IGNORED

M Is For Mama 8: She Really Is Awful

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, caviemom said:

I only glance at Abbie’s stuff occasionally because I just can’t with her, but I happened to see in her stories that she has a “nasty head cold.”  Perhaps a little social distancing and masking might have prevented that, and here’s hoping it actually is just a cold.  For the sake of her kids.  As far as I’m concerned she deserves an uncomfortable case of Covid.  

Hide contents

555FE026-1EBD-4858-A2F4-B362EE371FFF.thumb.png.a1eb930c8dc214af40fb5efafe623cef.png

That food looks blah at best. Deserving or not, I don't wish covid on anyone. I do however sincerely hope that her cold plugs up her nostrils so bad that she has to mouth breathe to sleep and that she wakes up with her hair stuck to her cheek with drool and one of her eyes crusted shut from eye goobies. I hope that Honor floods the bathroom every chance he gets and that the babies throw up on her every time she changes her shirt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

That food looks blah at best. Deserving or not, I don't wish covid on anyone. I do however sincerely hope that her cold plugs up her nostrils so bad that she has to mouth breathe to sleep and that she wakes up with her hair stuck to her cheek with drool and one of her eyes crusted shut from eye goobies. I hope that Honor floods the bathroom every chance he gets and that the babies throw up on her every time she changes her shirt. 

Don’t forget a double newborn diaper blowout ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Don’t forget a double newborn diaper blowout ;)

Aaaallll the way up thier backs and on the swinging baby hamper. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I think it might actually be physically impossible for her to mention Evy and Nola without talking about how much she didn't want them. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 5

I feel so sorry for these sweet girls. Not only did their mother didn't want them, she took also their birthday from them. Abbie is getting more and more disgusting.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

9 hours ago, mhainlen said:

I think it’s so bizarre to give a “hint” that things got “cray” at the end.  Why do we need a hint? Is there a pop quiz on her birth story?

My guess is baby B was either born Breech or not breathing. 

Oh my God, Abbie. How do you know it’s not Covid or mastitis? It damn well could be. Or the flu! Shivering is not a cold symptom. That sounds miserable, like an infection. She probably has a fever. And Abbie, some things are so fucking BAD that accepting that and responding to it is sane and healthy! A shivering, nursing mom with an illness is BAD! AND HARD! You stupid idiot! You phrase is the most ridiculous and useless slogan I have ever heard! Get over yourself. 

88B54EF3-DAA7-474D-BD8F-55AABC475D65.png

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 10

1 hour ago, Zommom said:

My guess is baby B was either born Breech or not breathing. 

Oh my God, Abbie. How do you know it’s not Covid or mastitis? It damn well could be. Or the flu! Shivering is not a cold symptom. That sounds miserable, like an infection. She probably has a fever. And Abbie, some things are so fucking BAD that accepting that and responding to it is sane and healthy! A shivering, nursing mom with an illness is BAD! AND HARD! You stupid idiot! You phrase is the most ridiculous and useless slogan I have ever heard! Get over yourself. 

88B54EF3-DAA7-474D-BD8F-55AABC475D65.png

Of course she’s sick. She hasn’t been following any sort of covid rules. My family have been following all the covid guidelines given by our state and we haven’t even had a cold since before the pandemic began. I bet she will say she got strep from the hospital but she got it from the tons of people in and out of her house.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Of course she’s sick. She hasn’t been following any sort of covid rules. My family have been following all the covid guidelines given by our state and we haven’t even had a cold since before the pandemic began. I bet she will say she got strep from the hospital but she got it from the tons of people in and out of her house.

Having my son out of school has many downsides, but we've loved not having sinus infections rip through our whole family since December. Abbie needs to take care of herself STAT before she puts the twinbies in the nicu. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Of course she’s sick.

She *thinks* it's strep.....but is she going to find out? Strep left untreated is no joke...and how does she know it's not Covid??? Sure, maybe she was tested at the hospital when she gave birth. But that was a week ago and she's had numerous people traipsing in and out of her house PLUS they went to Dallas for an appointment and went out to restaurants!!!!!

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

My daughter had strep postpartum  was hospitalized , developed sepsis and severe mastitis (mds refused to allow her to pump) that required breast surgery and drains. Abbie is either lying or is an idiot!

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 11
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My daughter had strep postpartum  was hospitalized , developed sepsis and severe mastitis (mds refused to allow her to pump) that required breast surgery and drains. Abbie is either lying or is an idiot!

Why not both?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 11

Pre-covid, I seem to have a kind of naturally weak immune system for a younger, otherwise healthy person. Every year I'd easily come down with a handful of head colds; I had a nasty case of the Flu back in January (wondering if it could have been Covid...knocked me out for over a week). This is the LONGEST I've gone without actually getting sick because I've been taking Covid precautions since early March. If you are proactively more careful about germs, distancing and hygiene because of Covid, you are definitely much less likely to get any type of sickness. Therefor, I am NOT surprised that Abby could come down with anything because of how irresponsibly she has been throughout the pandemic. 

I'm the person that would fly/travel anywhere and always come home sick. I think I'll continue to wear masks in the airport/on airplanes for an indefinite amount of time just to prevent that from happening anymore.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Guys it can't be COVID. COVID "targets weaknesses" which obviously she has none of, and besides she's been eating lots of virus killing probiotic foods.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Pre-covid, I seem to have a kind of naturally weak immune system for a younger, otherwise healthy person. Every year I'd easily come down with a handful of head colds; I had a nasty case of the Flu back in January (wondering if it could have been Covid...knocked me out for over a week). This is the LONGEST I've gone without actually getting sick because I've been taking Covid precautions since early March. If you are proactively more careful about germs, distancing and hygiene because of Covid, you are definitely much less likely to get any type of sickness. Therefor, I am NOT surprised that Abby could come down with anything because of how irresponsibly she has been throughout the pandemic. 

I'm the person that would fly/travel anywhere and always come home sick. I think I'll continue to wear masks in the airport/on airplanes for an indefinite amount of time just to prevent that from happening anymore.

This is me too. I’ve already told my husband that I will likely always wear a mask during air travel -

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This is me too. I’ve already told my husband that I will likely always wear a mask during air travel -

You know what?  People in Asia who live in high pollution areas have been wearing masks daily for decades.  I've decided that I am wearing one in public for the foreseeable future (like YEARS), if not forever.  The last two years in a row I have gotten bronchitis that landed me in the ER and on a nebulizer and I am not risking getting COVID if I can possibly help it.  ETA: I mainly do this by staying home.  Other than neighborhood walks I have only been out of my house 3 times since March.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, danvillebelle said:

You know what?  People in Asia who live in high pollution areas have been wearing masks daily for decades.  I've decided that I am wearing one in public for the foreseeable future (like YEARS), if not forever.  The last two years in a row I have gotten bronchitis that landed me in the ER and on a nebulizer and I am not risking getting COVID if I can possibly help it.

I have reactive airway disease, a milder form of asthma. Any time I get a cold I get bronchitis. When I was an icu nurse it was hell. I coughed all winter long. Since I’m in my 60s, and with my respiratory history, I do not want to get Covid. Unlike Trump, I believe the scientists-

• Love 14

I'm almost to the point I forget I'm wearing one.  It has helped decrease my allergy flares, too.

I've had people ask why I mask up.  It's not just about me, but about my family, patients, and others around me.  

I was at the grocery store and saw a guy that I knew had tested positive for covid the day before (I had called him and told him, went through CDC guidelines, etc.).  No mask, talking to people, touching everything.  Yeah, I got out of there.  I was livid.  I'm now waiting for the next covid bubble to burst in the town where I work.

• WTF 16
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, 3splenty said:

I'm almost to the point I forget I'm wearing one.  It has helped decrease my allergy flares, too.

I've had people ask why I mask up.  It's not just about me, but about my family, patients, and others around me.  

I was at the grocery store and saw a guy that I knew had tested positive for covid the day before (I had called him and told him, went through CDC guidelines, etc.).  No mask, talking to people, touching everything.  Yeah, I got out of there.  I was livid.  I'm now waiting for the next covid bubble to burst in the town where I work.

My niece is a physician in a covid clinic in a large US city, and said the same thing about patients being diagnosed and she would see them on the street out in front of the clinic on the very next day. So frustrating.

• WTF 9
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My niece is a physician in a covid clinic in a large US city, and said the same thing about patients being diagnosed and she would see them on the street out in front of the clinic on the very next day. So frustrating.

Here that would land them with a $1652 fine the first time and $4952 if they did it again. If you test positive or are identified as a close contact you are required by law to stay home (or if that is not safely possible they will put you in a hotel.)  If you test positive it's for 14 days, if you are a close contact it's either until you get a negative test or 14 days (the test turnaround is very fast right now). The Chief Medical Officer has quite wide powers under a State of Emergency, and directing police to enforce this is well within them.

Abbie is an idiot (preaching to the choir here) - fever and chills this close to giving birth should be checked out quickly. She does know that dying from sepsis is a thing, right? And that yes it can happen to her too?

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Here that would land them with a $1652 fine the first time and $4952 if they did it again. If you test positive or are identified as a close contact you are required by law to stay home (or if that is not safely possible they will put you in a hotel.)  If you test positive it's for 14 days, if you are a close contact it's either until you get a negative test or 14 days (the test turnaround is very fast right now). The Chief Medical Officer has quite wide powers under a State of Emergency, and directing police to enforce this is well within them.

Abbie is an idiot (preaching to the choir here) - fever and chills this close to giving birth should be checked out quickly. She does know that dying from sepsis is a thing, right? And that yes it can happen to her too?

Those are very odd fine numbers. Do you mine if I ask you where that is? Is that an exchange from another currency to US dollars? 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Those are very odd fine numbers. Do you mine if I ask you where that is? Is that an exchange from another currency to US dollars? 

No, that is the exact fine in Australian currency (I'm in Melbourne, Victoria). I have no idea why it's not a round figure, presumably there's a formula for working these things out somewhere! The original fines were lower but then they got frustrated with repeat offenders and bumped them up.

For comparison purposes the fine for exceeding the speed limit by less than 10kph is $207 - this is why I think there must be a formula relating to CPI or something similar.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Holy moly. [emoji15]
  • Upvote 2

Creepy Becky is in here laughing at us for wearing masks. How am I ever going to sleep tonight ?

• I Agree 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic