IGNORED

2020 Election Results 11: Domestic Terrorists And An Eternity Until Inauguration

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Well, usually when I get caught up in the moment, it is hitting the gas pedal a little bit to hard and going over the limit.. Am I doing something wrong here? I have not yet learned to teleport myself to another part of the continent.. :(

As Anya said on Buffy the Vampire Slayer

”Who knew teleportation Isn’t a right, it’s a privilege. 
Came back to correct my post  I got the quote backwards  

?

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, The Mother Dust said:

Hi all, is there a thread here on FJ that discusses "our" fundies reaction to the Capitol invasion?  Or are those scattered within this thread? Edit to ask - or are those mostly being kept in their respective family threads..for example...Bates family reactions in the Bates thread....maybe this is a dumb question, haha.  I'm just really curious about "our" fundies reactions to this event.   Thanks ?

I don’t believe there is a central thread for what you were asking. I do know that the Bowers Bontrager‘s, Jill  Rodrigues father as well as Trace & Lawson Bates were there.  You might check Fundie Scandals 

39 minutes ago, smittykins said:

One small positive for me:  thanks to this shitshow, I learned a new word:  foment.  I literally had never heard it before until Wednesday.

I heard  that word listening to Hannity back in my fundie light phase.  

Edited by clueliss
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

Am I the only one who wants VA benefits cut off for military and ex military who participated in the insurrection?  

I personally think they should all be recalled to active duty and tried under the UCMJ. None of them were ever released from the oath they took at enlistment. Then they lose EVERYTHING....retirement, VA bennies, medical, etc. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

Something I thought to look up this morning was whether our incoming President golfs and how good of a player he is.

President-elect Joe Biden does, in fact, play golf. When he was Vice President under President Barack Obama, Biden practiced on the putting green Clinton had moved and re-installed at the White House grounds so the golf-obsessed Obama could work on his game in quiet moments.

While living at home in Delaware, Biden has played golf at two area clubs where he is a member: Wilmington Country Club, which he joined in 2014, and Fieldstone Golf Club, which is also in Biden's home city.

In fact, in the days leading into the election, Biden took to Wilmington Country Club to play golf and relax a little bit before the biggest day of his political life. A video circulating on social media showed Biden swinging on the 10th hole at Wilmington Country Club, followed by a worker at the course's halfway house panning to a club bill for a hot dog and showing Biden's signature on the check.

Biden can play. During the Obama administration, Golf Digest listed Biden as carrying a 6 handicap index and among the best golfers in the political community in Washington, D.C. In 2018, when Biden last entered a round in the USGA GHIN handicapping system, Biden was a 6.7 index.

Sounds like he's decent at the game and doesn't cheat like someone else I could mention.  And no won't be seeing him spend a 1/4 of his Presidency on the course.  And probably when he does play he'll do what President Obama did and play at courses on military installations instead of his own properties.

• Upvote 16

@WiseGirl is that video of the cop being crushed into the door? Because what disgusts me is these fuckers were all blue lives matter’s all over the place all year long and now they’re shutting the police and trying to hurt them really?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 16

@cluelissyes it is. They really are trying to hurt the police.  My guess is they didn't think many of the officers would actually do their job.  Fucking assholes they all should have been rounded up and charged that day instead of allowed to leave.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 13

I think that image on the left is gonna be one that sticks with Forrest & Associates for quite a while.

YouveGotBranded.thumb.png.b1b8d798a8c58949b3ac697798cdda21.png

• Upvote 16

17 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I find it calming that the United States will have a president who is able to finish a complete sentence again.

THAT. So much that. I'm still impressed every time Biden speaks, in his ability to speak well and as a person who has some education and some control over what comes out of his mouth.

• Upvote 14

While I absolutely agree with you guys, that it is reassuring that Biden can control what he says and has the ability to provide with reassuring messages etc..

Isn't it a bit of a sad statement that people are impressed with the fact that their next president is able to finish a sentence? what a low bar..

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

Our bar is so low that “isn’t banned from every major social media website “ is a step up. It is rather sad. 

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Isn't it a bit of a sad statement that people are impressed with the fact that their next president is able to finish a sentence? what a low bar..

I don't think people are impressed that he can speak coherently, but rather they are giving voice to their relief and the recognition that Biden is giving them a sense of normalcy again. After four years of Trump (five if you count his presidential run) and his chaos and his incitement of violence and sedition, it is a welcome balm for the pain and anxiety they've suffered. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 13

For me, it’s that his speech pattern is so much gentler and has a calming effect on me rather than the constant, nerve wracking yelling tone combined with wtf is coming out of his mouth now that we have endured for five years.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

17 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Yes - but it's early enough that it makes me realize that every time Trump spoke, I realize I was mentally holding my breath and clutching my fists in fear of what was coming next.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 12

Also, Biden isn't a white supremacist ringleader so that's gotta count for something.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, apple1 said:

Yes - but it's early enough that it makes me realize that every time Trump spoke, I realize I was mentally holding my breath and clutching my fists in fear of what was coming next.

I couldn't listen. I was clenching my teeth every time I heard him speak.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Doesn't the President's physician have some responsibility to let others know when his patient has lost his marbles in a way that poses a public risk?

Another one who should lose his license over this, IMO.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 15

3 minutes ago, apple1 said:

And trying to figure out how nearly 40% of Americans were agreeing with and applauding his messages. Like the woman screaming at Lindsay Graham in the airport, “it was rigged” over and over again. The psychology of brain washing and indoctrination fascinates me. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

Also, the psychology behind not being able to handle losing. Who are these folks? In life, one loses far more than they ever win, and everyone does lose. How do adults (Trump aside) exist in this world with such limited coping mechanisms? Maybe they flock to Trump because he’s figured out a way to claim he’s a winner despite always seeming to lose? The majority of those past lawsuits pretty much ended up in the L column, right? 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

I am impressed the the major platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Google, Apple) seem to be taking the "in for a penny, in for a pound" when it comes to deplatforming seditionists. Cynics are saying that they are worried about what the new administration and Congress might do to Section 230 rules, but I think, like a lot of Americans, the Capitol insurrection was a bridge too far. And I bet they had a lot of lists compiled and programs written to allow them to start pulling the plugs once senior management gave them the go ahead. 

I once read that the low level staff responding to Facebook abuse reports were getting Traumatic Stress from some of the stuff they had to look at. 

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Also, the psychology behind not being able to handle losing. Who are these folks? In life, one loses far more than they ever win, and everyone does lose. How do adults (Trump aside) exist in this world with such limited coping mechanisms? Maybe they flock to Trump because he’s figured out a way to claim he’s a winner despite always seeming to lose? The majority of those past lawsuits pretty much ended up in the L column, right? 

In the land of the blind, one-eye is king.

(Dutch proverb)

• Upvote 14

That's not his wife (her twitter bio confirms this).  The woman in the video is a comedian.

Florida Man's wife is a doctor.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 15

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic