IGNORED

Justin and Claire 3: Always Beige

Coconut Flan

Maybe that accounts for the interest they took in Josh’s trial. Remember Mrs Spivey taking to social media to defend ‘thumbs up’ Justin?

• Upvote 5

I cannot imagine either set of parents actively encouraging them to wait before having children. If they didn't want them to have kids young, they wouldn't have married them so young. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Maybe that accounts for the interest they took in Josh’s trial. Remember Mrs Spivey taking to social media to defend ‘thumbs up’ Justin?

That explains a lot. And it's interesting that apparently the family lived in Arkansas, Little Rock, around 2015. I don't think that Rob was there alone without his family. When did they move to Texas? And how long has the Spivey and Duggar family been friends? 

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, xenobia said:

That explains a lot. And it's interesting that apparently the family lived in Arkansas, Little Rock, around 2015. I don't think that Rob was there alone without his family. When did they move to Texas? And how long has the Spivey and Duggar family been friends? 

I remember when Justin and Claire got engaged, they said their families had known each other for 20 years. This would have been two years before Justin was even born. I don't know when the Spivey's moved to Texas, but I think Justin started hanging around Texas and the Spiveys in the spring of 2019, and shortly thereafter, he and Claire started the getting-to-know-you stage. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, viii said:

I cannot imagine either set of parents actively encouraging them to wait before having children. If they didn't want them to have kids young, they wouldn't have married them so young. 

It feels icky that this marriage was so arranged. Claire was a pawn and Justin a problem that needed to go away. Whether or not they loved each other was of no consequence if this rumour is true. This may mean that while neither family would condone birth control, they may not actively encourage them to start the procreation engines yet either. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

It feels icky that this marriage was so arranged. Claire was a pawn and Justin a problem that needed to go away. Whether or not they loved each other was of no consequence if this rumour is true. This may mean that while neither family would condone birth control, they may not actively encourage them to start the procreation engines yet either. 

A baby would cement this marriage. If the marriage WAS arranged, there’s no way those parents aren’t actively hoping for a baby. 

• Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Who knows what they actually feel for one another. IBLP taught them to paste smiles on their faces regardless of circumstances. I hope they're at least compatible. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Wait, am I understanding this correctly? The Spivey "patriarch" knew what kind of a sick fuck Josh was, and yet he married his teenage daughter off to Josh's brother. No. No, no, no.

• Upvote 6
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, Kiki03910 said:

Wait, am I understanding this correctly? The Spivey "patriarch" knew what kind of a sick fuck Josh was, and yet he married his teenage daughter off to Josh's brother. No. No, no, no.

Although I am not in favor of patriarchs being in any kind of position to 'marry someone off' I don't think the crimes of Josh should be hold against his brother.

Flirting (and maybe kissing?) with other girls is not anywhere near the same level and actually a healthy way to deal with teenage urges.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

26 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Although I am not in favor of patriarchs being in any kind of position to 'marry someone off' I don't think the crimes of Josh should be hold against his brother.

Flirting (and maybe kissing?) with other girls is not anywhere near the same level and actually a healthy way to deal with teenage urges.

I agree that Justin shouldn't be punished for Josh's crimes, but the family situation would make me nervous at the least. Say Josh wasn't in prison: I wouldn't want my daughter's eventual children around him.

I'm not sure what your second paragraph refers to, though. I don't know as much about the Duggars as many of you. Was Justin suspected of breaking the purity rules? If so, poor kid. Flirting and kissing are absolutely healthy and normal.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

I agree that Justin shouldn't be punished for Josh's crimes, but the family situation would make me nervous at the least. Say Josh wasn't in prison: I wouldn't want my daughter's eventual children around him.

I'm not sure what your second paragraph refers to, though. I don't know as much about the Duggars as many of you. Was Justin suspected of breaking the purity rules? If so, poor kid. Flirting and kissing are absolutely healthy and normal.

Thats what I read in this thread. I thought you were referring to the fact that is discussed that both Josh and Justin were 'married off' for similar reasons: because JB saw they were acting out on their urges (in their own way) and needed a wife to fulfill their 'needs'.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Thats what I read in this thread. I thought you were referring to the fact that is discussed that both Josh and Justin were 'married off' for similar reasons: because JB saw they were acting out on their urges (in their own way) and needed a wife to fulfill their 'needs'.

Ah, got it. I apologize for causing any confusion. Poor Justin. And poor Claire.

Edited by Kiki03910
  • Upvote 2

I'm a little confused as to why anyone thinks the Duggar parents would encourage any of their married children to not get pregnant for any reason; they're quiverful—babies at any cost for God's political army. I don't know if the Spiveys are quiverful, but they are IBLP Christians, so I can't see them discouraging a pregnancy for any reason either, as long as the couple is married.

• Upvote 8

Carry on here:

• Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic