IGNORED

M Is For Mama 8: She Really Is Awful

nelliebelle1197

Titus makes me think of a cross between the Maxwells and cannibalism. Definitely not on my shortlist (for pets, since I’m happily child free).

• Haha 3

I know I shouldn't be surprised at all, but I checked Abbie's stories over the weekend and was just amazed at the parade of people they had through their house to see the babies RIGHT after they got home from the hospital. There were cousins, her parents, one of her friends, etc. AND Evy and Nola have already had to share a birthday cake with the boys- I believe I saw a cake with an "8" candle and a "0" candle. Looks like the girls ended up having two birthday parties, which is nice. I doubt that will happen in the future.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 1

2 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

I know I shouldn't be surprised at all, but I checked Abbie's stories over the weekend and was just amazed at the parade of people they had through their house to see the babies RIGHT after they got home from the hospital. There were cousins, her parents, one of her friends, etc. AND Evy and Nola have already had to share a birthday cake with the boys- I believe I saw a cake with an "8" candle and a "0" candle. Looks like the girls ended up having two birthday parties, which is nice. I doubt that will happen in the future.

I’ve watched special entitled Braggie enough to not be surprised like this. She thinks she’s protected by god because she’s super special. She doesn’t think she will ever get covid. 

• Upvote 5

She also posted a family pic at their front door with Simon and Ezra each holding a "twinbie." Any other family it would be sweet, but in Braggie's we know it's the opposite. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

My favorite television show and special interest for a number of years was The West Wing. In one episode there is some background shown about Toby Ziegler and the night of his birth is shown with his father, an Eastern European Jewish mob boss who just offed some people, happily telling a friend as they sit in a dark car about his newborn son, “Tobias. Lee-tle Toby.” So that’s what I think of when I hear Tobias. 
and Titus is definitely the Kimmy Schmidt character.

I don’t see the part where she talks about who came to see them or the pics of the birthday party, maybe she took them down? I just see the front door picture.

and if I had identical twins even if one was bigger than the other I would be absolutely *terrified* of mixing them up and would definitely leave the hospital bracelets on, or paint one toenail of on twin, or something, until they were old enough to know their own names. I’m fairly faceblind though so I mix people up constantly (or I did, when I saw people in person) and I hate it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

She also posted a family pic at their front door with Simon and Ezra each holding a "twinbie." Any other family it would be sweet, but in Braggie's we know it's the opposite. 

She was also hiding behind her girls because she has a postpartum tum tum and the gram can’t see that!! She is so vain and predictable. Oh, but she’ll have a post soon about loving her new bod and that Jesus blessed her with children so she’s ever so grateful for the rolls. Then, she’ll go crazy on losing the weight and exercising like a mad women. Cue another post on eating well and exercising right after birth because it’s her jam. But, it’s ok if us faties can’t do it.

• Upvote 14

On 9/25/2020 at 4:08 PM, SuperNova said:

Abbie didn't even wait a single day before dressing them up and shoving a camera in their faces. Why can't she just enjoy her new babies? Why is Shaun okay with this?

Not gonna lie, if I had a baby I'd have one of my sisters in the room with a camera, and my own "good" camera with me to take photos with as soon as I felt up to it - and they'd definitely be on my Facebook, Insta, that Tumblr I never look at anymore, etc. Y'all here would see them within a day or two also, most likely. And I would have super-cute carefully chosen going-home outfits and handknit hats made with the good yarn, and stuff like that.

I'm past that point, for the record. But yeah, I'd be posting pretty quickly. Babies are cute, people like to see babies, and if she didn't post about them she'd be getting a barrage of "OMG is everything OK?!?!?!" messages, most likely. She's crazy and snarkable, but I'm not opposed to sharing photos of new babies quickly. Most people I know have done so (in a less carefully curated fashion). 

On 9/25/2020 at 4:53 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Although before the internet, people did send out birth announcements in the mail that usually included a picture of the baby. (At least some of them did). I think it depends. I can't blame people for wanting to share that they had a baby/babies with the whole world. It's the huge photo dumps later and posting intimate details (for example, anything to do with diapers/potty training) that annoy me. 

Yep, this. 

On 9/25/2020 at 10:05 PM, mysweetetc said:

So, being a baby name nerd, I belong to several Facebook name-shaming groups. Several of these groups are very vocal about the cultural appropriation of certain baby names by people not entitled to use them. Asher comes up often, as it is very trendy. The overwhelming consensus seems to be that it is an exclusively Jewish name (Cohen, Esther, and Rachel are some other examples), and that it is in very bad taste for parents not of the faith to use it.

See, this is strange to me. This is literally the first time I have ever heard that Asher is a Jewish name. And Esther and Rachel have been used by people who aren't Jewish for literal centuries. I love the name Asher and actually used it for one of my dolls. He's not meant to be Jewish, but I could make him be I suppose...

On 9/26/2020 at 10:13 AM, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I think ppl saying Christians can't use Jewish Biblical names is ridiculous. Christians have been using biblical names forever. The Old Testament is half their holy book! I can see an argument for not using Yiddish names if you don't speak Yiddish but overall i think appropriation applies to things that make money. 

I agree - Christians and Jews share a large part of religious heritage, so saying only Jews can use names from that shared heritage and literature is pretty strange, IMO. 

14 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Saints are either Christians or people with strong connections to the early church and they're people who have performed miracles. A person needs to have something miraculous to become a saint. I grew up Catholic I know all about saints. 

I think what we have here is a difference between the Catholic use of the word "Saint" (I understand that to mean someone who has been canonized and performed miracles) and the Protestant use of "saint" which isn't used that often but when it is it generally means "somebody we think went to heaven when they died" more or less. Like "today we remember all the saints who came before us..." said at a service of remembrance. No miracles or canonization required.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 5

Regarding cross ethnic names...IF my mother had gotten hold of the birth certificate paperwork when I was born I would have been named (many Spanish names) + (very German last name). Instead I got generic first/middle and German last name. When people combine cultural naming traditions, it's possible that one parent is from one culture/ethnicity and the other parent is from another, and they are trying to combine the two to honor both. Now I have a generic Irish last name...however, if we had had a child, I would have honored my cultures in naming that child. Think Carl Jose generic Irish last name. 

• Upvote 5

Asher is the name of one of the original 12 tribes of Israel, so...yeah, it's pretty Jewish. 

I'd never encountered it outside of the Bible until a few years back when I met someone with a son named Asher (Baptists).

• Thank You 3

4 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Asher is the name of one of the original 12 tribes of Israel, so...yeah, it's pretty Jewish. 

I'd never encountered it outside of the Bible until a few years back when I met someone with a son named Asher (Baptists).

Good to know, thanks!

I'm still keeping it as my doll's name. It's been in fashion for at least 15 years now for the general public, I think.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I had forgotten about the tribe name, I was thinking of "My name is Asher Lev" by Chaim Potok. 

13 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Not gonna lie, if I had a baby I'd have one of my sisters in the room with a camera, and my own "good" camera with me to take photos with as soon as I felt up to it

Yeah me too. Photos everywhere more than my sisters here as they live outside the 5km radius... but that would be one of the reasons I'd be posting them. No visitors? No problem, here is my gorgeous baby. Heh. 

• Upvote 4

The babies had an appointment in Dallas- so obvi Shaun and Abbie took them out to a restaurant. I can see people at at least two of the tables next to theirs and the tables don't seem super spaced out. The babies are not even a week old....?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 16

46 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

The babies had an appointment in Dallas- so obvi Shaun and Abbie took them out to a restaurant. I can see people at at least two of the tables next to theirs and the tables don't seem super spaced out. The babies are not even a week old....?

Abbie is one of the most entitled selfish people on all of FJ. That’s quite a feat. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 14

We are traveling cross-country post picking up a puppy in KY(go Amy M. For senate)! We rented a motor home and have eaten every meal and snack in the vehicle. She is a complete narcissist. Plus, she got herself away from all those other kids, particularly the whiny toddlers. She is going to put her mother in an early grave. Wonder if she also had an appointment for her vein? 

• Upvote 9

Not that I ate in sit down restaurants a lot before, but I have not even once since the pandemic started. We were going to do an outdoor seating at a restaurant for my birthday, but then the AQI was in the unhealthy zone that day.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, mhainlen said:

I wonder why the babies had an appointment in Dallas.  

If I was a betting woman, I’d say the boys’ birth and this appointment were all perfectly orchestrated. I think the appointment was likely for Abbie’s vein “assessment”. I think her OBGYN likely told her, well in advance of the birth, to pick a date during the 37th of her pregnancy, so she chose the girls’ BD for gram and book content. She would have likely received a referral from her OB for the vascular doc, and she scheduled that appointment in advance too, knowing that Shaun would be around for driving and restaurant needs. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Is there an award for Most Awkward Product Placement? Twins and hard things and God's glory - and, man, this sweatshirt sure is comfy! ?

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think her OBGYN likely told her, well in advance of the birth, to pick a date during the 37th of her pregnancy, so she chose the girls’ BD for gram and book content.

This, this, a thousand times this.  No matter what she says, I will believe that she chose those poor girls' birthday on purpose to further her own chances of whatever twisted "fame" she thinks she has from her IG and upcoming book.  

Her writing skills are piss-poor and there are umpteen thousand evangelical mommy books on the market clotting the $1 section at Mardel and CBD.  I hope she fails spectacularly and ends up with boxes and boxes of books cluttering up her cavernous barn full o' anthro. :martian-disgust:

• Upvote 16

I'm moving from a general dislike of Abbie to out and out disgust. Today she plunges ahead with her plan to remove the individual identities of her sets of twins.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-10-01-15-57-54.thumb.png.1cce8cb519d3c5c33c23e6ded12f641d.pngScreenshot_2020-10-01-15-58-12.png.23c235eb549cdf337b1748811e0638f9.png

The phrase, 'twinsies holding the #twinbies' makes me want to gouge my eyes out. What must it feel like to be one of the singletons right now? My heart goes out to all the children, the twins for being actively exploited for their mother's Instagram account and those that aren't currently special enough to be featured. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 13
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Can she ever mention her twins without talking about how much she prayed not to have them? Stop saying it Braggie! It’s shitty that you always bring it up publicly. 

• Upvote 12
  • Angry 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

She might as well begin now telling her daughters to their faces she didn't want them, prayed  and begged not to have them ... twins are so hard ya'll.

Those girls are going to be aware soon enough that those sentiments are all over social media. Tell them now so it won't be a shock later.

Oh... who am I kidding, I'm sure Braggie has said it to Evy and Nola since they were old enough to understand words.

Right there with you @SuperNova and I'm not going to the prayer closet over it.

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

I'm moving from a general dislike of Abbie to out and out disgust.

• Upvote 7

I think it’s so bizarre to give a “hint” that things got “cray” at the end.  Why do we need a hint? Is there a pop quiz on her birth story?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I only glance at Abbie’s stuff occasionally because I just can’t with her, but I happened to see in her stories that she has a “nasty head cold.”  Perhaps a little social distancing and masking might have prevented that, and here’s hoping it actually is just a cold.  For the sake of her kids.  As far as I’m concerned she deserves an uncomfortable case of Covid.  

Spoiler

555FE026-1EBD-4858-A2F4-B362EE371FFF.thumb.png.a1eb930c8dc214af40fb5efafe623cef.png

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, mhainlen said:

I think it’s so bizarre to give a “hint” that things got “cray” at the end.  Why do we need a hint? Is there a pop quiz on her birth story?

She said in stories that they had to turn one of the babies internally. That does make for some birth drama - and I say drama because I expect we will be hearing about it for the long haul. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic