IGNORED

2020 Election Results 11: Domestic Terrorists And An Eternity Until Inauguration

GreyhoundFan

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Parler going under would be terrible, just terrible. 

Cancel culture isn't real. JK Rowling claims to have been canceled many times, yet here she still is, spreading her transphobic nonsense to millions of people.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Looks like Apple is considering banning Parler  from the app store

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/apple-threatens-ban-parler

I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, yeah, people go there to receive validation for their own hateful ideas and things just escalate from there. On the other hand, if the FBI ever became interested in monitoring right wing extremism and preventing future acts of domestic terrorism, all they'd need is a couple of agents with strong stomachs to monitor Parler 24/7. 

Thoughts?

• Upvote 11

Just now, TuringMachine said:

Cancel culture isn't real. JK Rowling claims to have been canceled many times, yet here she still is, spreading her transphobic nonsense to millions of people.

No argument. I found the more interesting bit to be the Parler can't survive this.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Black Aliss said:

I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, yeah, people go there to receive validation for their own hateful ideas and things just escalate from there. On the other hand, if the FBI ever became interested in monitoring right wing extremism and preventing future acts of domestic terrorism, all they'd need is a couple of agents with strong stomachs to monitor Parler 24/7. 

Thoughts?

My thought is Law Enforcement and Parler users are one and the same. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 8

4 minutes ago, meep said:

My thought is Law Enforcement and Parler users are one and the same. 

I agree that pretty much every law enforcement agency needs a good housecleaning.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

35 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

He who controls the language controls the debate.

We need to start renaming things and ideas.  I refuse to entertain "cancel culture".  It's just a way for people to complain that it's not fair that we're making them stop saying nasty, bigoted things out loud.  This is just the same as "politically correct".  I understand that there might be some few examples of that, but mostly it's used to excuse rudeness.  As in:  "it may not be politically correct but I think..." and then the person continues on to say something bigoted or homophobic or misogynistic or whatever.

We need to reclaim the language.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 14

Hey moron don't wear your work badge when attempting a violent overthrow of the United States Government;

He doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the BT shed.  I hope the FBI is going to chat with him soon.

Oh and orange dipshit tried to use the official POTUS account for Trump Brand Dumb-Fuckery.  That didn't last long; 

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

No argument. I found the more interesting bit to be the Parler can't survive this.

In November, Parler had 10 million members.  I would suppose they've gotten a big jump lately.  Let's say they've gotten up to 20 or more million.  Twitter has 330 million members.  Trump will suffer.  And if Apple won't allow a download of Parler, they won't add many more members.  Baby Donny has lost a huge audience.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Xan said:

We need to start renaming things and ideas.  I refuse to entertain "cancel culture".  It's just a way for people to complain that it's not fair that we're making them stop saying nasty, bigoted things out loud.  This is just the same as "politically correct".  I understand that there might be some few examples of that, but mostly it's used to excuse rudeness.  As in:  "it may not be politically correct but I think..." and then the person continues on to say something bigoted or homophobic or misogynistic or whatever.

What's the distinction between "cancel culture" and a boycott?  Isn't it all a variation of "put your money where your mouth is", ie support the businesses that you, uh, support, and not the ones you don't?

I can't grasp the magnitude of entitlement (or whatever else it is) that causes people to think they are OWED people's support or endorsement, to the degree that when someone makes it public where their money isn't going, they think it's something to complain about!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Twitter says fuck face won't be allowed to get around the ban with other accounts;

Twitter will enforce its policy against ban evasions to ensure that Trump does not circumvent his personal account's suspension, the company told CNN.

"If it is clear that another account is being used for the purposes of evading a ban, it is also subject to suspension," Twitter said in a statement. "For government accounts, such as @POTUS and @WhiteHouse, we will not suspend those accounts but will take action to limit their use. However, these accounts will be transitioned over to the new administration in due course and will not be suspended by Twitter unless absolutely necessary to alleviate real-world harm."

Twitter's policy would also prohibit Trump from directing a third party to operate a Twitter account on his behalf.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

He will attempt to make his own version of Twitter but it will go the way of Trump Steaks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Xan said:

Can we start with "pro-life"? It is far more accurate to describe the majority of self-proclaimed pro-lifers as "anti-choice"

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 20
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, Xan said:

In November, Parler had 10 million members.  I would suppose they've gotten a big jump lately.  Let's say they've gotten up to 20 or more million.  Twitter has 330 million members.  Trump has lost a huge audience.  And if Apple won't allow a download of Parler, they won't add many more members.  Baby Donny has lost a huge audience.

I briefly considered signing up for Parler just to squat on my handle (yeah I know pleasant mental image) and keeping some BT fuck stick from using it.  Oh well, don't need another account and it sounds like Parler is gonna make a one way trip to the virtual sewage treatment plant.

Just now, Black Aliss said:

Can we start with "pro-life"? It is far more accurate to describe the majority of self-proclaimed pro-lifers as "anti-choice"

That's one thing that knocked that whole house of cards the Roman church built in my head down from me was seeing how little the reich to life cared about human life.  Hell if the mother was not white and wealthy they didn't even really care about the unborn then. 

• Upvote 9

23 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I can't grasp the magnitude of entitlement (or whatever else it is) that causes people to think they are OWED people's support or endorsement, to the degree that when someone makes it public where their money isn't going, they think it's something to complain about!

You're exactly right.  We've been pushed over so far to the extreme right that now people think they're owed a platform and ought to be able to use the system, sell books, produce programs, etc. even if the majority does not agree.  They don't.  We have freedom of speech but no one is entitled to have their book published.  And any company can kick you off their online platform if they want.  Freedom of speech isn't being violated.  These people are just being reminded that they're jerks and nobody wants to listen to them.

13 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Yes.  Anti-choice.  The pro-life label has always bothered me.  Either call it anti-choice or forced-birth.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

Another soon to be handcuffed piece of shit

“I’m all over the news now,” said Josiah Colt as he recorded a selfie video after exiting the Capitol, where, he breathlessly reported, he “hopped down into” the House chamber and plopped into the seat of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, whom the rioter referred to as a “treasonous bitch.”

Colt, a 34-year-old Idaho resident, was first photographed dropping into the House chamber from the visitors gallery. He then sat in the House Speaker’s chair and raised his right fist in triumph.

The twice-divorced Colt, who will surely soon be arrested by federal agents, is identified by Washington, D.C. cops as a person of interest in connection with yesterday's “unlawful entry” into the Capitol building.

Colt is pictured at right in a 2012 mug shot taken by the Ada County Sheriff’s Office following Colt’s conviction for resisting or obstructing police. He was sentenced to 60 days in jail and placed on unsupervised probation for one year, according to court records.

Gee I wonder why he's twice divorced?   Maybe because he's such an incredible cannon of douche.

Edited by 47of74
linky linky
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

And TeamTrump has also gone on a one way trip to the prayer closet.

After permanently suspending the @realDonaldTrump account late Friday, Twitter also moved to suspend the @TeamTrump account. This followed a series of tweets quoting Donald Trump, and an altered image of the Twitter logo. 

Approximately 45 minutes before the Trump campaign account was suspended, a Twitter spokesperson confirmed that if Donald Trump tried to tweet elsewhere those accounts would be removed as well.

Twitter also suspended Trump's digital director Gary Coby, who renamed his account after the president.

Coby tried to offer his account for Caligula II to use.  I wonder if they also are watching to see if any account creation requests are coming from known Caligula devices and IP addresses.  I imagine there's metadata in the database that they can use to stop him from setting up more accounts.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

I just want to say thank you to FJ, for being a wonderful, safe place to process this madness. I love you guys ❤️❤️❤️

• I Agree 2
  • Love 32

10 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

And TeamTrump has also gone on a one way trip to the prayer closet.

Coby tried to offer his account for Caligula II to use.  I wonder if they also are watching to see if any account creation requests are coming from known Caligula devices and IP addresses.  I imagine there's metadata in the database that they can use to stop him from setting up more accounts.

I imagine there are at least two people at Twitter right now. One is a staffer who is watching certain IP addresses and Twitter handles. The other is a member of the senior staff who is agreeing, "yeah, kill that one." 

Twitter seems all in on not letting its platform being used by Trump to foment insurrection. I've seen some people on Twitter saying Too Little, Too Late, but until the evidence started coming out on Wednesday that the President tried to prevent the orderly transfer of power, I think I agree that Twitter shouldn't have banned him.

There are ways to get around the IP address problem. But they are far beyond the ability of most people to implement it. I wouldn't want to tackle it myself, and I have enough technical background I could probably figure it out. A demented tyrant with who is having psychotic break is not going to be able to do it.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

I’m not surprised he’s joined Parler but it certainly terrifies me. 

eta, I’ve also considered joining to see if a couple of my family members have joined. At this point they’re so out there it wouldn’t surprise me and I would like to know. Still not enough to join it, but I wish I knew. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Update on that terrorist in Des Moines - he's been fired too.

KCCI has confirmed that Doug Jensen, of Des Moines, is a former employee of Forrest & Associate Masonry in Des Moines. President & CEO Richard Felice told KCCI Jensen was a laborer at the masonry company. He has worked there for at least a few years. Felice said the company does not agree with the actions of their employee. On Friday, the company announced that Jensen has been let go.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 6

45 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I’m not surprised he’s joined Parler but it certainly terrifies me. 

eta, I’ve also considered joining to see if a couple of my family members have joined. At this point they’re so out there it wouldn’t surprise me and I would like to know. Still not enough to join it, but I wish I knew. 

I’ve also considered joining, however I think you have to give a real name. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Zip tie guy has apparently been identified. He was attending the insurrection with his mother. I swear, no Hollywood producer would accept this script. If it wasn't so horrible it would be hilarious. I won't post his name because there are multiple people with that name and until/unless the FBI arrests him and his mother a wrongful accusation could be damaging. 

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12

A number of professors from my school signed this statement from ACS.

Of course when they announced it on Facebook a number of conservatives immediately got all butt hurt about how the school is not supporting "diversity of thought" - which to them apparently means agreeing with everything Republicans do no matter how illegal or immoral.

• Upvote 14
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 7

36 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

He was attending the insurrection with his mother

I am just... with his mother?! How old is this guy? 

• Haha 19
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic