IGNORED

M is for Mama 6: M is for Mama 6: Temper Tantrum over Twins Twice

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s taking advantage of the fact that people with common sense are staying home right now. 

I can't say that the same thought hasn't crossed my mind. But unlike Abbie, there's no bargain that's tempting enough to make me shop unnecessarily. I can't imagine selfishly endangering my children's lives because I need a cheap ugly shirt. Whatever. Rock on, Abbie, you stupid bitch.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I can't say that the same thought hasn't crossed my mind. But unlike Abbie, there's no bargain that's tempting enough to make me shop unnecessarily. I can't imagine selfishly endangering my children's lives because I need a cheap ugly shirt. Whatever. Rock on, Abbie, you stupid bitch.

I personally try very hard not to be the covid police. I try to remember I don’t know the situations and difficulties of strangers or neighbors and I will try not to judge and I definitely don’t say anything to them about taking risks. However I feel that I know enough about Braggie to make a judgment on this topic. And she is being selfish and ignorant. As usual. 

• Upvote 11

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I personally try very hard not to be the covid police. I try to remember I don’t know the situations and difficulties of strangers or neighbors and I will try not to judge and I definitely don’t say anything to them about taking risks. However I feel that I know enough about Braggie to make a judgment on this topic. And she is being selfish and ignorant. As usual. 

My across the street neighbors have large family gatherings almost every weekend and that hasn't stopped for quarantine. I can't imagine it's a smart choice but that's their business. We've seen them at the grocery store, husband, wife, and all three kids. They let their kids run around the store unsupervised, shouting and running around in the aisles, atrocious behavior at any time but absolutely horrible during a pandemic. I've never said a word to them in the three years I've lived here but I'm definitely judging.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 2

55 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

My across the street neighbors have large family gatherings almost every weekend and that hasn't stopped for quarantine. I can't imagine it's a smart choice but that's their business. We've seen them at the grocery store, husband, wife, and all three kids. They let their kids run around the store unsupervised, shouting and running around in the aisles, atrocious behavior at any time but absolutely horrible during a pandemic. I've never said a word to them in the three years I've lived here but I'm definitely judging.

That sucks :( All of my neighbors have been quite careful. It’s usually just some teen neighbors not social distancing. That’s the worst I’ve seen in my neighborhood. But I can’t blame their parents because teens think they are invincible. And I imagine they have a hard time staying 6 feet apart when they are hanging out with friends. Especially girlfriend/boyfriend relationships. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

My housing situation (which wasn't ideal to begin with) imploded in March, right around when things were getting scary with Covid. I've been an extended type hotel since the very end of March.

It's been pretty quiet until this past week -- there were a few situations where people took advantage of lower rates to try and set up party rooms (and usually got booted the next morning, if the manager hadn't been there for check-in). Most of the other guests were long-term folks like me or someone who had no choice but to travel for work. And since Friday, I've heard several families -- with kids. Most talking about their fishing trip or family visit or whatever. Not doing masks or gloves or reminding kids to wash their hands REALLY WELL once they're in the room -- a few let their kids run up and down the halls, touch everything, and so on. 

The state I'm in (Colorado) had a restaurant open for full service last week, only to be shut down by the health department AND get a public scolding from the governor. (AND schools are still technically "in session" despite having been online since March.)

This is the time of year that I *want* to do things like take myself to breakfast and then spend the rest of the day at bookstores and craft stores, but I'm not pushing for it. 

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1

On 5/15/2020 at 8:33 PM, TuringMachine said:

I find JourNee to the most offensive.

I think this video tells you all you need to know about them. 

Hide contents

Having one of the "littles" repeatedly thrust his pelvis at me made me rather uncomfortable. 

I didn't expect quite so much dirty dancing from Mormons. 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

On 5/15/2020 at 9:33 PM, TuringMachine said:

I find JourNee to the most offensive.

I think this video tells you all you need to know about them. 

Hide contents

Thanks, I went down a huge hole on these people today. So much cringe. So much making the older kids do stuff. It looks like the 9 year olds have to bathe the 5 year olds. And the dad wrote a rap about how he met the mom at a Mormon university.

• WTF 3

I'm inclined to find 'Kennadee' more offensive.

But given the amount of come-hither dancing (even by the littles?! wtf did I just watch??) I'm guessing they're not fundie? Or is that term evolving again? FUNDIEDOM HAS CHANGED SINCE THE DUGGAR'S WENT MODERN MODEST.

Edit: Wait a minute.
Boys:
Bridger
Trey
Luke
Beckham
Girls:
KennaDee (Kennedy)
Kassadee (Cassidy)
JourNee (Journey)
Jaine (Jane)
LiLee (Lily)
SaiDee (Sadie)
NayVee (Navy, which I've never heard used as a name before, but)
PaisLee (Paisley)
DeLayNee (Delaney)
PresLee (Presley)
ElleCee (Elsie)

So the boys get nice, normal (well, Bridger is a stretch) names, but the girls get massively bastardized (complete with random capitalisation) 'trendy' names?

Edit Part 2: And Kassadee is married. Of course she is, because she's a whole 19.

Edit Part 3: And of course now there's a Ledger. Sweet mother of pearl...  I need some hard cider.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I have 4 Utah Mormon stories that all took place on the same trip  -- a car trip vacay of Northern AZ  and Utah.

#1 -- We stopped in some tiny fly speck town, not even a town really just a general store that sold gas and a few houses. Hubby was filling the tank and I went inside to find the ladies room. I get 2 words out of my mouth and the seriously uber creepy guy at the counter says -- '"You're not from here. I can tell -- you're...... you're ......too pretty"  He looks me up and down as if figuring whether I'd make a good sister wife.  I realize there are 3-4 other creepy guys in the store all staring at me. I was scared, terrified really. I ask for the ladies, scurry off, bolt the door, finish up quickly and run (literally) out to the car and lock myself in. Hubby says what's wrong I say pay up quickly and let's get out of here. Then tell him the story once we're away from the place 

#2 We are having dinner in Cedar City,  Utah, which has a small college. The restaurant is crowded with college students, but all of them are sitting in gender segregated tables. We are very close to the next table and I'm the hot topic of conversation and speculation among the girls at the next table. Who aren't bothering to keep their voices down,  Here I am -- really long red hair, black t-shirt, black linen pants, wearing red lipstick (this is a normal outfit for me).  The girls are speculating where we are from -- they figure Los Angeles.  Next up is the black outfit. This is a big deal to them (I realize no one else in the entire restaurant is wearing anything black) So they figure I must be one of those Satan worshippers they've heard about. Because yeah, LA and all black.  Next up-- the red lipstick.  Ooooooo this is the most scandalous of all.  It's red lipstick, What does that mean?  Is it a satanic thing or what?  By this point we've finished dinner and paid the bill and as we leave I lean over the girls table and say "Oh honey that's not lipstick, it's dried blood." Smile at the collective gasps and walk out.

#3  -- Same evening after dinner we drive around Cedar City to see the sites -- such as they are.  I count 27 Mormon wards and the tiny tiny Franciscan Mission to the Navahos. Not one other church.

#4  -- We're driving on the interstate and begin to pass through Hildale Utah, when I realize this is a polygamous town -- huge houses, zillion children in the yards, everyone in little house on the prairie clothes. We've gone about a mile when hubby says don't turn around but we're being followed. I glance in the rearview mirror and a cop car is nearly on our bumper.  A moment later I notice another cop car has pulled up besides us.  These 2 cars keep right on us until we're about 5 miles past the city limits when they both peel off on to side roads.  It was probably the Nevada plates on the rental car.  It was weird, really weird.

Not saying all Mormons nor all of Utah is like this, but that was my Utah experience, and I've never wanted to go back.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 13
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

Jaine (Jane)

In one of their Q&A videos they mentioned that Jaine is actually JaineLee. No girl escapes the EE.

Oh so I watched a couple of the adoption story videos. They confirm that all the adopted kids were renamed except LiLee because the mom had a vision of adopting a girl with that name. I'm guessing they changed the spelling to match though.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 5

6 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

In one of their Q&A videos they mentioned that Jaine is actually JaineLee. No girl escapes the EE.

Oh so I watched a couple of the adoption story videos. They confirm that all the adopted kids were renamed except LiLee because the mom had a vision of adopting a girl with that name. I'm guessing they changed the spelling to match though.

That must have been fun at school.
Teacher: "Jane?"
Jaine: "It's actually pronounced 'JaineLee'.
Teacher: "................................................"

Well. That confirms (though it was never really in doubt) that they did indeed capitalise and spell that way on purpose...

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 1

"(I did miraculously find it one day when I wandered into a shop just killing time while Shaun did a repair on one of our rentals, and the lady sold it to me for $500, even though it was marked $1,200, because she was going out of business. And then I won an Amazon gift card for $500 the next day?)."

Lots of stupid things in her latest instagram post. Did we know they have rentals? That helps to explain where all the money comes from. She doesn't mention them usually because she wants to make it seem like her husband supports them all entirely from the software development job.

• Upvote 11

38 minutes ago, Ausje said:

"(I did miraculously find it one day when I wandered into a shop just killing time while Shaun did a repair on one of our rentals, and the lady sold it to me for $500, even though it was marked $1,200, because she was going out of business. And then I won an Amazon gift card for $500 the next day?)."

Lots of stupid things in her latest instagram post. Did we know they have rentals? That helps to explain where all the money comes from. She doesn't mention them usually because she wants to make it seem like her husband supports them all entirely from the software development job.

I didn’t catch that! You’re so right. She’s such a snob. I hate how she trickle truths (lies) about her home build. When she says “we” or “Shaun” that implies only them. But, now she is admitting (I suspect not fully) that it took Shaun 2 WHOLE years and he didn’t do it all by himself. Plus, another year for the interior. He had lots of help. Specifically, his dad. And other professionals, when the job called for it. Like all home builds. Abbie didn’t lift a finger, other than wallpaper and furnish her home. 

• Upvote 5

One of the commenters on Braggy's latest Instagram post says how her home looks very "kid friendly". ??? That has to be sarcasm right. Never seen a less kid friendly house than Braggy's. Especially if you take into account that the house is basically a big fire trap from which the kids will be unable to escape if there would ever be a house fire. 
Not kid friendly at all. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

Texas had the highest single jump in the number of COVID cases on Saturday, something like 1600.  But thrifting, y'all, that's an ESSENTIAL activity.  

Just looked - the thrifting pics are not in her stories any more.  Wonder if she got some push back, even from her humpers.

• Upvote 13

If I knew I would have a bazillion kids and built my own home, I would build something smaller and one story. I live in a two story home and I remember wishing we lived in a one story when I had a toddler constantly wanting to go up and down the stairs. I also wouldn’t decorate the way she does. Those millions of rugs must get stained and spilled on often. I would buy easy to clean rugs and I wouldn’t pile three on top of each other. I also would buy couches with easy to wash covers. I would get rid of all those tchotchkes. Who has time to dust all that shit when you have 10 kids? I would also get rid of almost all the pillows. Kids constantly move them all around. Ask me how I know! I purposely only have 2 pillows on my couch because the kids throw them on the floor constantly. I would also buy a lot of dishes and cups that are hard to break. If she always has a toddler and her kids usually do the dishes, she needs durable stuff. There are probably a million other practical things I would do to fix her ridiculous home, but I’ve already listed a ton. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

There is nothing (NOTHING, Abbie!!!) kid-friendly about a house that has no baby gates on the stairs.

ETA:  I’ve known families that left  their gates up until after the youngest was in Kindergarten.  

Edited by catlady
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

10 minutes ago, catlady said:

There is nothing (NOTHING, Abbie!!!) kid-friendly about a house that has no baby gates on the stairs.

ETA:  I’ve known families that left  their gates up until after the youngest was in Kindergarten.  

I admit we still have a gate at the top of the stairs on our second floor and my kids are 7 and 5. We live in an old house with steep stairs so it’s basically a reminder for my kids to slow down and be careful on the stairs. I’ll likely get rid of it in the next year. 

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit we still have a gate at the top of the stairs on our second floor and my kids are 7 and 5. We live in an old house with steep stairs so it’s basically a reminder for my kids to slow down and be careful on the stairs. I’ll likely get rid of it in the next year. 

Exactly!  You’ve kept it up for the safety of your kids.  The people in my life who talked about their baby-gates pretty much waited till they felt their kids were steady on their feet, and their kids seemed to reach that point at different ages.  one did so because of the layout of the house; her stairs ended very close to the opposite wall, and if her kid fell, he easily could have crashed into said wall.  So she left the gates up (top and bottom), did her best to monitor him, and taught him to walk slowly on the stairs.

• Upvote 6

Not just safety, there also isn't any hint of toys or anything fun for the kids around most of the time. Let us not forget the time she got angry at 4 year old Theo for making a little sculpture of toys on his shelf.

Seriously what on earth in that house could be considered "kid friendly"? The giant concrete island the kids could crack their head on while cooking for their siblings? Or is it completely un-baby-proofed bathrooms the toddlers are constantly getting into? Or maybe the meticulous arrangement of throw pillows the kids can't mess up or else feel Braggie's wrath. Or the forking mattresses on the floor the kids had to sleep on for what a year while Braggie and Shaun took their sweet time getting them real beds.

God I hate Abbie

• Upvote 14

Color me surprised that a woman who professes to know the value of a dollar, who is always shopping for a bargain, with a bazillion kids, living in rural TX has never roasted a chicken? WHAT?  I hope she the boys cooked lots of sides, as I’m not sure if 1 chicken would adequately feed 4 adults (those boys have to have appetites) 1 gestating twins, and a gaggle of other kids. 

• Upvote 9

Say what! It's not hard to roast a chicken. As much as she's on the internet you'd think she could find a recipe.  Although 1 chicken isn't much for 10 people and gestating twins.

Braggie really has off-loaded parenting to her eldest children. Does she do any parenting -- besides squirting fuss juice and being mad when they disarrange her precious throw pillows?

Echoing @TuringMachine I hate her.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 12

WTF. She has never roasted a chicken?!?!?!? I roasted a chicken in college!!!! This woman has 8 going on 10 kids, has stayed at home, and has NEVER roasted a chicken!?!??! 

I'm honestly shocked.

I have noticed Braggie always has her nails painted as well. There is always a color (usually blue) on her fingers and toes. I'm all for self-care but I constantly see evidence that Abbie is nothing but self-interested.

Abbie puts herself first. #1= Braggie Abbie. Then Shaun. The kids get whatever else is left.

Braggie focuses on her exercising, doing her make-up, nails, bargain hunting for anthro clothes and decor items, playing on Instagram, and whatever is left of the day gets split up between Shaun and the 8 kids.

I believe Shaun is severely conflict avoidant. The huge problem with conflict avoidant men is that one day, they explode. The resentment and frustration builds up constantly yet they will never voice it nor speak about how they feel. Many conflict avoidant men end up blindsiding their wives with a divorce. The wives have absolutely no idea.

How do I know?

My ex of 7.5 years was extremely conflict avoidant. I thought we were perfect. My ex NEVER expressed his unhappiness and never even shared his feelings about anything either. I am like Abbie in that I'm opinionated, competitive, and wore the pants. I thought things were great. One day, I came home from work, and every single item down to his chapstick was GONE. I had NO idea he was upset. This happened in November and I have PTSD from it. I'm in many Facebook support groups from women who have suffered this too and every single one of them had a conflict avoidant husband. I've learned a lot about conflict avoidant men.

From what we know, Shaun does not appear happy. Shaun appears completely "checked out". I think he enjoys travelling to get away from the family. I believe he keeps impregnanting Abbie to keep her calm and off his back while letting Ezra, Simon, and Della take over the parenting.

It's likely that Shaun will never tell Abbie how he feels. He knows it wouldn't end well. I believe one day, when all of the kids are older, Shaun will have had enough and simply walk out. In my Facebook support group of wives, most of the men have walked out after 25+ years of marriage. 35-40 yrs is common. It's devastating because the minds of the men are already made up and the wives had no idea they were checked out for years. The men are conflict avoidant and end up taking the coward's way out.

If TAM's doctor husband is capable of having affairs while keeping up the "happy family" image by giving her 10 kids, then any of these Quiverfull fundie men can. If TAM's husband has no issues with proceeding with a divorce, then I don't see why others wouldn't dare. Like Braggie, TAM is opinionated and seemed to rule the roost. It's likely that TAM's husband was also conflict avoidant. He gave her all the babies she wanted to keep her off his back while living a secret life on the side and once he had enough, he chose the coward's way out.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 13

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Color me surprised that a woman who professes to know the value of a dollar, who is always shopping for a bargain, with a bazillion kids, living in rural TX has never roasted a chicken? WHAT?  I hope she the boys cooked lots of sides, as I’m not sure if 1 chicken would adequately feed 4 adults (those boys have to have appetites) 1 gestating twins, and a gaggle of other kids. 

It’s not enough, for sure. Roasting a chicken is frugal/large family cooking 101. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I knew I would have a bazillion kids and built my own home, I would build something smaller and one story. I live in a two story home and I remember wishing we lived in a one story when I had a toddler constantly wanting to go up and down the stairs. I also wouldn’t decorate the way she does. Those millions of rugs must get stained and spilled on often. I would buy easy to clean rugs and I wouldn’t pile three on top of each other. I also would buy couches with easy to wash covers. I would get rid of all those tchotchkes. Who has time to dust all that shit when you have 10 kids? I would also get rid of almost all the pillows. Kids constantly move them all around. Ask me how I know! I purposely only have 2 pillows on my couch because the kids throw them on the floor constantly. I would also buy a lot of dishes and cups that are hard to break. If she always has a toddler and her kids usually do the dishes, she needs durable stuff. There are probably a million other practical things I would do to fix her ridiculous home, but I’ve already listed a ton. 

After reading this, I have lot's of ideas for a house with 10 kids and less half the square footage she has. Besides a nice large living- und diningroom with space for all. I would create a nice sized, but seperate kitchen, with space for the little ones to help but also doors to close to cook undisturbed when needed. On the mainfloor a bedroom area for the parents and the smaller ones and in the attic the bedroom space for the older kids, with a communal area to hang out without the smaller siblings. I would make a kiddie bathroom for the smaller ones with lower hanging toilet and sinks so they can use it better. The other bathroom would be made of 3 parts, one part showertub, one part sink and one part toilet, so 3 people can use it at the same time without lack of privacy. The bedrooms would be small, but with sensible storage solutions like underbed storage to maximise the space. 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Roasted would one chicken didn't feed them all, but as part of a soup or casserole can. And confession, I never roasted a whole chicken, only chickenlegs. When cooking a whole chicken I use it for a soup or frikasse.

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic