant Star Wars, or Star Trek, and he's thinking of Esther in a Princess Leia gold bikini. Or Esther as 7 of 9.

As much as I'd like to think that, my friend said the quote was "What about Space Force? This is the first year of Space Force." It's not really a missed point. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

As much as I'd like to think that, my friend said the quote was "What about Space Force? This is the first year of Space Force." It's not really a missed point. 

I always say/think "Space Force" in a dramatic, Muppets "Pigs in Space" voice. Someday I'm going to say that in a real Capitol Hill meeting and get in trouble

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

On 6/1/2021 at 2:15 PM, CanadianMamam said:

My daughter and her fiancé took a 6 month job in Alaska doing sea kayaking whale-watching tours. They converted his truck into a place they could sleep and drove from the east coast to Seward, AK, lived in a trailer for 6 months for the job, and drove back again. When they made it back and the wedding was still on I knew they were prefect for each other. ♥️

• Upvote 17
  • Love 17

On 6/1/2021 at 1:07 PM, JMO said:

My husband and I bought a place and renovated while living there after we got engaged but before marriage.  He strongly feels like if a couple can go through that, they can last.  Lol.  

My husband and I will almost always have some kind of a fight on vacation. If we go away for a couple of days no, but it seems when we get to the third or fourth day--- boom! 

On 6/1/2021 at 4:17 PM, Nothing if not critical said:

Growing up, my family and another family used to go fishing in Flin Flon Manitoba to Westwood Lodge. This was a place few women ventured. I don't know how my mom and her friend agreed to it! The bathrooms were a little hut attached to the cabins and were those camping toilets. How nice it was to sit on one with a fly strip hanging next to you. We had electricity but the time we stayed at no electricity island, not only did we do without that, we had no bathrooms at all. We got to that island by boat. The showers at the lodge were outdoors near the main cabin (where the family lived). there were two in the yet again a little hut, but only one person could have hot water at a time. And the mosquitos! We had to sleep with netting. When we crossed over into another lake, we had to be covered from head to toe to not get bit. Our dads would drop us off at a little area to fish for the day. These were pre-cell phone days, there were bears, we were lucky nothing happened. 

I was a kid so it wasn't too bad for me, but when I hit about 12, I was done with it. I enjoyed fishing but not the rustic aspect. Interestinly, the lodge is still around after 40 years. It is owned by the same family and looks like it is still an "adventure". Showers are listed as an amenity! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 5

On 6/4/2021 at 9:37 AM, HereticHick said:

I always say/think "Space Force" in a dramatic, Muppets "Pigs in Space" voice. Someday I'm going to say that in a real Capitol Hill meeting and get in trouble

You will love this. Start at 1:40....

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I know this is really shallow, but how the hell did Nathan land a woman that hot?

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I know this is really shallow, but how the hell did Nathan land a woman that hot?

A few years ago with the Nike soaking wet shirt pics okay, but this current iteration of Nathan? Yikes. And it's not like most people get more fit as they get older; this very well could be the most attractive version of Nathan she gets. Again: Yikes. What is you doin' girl?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Every photo of him reminds me of Chandler Bing trying to have a photo made. 

He needs to just relax!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

On 6/11/2021 at 8:41 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Perhaps she's a hideous person on the inside. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

In fundie land, looks only matter for women. The females must always have their hair and make up done. They must always wear modest and flattering clothing. They are expected to bounce right back after each pregnancy. 

But fundie men? Nah. They can gain weight, wear ill fitting clothes, and just look overall like a greasy slob *cough* Josh Duggar *cough* and no one seems to notice. 

• Upvote 19

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Perhaps she's a hideous person on the inside. 

Well, sure, but it’s not like she’s an old maid who has to settle for Nathan. There are plenty of guys who share her beliefs and are cuter than he is.

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic