IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

On 6/12/2021 at 2:41 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I know this is really shallow, but how the hell did Nathan land a woman that hot?

Physically beautiful people can be attracted to less-beautiful ones. It happened to me and it was very sad how people said we weren't a good match for that. We eventually broke for other reasons, but he made me happy, he was funny, clever etc. A friend of me, who was overweight, had a very handsome boyfriend and his friends mocked him. 

Pretty women do not date "ugly" men because money or fame. "Ugly" men can be better boyfriends than handsome ones. I don't think Nathan is a great match at all, but being chubby is not the reason.

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Physically beautiful people can be attracted to less-beautiful ones. It happened to me and it was very sad how people said we weren't a good match for that. We eventually broke for other reasons, but he made me happy, he was funny, clever etc. A friend of me, who was overweight, had a very handsome boyfriend and his friends mocked him. 

Pretty women do not date "ugly" men because money or fame. "Ugly" men can be better boyfriends than handsome ones. I don't think Nathan is a great match at all, but being chubby is not the reason.

Did I say anything about his weight? My husband is both overweight and good-looking, and TBH, the Bates guy I find most attractive is Zach. Anyway, I fail to see what Esther sees in him, but I do understand that she has her reasons.

• Upvote 5

On 6/14/2021 at 12:15 PM, HereticHick said:

Perhaps she's a hideous person on the inside. 

I also don't think Esther is as stunningly beautiful as the Bates sisters. She kind of has a "white trash" vibe going with her tan and hair color. Her style has already evolved to be more instagram perfect like the Bates girls, but before it was cheap looking. This is not a knock at her -- I just think she and Nathan actually are on the same level looks wise. I also agree that skinny/chubby is not an indicator of "hot or not." 

• Upvote 13
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

I would imagine her fundie upbringing also has to do with it. It doesn’t matter what he looks like if he is a godly man or whatever. 

• Upvote 6

Nathan’s scrunched up fake smile makes him look less attractive. When his face is relaxed he is better looking. Of course his beliefs make him unattractive to me.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Did I say anything about his weight? My husband is both overweight and good-looking, and TBH, the Bates guy I find most attractive is Zach. Anyway, I fail to see what Esther sees in him, but I do understand that she has her reasons.

Zach is a hottie! Lawson is conventionally good looking - but he's douchy.

Nathan is one of the most unattractive people I've come across... because he's an asshole. If he come across as a kind person or with a wicked sense of humor that would make him attractive... but, he's not and he doesn't.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Zach is a hottie! Lawson is conventionally good looking - but he's douchy.

Nathan is one of the most unattractive people I've come across... because he's an asshole. If he come across as a kind person or with a wicked sense of humor that would make him attractive... but, he's not and he doesn't.

I have to admit I have always found Zach physically attractive, I don't mind chubby and he has nice dimples. personality wise they are all a no. 

Funnily enough Lawson I do no find as physically attractive since he lost his 'baby fat' in his face it just makes him look more douchy than normal. But I can still see how he is considered handsome. 

Nathan, I have to admit in the notorious wet shirt mud photos was at the height of his traditional "handsomeness" I do not know if his weight gain ( as I said i do not mind chubby) or the revelation of his dickhead personality makes him very unappealing he reminds me of a chubby version of the mad magazine guy. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Nathan, I have to admit in the notorious wet shirt mud photos was at the height of his traditional "handsomeness" I do not know if his weight gain ( as I said i do not mind chubby) or the revelation of his dickhead personality makes him very unappealing he reminds me of a chubby version of the mad magazine guy. 

He is unfortunate because his face only looks (relatively) attractive when he is thin. Other people has the opposite situation and look better with a fuller face. On top of that, his smile makes him look dumb (Kelton has the same problem and looks far better serious than smiling).

I know it's very BEC and probably nobody will be saying he is unattractive is he was a nice guy. 

I don't find Zach cute or handsome. Lawson is fine but overall all of them have the jerk look. The middle boys are cute but they will develop the Bates jerkness soon.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

All of the adult Bates sons just look like smug assholes, which might be one of the reasons they struggle to find fundie women willing to marry them. They are the sort of people you can look at and know immediately they are filled to the brim with toxic masculinity. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 12

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

All of the adult Bates sons just look like smug assholes, which might be one of the reasons they struggle to find fundie women willing to marry them. They are the sort of people you can look at and know immediately they are filled to the brim with toxic masculinity. 

I agree with you except for this one. I dunno maybe it’s the baby face and the sincere look he photographs with. He does look like a nice kid. He doesn’t seem to have the smarminess off the other boys. Of course I am solidly judging a book by its cover. 
so sad that it may be a matter of time when that all changes. 

4FD3272A-EB35-4369-A82A-4AE1BA616F1B.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Edit to add. I just realised he is not an adult. Sorry. Comment still stands he does look like a sweet kid. I hope if that is the case he stays that way.
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

29 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I agree with you except for this one. I dunno maybe it’s the baby face and the sincere look he photographs with. He does look like a nice kid. He doesn’t seem to have the smarminess off the other boys. Of course I am solidly judging a book by its cover. 
so sad that it may be a matter of time when that all changes. 

Isaiah does seem to have a very shy, sweet personality. But Trace used to be like that to and somehow he ended growing up into a douchebag that attends Trump rallies, so i would not have my hopes up.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

The fundie life puts men on a pedestal for no reason other than being born with a penis. It’s sad but it creates so many men with entitlement and smugness that oozes out of every pore. You would think that fundies would try to drive a little humility in them. Since I thought pride was a sin. 

• Upvote 13

By the way it seems to be confirmed Nathan and Esther will marry before Katie and Travis, since she used the hashtag #fallwedding in her last instagram post. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The fundie life puts men on a pedestal for no reason other than being born with a penis. It’s sad but it creates so many men with entitlement and smugness that oozes out of every pore. You would think that fundies would try to drive a little humility in them. Since I thought pride was a sin. 

Just look at Josh dugger. He is the worst of the worst. I think Zach isn’t as smug as the rest of the Bates boys. He held a real job for a long time, long time for a fundie that is. The job he held was a very humbling one, he had to help people from all walks of life. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Just look at Josh dugger. He is the worst of the worst. I think Zach isn’t as smug as the rest of the Bates boys. He held a real job for a long time, long time for a fundie that is. The job he held was a very humbling one, he had to help people from all walks of life. 

I legit have no idea what Josh Duggar would be proud of. He’s contributed nothing to this world. Yet here he is. Smug and entitled as hell. All because his parents propped him up on a pedestal as their first born and male heir. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

On 6/17/2021 at 11:40 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

Even in those early specials Josh would make those "jokes" and was intolerable. Given what we know now, it makes it even more disgusting. 

Zach seems less smug than his brothers. I might be projecting since my mom was the oldest of a smaller mega family, but I sort of read into his situation that he wanted out of the house fast. He probably remembers a time when there was not a boat load of babies and there was money for necessities. He probably also didn't want to be asked to contribute financially like his brother(s) (Lawson) had to do. 

Gil and Kelly Jo seem to expect the kids to work and/or go to school. Unlike the Duggars, they seem to actually follow through with the leave and cleave idea.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Even in those early specials Josh would make those "jokes" and was intolerable. Given what we know now, it makes it even more disgusting. 

Zach seems less smug than his brothers. I might be projecting since my mom was the oldest of a smaller mega family, but I sort of read into his situation that he wanted out of the house fast. He probably remembers a time when there was not a boat load of babies and there was money for necessities. He probably also didn't want to be asked to contribute financially like his brother(s) (Lawson) had to do. 

Gil and Kelly Jo seem to expect the kids to work and/or go to school. Unlike the Duggars, they seem to actually follow through with the leave and cleave idea.

I’ve always thought the oldest of large fundie families are the wild card. You never know. Some rebel and some are little replicas if their parents. 

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I agree, Zach strikes me as the less smug of the Bateseseseses boys.   Being the oldest, he's seem the full run from a small family that could provide enough to large family who struggled and end up relying on one of his brothers.

He also had his share of disappointments, I still think his broken courtship opened his eyes to the fact that his parents weren't always right.   While that can be a key thing to realize for a lot of people in general, it's got to be a pretty monumental realization for a fundie kid.   Fortunately because of his family's financial situation, he had to work which set the stage for him to meet his wife in a normal situation instead of within the fundie courtship construct.  I think, that beliefs aside, he's basically done well by not living like his fundie parents.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Esther has recently fried her hair, à la Jill Rodrigues. If she doesn't stop the extra blonde obsession, she will go bald! 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3

The filter on that pic, combined with Esther's bright blonde hair, makes it look like Esther is in a different lighting than Nathan - kinda makes it look like Nathan was photoshopped in.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

So do we think they're going to live in Tennessee or Pennsylvania? 

Tennessee. I feel like men get to pick in the Bates family. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

So do we think they're going to live in Tennessee or Pennsylvania? 

He was asked about this in one of the facebook lives, if i recall correctly he said they hadnt decide yet where they were going to live, but that they were planning to spend long periods of time overseas doing missionary work.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 12
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, llucie said:

He was asked about this in one of the facebook lives, if i recall correctly he said they hadnt decide yet where they were going to live, but that they were planning to spend long periods of time overseas doing missionary work.

Now I'm really curious where they'll end up. Foreign missions are a bad idea imo, and by foreign missions, I mean any mission where the biggest goal is to convert people. Genuinely trying to help people is different. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic