• Love 1

31 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Continued from here:

Forgotten, beige, boring.  Poor Justin.

At least he got the good hairline

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

Realistically, I don't think that any Duggars besides Jill will change their beliefs in a significant way. (Hopeful, but don't believe it.) Therefor, since the change we want to see probably won't happen, the best we can hope for is that they stay quiet and limited on social media. That way they can only bother those they see in real life.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

Realistically, I don't think that any Duggars besides Jill will change their beliefs in a significant way. (Hopeful, but don't believe it.) Therefor, since the change we want to see probably won't happen, the best we can hope for is that they stay quiet and limited on social media. That way they can only bother those they see in real life.

I think many of them, especially the younger ones, will change one belief, the thought that BC is evil and unnecessary. Aside from Joe and Kendra, none of the G-2 Duggars are reproducing at JB and M rates. Plus as much as I disagree with most everything that JB and M stand for, they did take care of many young kids all by themselves and with not a whole bunch of frills or excess money. They had to work, something pretty foreign for the G2 young families. I think JB and M were much more tenacious than any of their own kids. Would Ben and Jessa or Joe and Kendra be willing to live with 14 kids in a 3 bedroom fixer upper, with one parent out working every day? No free cars, houses, trips or fancy electronics?  I doubt it.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Aside from Joe and Kendra, none of the G-2 Duggars are reproducing at JB and M rates.

JB and Michelle were not average. They were particulary fertile and in addition, they were focused in reproduction (having sex the fertile days etc). A couple with average fertility plus having sex on ramdom days, won't have 19 children, despite not using birth control. 

I think some Duggars will use natural BC and even barrier methods. But even if they don't, very few of them will have children every year like Michelle.

Jessa had a "big" gap between Henry and Ivy, but a smaller one between Ivy and the miscarried baby. Joy has had 3 children in a short period of time. They may be choosing that, but also they may be quiverful and genuinely giving up to God. Anna is having more, Kendra will not stop and Claire will be Kendra 2.

I think JD and Josiah will announce soon. But I wouldn't be surprised if them and Jinger have little families. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

JB and Michelle were not average. They were particulary fertile and in addition, they were focused in reproduction (having sex the fertile days etc). A couple with average fertility plus having sex on ramdom days, won't have 19 children, despite not using birth control. 

I think some Duggars will use natural BC and even barrier methods. But even if they don't, very few of them will have children every year like Michelle.

Jessa had a "big" gap between Henry and Ivy, but a smaller one between Ivy and the miscarried baby. Joy has had 3 children in a short period of time. They may be choosing that, but also they may be quiverful and genuinely giving up to God. Anna is having more, Kendra will not stop and Claire will be Kendra 2.

I think JD and Josiah will announce soon. But I wouldn't be surprised if them and Jinger have little families. 

Let's not forget JB and M had 2 sets of twins which helped boost the numbers. So far, luckily, none of the Duggar kids have had twins.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

If you look at other QF families in their circle, a loft of them have max 10 children. 

Keller: 8

Caldwell: 9 (so far)

Swanson: 9 (so far)

Spivey: 6 

Bontrager: 10

Bower: 9

Waller: 10

etc..

It's no coincidence the Bateses and Duggars have their own shows: they are even rare in their own circle.

• Upvote 44
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

At least he got the good hairline

Honestly, I think he's too young for us to know this for sure!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Birth control being evil and unnecessary is not what the actual belief is, though. That's what they say, but the underlying motivation and belief is that they need to have as many kids as possible in order to populate America with a large voting bloc, in order to establish a theocracy, or, at least, the dominance of the hyper-conservative religious right in politics. This is the essence of what Quiverful is, not just that 'birth control is bad, ergo lots of kids'. 

True. But no matter what the reasoning, the entire plan all relies on endless supplies of money. There’s a reason cults generally die out in the second generation. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

When will they spawn a family singing/touring group like every other fundie family seems to?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

When will they spawn a family singing/touring group like every other fundie family seems to?

I think if TLC hadn’t shown up with cash and benefits the Duggars would have had a music ‘ministry’ . They’ve always pushed their musical prowess & still do performances- the boys singing, the girls CD and of course there’s Jana the concert pianist ?. If they hadn’t got the show I think they’d have ended up grifting from churches like the Rodrigues. 

• Upvote 22
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

I don't know if someone else saw it but on Reddit people claim that Justin and Calire see back from honeymoon and living in Texas apparently he has sold the flipping home and the paperwork they sign says they are in Tx 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

That might be beneficial for Justin. At the TTH he is one of what, 40-something 2nd and 3rd gen kids and at the Spivey house he is one of 7 children.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I suspected they would stay in TX. He’s spent a lot of time with them and joined their church. He also wore a Spivey Construction shirt in pics with his brothers...

• Upvote 22
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

That might be beneficial for Justin. At the TTH he is one of what, 40-something 2nd and 3rd gen kids and at the Spivey house he is one of 7 children.  

I can understand why Justin prefers being with the Spivey's, Hilary is overbearing but she has cared for Justin better since he has been with them than his parents did since he was a baby. In the first special he was 1 and as soon as Jackson was born, he was barely noticed again on the show until he announced his courtship with Claire. 

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I suspected they would stay in TX. He’s spent a lot of time with them and joined their church. He also wore a Spivey Construction shirt in pics with his brothers...

God, how suffocating. But then, he hasn't really got married in order to gain independence per se. He's done it to switch families.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I can understand why Justin prefers being with the Spivey's, Hilary is overbearing but she has cared for Justin better since he has been with them than his parents did since he was a baby. In the first special he was 1 and as soon as Jackson was born, he was barely noticed again on the show until he announced his courtship with Claire. 

I wonder if he feels that overbearingness as experiencing parental love and care for the first time.  Sometimes when people have not been able to get their needs met, when they experience the opposite extreme it can feel really good for a while.

• Upvote 28
  • Love 2

On 3/9/2021 at 3:16 AM, Melissa1977 said:

All of that, plus to the oldest kids especially, having 8 or 10 kids wouldn’t seem AS chaotic and overwhelming as it would to regular people. Especially if they are arriving every 2-3 years, so if Jessa has 10 kids - and they are Spurgeon 23, Henry 22, Ivy 20, Current Bun 18, -  then say - 15, 12, 10, 7, 5 and then surprise!  baby in her 40’s — that’s very different than Michelle and a baby every 14 - 18 months for two decades. Especially if you were caring for huge numbers of siblings from the time you were a little girl. 

I think Anna, Jessa and Kendra are most likely to have large numbers without ANY real birth control - although I think Jessa and Ben would do a casual kind of NFP. They are currently the ones who seem to be most enmeshed in the kind of Christian groups who believe family planning is wrong. 

Joy and JD and maybe Justin seem more involved with the hunting, fishing, good ol boy, MAGA crowd, who might share most religious and social beliefs - but definitely don’t have gigantic families, and take steps to prevent it. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

All of that, plus to the oldest kids especially, having 8 or 10 kids wouldn’t seem AS chaotic and overwhelming as it would to regular people. Especially if they are arriving every 2-3 years, so if Jessa has 10 kids - and they are Spurgeon 23, Henry 22, Ivy 20, Current Bun 18, -  then say - 15, 12, 10, 7, 5 and then surprise!  baby in her 40’s — that’s very different than Michelle and a baby every 14 - 18 months for two decades. Especially if you were caring for huge numbers of siblings from the time you were a little girl. 

I think Anna, Jessa and Kendra are most likely to have large numbers without ANY real birth control - although I think Jessa and Ben would do a casual kind of NFP. They are currently the ones who seem to be most enmeshed in the kind of Christian groups who believe family planning is wrong. 

Joy and JD and maybe Justin seem more involved with the hunting, fishing, good ol boy, MAGA crowd, who might share most religious and social beliefs - but definitely don’t have gigantic families, and take steps to prevent it. 

10 kids is very, very different from 19 kids. Michelle had 10 boys AND 9 daughters. It’s really mind numbing.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I don't know. I think Papa Forsyth maybe wanted a big family and that's why he and his first wife got divorced. He and his 2nd wife could only have two. One of his daughters is having her sixth. I think Joy & Austin are being encouraged to have as many kids as possible by both sides.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I don't know if someone else saw it but on Reddit people claim that Justin and Calire see back from honeymoon and living in Texas apparently he has sold the flipping home and the paperwork they sign says they are in Tx 

I saw that the property sold on the 8th for $195k. Do the Spiveys believe in mortgages? Because the DFW housing market is a far cry from AR. No way they could find a place for under $200k.

• Thank You 3
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

I don't know. I think Papa Forsyth maybe wanted a big family and that's why he and his first wife got divorced. He and his 2nd wife could only have two. One of his daughters is having her sixth. I think Joy & Austin are being encouraged to have as many kids as possible by both sides.

Between his four kids,, Papa Forsyth is about to be a grandfather to 16 so yeah. I definitely don't think he would have a problem with Austin and Joy having a dozen kids. And they are probably in the best position to give him a dozen grandkids because Joy's so young.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Between his four kids,, Papa Forsyth is about to be a grandfather to 16 so yeah. I definitely don't think he would have a problem with Austin and Joy having a dozen kids. And they are probably in the best position to give him a dozen grandkids because Joy's so young.

Scary. I just can’t see Joy with that many, “big” for most people - 6-8 over time, sure. But who knows. If she does go big I could definitely see her getting Johanna or another little sister to come be her full time helper until she’s married off.
 The problem too with any of our numbers speculation is unless they say something - any number of kids and spacing - whether high, low or erratic - could be them trying every month, leaving it up to God and random sex, NFP or a barrier method with a few oops babies 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

. But who knows. If she does go big I could definitely see her getting Johanna or another little sister to come be her full time helper until she’s married off.

Johanna will be married off way before Joy gets to 8 kids.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic