IGNORED

Justin and Claire 3: Always Beige

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

That's Hilary's youngest sister Jackie. 

BeeGees (or other 70s band) is 100% the best way to describe Jason in that pic xD

I think Claire's pregnant. I have since the pics/video of her at the trial. 

I have no Idea what "pregnant" looks like apart from a big bulgeing belly.... so I can't tell - but I would be very surprised if she wasn't after 10 months of marriage, at her age and in that cult... 

On the other hand - don't you guys think Claires Duggar-humping mother (is her name Hilary?) would be crowing it off the rooftops if her daughter was having a baby?

Edited by Hazelbunny
  • Upvote 6

I’m very glad Justin and Claire haven’t announced. Out of all the howlers, I hoped they would have the longest gap between marriage and first baby since they were just babies when they married. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 14

6 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

On the other hand - don't you guys think Claires Duggar-humping mother (is her name Hilary?) would be crowing it off the rooftops if her daughter was having a baby?

In normal times I’d agree. However after Justin’s ‘thumbs up and beaming smile’ after listening to testimony of how his brother enjoyed watching children being abused and tortured, I think even Hilary would wait for the dust to settle a bit before boasting about her daughter being pregnant by an immature uneducated idiot.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m very glad Justin and Claire haven’t announced. Out of all the howlers, I hoped they would have the longest gap between marriage and first baby since they were just babies when they married. 

Kendra was a teen mother, right? And didn’t Joy conceive as a teen too? And was Ben barely 20 too when SES was born? Claire will at least be 21- Is Justin 19 now? 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Kendra was a teen mother, right? And didn’t Joy conceive as a teen too? And was Ben barely 20 too when SES was born? Claire will at least be 21- Is Justin 19 now? 

Yes, Justin is 19 and Claire will be 21 in Feb. I hope Justin is at least out of his teen years by the time his first kid is born. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I know lots of people have babies when they’re still in their teens, but I feel doubly bad for the cult babies that are born to teenage parents.  They just lack some maturity because their brain isn’t fully developed.  (Not being mean, brains don’t reach full development until mid 20’s) 

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

I know lots of people have babies when they’re still in their teens, but I feel doubly bad for the cult babies that are born to teenage parents.  They just lack some maturity because their brain isn’t fully developed.  (Not being mean, brains don’t reach full development until mid 20’s) 

I hope my kids don’t get married or have kids before 25. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

On 12/28/2021 at 12:50 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope my kids don’t get married or have kids before 25. 

I hope that’s really just a statement about your children and no generalisation. 

In my experience most people even before the magical cut off of 25 are perfectly able to vote, drive and drink responsibly, hold a job and/or finance their tertiary education, life outside their parents house and handle bills, taxes, household, insurance and whatever. Most are doing so for years. I really really don’t understand where the idea comes from people u25 are not able to be fully functioning adults that also make life choices like marriage, pregnancy or abortion. It often enough seems especially those areas are looked up behind a “brain not fully formed till 25” barrier. Sorry, if that’s what people believe, they should raise the age of adulthood to 25 and not let those people drink, drive, vote or make important decisions about jobs and education as well.

@JermajestyDuggar sorry for the rant. I don’t want to jump on you specifically. It was just the right comment and the right time to make me explode here.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I hope that’s really just a statement about your children and no generalisation. 

In my experience most people even before the magical cut off of 25 are perfectly able to vote, drive and drink responsibly, hold a job and/or finance their tertiary education, life outside their parents house and handle bills, taxes, household, insurance and whatever. Most are doing so for years. I really really don’t understand where the idea comes from people u25 are not able to be fully functioning adults that also make life choices like marriage, pregnancy or abortion. It often enough seems especially those areas are looked up behind a “brain not fully formed till 25” barrier. Sorry, if that’s what people believe, they should raise the age of adulthood to 25 and not let those people drink, drive, vote or make important decisions about jobs and education as well.

@JermajestyDuggar sorry for the rant. I don’t want to jump on you specifically. It was just the right comment and the right time to make me explode here.

All my grandparents, aunts, uncles, parents, step parents, and siblings got married before 25. I’m the only one out of dozens of family members that didn’t. So I have a lot of experience watching those marriages. Some divorced and some didn’t. My boys aren’t particularly mature for their age. I just prefer they wait. Especially with having kids. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

47 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

In my experience most people even before the magical cut off of 25 are perfectly able to vote, drive and drink responsibly, hold a job and/or finance their tertiary education, life outside their parents house and handle bills, taxes, household, insurance and whatever.

I did it... But it doesn't mean I was mature enough. The stress when facing adult life, the mistakes I did and the naiveness (which put me in difficulties) were a reality under the façade of "independent young woman". I'm not saying people cannot vote or marry before 25, of course! But for years I thought people were fully developed at 18 and when I learned that it is really at 25, I understood a lot of things about me and my friends. We felt as if we had to drive a truck, while we were just ready for a car. We drove apparently fine, but the anxiety was too hard. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I married at 21 and had my first kid at 23, my second before I was 25. I’m proud of the job I’ve done parenting so far, and I love them with all my heart and definitely don’t regret having them, but I still don’t recommend my timeline. Adult decisions all have some level of permanence to the consequences, but none quite as lifelong as having children. I’ve changed career goals 3 times, moved house several times, made different financial decisions and had different friendships. I also left my ex-husband earlier this year, probably 5 years later than I should have. But he’ll be in my life forever because of our kids, and any other decision I make now, financial, career, even who to vote for, has to be done with their interests in mind. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 8

16 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Agreed! I was 23 and my husband was 21 when we were married. We had our own home and supported ourselves with no help. Maybe we were just really "mature" for being so young but 16 years later were still going strong. 

That being said though, we were not raised in a cult. I think Justin and Claire will have different struggles than my husband and I did. And they would likely never admit defeat if it's just not working out. 

Edited by Sullie06
  • Upvote 4

People mature at all different rates, partly based on personality, partly based on their environment. I have no problem with mature young people getting married/having kids etc. The problem I have is with young people getting married just because it’s the only way they can have sex. I know a lot of Christian families where the kids were all married between 19-21 ish got this reason.  This is so disturbing and wrong!  

Edited by Travelfan
Double post
  • Upvote 21

3 hours ago, Travelfan said:

People mature at all different rates, partly based on personality, partly based on their environment. I have no problem with mature young people getting married/having kids etc. The problem I have is with young people getting married just because it’s the only way they can have sex. I know a lot of Christian families where the kids were all married between 19-21 ish got this reason.  This is so disturbing and wrong!  

Agreed. And I also have a problem with them never having unchaperoned conversations or dates or texts etc. I don't think you get to know the real person if you're thinking "their parents are reading this!" or "her sister is ALWAYS here!" 
And if you want to "save" yourself for marriage - that's fine too - but never even getting to be alone with them or hold hands with them until you agree to marry them - and then to be expected to pop our kids the second you're legally wed ... just - ugh - talk about 0-90 in a millisecond...

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I’m sitting here thinking of crazy analogies to getting married to have sex. Imagine if you had to get married in order to drive a car. Or you had to get married to drink beer legally. Or you had to get married in order to have a kid. Oh wait, Christians already say that 🙄

• Upvote 11

I was about 11 when I asked my mom if a white wedding dress meant a bride had never been married before or had never had sex before.

She said that is supposed to be the same thing.  

I knew it wasn't despite not being allowed to watch Three's Company because it was so dirty.  Imagine my confusion when I finally saw it and it was literally about three people emphatically not having sex.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16

Did Justin move to the Spiveys to work and then become interested in Claire, or due he become interested in Claire and move there to ‘get to know her’.

Either way, at the time they still had a TV show and some commercial pull amongst like minded folk, so I can see the Spiveys encouraging marriage not only to prevent any scandal but to seal the deal, if they are feeding, housing and employing Justin the least they want is an Instagram influencer deal for Claire.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 7:57 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I was about 11 when I asked my mom if a white wedding dress meant a bride had never been married before or had never had sex before.

She said that is supposed to be the same thing.  

I knew it wasn't despite not being allowed to watch Three's Company because it was so dirty.  Imagine my confusion when I finally saw it and it was literally about three people emphatically not having sex.

When one of friends got married, she told us to pick out our own bridesmaid dresses as long as they were black, matte, and a line. Two of us grabbed lunch part way through and the server asked what we were doing. In response to our answer he said “is the bride wearing white? I bet it’s a lie”. Firstly, mind your own business buddy and secondly, she had waited until marriage. 

• WTF 8

• 2 weeks later...

In her instastory Claire is swapping recipes for a diet she claims to have done every January for 11 years. She’s 20 isn’t she? Why has she done a diet since she was 9??

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 10
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

In her instastory Claire is swapping recipes for a diet she claims to have done every January for 11 years. She’s 20 isn’t she? Why has she done a diet since she was 9??

A young lady must look pretty and skinny at all times in order to attract an unkempt husband in dirty jeans and trucker cap. Otherwise she might end up an old spinster! 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I saw that too.  And she's made multiple stories of whole diet friendly meals.  Sounds likes she's got some MLM to sell.  I'm willing to bet that Hilary does this every January for the past 11 years as well.  

• Upvote 7

@JMO I just assumed she was trying to launch a ‘Christian influencer’ profile on social media. The food pictures she posted were OK- by Duggar standards probably haute cuisine- but she needs to work on presentation and lighting. But she married a Duggar so probably now has the mindset of believing she is entitled to maximum reward for minimum effort.

• Upvote 8

I ran here to be sure I wasn’t the only one horrified. Yikes on bikes.
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic