IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

17 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

You are all too nice. The suit is actually pretty fashion forward and would have looked really dapper IF he had the physique for it and the right style (especially shoes). If he is so desperate to stay in his cowboy persona why not go all the way? And I will say it - he has put on quite some weight since I last saw him. Like +25kg in what feels like two months or so. He really looks like a young, chubby Gil.

I noticed that he put on weight as well and honestly was a bit surprised.   I don't remember him looking this way in more recent pictures, say last year or so.   And there's a considerable difference from the wet t shirt picture with Lawson that was posted years ago.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Jeez, I thought Ben's scavenger hunt proposal sounded exhausting. 3 days and 3 states to propose??

And Fox News got the scoop? Interesting.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Apparently it was a “lavish, three-day proposal.” 

A little scary to think about what their first gender-reveal party will be like...

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

My husband proposed to me when we were away for the weekend to our university town where we met. He asked me on the citywalls on our way to a super fancy restaurant so we were all dressed up.

I like how we had a special moment (dressed up, special place, dinner right after) but it was still a very private moment. 

1 minute ago, Howl said:

A little scary to think about what their first gender-reveal party will be like...

The baby will be born by the time it is over.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

Not a fan of the suit and cowboy boots. Should of worn jeans and a nice button down shirt. Or maybe if the suit was a solid color. Oh well, too late now. Can't  wait to see what he wears for his wedding. 

Edited by Tangy Bee
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jencendiary said:

Eh. Speaking as someone whose engagement was a little lackluster (I was sick, it was our anniversary, spouse asked me after he put a heating pad on my afflicted area) 

I can't think of anything more loving and meaningful than your now-spouse proposing while nursing you. I'm serious. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 20

I'll never ever understand why fundies think they are just the most precious snowflakes. Over the top everything. Elaborate courtships. Elaborate engagements. Elaborate baby announcements and gender reveals. Reminds me of that line in Steel Magnolias- ""How precious is this wedding going to get, I ask you?" Ugh. ? 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

The suit just made me think he is giving Joe Duggar a challenge for the thicc fundie king title. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I'll never ever understand why fundies think they are just the most precious snowflakes. Over the top everything. Elaborate courtships. Elaborate engagements. Elaborate baby announcements and gender reveals. Reminds me of that line in Steel Magnolias- ""How precious is this wedding going to get, I ask you?" Ugh. ? 

It didn't really get big until Evan's Courthip proposal. The Duggars are pretty laxxed with these things except for gender reveals, but the bates are just out of control, It's destination everything. Which kid do you think will have there destination whatever out of the country?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I couldn’t imagine saying yes to a marriage proposal and not kissing. It’s one of those perfect kissing moments, I assume as much I have never been asked to marry anyone. I also wouldn’t want my whole family there. It would ruin everything. 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

As much as I loathe Nathan I actually think he looks nice in the suit. It's the most formal thing I've ever seen him wear. I don't think it matters that he's not thin--nothing wrong with people showing off their chunkier figures in the clothes they like. 

I'm all for body positivity. I'm not a skinny thing by any stretch.

I just had to throw that comment out there because of how cruel his comments about appearance of his sisters - especially the Michaela and Tori comments. If one of them had worn something that did not flatter their body shape, he would have thrown a fit. I was prepared to comment how bad he looked no matter how he did end up looking. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I tend to prefer “fuller” figured men. So if my husband was shaped like him, I would have zero issues with attraction. My husband has a little belly. And of course I find him attractive. But no one looks good from behind when they are kneeling. It’s a butt shot for fucks sake. I would never include the butt shot in my proposal photos. The rest of the photos are a million times better. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I'm all for body positivity. I'm not a skinny thing by any stretch.

I just had to throw that comment out there because of how cruel his comments about appearance of his sisters - especially the Michaela and Tori comments. If one of them had worn something that did not flatter their body shape, he would have thrown a fit. I was prepared to comment how bad he looked no matter how he did end up looking. 

I remember him yelling at Tori about her hair but what did he say about Michael??

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I will also go all Nathan and agree, that suit is not his best look.   

As my mother used to say, "it never hurts to go up a size."

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Rosie said:

As my mother used to say, "it never hurts to go up a size."

My husband got a pair of pants that were snug on his behind and I couldn’t stop staring. Sometimes it’s good to be a bit snug ;)

ETA: my husband is normally stuck in his 90s grunge jeans that are too big on him. Sigh...

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

To me the suit looks fine, but i will admit i am not the most fashionable person. I also found the ring really pretty and then read that aparently is very out of fashion lol. They dont have pretty ideologies though and that is the most important thing here. 

I dont think there is something wrong with saying he has put on weight when it is clearly a fact. A few of his sibligs have put on weight too as they age. It may be genetic? or just poor diet.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, llucie said:

To me the suit looks fine, but i will admit i am not the most fashionable person. I also found the ring really pretty and then read that aparently is very out of fashion lol. They dont have pretty ideologies though and that is the most important thing here. 

I dont think there is something wrong with saying he has put on weight when it is clearly a fact. A few of his sibligs have put on weight too as they age. It may be genetic? or just poor diet.

I put on weight during the pandemic ? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 13

34 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes and in addition I now have edema from BP medicine *sigh*. 

But I agree, never post a butt shot on SM and think it was okay.

It seems to me a professional photographer would see that in the camera lens and say "Um, let's try for a side shot here folks".

• Upvote 6

FINALLY. Honestly I was waiting for ring pics as much as them to finally be engaged....and I hate her ring lol but if she loves it good for her! I also hate his outfit - suit isn't bad, i'm not against boots, but that particular combo is horrendous. Proposal itself is super cute, but that's obvious since the sisters decorated it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You and me both. I finally bit the bullet and got a couple new bras for my new size. 

• Upvote 10

Looks like there were fireworks too. Bates Family IG just posted some videos in their stories.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, raayx01 said:

It didn't really get big until Evan's Courthip proposal. The Duggars are pretty laxxed with these things except for gender reveals, but the bates are just out of control, It's destination everything. Which kid do you think will have there destination whatever out of the country?

6 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Actually Tori's courtposal was pretty "big", all her family + Kelton involved in the setup. And before that, Nathan's first courtposal was such a big deal Ashley thought he was actually proposing lol. Engagements being a big set up, I get, fine. But courtship, meh. It sounds like Nathan kept at least it low-key asking Esther to be his gf, and then went big on the proposal.

I could see making *an* announcement for pregnancy or even gender reveal (even though I hate gender reveals....) but those are definitely blown wayyyyy out of proportion. Then again for a fundie woman, what else is there for her to be excited about? 

Is it just me, or does anyone else forsee this being a Carlin-esque ultra mega wedding? I'm between that, or something relatively smaller but quicker to plan...

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You can always tell by their nails if they knew the proposal was coming. She knew. She has a little heart only on the ring finger.

E71295A2-B0CB-473A-BABB-A55F2D2A5F20.jpeg

This looks like white-out on her nails. Her ring is pretty though. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I have to say something positive. I love her dress. Seriously I would consider buying the same dress. It's a great color. It looks great on her.

He looks fine to me.  And as one of the Bates brothers NOT protesting the election with T***p, he has gone up a little in my opinion.

Esther is also the oldest between Katie, Esther, and Tiffany. She's turning 24 in the fall. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I couldn’t imagine saying yes to a marriage proposal and not kissing. It’s one of those perfect kissing moments, I assume as much I have never been asked to marry anyone. I also wouldn’t want my whole family there. It would ruin everything. 

You sound like Josie Pye ?

• Haha 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic