IGNORED

Justin and Claire 3: Always Beige

Coconut Flan

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was watching a true crime show (because I watch way too much) and there was a story where a wife lost well over 100lbs through her workout class. She gained so much confidence and was happier with herself. Her husband ended up killing her. He wanted an overweight, depressed wife with no confidence. 

I watch and read so much true crime that I knew immediately you meant Heather from Tennessee. Yeah, sad case. Now two kids don’t have a mom & their dad’s in jail for life. 

On 10/19/2021 at 8:09 PM, marmalade said:

Was he Dudley Do Right? One of the Howlers posted reviews using that moniker.

I thought Canada was the land of sinful liberals with that government Healthcare that kills babies and puts old people on igloos!!

(Half Canadian myself and I realized we entered into the idiot version of the Twilight Zone back when alt rightest bros claimed they'd be moving to Canada/Australia/New Zealand when Obama won in 2008 and 2012.... hahaha have fun with GST, universal healthcare and a government that believes in science Duglets)

If anyone is interested, the Maintenance Phase podcast has a great episode about BMI and how it was never a great measurement and never designed to be used the way it is used.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Justin has an Instagram story up about a video coming from them tomorrow.  I'd bet its the wedding video.  I know that Gabenator had a post up a while ago about filming something for them

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, theotherelise said:

If anyone is interested, the Maintenance Phase podcast has a great episode about BMI and how it was never a great measurement and never designed to be used the way it is used.

I just recommend Maintenance Phase in general. 

On 10/21/2021 at 1:06 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

The difference between a spouse and a plain old best friend is the desire to get in their pants. 

Asexual here wanting to add that this, too, is not true.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8

I love the true crime shows, Paula Zahn is my fav tho. 

I can only watch the US or Canada ones, I freak out at the UK ones, its just too close to home lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ContrastingButtons said:

Duggar Data posted Justin and Claire’s announcement that they will release a “much-requested video” today.

Please let it NOT be a pregnancy announcement.  

https://duggardata.tumblr.com/

I’m not sure who’s requesting the video so much- Hilary, perhaps?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I’m not sure who’s requesting the video so much- Hilary, perhaps?

It could be something else, and not pregnancy related, but IDK…

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

Have we seen anything official about their new house?

Hilary said they recently bought a house to flip, implying the new house is it and they’re not living there.

Of the Duggar weddings, I preferred this one. It was smaller and more personal. They both looked cute and into one another. Do I wish they were dating while at Uni? Yeah. But it’s their life. 

Edited by Markie
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Markie said:

Of the Duggar weddings, I preferred this one. It was smaller and more personal. They both looked cute and into one another. Do I wish they were dating while at Uni? Yeah. But it’s their life. 

He, especially, looks so very young, no age or life experience on his face. I kept thinking this should be the two of them at Prom, enjoying their youth, having the time of their lives; not two teens with little education, making a life commitment they can barely comprehend. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Some thought:

Ok, it looked actually like a really nice wedding even for my heathen standards. I mean I guess they cut out everything that’s borderline weird for public access but also how the celebration afterwards looked. Funny groomsman jumping in the girls crowd to catch the bouquet …. it all looked so normal apart from some small things.

I found the relieved look after the ceremony quite funny. That’s exactly like most couples look when it’s over.

I cannot get over the prayer circle with the parents. I find this SO weird.

It also doesn’t really matter if there was obeying in those vows. Hilary will captain this ship (instead of JB for once). 😉

Was there no obligatory couple and parents all making out next to each other scene? I am relieved but also feel a bit deprived….

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 4

WHOSE were those sparkly wallabees? Were they Justin's wedding shoes? Like I am all for a metallic shoe but those were pretty heinous.

And I'd find Jackson catching the bouquet a bit more amusing if his brother hadn't been in a courtship at the same age (Jackson was 16 then and 17 now, Justin started officially courting Claire in September 2019 when he was still 16). Eep.

Besides this, it looked like a nice wedding, the video was well made, everyone seemed happy, the lack of Josh was refreshing. I know only some of the brothers were groomsmen but given TLC wasn't filming they might have chosen to include him if they'd wanted to. That or they edited him and fam out because they felt it wouldn't go down well with the fans, and that's fine by me too. They get the message, on some level.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

Besides this, it looked like a nice wedding, the video was well made, everyone seemed happy, the lack of Josh was refreshing. I know only some of the brothers were groomsmen but given TLC wasn't filming they might have chosen to include him if they'd wanted to. That or they edited him and fam out because they felt it wouldn't go down well with the fans, and that's fine by me too. They get the message, on some level.

I also think the more ''younger Duggars'' wedding we will see, the less Josh will be included in the wedding parties. The smaller kids are probably not even that close to him. Josh married in 2008 and thus left home when Justin was 6 YO. I doubt they are that close (thank goodness).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 15

All that money spent on a wedding just so two teenagers could have sex and not feel guilty about it...

• Upvote 11

Despite the fact that these two absolutely look like children who have no business getting married, this is quite a sweet, simple and classy wedding. Especially when compared to the tackstravaganza wedding of Nathan and Esther Bates (icymi - giant tiara, sky diving groom, horse drawn carriage, over dressed 90s flower girls). 

Also I always enjoy a David Waller sighting. 

• Upvote 19
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic