IGNORED

M Is For Mama 8: She Really Is Awful

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do your research makes me laugh. All the anti-Vaxxers say it. They want you to google and read shitty blogs about how a kid has autism because of a vaccine. Their research is garbage. 

I did research when I was pregnant with my eldest.  After that, I had no doubts and I decide to vaccinate.

My übercrunchy sister-in-law is vaccinating. Illness are no joke! 

Sadly, some people research while avoiding official medical websites. So they purposely don't read about scientifical data.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I understand that QAnon is finding its way into Mommy-blogging Anti-vaxx groups. Ugh.

Even the Sears family (ugh!!!!) wrote books about YES! Vaccinate your kids! Even on a modified schedule, vaccination is a good thing! Here are the reaction stats--tiny! Tiny! Vaccines are SAFE!

A friend and I went to a breastfeeding event, and apparently there were some anti-vaxxers. Her kiddo got whooping cough, and continues to have problems 6 years on. It's unconscionable! And acquaintance of mine is immuno-suppressed and for the past few years cannot leave her home because awful no-brain no-civic-duty jerk-faces refuse to do basic science.

I also thought: A person who does not say, "Get your vaccines so that sick children can be healthy" lose the right to tell their children, "Eat your broccoli because there are starving children."

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, FilleMondaine said:

I understand that QAnon is finding its way into Mommy-blogging Anti-vaxx groups. Ugh.

Even the Sears family (ugh!!!!) wrote books about YES! Vaccinate your kids! Even on a modified schedule, vaccination is a good thing! Here are the reaction stats--tiny! Tiny! Vaccines are SAFE!

A friend and I went to a breastfeeding event, and apparently there were some anti-vaxxers. Her kiddo got whooping cough, and continues to have problems 6 years on. It's unconscionable! And acquaintance of mine is immuno-suppressed and for the past few years cannot leave her home because awful no-brain no-civic-duty jerk-faces refuse to do basic science.

I also thought: A person who does not say, "Get your vaccines so that sick children can be healthy" lose the right to tell their children, "Eat your broccoli because there are starving children."

Braggie is even worse because she hates wearing a mask, goes out to eat constantly, vacations during a pandemic like it’s nothing, and has many people to her house right after having twins. She’s a super spreader AND anti-vaccine. She’s an entitled shit.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I did research when I was pregnant with my eldest.  After that, I had no doubts and I decide to vaccinate.

My übercrunchy sister-in-law is vaccinating. Illness are no joke! 

Sadly, some people research while avoiding official medical websites. So they purposely don't read about scientifical data.

Same. IMO when someone says 'do your research' what they really mean is fall for conspiracy theories and listen to BS mommy blogs. I did my research utilizing QUALITY sources. My twins are fully vaccinated. 

I'm currently bumping heads with my in laws, despite being 24/7 oxygen dependent COPD my MIL will not get a flu shot because 'it will give her the flu'. ?‍♀️.

She wanted to know why I would get the flu shot for my babies because they were healthy and the flu isn't a big deal. I calmly told he that influenza killed my aunt when she was 6mo. That shut her up ?.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 11

49 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie is even worse because she hates wearing a mask, goes out to eat constantly, vacations during a pandemic like it’s nothing, and has many people to her house right after having twins. She’s a super spreader AND anti-vaccine. She’s an entitled shit.

Abbie was out on a date again last night. She uses a conversation that she had with another diner to segue into yet another lecture on how terrible other women are for not loving every last minute of motherhood.

Abbie is riding a baby high right now, it may be the highest peak I've ever seen with her. What concerns me is the low that almost always seems to follow. Shaun will soon be hitting the road. The shiny new baby smell will wear off and Abbie will be stuck at home with 10 kids. That should go well...

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 3

31 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie was out on a date again last night. She uses a conversation that she had with another diner to segue into yet another lecture on how terrible other women are for not loving every last minute of motherhood.

Abbie is riding a baby high right now, it may be the highest peak I've ever seen with her. What concerns me is the low that almost always seems to follow. Shaun will soon be hitting the road. The shiny new baby smell will wear off and Abbie will be stuck at home with 10 kids. That should go well...

If Braggie believes in cherishing every minute, why does she have so many date nights? Why does she ship her kids offwith her mother constantly? I spend way more time with my kids than Braggie does.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie will be stuck at home with 10 kids. That should go well.

Abbie Ezra and Simon will be stuck at home with 10 8 kids and Braggie.   FTFY

I just have this to says to Braggie --

• How would you feel if your unvaccinated boys had mumps and became sterile as a result?
  • How would you feel if one of your unvaccinated children caught measles and became visually handicapped or mentally impaired?
  • How would you feel if one of your unvaccinated children died from whooping cough?

None of those possible consequences are God's will Braggie. Or a test of your faith. Or your ridiculous favorite #hardisnotthesameasbad.

They are preventable tragedies. They would be All. On. You. And. You. Alone. because you are soooooo incredibly stupid  and full of yourself that you place your children in danger rather than use common sense.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If Braggie believes in cherishing every minute, why does she have so many date nights? Why does she ship her kids offwith her mother constantly? I spend way more time with my kids than Braggie does.

Me too. I didn't go anywhere without Baby Nova for the first 18 months of her life. Even later on we took her almost everywhere with us, including on "date night" which she loved. There was a decent Italian restuarant across the street from the movie theater so we would eat around 8pm and then head in to see the movie. BN would insist on sitting between us and would promptly fall asleep during the previews. I'm not knocking other parents for not doing the same though. Abbie likes to do things one way and assumes that it the best and only way because she's done her Facebook "research" and gotten feedback from other middle class crunchy moms in the echo chamber of her life.

Abbie is so hung up on the number 10 and is behaving like she's reached a major life goal. Maybe for her it is. She's in double digits now and I think she believes that she's even more of an authority on how to be a mom. Which may be why she says snotty things about the random mom of only two kids who had the audacity to speak to her.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 11

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do your research makes me laugh. All the anti-Vaxxers say it. They want you to google and read shitty blogs about how a kid has autism because of a vaccine. Their research is garbage. 

In one of my previous work lives I worked in vaccine development. These people have seriously no idea how much actual research goes into it. I very much doubt that the anti-vaxxers have even a basic understanding of the immune system, let alone a complex one. 

They're not jumping up and down about seat belts or aviation or auto-engineering - why is it they can't trust the damn experts in this particular field? It's equally as "unnatural" to be travelling at 100kph in a car, or flying through the sky in a metal tube as it is to be injecting tiny specific fragments of a pathogen to provoke an immune response so that if you encounter the actual pathogen you either don't develop the disease or it's less severe. /soapbox

(I would not describe myself as an expert in vaccines by any means btw. My part of the project was looking at whether certain protein fragments would provoke a protective immune response if folded differently and whether different methods of production worked to produce these foldings. I also wouldn't say I'm an expert on the immune system - but I do have at least a basic understanding, and a grasp of how much I actually don't know, and where the exciting research into the gaps in knowledge is occurring. One of the really interesting things about the pandemic for me is watching the process of vaccine development take centre stage, along with all the set backs and accelerated research happening.)

• Upvote 19
  • Love 2

59 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie is so hung up on the number 10 and is behaving like she's reached a major life goal. Maybe for her it is.

OMG you guys! She can put up all her fingers and both thumbs when people ask how many kids she has! That makes her so super special!

On the positive side I can choose which finger to put up if Abbie ever asks me... 

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

• How would you feel if your unvaccinated boys had mumps and became sterile as a result?
  • How would you feel if one of your unvaccinated children caught measles and became visually handicapped or mentally impaired?
  • How would you feel if one of your unvaccinated children died from whooping cough?

How would you feel if they died of diphtheria, which kills adults as well as children.

Also is Braggie herself vaccinated? Because if she hasn't had at least the rubella vaccine she should probably get off her pro-life box.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Because she's really only interested in her pregnancy gold star and maybe the newborn, not the actual work of raising kids - or in her kids themselves as individuals. They're mostly just notches on her pregnancy scorecard bedpost, not actual people with wants and needs. #cherishingeveryminute #ofdatenightnotkids

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

OMG you guys! She can put up all her fingers and both thumbs when people ask how many kids she has! That makes her so super special!

On the positive side I can choose which finger to put up if Abbie ever asks me... 

How would you feel if they died of diphtheria, which kills adults as well as children.

Also is Braggie herself vaccinated? Because if she hasn't had at least the rubella vaccine she should probably get off her pro-life box.

Because she's really only interested in her pregnancy gold star and maybe the newborn, not the actual work of raising kids - or in her kids themselves as individuals. They're mostly just notches on her pregnancy scorecard bedpost, not actual people with wants and needs. #cherishingeveryminute #ofdatenightnotkids

I AM DEAD. I'M LAUGHING SO MUCH THAT I AM DEAD!!!!!!

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Abbie Ezra and Simon will be stuck at home with 10 8 kids and Braggie.   FTFY

None of those possible consequences are God's will Braggie. Or a test of your faith. Or your ridiculous favorite #hardisnotthesameasbad.

They are preventable tragedies. They would be All. On. You. And. You. Alone. because you are soooooo incredibly stupid  and full of yourself that you place your children in danger rather than use common sense.

Or how would you feel if one of your unvaccinated daughters caught rubella while pregnant?

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

Pot calling the kettle black.  Considering all the negative things she says about her blessings on social media, she has the audacity to criticize other mothers, WTF? ?  She may not criticize her children in their presence,  but someday surely her kids will see/read her social media accounts...

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Pot calling the kettle black.  Considering all the negative things she says about her blessings on social media, she has the audacity to criticize other mothers, WTF? ?  She may not criticize her children in their presence,  but someday surely her kids will see/read her social media accounts...

Exactly.  I think that her mind is so full to bursting with HER, she might have literally not contemplated that just because she limits her kids' screen time while they are growing up does not mean they'll never find all her writings about them at some point.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Exactly.  I think that her mind is so full to bursting with HER, she might have literally not contemplated that just because she limits her kids' screen time while they are growing up does not mean they'll never find all her writings about them at some point.

And she has the audacity to say that if you're overwhelmed by your small number of kids, "get help. Talk to a trusted friend."

Meanwhile, her pulling out her eyebrows and exhibiting signs of disordered eating and body image issues are no biggie. Nothing to see here. 

I just can't with this lady. She's so obtuse. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

And she has the audacity to say that if you're overwhelmed by your small number of kids, "get help. Talk to a trusted friend."

Meanwhile, her pulling out her eyebrows and exhibiting signs of disordered eating and body image issues are no biggie. Nothing to see here. 

I just can't with this lady. She's so obtuse. 

I have gobs of empathy when it comes to mental health issues. But my empathy starts to run dry when you knowingly and vocally do absolutely nothing to get help for your issues. Especially when they are affecting your family. She is so fucking privileged. She has access to so many different therapists, medications, and groups in order to get help. Does she realize how lucky she is? There are women with similar issues that have very few options for help. And she still won’t get help. It makes me so angry. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

The actual birth story is up. It's....long.

They are always long. She can’t be brief. Ever. Her verbal diarrhea has been a lifelong affliction. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

It was such a downer. She managed to do a lot of staring off into space and having a pity party for no good reason. She was getting majorly annoyed she might miss the Twins’ birthday induction and I think that is what she was mostly hyper concerned about. Not the birth or the babies. About getting the twins born on the same date. She complained, like normal. Tailbone boo hoo. Can’t sleep boo hoo. Hooked to monitors boo hoo. Labor long boo hoo. It was a simple, boring, induction. Nothing to ever write about. Other than a transverse twin B. She barely talked about that, though, except to say that her midwife would have managed that scenario just as fine if Abby had her home birth. As if. Transverse births are tricky and dangerous. And her son was compromised enough to need O2 and monitoring for an hour. And that was at the hospital! She could have had a dead baby if she birthed at home. She got her damn epidural and still managed to bitch about feeling discomfort (even though she wanted the lowest dose) and then bitched even more when they gave her so much anesthesia that she was numb after the birth. It was a very sad birth story that didn’t seem joyous or exciting or anything remotely significant. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Zommom said:

It was such a downer. She managed to do a lot of staring off into space and having a pity party for no good reason. She was getting majorly annoyed she might miss the Twins’ birthday induction and I think that is what she was mostly hyper concerned about. Not the birth or the babies. About getting the twins born on the same date. She complained, like normal. Tailbone boo hoo. Can’t sleep boo hoo. Hooked to monitors boo hoo. Labor long boo hoo. It was a simple, boring, induction. Nothing to ever write about. Other than a transverse twin B. She barely talked about that, though, except to say that her midwife would have managed that scenario just as fine if Abby had her home birth. As if. Transverse births are tricky and dangerous. And her son was compromised enough to need O2 and monitoring for an hour. And that was at the hospital! She could have had a dead baby if she birthed at home. She got her damn epidural and still managed to bitch about feeling discomfort (even though she wanted the lowest dose) and then bitched even more when they gave her so much anesthesia that she was numb after the birth. It was a very sad birth story that didn’t seem joyous or exciting or anything remotely significant. 

I wonder how Braggie would react to a truly horrible situation. She makes pretty typical situations into these big horrible events. But if she truly went through a very serious and tragic event, his would she react? 

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder how Braggie would react to a truly horrible situation. She makes pretty typical situations into these big horrible events. But if she truly went through a very serious and tragic event, his would she react? 

No doubt she wouldn’t do so well. Her slogan #hardisnotthesameasbad is proof of how badly she would fair if her life was really hard and really bad. She chooses to miss the opportunity to engage people honestly because she created a false concept that doesn’t translate with truly hard and painful events in the lives of others. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

she might have literally not contemplated that just because she limits her kids' screen time while they are growing up does not mean they'll never find all her writings about them at some point

Limits is not the same as eliminates either. I suspect the kids have a fair idea, particularly the older ones.

• I Agree 1

I know someone who make a huge deal out of almost everything. The tiniest things would become huge. She reminds me a little bit of Braggie. But then when something actually truly tragic happened, she handled it a lot better than I expected. So I’m wondering if the same would happen with Braggie. Would she actually be less dramatic and pessimistic about a truly tragic event? She might. 

• Upvote 2

That was a lot of words for a whole lotta nothing. I skimmed of course but here's a few highlights or lowlights depending on how you see it.

"But I was in a bad head space that I was desperately trying to overcome with what I like to call “bullet prayers” (“Jesus, please give me strength,” etc.), a plucky attitude (Shaun just snorted, I’m sure), and firm mental pep talks."

Translation: Abbie was being a huge bitch because she had to do what the peasants do: go to the hospital.

"One of the things that had me in such a weird mood was a dread of all things hospital. I’m not much of a medical girl, and my limited experiences with hospitals have all been a bit…sterile…which is great in a germ-free sense but not so much in an emotional one."

You don't say. Abbie doesn't believe in vaccines so this isn't exactly a revelation. She doesn't like hospitals but like so many of her ilk, she's the first to get in line for the quality medical care that she has easy access to. That is a privilege that so many people don't have.

"As it so happened, the front desk lady was EXACTLY what I (think I subconsciously) expected–terse, clinical, slightly impatient."

Seriously, fuck Abbie. She walked in with a bad attitude, already acting like a bitch by her own admission and then she's pissed because the first person she meets doesn't fawn all over her like her personal servant. A busy woman just doing her job suddenly becomes a villain and a symbol for all that's wrong in clinical settings. That poor front desk nurse.

"Nicole came back and explained what would happen, and, in the course of talking me through it, mentioned that she was a homeschool mom who did three night shifts a week as a nurse and spent her days teaching her three young children. Suddenly, we had tons to talk about and chatted easily about curriculum and sleep-deprivation and the like. She was precious, and I really feel like the Lord was so gracious to give me such a gentle soul as my first real hospital contact."

So the nurse was a big fat nobody until Abbie realized she was a human that was more than her scrubs. I'm sure the nurse, like most nurses, sees all kinds of women including uppity bitches like Abbie. She knew how to handle her and Abbie ate it up. I'm starting to like these nurses. They have Abbie's mark. She goes on about other nurses as well. The funny one and the one that does Crossfit. And then there's this:

"I’m telling you guys: I was so blown away by the uniquely perfect people that God chose as my medical team during this entire process. "

GOD CHOSE ABBIE'S MEDICAL TEAM! I wonder how many women giving birth in third world countries on the same day as Abbie, in unlit huts, with insanitary conditions, died because god was too busy assembling Abbie's dream team of medical staff with perfectly aligned personalities.

"Shift-change was looming, and my amazing nurse, Tammy, would be going home soon without ever seeing the fruits of her, ahem, my labor."

Let me ease Abbie's mind. Tammy doesn't give a flying fuck. She'll be experiencing miracles all week long. Probably with more agreeable mothers.

"Within minutes, they had me situated under harsh, glaring lights, and the room was buzzing with staff, who were mostly staying out of my field of vision, since I had asked my OB for only the most necessary personnel to be visible/in the room."

This bitch. This isn't your crunchy mama, give birth in the bathtub scenario. Abbie had a geriatric mono-di pregnancy and instead of letting the people who are keeping her and her babies safe do their jobs, she asks them to stay out of her field of vision. The level entitlement is breathtaking.

Actually, I think I'm done. I cant handle anymore. She squeezes, the babies pop out, they're healthy.

Fin.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 20
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

That was a lot of words for a whole lotta nothing. I skimmed of course but here's a few highlights or lowlights depending on how you see it.

"But I was in a bad head space that I was desperately trying to overcome with what I like to call “bullet prayers” (“Jesus, please give me strength,” etc.), a plucky attitude (Shaun just snorted, I’m sure), and firm mental pep talks."

Translation: Abbie was being a huge bitch because she had to do what the peasants do: go to the hospital.

"One of the things that had me in such a weird mood was a dread of all things hospital. I’m not much of a medical girl, and my limited experiences with hospitals have all been a bit…sterile…which is great in a germ-free sense but not so much in an emotional one."

You don't say. Abbie doesn't believe in vaccines so this isn't exactly a revelation. She doesn't like hospitals but like so many of her ilk, she's the first to get in line for the quality medical care that she has easy access to. That is a privilege that so many people don't have.

"As it so happened, the front desk lady was EXACTLY what I (think I subconsciously) expected–terse, clinical, slightly impatient."

Seriously, fuck Abbie. She walked in with a bad attitude, already acting like a bitch by her own admission and then she's pissed because the first person she meets doesn't fawn all over her like her personal servant. A busy woman just doing her job suddenly becomes a villain and a symbol for all that's wrong in clinical settings. That poor front desk nurse.

"Nicole came back and explained what would happen, and, in the course of talking me through it, mentioned that she was a homeschool mom who did three night shifts a week as a nurse and spent her days teaching her three young children. Suddenly, we had tons to talk about and chatted easily about curriculum and sleep-deprivation and the like. She was precious, and I really feel like the Lord was so gracious to give me such a gentle soul as my first real hospital contact."

So the nurse was a big fat nobody until Abbie realized she was a human that was more than her scrubs. I'm sure the nurse, like most nurses, sees all kinds of women including uppity bitches like Abbie. She knew how to handle her and Abbie ate it up. I'm starting to like these nurses. They have Abbie's mark. She goes on about other nurses as well. The funny one and the one that does Crossfit. And then there's this:

"I’m telling you guys: I was so blown away by the uniquely perfect people that God chose as my medical team during this entire process. "

GOD CHOSE ABBIE'S MEDICAL TEAM! I wonder how many women giving birth in third world countries on the same day as Abbie, in unlit huts, with insanitary conditions, died because god was too busy assembling Abbie's dream team of medical staff with perfectly aligned personalities.

"Shift-change was looming, and my amazing nurse, Tammy, would be going home soon without ever seeing the fruits of her, ahem, my labor."

Let me ease Abbie's mind. Tammy doesn't give a flying fuck. She'll be experiencing miracles all week long. Probably with more agreeable mothers.

"Within minutes, they had me situated under harsh, glaring lights, and the room was buzzing with staff, who were mostly staying out of my field of vision, since I had asked my OB for only the most necessary personnel to be visible/in the room."

This bitch. This isn't your crunchy mama, give birth in the bathtub scenario. Abbie had a geriatric mono-di pregnancy and instead of letting the people who are keeping her and her babies safe do their jobs, she asks them to stay out of her field of vision. The level entitlement is breathtaking.

Actually, I think I'm done. I cant handle anymore. She squeezes, the babies pop out, they're healthy.

Fin.

She seriously thinks she’s as important and amazing as Beyoncé. She is Queen Braggie the Dirty Headed.

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic