IGNORED

M Is For Mama 8: She Really Is Awful

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She seriously thinks she’s as important and amazing as Beyoncé. She is Queen Braggie the Dirty Headed.

Oh-em-gee, what is her secret?! Abbie just gave birth to #twinbies and looks so skinny.

Screenshot_2020-10-16-18-36-38.png.75211f3f958504fe86536f1f1fdc1777.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-10-16-18-39-19.png.dc8e0a424a41ec39886f013ce96041c0.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

21 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Oh-em-gee, what is her secret?! Abbie just gave birth to #twinbies and looks so skinny.

Screenshot_2020-10-16-18-36-38.png.75211f3f958504fe86536f1f1fdc1777.png

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-10-16-18-39-19.png.dc8e0a424a41ec39886f013ce96041c0.png

Omg that mop looks just as angry as Braggie ?

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, SuperNova said:

That was a lot of words for a whole lotta nothing. I skimmed of course but here's a few highlights or lowlights depending on how you see it.

"But I was in a bad head space that I was desperately trying to overcome with what I like to call “bullet prayers” (“Jesus, please give me strength,” etc.), a plucky attitude (Shaun just snorted, I’m sure), and firm mental pep talks."

Translation: Abbie was being a huge bitch because she had to do what the peasants do: go to the hospital.

"One of the things that had me in such a weird mood was a dread of all things hospital. I’m not much of a medical girl, and my limited experiences with hospitals have all been a bit…sterile…which is great in a germ-free sense but not so much in an emotional one."

You don't say. Abbie doesn't believe in vaccines so this isn't exactly a revelation. She doesn't like hospitals but like so many of her ilk, she's the first to get in line for the quality medical care that she has easy access to. That is a privilege that so many people don't have.

"As it so happened, the front desk lady was EXACTLY what I (think I subconsciously) expected–terse, clinical, slightly impatient."

Seriously, fuck Abbie. She walked in with a bad attitude, already acting like a bitch by her own admission and then she's pissed because the first person she meets doesn't fawn all over her like her personal servant. A busy woman just doing her job suddenly becomes a villain and a symbol for all that's wrong in clinical settings. That poor front desk nurse.

"Nicole came back and explained what would happen, and, in the course of talking me through it, mentioned that she was a homeschool mom who did three night shifts a week as a nurse and spent her days teaching her three young children. Suddenly, we had tons to talk about and chatted easily about curriculum and sleep-deprivation and the like. She was precious, and I really feel like the Lord was so gracious to give me such a gentle soul as my first real hospital contact."

So the nurse was a big fat nobody until Abbie realized she was a human that was more than her scrubs. I'm sure the nurse, like most nurses, sees all kinds of women including uppity bitches like Abbie. She knew how to handle her and Abbie ate it up. I'm starting to like these nurses. They have Abbie's mark. She goes on about other nurses as well. The funny one and the one that does Crossfit. And then there's this:

"I’m telling you guys: I was so blown away by the uniquely perfect people that God chose as my medical team during this entire process. "

GOD CHOSE ABBIE'S MEDICAL TEAM! I wonder how many women giving birth in third world countries on the same day as Abbie, in unlit huts, with insanitary conditions, died because god was too busy assembling Abbie's dream team of medical staff with perfectly aligned personalities.

"Shift-change was looming, and my amazing nurse, Tammy, would be going home soon without ever seeing the fruits of her, ahem, my labor."

Let me ease Abbie's mind. Tammy doesn't give a flying fuck. She'll be experiencing miracles all week long. Probably with more agreeable mothers.

"Within minutes, they had me situated under harsh, glaring lights, and the room was buzzing with staff, who were mostly staying out of my field of vision, since I had asked my OB for only the most necessary personnel to be visible/in the room."

This bitch. This isn't your crunchy mama, give birth in the bathtub scenario. Abbie had a geriatric mono-di pregnancy and instead of letting the people who are keeping her and her babies safe do their jobs, she asks them to stay out of her field of vision. The level entitlement is breathtaking.

Actually, I think I'm done. I cant handle anymore. She squeezes, the babies pop out, they're healthy.

Fin.

@SuperNova, you are a saint! Thank you for this summary. I exptected for Braggie to be HUGE bitch at the hospital, but she always manages to act even worse than I could have imagined in my wildest dreams.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

The only thing she sounded happy about in that birth story was the fact that she is no longer pregnant- which, of course, she used as a way of bragging about all the times she's made it to 42 weeks.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Oh dear Lord:

"Very likely, if they’d known about the size difference, with their being identical twins, they would have wanted to stage some sort of medical intervention or to have taken them earlier, which would have increased our chances of a NICU stay unnecessarily (since Titus was flawless; just small)."

Yes but they might have monitored things like placental flow to make sure that it was OK and done it a bit more frequently.  Also you can tell twin B just from skin colour in that photo, and I am really not sure that they would have had as good an outcome in a homebirth. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

I have friends whose first child was stillborn as a direct result of midwife incompetency, many years ago.  They are devoted Orthodox Christians.  Every year they post happy birthday to her on FB with a picture of her grave with flowers.  Every year I cry (along with everyone in their circle who was there with them through it and attended the funeral).  She would have been 18 this year.

Braggie can go fuck herself sideways with that god picked my medical team bullshit.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

“Remember how I felt an unexplained peace (even relief) about having these boys in the hospital? I told Melena not long after they were born that, after the way Toby came out, I now understood why God had closed all of the other doors. She responded that, if we had had them at home, she would have done the same thing my OB did–turn him/manually deliver him, give him oxygen, etc., but that, when he started retracting, we would have ended up with an ambulance ride to the hospital. She felt confident he would have been fine, but it would have been a much scarier, more traumatic experience.”

Fucking, arrogant midwife. If Abby was at home, she wouldn’t have had an induction. She would have continued to gestate for 3-5 more weeks without realizing that her blood supply to one baby was severely compromised. She would have labored and birthed with probably very little intervention and assistance and huge red flags would have been ignored. Her waters probably would have broken naturally and a prolapsed cord incident may not have been detected until too late. No way would the midwife feel inside her to check for a transverse baby as Abbie labored in a tub while holding twin A. Nothing about safety and normal would have occurred. And Abbie just gobbles up the self congratulatory gaslighting from that dangerous woman as she denies how incredibly amazingly safe and lucky the actual birth was. That doctor saved her sons life and she basically dismissed him, as if he was just fiddling his thumbs, instead of actively maneuvering a baby who was moments from death. Abbie was lucky her babies were born alive. I hate crunchy homebirth bullshit. HATE IT. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 10

To me the worst thing about that birth story in terms of Abbie’s persnicketiness was the fact that she was so concerned that the boys might be born the next day, and thus having HER miss all the extra and forever adulation for birthing 2 sets of twins on 9/24. She really is a master narcissist. Everything special about that birth was slanted toward Abbie’s specialness.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8

I am convinced she saw the mop pic. Let's have another round of who wore it better:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-10-17-13-46-59.thumb.png.308f666985fbdecd441b3182fee43b9e.pngScreenshot_2020-10-17-13-47-51.png.e706c1f6da60ed144ea87edef2cbe13d.png

The Mop speaks:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-10-17-13-49-04.png.f860355a38399575a678be21ecccf116.pngScreenshot_2020-10-17-13-49-12.thumb.png.080678440920db9ced0aca045667910b.png

Abbie finds it ironic that people are encouraged to speak out and that others can still disagree. But of course HER truth the THE truth because Jesus. Tell that to the countless denominations that disagree with how to interpret the bible. 

It's interesting that Abbie twice mentions how much time she spends on her posts, agonizing, analyzing, tweaking, and reading her post multiple times before she's happy with it. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she make a post about only spending 1% of her day on social media? So much for the THE truth.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Her hair is revolting, and I came here to comment on the same picture that was just posted. My daughter is biracial (dad's Asian; I'm white) and has hair very similar to Braggie's - abundant, coarse, curly, and dry. Sure, she could go ten days without washing her hair, because it will never, ever get greasy. But that doesn't mean it's not dirty. If Braggie can manage so many date nights - once a week?? with ten kids?? during a pandemic?? - then she can spare an hour or so to manage her hair. It's not relatable; it's just nasty.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

Abby is once again lecturing people for criticizing her. She’s so pathetic. Abbie, you suck. Deal with your shit and stop hiding behind God for things you rightly deserve criticism for. You’re not God’s prophet, Abby. 

• Upvote 13

18 minutes ago, mysweetetc said:

Her hair is revolting, and I came here to comment on the same picture that was just posted. My daughter is biracial (dad's Asian; I'm white) and has hair very similar to Braggie's - abundant, coarse, curly, and dry. Sure, she could go ten days without washing her hair, because it will never, ever get greasy. But that doesn't mean it's not dirty. If Braggie can manage so many date nights - once a week?? with ten kids?? during a pandemic?? - then she can spare an hour or so to manage her hair. It's not relatable; it's just nasty.

It wasn't my intention to mock anyone else's hair. I didn't think that my post could be misconstrued but you're right. To be clear, I was only talking about Abbie's dirty hair and not about the texture of the hair itself. My own daughter has an amazing quantity of jet black curly hair that hardly ever needs a washing. She's a chef though and has to wash frequently to get out cooking smells. I've never seen her hair look as nasty as Abbie's. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 5

Just now, SuperNova said:

It wasn't my intention to mock anyone else's hair. Until I read your comment I didn't think that my post could be misconstrued but you're right. To be clear, I was only talking about Abbie's dirty hair and not about the texture of the hair itself. My own daughter has an amazing quantity of jet black curly hair that hardly ever needs a washing. She's a chef though and has to wash frequently to get out cooking smells. I've never seen her hair look as nasty as Abbie's. 

Oh goodness, there was no offense taken! No worries. I should have clarified; I meant the picture of Abbie's rattrap hair. I think we're actually in complete agreement.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, mysweetetc said:

Oh goodness, there was no offense taken! No worries. I should have clarified; I meant the picture of Abbie's rattrap hair. I think we're actually in complete agreement.

I didn't think you were offended but your comment made me think twice about what I said and how it could potentially be misunderstood.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

It wasn't my intention to mock anyone else's hair. I didn't think that my post could be misconstrued but you're right. To be clear, I was only talking about Abbie's dirty hair and not about the texture of the hair itself. My own daughter has an amazing quantity of jet black curly hair that hardly ever needs a washing. She's a chef though and has to wash frequently to get out cooking smells. I've never seen her hair look as nasty as Abbie's. 

I completely agree. Her hair probably looks fine after 10 days of no wash. But she works out everyday. That’s what makes me think she needs to wash it more often. Our activities often demand a person wash their hair more often. Not necessarily the greasiness.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I love that @mysweetetc and @SuperNova are talking about Abbie's hair hypocrisy, and how conversations about hair texture are complicated! Black kids are getting punished, humiliated, and suspended from school for their hair's natural texture. And so Princess Abbie with her white-girl curly mess, bragging about how she neglects  her hair is...a smack in the face.

In the end, she says, "Look at me! I am a nice, Christian white lady, so I can look messy and still feel justified to command you to show me respect!" But I will bet $100 that she uses racist dog-whistles about textured hair if it belongs to a person of color--no matter how "well-kept" she says that it is.

Edited by FilleMondaine
To make more explicit that My Sweet and Super Nova are talking about white privilege in relation to Abbie being terrible..
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

You're KILLING ME WITH THE MOPS!!!!

Braggie dear...trumpeting your children's foibles and bathroom habits on the gram has ZIPPO to do with "God's truth" and everything to do with you fishing for likes and desperate mommy followers.  Stick that in your narcissistic pipe and smoke it.  Skip a date night and run a fucking brush through your hair while you're at it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Argh. What she asserts is "truth" is her opinion. It is objectively bad to backyard breed. It is objectively bad to have a gajillion children that you don't even seem to like, it is objectively bad to continuously buy cheap crap. It is objectively true that the world isn't 6000 years old; that qAnon is a pile of wank, etc etc. Obviously, of course, like all fucking fundies, lacking education and knowledge, she is perfectly happy to spout this shit.  And then "teach" her children the same BS.

FFS, the title thread pretty much applies to all these people - they really are awful. When I find a redeeming feature with them, it is something like, "oh, the kids aren't starving" or, "gosh, the kid with pneumonia got to go to hospital after being in a coma for 5 days and I didn't notice". They are basically monsters. For the kids born into it, and not educated, OK, that's one thing - still awful, obviously. But the people who willingly did it, like Duggars, Bates, Ma/Pa Turtleneck - awful, scum, trash, garbage, and so on.

I accept some of them might actually be decent people, underneath it all. No idea. I tend to think a lot of "our" fundies are happy with being awful people, whether or not they are brainwashed - they get the feeling of being special, extra loved, blah blah blah, with no effort. It seems to be the fundie way - choose the path of no effort, or half ass it duggar style. Basically, whether or not they claim to "follow Jesus" and all the "JOY" crap, they are still happy with the "I got mine, fuck you" attitude of every scumbag greedy hypocritical arsehole wanker out there.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 5

13 hours ago, Zommom said:

“Remember how I felt an unexplained peace (even relief) about having these boys in the hospital? I told Melena not long after they were born that, after the way Toby came out, I now understood why God had closed all of the other doors. She responded that, if we had had them at home, she would have done the same thing my OB did–turn him/manually deliver him, give him oxygen, etc., but that, when he started retracting, we would have ended up with an ambulance ride to the hospital. She felt confident he would have been fine, but it would have been a much scarier, more traumatic experience.”

Fucking, arrogant midwife. If Abby was at home, she wouldn’t have had an induction. She would have continued to gestate for 3-5 more weeks without realizing that her blood supply to one baby was severely compromised. She would have labored and birthed with probably very little intervention and assistance and huge red flags would have been ignored. Her waters probably would have broken naturally and a prolapsed cord incident may not have been detected until too late. No way would the midwife feel inside her to check for a transverse baby as Abbie labored in a tub while holding twin A. Nothing about safety and normal would have occurred. And Abbie just gobbles up the self congratulatory gaslighting from that dangerous woman as she denies how incredibly amazingly safe and lucky the actual birth was. That doctor saved her sons life and she basically dismissed him, as if he was just fiddling his thumbs, instead of actively maneuvering a baby who was moments from death. Abbie was lucky her babies were born alive. I hate crunchy homebirth bullshit. HATE IT. 

THIS. Jesus christ I had a didi pregnancy so no risk of TTTS but their placentas fused so it acted sort of like a monodi. Because we were monitoring it we knew there was a size difference and that baby b had problems with her cord. There was flow issues and my team didn't think she could handle the stress of a vaginal delivery. Their exact words were 'you would be risking a stillbirth'.

I was having NSTs every 48 hours and my Dr wanted to take them at 36 wks. I begged and he agreed to let me go 37wks as long as the NSTs continued to look good. I didn't make it that far. My water broke 5 days later and we rushed to the hospital. I was under strict instructions to get there asap if anything happened. 

Babies were out in less than 60min from admission to L&D. My son was screaming, my daughter was silent. I can't believe how cavalier she is. The image of my daughter limp and silent while 2 doctors got her breathing will give me nightmares for the rest of my life. And she's all oh yah he was grey ?‍♀️

I will never know if those 5 extra days helped her or if my stupidity did her harm and I will never shrug off what those doctors did.

Oh, and she was transverse too. Her cord was so short she could not have been born naturally. My OB later told me that even with baby A out he could not have turned her in utero. I was lucky he didn't need to make a second vertical incision in order to get her out.

These crunchy home birthers that think everything is puppies and rainbows because God just loves them so much makes me want to punch them in the throat.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 33

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

I can't believe how cavalier she is.

Me neither. She appears to really not understand how serious that was. Grey is really not a colour you ever want to see in an infant's skin tone, and the deep chest retraction is a major flag. That he was still in respiratory distress after he'd had oxygen "for several long minutes" - well I am glad she was in a hospital, not attempting a homebirth.

Also this made me laugh:

"Shaun, Melena, and my best friend, who are all WELL aware of my natural labor histories, were pretty much begging me to get one [an epidural]" - I totally read it as "if it'll stop you whinging about the pain for the love of God just do it!"

As for:

"I was starting to have a niggling worry that I might drag this thing out long enough to NOT have these babies on Evy and Nola’s birthday."

Priorities. I mean that was totally the most important thing here, right? Having them the day after or two days after would have totally ruined The Birth Plan.

15 hours ago, Zommom said:

That doctor saved her sons life and she basically dismissed him, as if he was just fiddling his thumbs, instead of actively maneuvering a baby who was moments from death. Abbie was lucky her babies were born alive. I hate crunchy homebirth bullshit. HATE IT. 

Totally agree. Although felt the need to say that the obstetrician was female, not that that changes the substance of your comment. The person doing very little at that point? Melena, the homebirth midwife who thought the baby was "stunned from the traumatic delivery" but was "confident he would have been fine" in a homebirth. Yeah, I'm less than convinced.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Totally agree. Although felt the need to say that the obstetrician was female, not that that changes the substance of your comment. The person doing very little at that point? Melena, the homebirth midwife who thought the baby was "stunned from the traumatic delivery" but was "confident he would have been fine" in a homebirth. Yeah, I'm less than convinced.

We're talking about a person who likes Braggie. I'm she keeps agreeing to be her midwife when presumably she can say no. Her judgement can't be trusted.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

That baby would *not* have been fine in a home birth because if he had been, Melena wouldn’t admit that she would’ve transferred him to the hospital. And how incredibly traumatic that would’ve been for all involved. EMTs have an even harder job than usual now due to covid and transporting Abby, unmedicated, in the literal middle of having twins, through her circus of a house surrounded by dogs and kids.....I am glad that she went to the hospital. I’m sure that everyone involved is glad. Only Abby is glad-with-a-big-BUT, which is that he would’ve been fine.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I don’t believe in making fun of people’s hair that really can’t help it (like Britney Spears, for instance, who is going through something). What is ridiculous about Braggie is that she has messy hair and brags about not washing it and keeping it that way! 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

46 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I don’t believe in making fun of people’s hair that really can’t help it (like Britney Spears, for instance, who is going through something). What is ridiculous about Braggie is that she has messy hair and brags about not washing it and keeping it that way! 

Oh god I have heaps of empathy for Britney! I only hope for the best for her. But Braggie is just a horrible person in general and brags about her dirty head. Ugh. 

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie dear...trumpeting your children's foibles and bathroom habits on the gram has ZIPPO to do with "God's truth" and everything to do with you fishing for likes and desperate mommy followers.  Stick that in your narcissistic pipe and smoke it.  Skip a date night and run a fucking brush through your hair while you're at it. 

She does it yet again today. These types of stories are embarrassing for little ones and it doesn't make it ok to share just because he won't see it. My only takeaway from it is that Abbie and Shaun have too many children to care for properly. Poor Honor.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-10-18-13-17-29.png.272e0c7d423604be0bdd4d95e2b5d8ae.pngScreenshot_2020-10-18-13-01-40.thumb.png.9c86f91fdc7e45eac1ef6c12a2c494cf.png

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic