IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

Carlin drove me bonkers in this episode. Her “panic” seemed put on. Like a little kid who is crying but no one is paying attention so they just crank it up. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Not sure if anyone saw this yet, but Carlin dented the new car that she and Evan bought like two days ago. They posted a video named Calrin WRECKS Our NEW CAR. First off the car wasn't "wrecked" she just wasn't far enough from a gas station pump pole thing that I can't think of what else to call it right now. Second, the car is still very drive-able, they will probably end up getting an estimate to fix the dent. Third, SERIOUSLY, Carlin is acting all cute and adorbs while Evan is filming and explaining what happened in the SAME GAS STATION!

I don't know what the driving laws are in Tennessee as they could be different from where I am. But, from the way it sounds, there was no other car involved and little to no damage to the property. Plus, from the way it looks, there were no cops called to take a report or something like that. It looks like Carlin hit the thing and then sat in her car next to a gas pump waiting for Evan to come and film. Yes, she might've been a little shaken up as it was a huge dent in a new car. But like move your freaking car out of the way so others can get gas. 

Oh yeah, Evan keeps telling Carlin it's not her fault. When, clearly, during the entire first two minutes Evan admits Carlin hit the pole thingy at the gas station. Talk about being immaturity.

• Upvote 17

4 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Not sure if anyone saw this yet, but Carlin dented the new car that she and Evan bought like two days ago. They posted a video named Calrin WRECKS Our NEW CAR. First off the car wasn't "wrecked" she just wasn't far enough from a gas station pump pole thing that I can't think of what else to call it right now. Second, the car is still very drive-able, they will probably end up getting an estimate to fix the dent. Third, SERIOUSLY, Carlin is acting all cute and adorbs while Evan is filming and explaining what happened in the SAME GAS STATION!

I don't know what the driving laws are in Tennessee as they could be different from where I am. But, from the way it sounds, there was no other car involved and little to no damage to the property. Plus, from the way it looks, there were no cops called to take a report or something like that. It looks like Carlin hit the thing and then sat in her car next to a gas pump waiting for Evan to come and film. Yes, she might've been a little shaken up as it was a huge dent in a new car. But like move your freaking car out of the way so others can get gas. 

Oh yeah, Evan keeps telling Carlin it's not her fault. When, clearly, during the entire first two minutes Evan admits Carlin hit the pole thingy at the gas station. Talk about being immaturity.

Dunno why but this made me ragey. (Most prob pms). Carlin makes women look like dickheads. Is most prob what pisses me off. As you say. The car is fine. Move along. Tell your husband when you get home. What an attention seeking idiot. I just find her behaviour so demeaning to women. I hate the whole play dumb and hopeless routine. 

• Upvote 28
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Dunno why but this made me ragey. (Most prob pms). Carlin makes women look like dickheads. Is most prob what pisses me off. As you say. The car is fine. Move along. Tell your husband when you get home. What an attention seeking idiot. I just find her behaviour so demeaning to women. I hate the whole play dumb and hopeless routine. 

Exactly! What happened is a typical mistake/accident that most people end up dealing with at one point. Evan and Carlin made it sound like that Carlin had gotten into a terrible accident on the road and in reality it was just a dent in the car where no one else was involved. Carlin and Evan acted as though this was the funniest thing that ever happened to them. Well, I would love to see their faces when they get the number for the estimate to fix the dent.

Plus, it looks like she pretty much sat at a gas pump until Evan got there to film her. I can't help but wonder what was going through the minds of people who were sitting their waiting. Chances are they saw Carlin sitting in her car smiling and making phone calls and goofing off until Evan got there it film everything. Dents like this happens and I'm sure this wasn't the first time the gas station has dealt with an accident like that. They just had to deal with a married couple who has the maturity level of a middle school (junior high) couple.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

Ugh these two remind me of my SIL and her husband. They’re quitting their jobs and are going to try to make it as travel Youtubers and all of their videos are cringey and have attention grabbing names. They have a seven month old and they haven’t done any videos with the baby yet, but my SIL is already talking about building their brand as young parents and wanting to get some sponsorship deals for her kid to make some money from. I really thought having a kid might mature both Carlin and my SIL, but it’s really just highlighting how really immature they are. Also, the differences in personality between Carlin and Josie surprise me so much because they’re so close in age but Josie seems so much more calm and mature and doesn’t treat her kid like she’s an accessory. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

On 7/24/2020 at 3:44 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Correct. There is an increased risk of stillborn births if they stop the thinners too soon but a risk of bleeding out if they keep using the thinners until the birth itself. Yes, the thinners can be reversed medically, as happens with many patients. I take blood thinners and had to have an emergency appendectomy. They gave me something (not sure since I was drugged up on pain meds) to "thicken" my blood and reduce the risks of bleeding out during the surgery. 

Dr. Vick and others probably subscribe to the thought that it is safer to induce to control the timing on everything than risk the mother going into labor naturally. 

On 7/24/2020 at 12:02 PM, llucie said:

As i understand it the blood disorder causes clots that can be dangerous for both baby and mom (and cause miscarriages) so they need to inject themselves with blood thiners during the pregnancy, but it would be dangerous for them to be on blood thiners for the birth because of blood lost, so they stop the blood thiners and induce early so it doesnt happen that they go into labor naturally before  they had stoped the medication.

It all comes down to her special condition (there are several different ones) and medication (which also can very from case to case even with the same condition). Normally they try to put you on a different medication when you reach your due date. Often it’s a lower dosage and you have to apply it more often. So it wears off faster and you just stop using it as soon as you have first signs of labour or in time before an induction or a planned c-section. Bleeding out because of blood thinners is only a risk with a very high dosage- and obviously your doctors have to be aware what you take and when the last administration was. The lowest dosages are normally fine even close to a c-section. I mean you get them afterwards anyway when you are still in hospital. Same goes for people in a coma with internal bleeding. They are administered blood thinners too. 
With the right treatment the risk is minimal. I mean, as with everything there will always be a tiny bit of risk left. All confirmed Bates daughters have had no problems in their pregnancies or deliveries due to the treatment. I have never heard of the need to induce early because of the treatment but we also don’t know what exactly their condition and treatment is and different countries have different medical practices. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Right now Carlin might be saying they want "23" kids, but honesty, I think they are both too superficial and self-conscious for that. I think they'll stop when it starts affecting her figure. And that will be long before they come even close to 23.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Fuck my figure, I would be more worried about my vagina falling out and constant wee running down my leg after all them babies being on my bladder. The havoc that pregnancy does to your body.... 23, yeah nah on that. I cross my knees to sneeze as it is, after one lol. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

On 7/23/2020 at 1:50 PM, princessmahina said:

I crave chocolate cake 24/7. I wonder what that says about the state of my uterus ?

Haha same here! But I don't even have a uterus so I have no idea what that says about me! ?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, Skeptic55 said:

Well I guess she wrecked her SUV already. emoji849.png

no she dinged her car and milked it for attention. she is a attention seeking moron who sets the women's movement back to the stone age.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

I swear to Rufus if I ever see a dimwitted Carlin blocking a gas station pump I'm going to tell her to stop taking selfies and get her lazy Instagramming ass into her car and move it.

• Upvote 15
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I don’t watch Carlin and Evan’s videos because I don’t want to give them views, but I keep up with what people post about them here and on reddit. With these two for parents, I’m genuinely concerned about that baby. They may love her, but they don’t seem mature enough to keep up with complex medical needs and not have a bazillion children. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed quote that had to be hidden for rule violation.
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

And Carlin can't wear her mask properly in public. I commented about it on their video. At least Evan pulled the mask up over his nose. 

• Upvote 5

Not sure about Evan, but Carlin comes from a family in which having a baby with health issues does not refrain from an immediate new pregnancy. Addallee was born very ill, had hearing issues and who knows what more, etc but 4 more children were born after her (and there weren't more because Kelly's age). 

I can Josie or Alyssa or Whitney waiting some time before having another baby if they had a sick one. But Carlin seems desperate for attention and she looks very childish (so she can be in denial and think that Layla is better than she really is).

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I know a few people who won't even let people touch their babies right now. Only a "very" small cluster of people they go around. They have been called paranoid and overprotective. These are some scary times we are living in right now. I think it's better to be safe than sorry especially when you already know your baby has health issues. I LOVE my family, but would have totally ditched that family vacation the Bates had earlier this summer.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Please don't interest diagnose children based on what their parents post on social media.  Having watched this video - they did say they were going to discuss the issue with their doctor and that Layla had an upcoming 6 month wellness check.  They don't show actual doctors visits on vlogs like this because most doctors won't let them film.  We don't see everything going on.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Please don't interest diagnose children based on what their parents post on social media.  Having watched this video - they did say they were going to discuss the issue with their doctor and that Layla had an upcoming 6 month wellness check.  They don't show actual doctors visits on vlogs like this because most doctors won't let them film.  We don't see everything going on.  

Im simply very worried about that baby, I’ve lived a similar trajectory and expressed my worries. If it is against the rules delete it.

I’m not saying they are being neglectful, they are concerned. They should be and I hope they see a proactive Dr.  You’d be surprised how many are dismissive of new parents and their concerns.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I understand your concern.  However we do not have ALL the information. And as I pointed out - they were going to discuss it with their doctor.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

And Carlin can't wear her mask properly in public. I commented about it on their video. At least Evan pulled the mask up over his nose. 

I couldn't get over this! Walking into the Drs office she asks Evan if he has his mask and then she wears hers hanging down under her nose or barely even covering her mouth. Like...why even bother with the mask. 

I have to believe that someone in the clinic said something to her. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

Im simply very worried about that baby, I’ve lived a similar trajectory and expressed my worries. If it is against the rules delete it.

I’m not saying they are being neglectful, they are concerned. They should be and I hope they see a proactive Dr.  You’d be surprised how many are dismissive of new parents and their concerns.

Bolding mine on the above.  You aren't the first user to express such an attitude but it's pretty rude.

If people break the rules and something needs to be hidden (we don't delete) then someone needs to tell us, unless we stumble upon it as I just did.  Then we have to hide it.  Then issue a warning.

I don't know if you intended it to come across as "I'll post what I want and if they don't like it they can clean it up" but that's how it reads.  

And @clueliss is correct, it is against the rules to toss around internet diagnoses when it comes to children.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Bolding mine on the above.  You aren't the first user to express such an attitude but it's pretty rude.

If people break the rules and something needs to be hidden (we don't delete) then someone needs to tell us, unless we stumble upon it as I just did.  Then we have to hide it.  Then issue a warning.

I don't know if you intended it to come across as "I'll post what I want and if they don't like it they can clean it up" but that's how it reads.  

And @clueliss is correct, it is against the rules to toss around internet diagnoses when it comes to children.

I apologize, that is certainly not my attitude. If you check my history you will note that I am respectful. I didn’t know it was against the rules, I wouldn’t have posted it if I knew it was.  I do get passionate about kids health issues, my son died from a complicated disorder and I tend to jump in.

Edited by TeaELSee
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 6

10 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

I apologize, that is certainly not my attitude. If you check my history you will note that I am respectful. I didn’t know it was against the rules, I wouldn’t have posted it if I knew it was.  I do get passionate about kids health issues, my son died from a complicated disorder and I tend to jump in.

I’m so sorry you lost your son.

and yes, I know you’ve never been a problem  poster which is why I assumed you didn’t mean that the way it read to me.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 1

I think one point that we have to remember when speaking about the fundamentalist crowd is that they do not reason like we do. Everything with those folks is Jesus provides, Jesus takes the wheel, thy will be done...so much so that even fragile baby Josie was left in the care of GMM and more importantly Jana, while her parents galavanted around the globe. The ultimate consequence, death, is not even a deterrent for these folks because, meeting Jesus. Even suffering is seen as a means to be more like Jesus (dying on the cross).

They are willing to take chances that other people are not. We would call the behaviors irresponsible, but they call it faithfully relying on Jesus and the protection of His blood.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Thanks, @SassyPants this reminder helps me a little bit, but at the same time, it infuriates me even more, because ok that they think all in another way, but still if babies are a blessing ss you (fundie) says then why not taking care of that precious gift you have been trusted with? Why give it for granted? Don't you think that if someone (Jesus in this case) gives you something he will be more pleased to see that you are really taking care of it reader than left it for the new model/something you like more? 

Is like that after you open your gift at a party you say something like "oh thank you I really appreciate this, I really desired to have it, I would never dream to have such a beautiful gift..." And then you just throw it away for the next or just put it somewhere and forget almost every time except for a few times here and there 

• Upvote 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic