IGNORED

M Is For Mama 8: She Really Is Awful

nelliebelle1197

Shiloh is probably being taken care of by one of his brother dads. I wonder if Braggie has even held him since she's had the twins. My guess is no. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Shiloh is probably being taken care of by one of his brother dads. I wonder if Braggie has even held him since she's had the twins. My guess is no. 

She said in a story several days ago that she found it "funny" or something similar that Shiloh and Honor crawl on her lap whenever she puts the twins down. I wanted to smack her through my phone screen. It's not funny or cute, it's NORMAL for young kids who've just gotten a new sibling, yet no empathy for them in her caption whatsoever. 

• Upvote 23
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, EmiSue said:

She said in a story several days ago that she found it "funny" or something similar that Shiloh and Honor crawl on her lap whenever she puts the twins down. I wanted to smack her through my phone screen. It's not funny or cute, it's NORMAL for young kids who've just gotten a new sibling, yet no empathy for them in her caption whatsoever. 

She said the same thing about Honor when Shiloh was born. How dare those toddlers still want their mom! She has new younger props to take care of.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 11
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

Ok FJ. Here we go. Braggie is 38 .... who's calling #11 at or just before 40?

Pregnancy announcement in about a year?  What's the over/ under?

I'm on record as announcing #11 over Labor Day 2021

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Ok FJ. Here we go. Braggie is 38 .... who's calling #11 at or just before 40?

Pregnancy announcement in about a year?  What's the over/ under?

I'm on record as announcing #11 over Labor Day 2021

Braggie has admitted to using some sort of family planning method. She didn’t say what. My guess is either NFP, condoms or both. These twins came much sooner than she had planned. She seems to prefer 2 year gaps. So I don’t think she will have a new baby before the second birthday of the twins unless she has another accident. I think she will be closer to 2.5 years this time around because these twins are going to be a lot of work for her (and her mother and oldest 3 children).

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12

IMO, a loving God would see to it that there were no more pregnancies for Abbie and no more babies and children for others, particularly other children, to raise. 10 is more than enough for 1 family, even a good, loving family who are interested in children, which this one is suspect. The day is never more than 24 hours long, even for fundies. After a while it becomes a time issue and IS irresponsible. People who really love children realize that MORE kids does not equal BETTER parenting outcomes. In fact, it generally leads to the exact opposite. Abbie will learn this over time. She has zero expertise or experience in living with a large family-

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

IMO, a loving God would see to it that there were no more pregnancies for Abbie and no more babies and children for others, particularly other children, to raise. 10 is more than enough for 1 family, even a good, loving family who are interested in children, which this one is suspect. The day is never more than 24 hours long, even for fundies. After a while it becomes a time issue and IS irresponsible. People who really love children realize that MORE kids does not equal BETTER parenting outcomes. In fact, it generally leads to the exact opposite. Abbie will learn this over time. She has zero expertise or experience in living with a large family-

I felt so guilty when I had my second and had to devote so much time to him instead of all my time to my then 2 year old. I can’t imagine how ignored and neglected my older kids would be if I had 10. But that’s the difference between me and Braggie. I know my limits and I know having kid after kid just means I have less time for the others. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I felt so guilty when I had my second and had to devote so much time to him instead of all my time to my then 2 year old. I can’t imagine how ignored and neglected my older kids would be if I had 10. But that’s the difference between me and Braggie. I know my limits and I know having kid after kid just means I have less time for the others. 

I know this does not really compare, but we are home after a week’s travel across the country...with a new puppy, and I feel guilty for our 7 YO dog. These are dogs and I feel guilty dividing my time, and I am exhausted. I.can.not.imagine 10 kids, with newborn twins in the mix. Although from IG, it looks like all the other kids are gone. I suspect GM has the all the others, and is managing FT childcare as well as Monday Co-opt teaching for Abbie. Of course, Abbie is paying her. Well, whatever she is paying her, I guarantee you it’s not enough- Since Abbie’s brother is 4 older than she is, so into his 40’s, I’d imagine that Abbie’s mom is into her 60’s. (Like me). She has to be near her breaking point. I’m more tired just typing this all out. Another thing Abbie should be embarrassed and ashamed about, how she takes advantage of others!!! 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I know this does not really compare, but we are home after a week’s travel across the country...with a new puppy, and I feel guilty for our 7 YO dog. These are dogs and I feel guilty dividing my time, and I am exhausted. I.can.not.imagine 10 kids, with newborn twins in the mix. Although from IG, it looks like all the other kids are gone. I suspect GM has the all the others, and is managing FT childcare as well as Monday Co-opt teaching for Abbie. Of course, Abbie is paying her. Well, whatever she is paying her, I guarantee you it’s not enough- Since Abbie’s brother is 4 older than she is, so into his 40’s, I’d imagine that Abbie’s mom is into her 60’s. (Like me). She has to be near her breaking point. I’m more tired just typing this all out. Another thing Abbie should be embarrassed and ashamed about, how she takes advantage of others!!! 

My mom is 65 and can barely handle a full day with my boys because they are so exhausting! I guess Ezra and Simon help grandma with the younger ones. But it’s still a lot!

• Upvote 6

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

My mom is 65 and can barely handle a full day with my boys because they are so exhausting! I guess Ezra and Simon help grandma with the younger ones. But it’s still a lot!

What happens to the under school aged crowd when Abbie does Co-op school? And if GM was her back-up, I wonder who‘s GM’s backup? GP? I thought he was anti- the Abbie shite show? 
It really is a shit show-

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

What happens to the under school aged crowd when Abbie does Co-op school? And if GM was her back-up, I wonder who‘s GM’s backup? GP? I thought he was anti- the Abbie shite show? 
It really is a shit show-

If her mom can’t fill in, then I bet there is no class that day. I couldn’t do a co-op. I imagine there are a lot of canceling “teachers” and no one to sub. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If her mom can’t fill in, then I bet there is no class that day. I couldn’t do a co-op. I imagine there are a lot of canceling “teachers” and no one to sub. 

They always have subs. How it works is for every hour in co-op, you have a few moms that are available to sub, act as hall monitors, and assist in the co-op duties. Also, every class has a teacher and an assistant. That’s how coops are run in my experience. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie has admitted to using some sort of family planning method. She didn’t say what. My guess is either NFP, condoms or both. These twins came much sooner than she had planned. She seems to prefer 2 year gaps. So I don’t think she will have a new baby before the second birthday of the twins unless she has another accident. I think she will be closer to 2.5 years this time around because these twins are going to be a lot of work for her (and her mother and oldest 3 children).

While I tend to agree with you I can also see her trying for a new baby before turning 40. It will suit her martydom and give her insta attention and she probably knows that there might be a decline in her fertility once she hits the 40s.

• Upvote 4

If I were Braggie's parents I would have moved to another state (or to the other side of Texas) a LONG time ago.  

• Upvote 9

14 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

If I were Braggie's parents I would have moved to another state (or to the other side of Texas) a LONG time ago.  

Her mom is her biggest enabler. There’s no way she would move away. Braggie probably has the life her mom always dreamed of. They only had 2 kids. I wouldn’t be surprised if she says she wished they’d had more. I wouldn’t be surprised if her dad was like Jimmy Lee Duggar and prefers small families while mom enables.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

While I tend to agree with you I can also see her trying for a new baby before turning 40. It will suit her martydom and give her insta attention and she probably knows that there might be a decline in her fertility once she hits the 40s.

Actually I think she will try for a baby to be born AFTER her 40 birthday. She will make a big deal and loooots of new hastags. She has to prove she's the most fertile, the thinnest pregnant, etc. Many women in their forties have fertility problems or complicated pregnancies (not all of them, of course!), so there will be Braggie to show everybody she's better than them. 

But the next 2 years are going to be very hard. Newborns are easy, and she will sleeptrain them in order to be able to rest. But when these 2 start crawling, Braggie head will explode. If twins are the #lastbabiesbecauseitsgodswill I won't be surprised. It depends on how much help she has, her own mother's health etc. Braggie is not quiverful, she is the one deciding her family size.

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her mom is her biggest enabler. There’s no way she would move away. Braggie probably has the life her mom always dreamed of. They only had 2 kids. I wouldn’t be surprised if she says she wished they’d had more. I wouldn’t be surprised if her dad was like Jimmy Lee Duggar and prefers small families while mom enables.

Great point! My mom wished a big family. My dad didn't. Budget wasn't great, too, so they had only 2 kids.

Well, then my mom's dream became having lots of grandchildren and... babysitting them on a daily basis. When I had my eldest, I thought it was a blessing that she was living in another town, because if she had been near, she would have tried to raise my children herself!

What I mean is that we don't know if Braggie takes advantage of her mom or if her mom is happy with the kids or even pushing her daughter to have more and more. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Adding
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

What I mean is that we don't know if Braggie takes advantage of her mom or if her mom is happy with the kids or even pushing her daughter to have more and more. 

Well, we know that she takes advantage of her, whether grandma is enjoying it or not.  And while I'm sure she was happy to have several grandchildren, I doubt that she ever thought she'd end up with *14* between her two children (I think I'm remembering correctly that her brother has 4).

Grandpa's face in those vacation videos spoke volumes.  I would bet that like Shaun, he hides away in an office somewhere when there are 8 kids in his house.

ETA: she posted a picture where SHE IS HOLDING HER BABIES.  Excuse me while I run outside to see if the sun has gone dark and the apocalypse is upon us.  

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-10-06-11-46-21.png.c63bd95d10b60ccf5820c2513dadb0cb.png

I wish this woman would go away and quietly raise her children. Theo, Honor, and Shiloh look miserable, especially Honor who looks 110 percent over it. Abbie herself is looking pretty rough. 

I left out the accompanying text that is the usual warmed over shit about how amazing it is that she hates kids but here she is, a mother of many and just loving every single second. Her kids are rad, she's writing a book, blah, blah, blah. She seems hyper-focused on telling everyone that everything is wonderful but a few days back she was talking about post partum. It feels like she's trying to convince herself that everything is grand. 

• Upvote 13

On 10/5/2020 at 11:49 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

She has? Where? I've seen her say "we leave the number of kids up to God" multiple times. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

She has? Where? I've seen her say "we leave the number of kids up to God" multiple times. 

It was awhile back. Someone else could probably find the quote. It was a total bullshit answer about leaving the number up to god but not the timing. It was so stupid.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

She uses NFP but leaves up to God if it works or not. But when BC failed (the twins were an ooops), instead of praising God, she was angry for months.

I find her IG filters ugly and make everybody look worse than they really are, including Abbie. Pictures look irreal, colors are strange and the sensation is coldness. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

52 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I find her IG filters ugly and make everybody look worse than they really are, including Abbie. Pictures look irreal, colors are strange and the sensation is coldness. 

The HDR is too high. It's been like that ever since she got her new phone. She's toned it down a little, but the first few photos she posted with it made my eyes hurt.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It was awhile back. Someone else could probably find the quote. It was a total bullshit answer about leaving the number up to god but not the timing. It was so stupid.

Huh, I had no idea. Thx!

So a few days ago Braggie posted in a story that she's voting Trump because he's pro life (among other things). You think she knows the covid drugs he's taking was created using stem cells? You think she cares? Probably not. "Pro life" people never seem to actually care about babies. It's all about punishing women.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic