IGNORED

M Is For Mama 8: She Really Is Awful

nelliebelle1197

19 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Dig tbey get 6 puppies or is their dog not fixed?  

Purposefully bred the dog. I hope the shit on her rugs. The youngest child, looks so sad :(

• Upvote 11

IF I had a kid like Braggie who just kept breeding, you're damn right I'd leave the area/state/country. I love my children. I love my grandchildren...however, it is understood that I will not raise those grandchildren in any way shape or form barring a major catastrophe. Hell, I barely babysit. I have retired from being a parent (well...parent to small ones). 

Braggie's mom is crazier than she is...

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

So a few days ago Braggie posted in a story that she's voting Trump because he's pro life (among other things). You think she knows the covid drugs he's taking was created using stem cells? You think she cares? Probably not. "Pro life" people never seem to actually care about babies. It's all about punishing women.

They often use this as a reason not to vaccinate. TAM and Lisa Metzger both talk about aborted babies being in vaccines. But it’s just a convenient excuse for them. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, SuperNova said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2020-10-06-11-46-21.png.c63bd95d10b60ccf5820c2513dadb0cb.png

I wish this woman would go away and quietly raise her children. Theo, Honor, and Shiloh look miserable, especially Honor who looks 110 percent over it. Abbie herself is looking pretty rough. 

I left out the accompanying text that is the usual warmed over shit about how amazing it is that she hates kids but here she is, a mother of many and just loving every single second. Her kids are rad, she's writing a book, blah, blah, blah. She seems hyper-focused on telling everyone that everything is wonderful but a few days back she was talking about post partum. It feels like she's trying to convince herself that everything is grand. 

She always bitches about Honor (his horrible birth and more importantly, at least to her, her ptsd from the delivery), his insolent attitude and behaviors etc.). She also has a hard on for one of the older twins who gives her attitude/sass. She has also complained about her oldest daughter being too gentle and kind; very unlike Abbie herself. I get it. Lots of people are not hardwired to easily handle the noise, mess, pace of large numbers of children (me for one). What is criminal is a person with the knowledge of such and the means to prevent it, yet still keeps pumping them out. WHY? What sane reason is there to keep doing this? WHO benefits?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

The amount of times she eats out is starting to really bug me.  Not because I care what people do with their money, but because a) she feeds her kids gross turkey meatloaf doused in ketchup and then eats gourmet pizza and sandwiches and such herself, and b) she never takes any of her kids along.  With the amount she and Shaun spend on their date nights and her constant "treats", they could take the whole family out to eat at least twice a month.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

9 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

The amount of times she eats out is starting to really bug me.  Not because I care what people do with their money, but because a) she feeds her kids gross turkey meatloaf doused in ketchup and then eats gourmet pizza and sandwiches and such herself, and b) she never takes any of her kids along.  With the amount she and Shaun spend on their date nights and her constant "treats", they could take the whole family out to eat at least twice a month.  

I hate taking my kids to restaurants but we get takeout. There’s no reason why she can’t order takeout for the kids. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

To me kids are ‘babies’ until 2-3. I don’t know how old the second- and third- youngest are - Honor and Theo, right? - but they certainly look like very young children- one of them still has a pacifier, even! The reason they’re trying to get in her lap is because they *belong* there. Little kids still like - and need! - cuddles from their parents, hugs from their parents, attention from their parents. (Big kids need them too, but they may object to the cuddling.) Does she not know that, or does she not care?

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

The one with the pacifier is Shiloh, who is not yet 2.  Then Honor, then Theo.  I have started to think of Theo as the forgotten child.  He is almost never mentioned or singled out in any way.

<<<Does she not know that, or does she not care?>>>

The latter.  She has shiny new babies to objectify, pimp out for product placement and garner new IG followers...who needs the old baby?

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

Theo is 5, Honor is 3, Shiloh is 1, and then twin newborns.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 5
  • Thank You 2

So in the last 14 days, her mother has watched 7/10ths of Abbie’s kids for the majority of time. In addition, she’s taught Co-op English ( yeah, yeah, she got paid), planned and prepared all the fixings for a joint twin birthday party, shuttled kids around, prepared meals for Abbie’s family for 2 weeks, and brought some of said meals to Abbie’s rural home. She likely also cared for puppies during this time. Now some 60+ YOs could handle all of this, but Abbie’s mom doesn’t even look healthy. All of this has to be taxing for her. Or maybe, like Trump, she’s on the roids....?

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, feministxtian said:

IF I had a kid like Braggie who just kept breeding, you're damn right I'd leave the area/state/country. I love my children. I love my grandchildren...however, it is understood that I will not raise those grandchildren in any way shape or form barring a major catastrophe. Hell, I barely babysit. I have retired from being a parent (well...parent to small ones). 

Braggie's mom is crazier than she is...

First thing my parents told my sister (who was the first among their children to have kids). Was simply this “we will babysit, we will help on occasion but we will not raise your children unless something tragic happens”. Being a sane person my sister and her husband understood the point being conveyed. My parents had done their child raising work and their retirement is theirs.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

On 10/5/2020 at 7:21 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think she vaccinates either. She picks and chooses what she wants from drs.

While I'm glad she sought medical attention during the pregnancy and birth I kind of hope this picking and choosing extends to not seeking medical attention for herself when she is sick. It really annoys me when you have people refuse to listen to medical advice for their children but who go to the ER when they themselves are sick.

On 10/6/2020 at 2:43 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Ok FJ. Here we go. Braggie is 38 .... who's calling #11 at or just before 40?

Pregnancy announcement in about a year?  What's the over/ under?

I'm on record as announcing #11 over Labor Day 2021

If Shaun actually decides to exercise some bodily autonomy the twins could be the last ones. He... didn't look thrilled in the pregnancy announcement. He is also responsible for their conception and parenting - and frankly if he doesn't want more children he needs to stand up and do something about that.

• Upvote 9

If Shaun does want to be done at 10 and doesn’t stand up to Braggie, then he’s a coward. Actually getting a secret vasectomy when he’s on a work trip would be cowardly but smart. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, SunnySide said:

First thing my parents told my sister (who was the first among their children to have kids). Was simply this “we will babysit, we will help on occasion but we will not raise your children unless something tragic happens”. Being a sane person my sister and her husband understood the point being conveyed. My parents had done their child raising work and their retirement is theirs.

I love my grandchildren and I love being grandma...NOT a parent. Yes, there are times I correct the 8 year old...but it's been discussed with her parents where the boundaries are. I don't interfere at all even when I disagree with their choices. Those choices are not mine to make and even though I might choose something different, it's no longer my issue to deal with. I will spoil, snuggle, hug, cuddle, take shopping, out for the day, feed junk food, go to all school things and soccer games, but I will not parent. I'm done with that. My "baby" is 30. I'm retired from active motherhood. Yes, my kids still seem to seek mom's input and advice but they have to ask first...I don't just shoot off my mouth. IF I feel something is urgent, I will talk to said child regarding whatever it is, but quietly, privately and watching my tone of voice...I am NOT the final authority anymore. They're grown and have to live their lives...mistakes and all. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 6

On today's episode of strangely pointless humblebrags, Abbie sings the praises of having the dimple gene. Her new playthings both have dimples, too! This is one of those things that as a family you take notice and admire but seriously, no one else gives a shit about.

On an unrelated note, I have nails that are thick like seashells and my grandma had them, too! It skipped my mom though and that's weird. My daughter got them but she keep her nails short because of her job. See? See how dumb that sounds?

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-10-08-12-19-02.png.714f5926f6399f3171a5138f1007b844.png

• Upvote 6

ALL my children resemble me (and I look just like my father). My grandchildren resemble me. Baby A (who is half Mongolian) looks just like my baby pictures. Yes, it's fun to see and when people recognize it, it's a laugh. HOWEVER...it's an accident of genetics...I have NOTHING to do with it other than I reproduced. 

Dimples are cute AF but whatever Braggie...taking credit for an accident of genetics? 

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

On today's episode of strangely pointless humblebrags, Abbie sings the praises of having the dimple gene. Her new playthings both have dimples, too! This is one of those things that as a family you take notice and admire but seriously, no one else gives a shit about.

On an unrelated note, I have nails that are thick like seashells and my grandma had them, too! It skipped my mom though and that's weird. My daughter got them but she keep her nails short because of her job. See? See how dumb that sounds?

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-10-08-12-19-02.png.714f5926f6399f3171a5138f1007b844.png

I told you guys she would call Titus Ty. I didn’t think she would go with Ti-Guy. That’s corny.  My father in law has one dimple. That got passed down to my my son. You’re right. We are the only ones who care. No one else does.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I told you guys she would call Titus Ty. I didn’t think she would go with Ti-Guy. That’s corny.  My father in law has one dimple. That got passed down to my my son. You’re right. We are the only ones who care. No one else does.

They call Shiloh Shi-Guy. Won't there be confusion? Then again they also call him Shi-Bear so maybe they'll stick with that. Or she could stop forcing lame sounding nicknames and call them by their actual names instead.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

They call Shiloh Shi-Guy. Won't there be confusion? Then again they also call him Shi-Bear so maybe they'll stick with that. Or she could stop forcing lame sounding nicknames and call them by their actual names instead.

I bet she will stick with Shi-Bear to keep it less confusing. I guess it’s good she doesn’t call Simon Si-guy. 

• Upvote 2

Disclaimer: I am in a bad mood so I'm totally being BEC here.

Three things I noticed in that post:

1. Once again, singing the praises of one of her golden children ("Simon is the dimple king").

2. Once again, trying to lump both sets of twins together ("Evy and Nola have mirror dimples")

3. STOP IT WITH THE SLANG AND THE STUPID NICKNAMES FOR THE LOVE OF RUFUS AND ALL THINGS BEANSIE

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Shiloh Marie.

• Haha 8

If anyone ever finds the place where Abbie admitted to NFP, please let me know. I like compiling her awful beliefs, for whatever reason.

The only thing I can find is from her blog where she's pretty adamant that "trusting the Lord" has to apply to everything including family size and her mom only had two kids because of fertility/other issues: http://misformama.net/category/birth-control-or-lack-thereof

But I am absolutely willing to believe she does some NFP (though doesn't seem very good at it?!) because she's a hypocrite who hates kids. Show me the poop!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

If anyone ever finds the place where Abbie admitted to NFP, please let me know. I like compiling her awful beliefs, for whatever reason.

The only thing I can find is from her blog where she's pretty adamant that "trusting the Lord" has to apply to everything including family size and her mom only had two kids because of fertility/other issues: http://misformama.net/category/birth-control-or-lack-thereof

But I am absolutely willing to believe she does some NFP (though doesn't seem very good at it?!) because she's a hypocrite who hates kids. Show me the poop!

It was on her Instagram stories. Which go away after 24 hours unless she saves them. I don’t believe she saved it on her insta.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PopRox said:

3. STOP IT WITH THE SLANG AND THE STUPID NICKNAMES FOR THE LOVE OF RUFUS AND ALL THINGS BEANSIE

SHE CAN'T! ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!

We will forever be reading about dimpled #twinsies holding #twinbies while Abbie drinks ho-cho sitting on her Anthro couch. Meanwhile the rad kids will be doing the cooking.  Also keep in mind that #hardisnotthesamethingasbad.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 14

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic