IGNORED

Justin and Claire 3: Always Beige

Coconut Flan

10 minutes ago, Smee said:

Well look I’m Christian AND queer so I think it’s clear rainbows belong to ME.

Fair enough, but I'm not paying for viewing rights. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

10 hours ago, Smee said:

Well look I’m Christian AND queer so I think it’s clear rainbows belong to ME.

Well I went to Catholic shool (and university), am a lesbian and work for the NHS (in the UK rainbows were a big thing during lockdown for the health service to the point my work hoodie has a rainbow on it)! All the rainbows for me please. 😂

As an aside, I don't get the problem really, the rainbow flag isn't a 'proper' rainbow, it only has six colours and it's a flag shape. I don't think I've ever seen christian imagery like that, it tends to be an actual rainbow, doesn't it? 

Also rainbows definitely belong to nature and, you know, light refraction and science. And have been used for all sorts

• Noah in Genesis
  • Norse mythology 
  • Columbian gods
  • Tibetan mythology
  • Greek mythology
  • Leprechauns
  • used in heraldry
  • pride flag
  • peace flag
  • flags in Peru about Inca culture (flag of Cusco)
  • 16th century german peasant war
  • international cooperative alliance flag
  • on and on and on

So actually to add to my list above, I did ancient Greek at school, live in Ireland, would quite like Peace and have been to Cusco. SO many reasons for everyone to have rainbows. Also they are just cool

• Upvote 16
  • Love 3

On 6/4/2023 at 11:18 AM, medimus said:

Also rainbows definitely belong to nature and, you know, light refraction and science. And have been used for all sorts

• Noah in Genesis
  • Norse mythology 
  • Columbian gods
  • Tibetan mythology
  • Greek mythology
  • Leprechauns
  • used in heraldry
  • pride flag
  • peace flag
  • flags in Peru about Inca culture (flag of Cusco)
  • 16th century german peasant war
  • international cooperative alliance flag
  • on and on and on

Translated into fundie:

Noah in Genesis   God!

Norse mythology   Satan

Columbian gods   Satan

Tibetan mythology   Satan

Greek mythology   Satan

Leprechauns   definitely Satan

used in heraldry   ok for white nationalism

pride flag   SATAN! SATAN!

peace flag   Satan

flags in Peru about Inca culture (flag of Cusco)   Satan

16th century german peasant war   unclear but rebelling against authority so probably Satan

international cooperative alliance flag   Satan

on and on and on

I mean maybe they should give up on the rainbow as it clearly belongs to Satan 😅

• Haha 26

On 6/1/2023 at 8:24 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

What an idiot. Rainbows can’t belong to anyone. They are water mist and light you doof. 

E0669648-2307-4FCC-8DA6-C834A13B49D0.jpeg

I was like who? Skittles?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

• 8 months later...

Apparently Justin and Claire got miniature horses for Christmas. (Or maybe they just visited some? I can't see all the comments on their public Instagram account.)

Screenshot_20240301-090600_SamsungInternet.jpg.cc408da19e642a63246aab344889db8e.jpg

Edited to add -- Apparently the link I put is Claire's account. This one is Justin's. 

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
Edited to add...
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Apparently Justin and Claire got miniature horses for Christmas. (Or maybe they just visited some? I can't see all the comments on their public Instagram account.)

Screenshot_20240301-090600_SamsungInternet.jpg.cc408da19e642a63246aab344889db8e.jpg

I think they own them since the Pecans replied:

Wow! You really went all out, Justin! Way to love your wife and make one of her dreams come true!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

Loving that Claire's dreams seem to be miniature horses over children.  How many years marriage has it been?

• Upvote 26

7 minutes ago, imokit said:

Loving that Claire's dreams seem to be miniature horses over children.  How many years marriage has it been?

They just had their 3rd anniversary 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

They just had their 3rd anniversary 

What?!! Wow how time flies!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Interesting that they have been married for 3 years & no children yet. But I’m happy to read that. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I am doubly thrilled that they haven't had children yet when I remember how young they were when they married.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

Love the miniature horses. They are gorgeous. I also love that they are not tied to JB and seem to be rejecting the quiverful movement. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Love the miniature horses. They are gorgeous. I also love that they are not tied to JB and seem to be rejecting the quiverful movement. 

Not so fast. They're still tightly close with the Spiveys and attend David Waller's IBLP church. No, David doesn't work for them anymore, but he's still a true believer. Those are the influences of Justin and Claire. 

• Upvote 15

It could also be that the absence of children is not their choice and the horses are actually some sort of way to fill a hole in their lives.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8

I agree it's been too long for a voluntary childfree time. I doubt they considered BC at all when they married, but even if they used it at the beginning because they felt too young to be parents, it's been 3 years, now they are not too young for fundie standards and the social pressure for reproducing must be strong. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

It could also be that the absence of children is not their choice and the horses are actually some sort of way to fill a hole in their lives.

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I agree it's been too long for a voluntary childfree time. I doubt they considered BC at all when they married, but even if they used it at the beginning because they felt too young to be parents, it's been 3 years, now they are not too young for fundie standards and the social pressure for reproducing must be strong. 

Yep. With all the IBLP influences in their lives, not having kids by now would seem to indicate some kind of fertility trouble.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 7

Some fundies do hold off on kids until they've achieved specific goals re education, work etc. It's not impossible that this is what Justin and Claire are doing. Especially given Justin's extreme youth at the time of marriage. I do think he got married for the sort of reasons most mainstream kids go to college - to be further from his family and to be his own headship. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

Could it be that Claire’s father laid down the law and said no kids before x age? I know some families in the olden times used to make such rules when their kids married young. 

• Upvote 2

It is none of my business but I would love to know the backstory on Justin’s move to Texas. How did he end up with the Spivey’s? Was he moving away from JB’s religious beliefs and they married him off to whatever girl whose dad was willing to sell her for the Duggar name? Did he and Claire already know each other? Inquiring minds want to know lol. 

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

It is none of my business but I would love to know the backstory on Justin’s move to Texas. How did he end up with the Spivey’s? Was he moving away from JB’s religious beliefs and they married him off to whatever girl whose dad was willing to sell her for the Duggar name? Did he and Claire already know each other? Inquiring minds want to know lol. 

the rumored story is that Justin was one to get around meaning kiss and date a bunch of girls. And also not one to follow Jimbob's rules. So like usual, Jimbobs solution is for Justin to get married so he can have sex within the walls of marriage. The spiveys were friends with the Duggars and really wanted to be married in and follow the Duggars rules. Supposedly Hilary wanted Jason, but Jimbob was only giving up Justin so they took him. Supposedly Claire and Justin dated for 2 years before getting married and within the first year of dating Justin was seeing other girls beyond Claire. That's until his dad made him buckle down and commit to Claire whose obsessed with Justin. He now works for Claires dad. and are Saving money by living in a rv on the spices property and buying and flipping houses.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

50 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

He now works for Claires dad. and are Saving money by living in a rv on the spices property and buying and flipping houses.

Could they be not having children until they move into a house? If so, did a Duggar just do something financially responsible?! 

• Upvote 2

There was a rumour going around a Facebook group about two years ago that Claire's father was an ATI supervisor at the rehabilitation program the Duggars sent Josh to because of the initial molestation crimes. Has anyone here heard that rumour and knows how it got started? I've never seen it mentioned anywhere outside of that Facebook group, not even on Reddit, unless I missed it.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

There was a rumour going around a Facebook group about two years ago that Claire's father was an ATI supervisor at the rehabilitation program the Duggars sent Josh to because of the initial molestation crimes. Has anyone here heard that rumour and knows how it got started? I've never seen it mentioned anywhere outside of that Facebook group, not even on Reddit, unless I missed it.

I also remember hearing this, so I did some quick internet sleuthing. And yes. It seems to be correct. 

A quote from the article linked below. The article quotes and comments on Michelle&JB's interviews with both the police and Megyn Kelly. The Duggar parents confirm that Josh was sent to a rehab program. 

“We pulled him out [of the home], and he went through working with that man"

“This man really reached his heart.”

So what faciliy and what kind of work, you might ask? 

"He was running a little training center in Little Rock Arkansas. And under the roof of that training center, you had Little Rock police department on one side, and you had a prison ministry on the other. And he said Josh would come down there and actually do some construction work with him and he would counsel him and work with him and hopefully get him straightened out".

Interesting. So who was this man? 

“Gothard’s presence here [in Little Rock] can be tracked to his friendship with former Little Rock Mayor Jim Dailey, whose idea it was for Gothard to create a facility in Little Rock to promote faith-based products. . . . 

“Dailey said he’d called Gothard to get an update of what was happening with the training center. The training center. . . employs seven people, director R.T. Spivey said. It serves the chaplains in the IBLP’s PAL prison program. 

Ta-da! 

You can read more here: 

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2015/06/jim-bob-and-michelle-duggars-interview-with-megyn-kelly.html

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic