IGNORED

M Is For Mama 8: She Really Is Awful

nelliebelle1197

23 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Also! Look how young Abbie looked in 2017. These last few years have really aged her (yes, yes, BEC).  Also, remember that time she briefly gave a shit about Honor? Good times.

http://misformama.net/2017/01/honors-birth-story-part-2.html

Shaun looked much younger three years ago too. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Also! Look how young Abbie looked in 2017. These last few years have really aged her (yes, yes, BEC).  Also, remember that time she briefly gave a shit about Honor? Good times.

Omg. I hadn’t read any of her birth stories before.  And I don’t think I’m going to change that trend.  I’m not even going to read part 1 of this saga.   That was insufferable. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

WTF did I just read? Something about socks and straddling the toilet, a breathing machine, threat of physical harm, and then water birth. Abbie is a nut. She does look much younger and so does Shaun. He actually had a little spark in his eye back then. The last few years have not been kind to Ma and Pa Halberstadt.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

If anyone ever finds the place where Abbie admitted to NFP, please let me know. I like compiling her awful beliefs, for whatever reason.

The only thing I can find is from her blog where she's pretty adamant that "trusting the Lord" has to apply to everything including family size and her mom only had two kids because of fertility/other issues: http://misformama.net/category/birth-control-or-lack-thereof

But I am absolutely willing to believe she does some NFP (though doesn't seem very good at it?!) because she's a hypocrite who hates kids. Show me the poop!

http://misformama.net/2020/04/1-in-23-million.html

She talks about it in this post specifically. She calls it spacing techniques and was trying not to be pregnant for their Europe trip. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I know she had a lot of kids even then, but how the hell long does it take her to sort socks? 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, katilac said:

I know she had a lot of kids even then, but how the hell long does it take her to sort socks? 

If I had that many kids, we would stick with a bunch of white socks and that’s it. Plain white socks that boys and girls can share. She could make her life easier in plenty of ways. But she’s a mommy martyr so she wants to make her life harder.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, katilac said:

My brother and SIL have 3 girls, and right now have 3 foster children. The amount of socks in their house is overwhelming. Clean socks are left in baskets for the most part. I suspect it would take hours to match and fold each pair.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Kailash said:

My brother and SIL have 3 girls, and right now have 3 foster children. The amount of socks in their house is overwhelming. Clean socks are left in baskets for the most part. I suspect it would take hours to match and fold each pair.

When I was a nanny for a family of seven, the mom of the family almost kissed me when I matched the giant laundry basket full of socks that hadn’t been matched for months. You would think it was Christmas for her.

• Haha 19

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I had that many kids, we would stick with a bunch of white socks and that’s it. Plain white socks that boys and girls can share. She could make her life easier in plenty of ways. But she’s a mommy martyr so she wants to make her life harder.

Same, though I might go with gray or better - lots of colors and prints to mix - instead of white. The dirt here is red clay, so the white ones would end up orange.

Although TBH, I've worn socks myself only once in the last 7 months or so. And as a kid I spent most summers wearing sandals or Keds without socks (or barefoot, whenever possible). Now that it's getting cooler I'll break out the socks again I guess - I have three hand-knit pairs and the rest are a mishmash. I've started getting packs of deliberately mismatched colorful print socks so I don't have to pair them.

I'd do whatever to avoid having to deal with matching socks. But I'm not a mommy martyr.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

How about sticking the socks, sorted by color, in washing bags? I know some people who have a dedicated bag for each family member. Kids throw their dirty socks into their laundry bags, and the bags go right into the washer and dryer. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or like the Duggars, white socks for the girls and black for the boys.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Or like the Duggars, white socks for the girls and black for the boys.

They even have gendered socks! Lol! I often wear my husband’s socks. If I had a mix of girls and boys, I would probably just buy a bunch of white socks everyone wore. 

• Upvote 5

Are there unisex socks? All the socks here are gendered. 

As for plain whites, most of my socks are white, but they don't match. They have different textures and sometimes a band of color. Of course I've thought about scrapping the lot and starting over with the same brand. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Are there unisex socks? All the socks here are gendered. 

As for plain whites, most of my socks are white, but they don't match. They have different textures and sometimes a band of color. Of course I've thought about scrapping the lot and starting over with the same brand. 

Just because something is found in the girl’s section or the boy’s section doesn’t mean it has to be gendered. There are plenty of plain white ankle socks that most people would have no idea if they were from the boy or girl section. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, SuperNova said:

WTF did I just read? Something about socks and straddling the toilet, a breathing machine, threat of physical harm, and then water birth. Abbie is a nut. She does look much younger and so does Shaun. He actually had a little spark in his eye back then. The last few years have not been kind to Ma and Pa Halberstadt.

My favorite part was when her friends told her to drink during labor so she went to the store and bought a bottle of moscato.

• WTF 8
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, indianabones said:

My favorite part was when her friends told her to drink during labor so she went to the store and bought a bottle of moscato.

Are you kidding?

I’ve only heard of midwives suggesting wine during labor. I’m not saying all midwives do. But I’ve never heard a dr suggest it. 

• Upvote 3

On the sock front: there was a trend among my Guides (like Girl scouts, age 10-14) to wear mismatched, patterned or bright coloured socks. It looked great and I have ever since wondered why we have to wear matching ones. We could all be more Dobby-like and never have to match socks again.

I do think though, that all white or black socks makes matching them harder (paradoxically) because unless you buy the exact same brand everytime, they will be slightly different and over time they will wash to slightly different shades. Much easier to get patterend socks which are clear!

• Upvote 4

WAIT, I could have been slurping vino during those 30 hours? Who knew? Apparently Abbie did.

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

How about sticking the socks, sorted by color, in washing bags? I know some people who have a dedicated bag for each family member. Kids throw their dirty socks into their laundry bags, and the bags go right into the washer and dryer. 

I was thinking something similar. If I had a passel of kids everyone would have their own mesh laundry bag to put their dirty sock in. I wash just about everything except sheets and towels on cold anyway (mostly for environmental reasons). When the bags come out of the dryer every kid can match and fold their own socks.

• Upvote 2

She’s on her high horse tonight. Kids are great and don’t impact your life or marriage  at all. What she failed to say is her mother and in-laws are also parents to her kids and do much of the heavy lifting. I can see why she is a Trump supporter. She’s a bullshitter too.

Just now, SassyPants said:

She’s on her high horse tonight. Kids are great and don’t impact your life or marriage  at all. What she failed to say is her mother and in-laws are also parents to her kids and do much of the heavy lifting. I can see why she is a Trump supporter. She’s a bullshitter too.

Quoting myself...Jesus doesn't like liars, Abbie.

• Upvote 10

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Quoting myself...Jesus doesn't like liars, Abbie.

Her kids sure have impacted her life. Everything she hates in life has to do with her kids. She hates pregnancy, cooking for a big family, cleaning up after a big family, twins, varicose veins, teaching classes while pregnant, gaining weight, toddlerhood, preschool age, and teaching piano to her kids. Is she delusional? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic