IGNORED

M is for Mama 6: M is for Mama 6: Temper Tantrum over Twins Twice

Coconut Flan

18 hours ago, katilac said:

Having one of the "littles" repeatedly thrust his pelvis at me made me rather uncomfortable. 

I didn't expect quite so much dirty dancing from Mormons. 

I'm no prude, not by a long shot. But some of the dancing from the littles looked provocative and age-inappropriate. And what was with the girls and duck lips? Every single one of them did it while they danced. I watched the whole thing on mute because the music ratcheted the cringe factor beyond my limits. 

I watched the whole 8+ minutes of sheer hell. I'm pretty sure I blacked out for a minute when the parents were dancing. The whole family looks like a Mormon recruitment pamphlet where they tell you how much gosh darn, rootin' tootin', wholesome fun you'll have being in a cult!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Color me surprised that a woman who professes to know the value of a dollar, who is always shopping for a bargain, with a bazillion kids, living in rural TX has never roasted a chicken? WHAT?  I hope she the boys cooked lots of sides, as I’m not sure if 1 chicken would adequately feed 4 adults (those boys have to have appetites) 1 gestating twins, and a gaggle of other kids. 

Two roasted chickens with sides would likely be enough for a family that size. Roasted chicken is so frugal and you can make soup with th r bones and any leftover chicken the next day.

• Upvote 6

Roasted chicken leftovers, although with the size of her crew they likely don’t have many leftovers, can turn into so many amazing and delicious dishes so quickly. God if she reads here the older boys will never get out of the kitchen! 

• Upvote 7

If Jaine's name really is JaineLee and they spelled it normally -- Jane Lee -- it wouldn't be so bad.  I read Jaine as pronounced Janey as every other girls has the "ee" sound on the name.

While I still think SaiDee is awful, I now realize first prize is shared by DeLayNee (who gets two weird capital letters) and ElleCee.

The Nelson have probably the most awful names I've seen, but I have seen others nearly as bad.  A women I worked with had a daughter Sha Line.  pronounced Shay Lynn.  Another woman I worked with decided on her daughters' nicknames first and then crafted names to fit.   Brandie -- was christened Brandolynne.  Bissy was really Belissa . And why yes the mom and dad both had "B" first names and the last name.

Not really run across  too many kre8tif boys names, but tons of Logan, Brogan, Grogan, Hogan, Justin, Dustin, Cody, Brody, Colt, Holt. Stetson.  I know of a child, about 7 now. named Ponyboy -- truthfully his real first name. The mom is a huuuuuge fan of S.E. HInton's "The Outsiders." Could be worse I guess, she could have named him after the character Sodapop.

Fun fact:  Johnny Cash's real name was J.R. Cash -- just initials. His family always called him J.R., even though he called himself Johnny.

I was in grad school with a guy whose father's name was S.O.  just initials, Named after some family friend who only went by his initials. My friend's dad called himself Bob.  My friend was supposed to be S.O. LastName Jr.  His mother wisely intervened and he was named Robert.  However, the family always called him Bob Jr.  and to this day he introduces himself as Bob Jr LastName.  Why yes it's the South, why do you ask?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

19 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

If Jaine's name really is JaineLee and they spelled it normally -- Jane Lee -- it wouldn't be so bad.  I read Jaine as pronounced Janey as every other girls has the "ee" sound on the name.

While I still think SaiDee is awful, I now realize first prize is shared by DeLayNee (who gets two weird capital letters) and ElleCee.

The Nelson have probably the most awful names I've seen, but I have seen others nearly as bad.  A women I worked with had a daughter Sha Line.  pronounced Shay Lynn.  Another woman I worked with decided on her daughters' nicknames first and then crafted names to fit.   Brandie -- was christened Brandolynne.  Bissy was really Belissa . And why yes the mom and dad both had "B" first names and the last name.

Not really run across  too many kre8tif boys names, but tons of Logan, Brogan, Grogan, Hogan, Justin, Dustin, Cody, Brody, Colt, Holt. Stetson.  I know of a child, about 7 now. named Ponyboy -- truthfully his real first name. The mom is a huuuuuge fan of S.E. HInton's "The Outsiders." Could be worse I guess, she could have named him after the character Sodapop.

Fun fact:  Johnny Cash's real name was J.R. Cash -- just initials. His family always called him J.R., even though he called himself Johnny.

I was in grad school with a guy whose father's name was S.O.  just initials, Named after some family friend who only went by his initials. My friend's dad called himself Bob.  My friend was supposed to be S.O. LastName Jr.  His mother wisely intervened and he was named Robert.  However, the family always called him Bob Jr.  and to this day he introduces himself as Bob Jr LastName.  Why yes it's the South, why do you ask?

I really hate the name Brogan. It’s basically the name you choose if you want to raise a dude bro. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Yeah, he had to legally change it to John R. Cash when he entered the military because initials weren’t allowed.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hate the name Brogan. It’s basically the name you choose if you want to raise a dude bro. 

Imagine naming your child after a shoe?

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Not really run across  too many kre8tif boys names, but tons of Logan, Brogan, Grogan, Hogan, Justin, Dustin, Cody, Brody, Colt, Holt. Stetson. 

Justin, Dustin, Cody, and Logan are fairly common "classic" boy names. The other ones are god awful trends that I can't wait to see die off. My apologies to any Grogans or Stetsons that may be offended.

I fully admit to being very picky about children's names because they eventually grow into adults that look silly because they have a dumb name. Imagine trying to get people to take you seriously in a business setting with a name like DeLayNee. It's a not just a bad name, its a hindrance. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

We like to roast chicken pieces rather than a whole bird. I stock up when they go on sale - drumsticks, thighs and the split breasts. For some reason my kids are more likely to gobble them up, and for me it’s a thousand times easier than a whole chicken. Plus there are still a lot of bones for soup. ?

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Not really run across  too many kre8tif boys names, but tons of Logan, Brogan, Grogan, Hogan, Justin, Dustin, Cody, Brody, Colt, Holt. Stetson.  

I know of several boys named Kyler. Like Kyle + Tyler. 

I understand that I'm a childfree weirdo, but I'll stick with naming cats. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

I know of several boys named Kyler. Like Kyle + Tyler. 

I understand that I'm a childfree weirdo, but I'll stick with naming cats. 

I also don’t have kids but I know I’d pick better names than most of these fundies do. Also on kre8ive spellings, I have an acquaintance from college who named her son Braylen which is both made up and has the trendy -aylen ending that is seen in Jaylen, Kaylen, Daylen, Raylen, Waylen, and more. I still shake my head every time I see one her posts about him. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

Imagine naming your child after a shoe?

I once saw an online hospital birth announcement for a baby girl named Brogan. All the announcements followed a template that included the definition of the name. Poor Brogan’s said, “Brogan is a good name! It means ‘heavy shoe.’”

The Nelson clips about the adopted children made me uneasy. They all seem to have been given a script about “how much I love my *forEVER* family!!!” Maybe it’s me, but the comments of the bio-kids sound a lot less stilted and more natural.

Edited by Hane
  • Haha 4

She said in her motivatememonday story that they hosted a small group at their home Sunday.  After she unnecessarily went thrifting the day before.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

I don't care if they social distanced.  This is exactly how this thing is spreading in smaller towns and rural areas - by privileged assholes who think it can't happen to them not following the rules.  :censored:

• Upvote 13

14 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

All your examples (naming someone only initials and so on) wouldn’t be allowed in Germany. I’m all for the utmost amount of freedom, but I’m happy we have what I consider to be reasonable naming laws. Still, I wish (though not for myself) it would be possible to change one’s name in adulthood but this isn’t an option at all. You can only add a name when you convert to another religion but aside from that, there’s nothing that can be done as far as I’m aware. 

• Upvote 2

Brogan? Brogan?! And those Nelson names, jeez. Why do people hate their children? 

And roast chicken is great; that's one of my go-to meals and probably one of the first I cooked after getting married. I can get three meals out of one.

Abbie, by the way? You're a moron. If you get sick because of that thrifting trip, you could DIE. So could your husband or your mother. So could your kids, but I think it's pretty conclusive that you don't care about them beyond photo ops. But hey, you'll look pretty in your coffin (that no one will see you in due to limited funerals) in that rad Anthro top!

• Upvote 12

28 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Abbie, by the way? You're a moron

Yikes, just realized you typed moron not Mormon. Editing my post to remove what I had said. I should finish my coffee before reading! Sorry for confusion. Yes, Abbie is a moron! 

Also, I laughed at her posting "people always comment that it doesn't look like we have enough food to feed our family, etc." after we were talking about how one chicken is not enough for them! Apparently, when she posts food, it doesn't look like a lot in photos but is a ton in real life and they usually have leftovers. ?‍♀️

Edited by therulesofjinx
Totally misread something, whoops!
  • Rufus Bless 3

The stats aren’t currently clear on how this virus is most easily spread, but my guess is that it’s most spread amongst family members living in the same home. Because you live together, eat together, snuggle together, etc. therefore if someone lives alone and they get sick and isolate, they probably won’t spread it around as much. However these giant fundie families mean that if one person gets the virus, then 8-15 others are getting it too. And because of this, I personally think large families have more of a duty to stay away from others. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And because of this, I personally think large families have more of a duty to stay away from others. 

I totally agree! I follow many large families and the amount of going out to eat or going shopping or gathering with neighbors, friends, etc., is alarming. I live in a two person household in a state that is starting to loosen restrictions and we still are only going to the grocery store and pharmacy. We certainly aren't hanging out with friends or going shopping just because stores opened back up!

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

All your examples (naming someone only initials and so on) wouldn’t be allowed in Germany. I’m all for the utmost amount of freedom, but I’m happy we have what I consider to be reasonable naming laws. Still, I wish (though not for myself) it would be possible to change one’s name in adulthood but this isn’t an option at all. You can only add a name when you convert to another religion but aside from that, there’s nothing that can be done as far as I’m aware. 

Same in Spain. You can change your name as an adult but only proving that everybody uses that name to call you and you have been consistently using it for years, and it's a long process. Also, if evidences are not enough, judge denies the name change. Here, surnames don't change by marriage, so basically your name given at birth will be your name forever and ever.

Name change is allowed in case of changing sex surgically, but again, it's a legal process, not an easy name change.

Maybe it is just fiction, but in a lot of American movies people change names and even surnames. How authorities track people is one can change his or her identity? Is it that easy?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

I totally agree! I follow many large families and the amount of going out to eat or going shopping or gathering with neighbors, friends, etc., is alarming. I live in a two person household in a state that is starting to loosen restrictions and we still are only going to the grocery store and pharmacy. We certainly aren't hanging out with friends or going shopping just because stores opened back up!

My older son hasn’t been in the car since March 13th! Lol. My younger son was in the car last week for the first time since March because he needed to go to the doctor. In theory, I could drag them to the store or go out to eat. But I won’t. 

• Upvote 7

I have a lovely work friend with great kids. When I finally saw her son's name written down, I really tried not to lose respect for her and her husband. Khaden -- why the H?!?!

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 3

2 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I have a lovely work friend with great kids. When I finally saw her son's name written down, I really tried not to lose respect for her and her husband. Khaden -- why the H?!?!

Look at the bright side, at least it’s not a girl named Khaidynn. 

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

.Maybe it is just fiction, but in a lot of American movies people change names and even surnames. How authorities track people is one can change his or her identity? Is it that easy?

I know only one person who changed his last name. His wife didn’t like the original one. They divorced a few years later but the last name stuck. And only one friend who changed her middle name to her first name when she got married. She always went by that name so it made sense to drop the first name.

• Upvote 2

To be fair, Brogan is a traditional Irish surname - there's a Saint Brogan as well, connected to Saint Patrick. It may be weirdly popular right now because it fits a trend, but it's Gaelic, not some new Kre8ive spelling. (in other words, just 'cause a name is unfamiliar or in a language that was almost wiped out thanks to colonization and racism, doesn't make it ~weird~.) 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

@Melissa1977, it really is pretty easy to change one’s name legally in most of the US—in my state, the private judge just has to be certain you’re not changing your name to commit fraud. At the time of my divorce, I could have gone back to my maiden name immediately and for no fee, but I wanted to change my middle name and wasn’t sure which one to choose. A year later, I met with my local probate judge and paid a $250 fee to change my middle name and return to my maiden name.

I also know several people—including men—who legally changed their surnames in order to disassociate themselves from their abusive fathers.

People’s names may change, but their Social Security Numbers don’t—that’s how we keep track.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic