IGNORED

M is for Mama 6: M is for Mama 6: Temper Tantrum over Twins Twice

Coconut Flan

Replying to @TuringMachine from the last thread:

Yeah, this is a mess. It is in script handwriting, which is used for Modern Hebrew not the Torah/religious texts. In Modern Hebrew you wouldn't use the vowels for fluent speakers, although you might for language learners or children. But you would never include vowels on the first word but not the second--you have to be consistent. Weird as hell.

I agree that tza'ar isn't the right word, either. As it is, the phrase means something like "there's no sorrow/worry" or "we don't have any sorrow." Nothing about regrets and not idiomatic.

Just your totally normal Christian symbol + Jewish symbol that was invented in the Middle Ages, way after Christ + a version of Hebrew that was invented in the 19th century, way way after Christ, on a decorative item in your house that no Jews will see. Having a Heart for the Jews (tm).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

I was just thinking - it seems she really doesn’t want the twins.  Why don’t we find a nice family to adopt them?  For example Michaela Bates.  She would treat the twins as precious gifts from God rather then a Trophy ? for having sex. 

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 3

55 minutes ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Yeah, this is a mess. It is in script handwriting, which is used for Modern Hebrew not the Torah/religious texts. In Modern Hebrew you wouldn't use the vowels for fluent speakers, although you might for language learners or children. But you would never include vowels on the first word but not the second--you have to be consistent. Weird as hell.

I did think it was interesting that they used cursive. I'm more familiar with block print than cursive, since, as you said cursive isn't used in religious texts, and that's where they majority of my exposure comes from. 

Now I'm pretty curious how this even happened. I have to imagine they asked two different people to "translate" each word and then with their complete lack of knowledge of Hebrew letters they just smushed the two together without realizing that one had vowels and the other didn't.

Next time you want random Hebrew on something Braggie, just use אני לדודי ודודי לי (ani l'dodi v'dodi li) which means "I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine". It's the version of Hebrew actually used in Jewish texts, it's from the bible, and it's common enough that even knowing no Hebrew you can be confident it's written correctly and means what you think it means.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Next time you want random Hebrew on something Braggie, just use אני לדודי ודודי לי (ani l'dodi v'dodi li) which means "I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine".

That's much too lovely a thought for her. How about   קשה זה לא כמו רע

Spoiler

hard is not the same as bad

Or, if she was really going to be honest, אני מלכת הכל

Spoiler

I am the queen of everything!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17
  • Love 7

13 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

I was just thinking - it seems she really doesn’t want the twins.  Why don’t we find a nice family to adopt them?  For example Michaela Bates.  She would treat the twins as precious gifts from God rather then a Trophy ? for having sex. 

Isn’t it funny how fundies always seem the answer to unwanted pregnancies for unmarried women is adoption. Yet they would never consider it for themselves in a million years. My thoughts is that if you are pushing it on unmarried women, you should also consider it for yourself. But instead, they beat, neglect, and spiritually abuse them. Because that’s so much better than abortion. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

As far as we know, Michaela is a strict fundie. And this means training, and banning a lot of activities, and not letting kids be themselves. Nobody knows if she would beat the kids, but at the very least, brainwashing would be a reality.

Why not to give them to a heathen couple that would put them in a nice school, raise them gently (as opposed to train) and accept them no matter how they are?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 16

Random musing.

I've spent my morning watching long-term food storage prep videos   Supply chains breaking down if Covid-19 gets a lot worse (which it will) is a distinct possibility.  I'm not panicking, mind you - I don't panic.  But I'm seeing the wisdom of having a few months' worth of rice and beans stored, finally learning how to can (which i've wanted to for years, but city/apt. life didn't motivate me very much), getting my vegetable garden started, etc.

Braggie came to mind.  They live in that ginormous house that costs a fortune to cool.   She picks up her groceries at a curb.  They live on that beautiful piece of land and they have no garden, no small livestock.  

I feel secure because we know how to grow a garden and we have the space to do it.  We know how to raise and butcher chickens (BTDT).  We know how to keep up a good laying flock (BTDT).  I know how to cook a healthful vegan diet because I've done it before.  

How would Braggie and Shaun feed 10 kids if the SHTF?  Does she ever even think about such things?  Will she think about it if the S DOES HTF and she looks around at her barn full of thousands of dollars of useless decor that can't feed her children?  

• Upvote 6

Yet another bragging post from Abbie. This time she condescendingly explains how she's not better than even though it looks that way. Spoiler alert: she thinks shes better than you.

She comes dangerously close to saying that she foists the work onto the big kids but stops short of actually saying it.

"A) I have older kids who are very fun and helpful. If you are comparing your life of two kids under 4 to mine and wondering why you feel overwhelmed a lot and I don’t seem to with 4 times as many kids, it’s not a fair comparison for you or for me. I’ve been doing this a decade longer and have way more adultish level interaction and helping hands. My life currently looks VASTLY different to 10 years ago. (Same for if you have special needs kids, a husband who’s never home, a chronic illness, etc. We each have unique stories, and comparison never helps)"

It makes zero difference if the kids are "adultish". Raising their siblings is not their job. The whole post comes off as incredibly smug.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

54 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Yet another bragging post from Abbie. This time she condescendingly explains how she's not better than even though it looks that way. Spoiler alert: she thinks shes better than you.

She comes dangerously close to saying that she foists the work onto the big kids but stops short of actually saying it.

"A) I have older kids who are very fun and helpful. If you are comparing your life of two kids under 4 to mine and wondering why you feel overwhelmed a lot and I don’t seem to with 4 times as many kids, it’s not a fair comparison for you or for me. I’ve been doing this a decade longer and have way more adultish level interaction and helping hands. My life currently looks VASTLY different to 10 years ago. (Same for if you have special needs kids, a husband who’s never home, a chronic illness, etc. We each have unique stories, and comparison never helps)"

It makes zero difference if the kids are "adultish". Raising their siblings is not their job. The whole post comes off as incredibly smug.

We know how to read between the lines. She’s saying she has 3 live in nannies to take care of her youngest kids. 

My prediction: Ezra and Simon will be in charge of all diaper changes, bathing, dressing, and rocking of the newborn twins. Braggie will only provide breast milk. 

Shiloh will be handed off to Della. 

The Twirlies will be in charge of Theo and Honor.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

This is probably the least helpful advice I’ve ever seen. So when you pray, is god going to tell you how to check your cervical mucous? Will he teach you about basal body temperature? Does she realize what a shit answer this is? Tell her to fucking read a book about NFP or see a doctor! The was a doctor in my OBGYN practice that gave women tons of info on NFP. Ask a fucking doctor, not god. He won’t educate you on it!

859F458F-32B2-4EFF-B747-7E491ACBC7CA.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 7

I'm actually glad she didn't give out any advice, because her version of NFP obviously didn't work.?

Seriously tho, why would you ask a mother of almost 10 kids for NFP advice?? ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 1

Braggie has always had so much support from her parents. It’s why they are so successful. Because her parents let them live on an entire floor of their home when they had two small children. How much you want to bet Braggie’s mom did a bunch of free childcare, cleaning, cooking, and laundry back then. She’s always been so fucking privileged. She has so much help. If everyone had as much privilege and help As her, we would all be living in giant beautiful houses too.

915EEB5D-855A-4479-8067-812316D830C6.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 5

That's also not small either. I live in about 1000 sq ft apartment and I could see living with two small children in here.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 14

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie has always had so much support from her parents. It’s why they are so successful. Because her parents let them live on an entire floor of their home when they had two small children. How much you want to bet Braggie’s mom did a bunch of free childcare, cleaning, cooking, and laundry back then. She’s always been so fucking privileged. She has so much help. If everyone had as much privilege and help As her, we would all be living in giant beautiful houses too.

I thought she has said that her family was poor and didn’t have much, and she used this as a reason why she employs and pays her mother. So she had an entire floor for her family (nearly 1500) square feet. I grew up in a family with 5 people in a space that size. She is truly an entitled, tone deaf twat.

• Upvote 15

49 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I thought she has said that her family was poor and didn’t have much, and she used this as a reason why she employs and pays her mother. So she had an entire floor for her family (nearly 1500) square feet. I grew up in a family with 5 people in a space that size. She is truly an entitled, tone deaf twat.

She said her dad worked long hours so her mom didn’t have to work. That way she could homeschool her two kids. I’m guessing they weren’t poor at all. Maybe they weren’t well off. But I bet they always had food, clothing, heat, electricity, cars, a nice home, and some extras. 

• Upvote 8

Good grief she has no idea! My husband and I lived with our daughter starting when she was 9 months old until she was 13 years old in less than 900 feet. And at various points over those years we had one extra person living with us. 

• Upvote 8

My house is 1380 and we live just fine in it with two kids, two adults, and a cat. But we also have an unfinished basement that isn’t counted in that. If a second story is that big, the entire house is probably 2600 sq ft or more.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Don’t worry guys. The twins will be adopted by Ezra anyway. 

And Softa will do all the goat-raising, gardening, and food prep

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh my. This may be her most time dead quote yet. Especially since regular readers know how much her mom helps even now. 

• Upvote 3

You guys have to remember that Braggie Abbie lives out in the sticks in deep East Texas where land is cheap. She makes a 1 hr round trip just to go to the gym.

• Upvote 9

Another random musing...I have lived in East Texas for 15 years and Braggie is the first person I've ever encountered who was born and raised here and has NO trace of an accent.  It startled me the first time I heard her speak.

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Another random musing...I have lived in East Texas for 15 years and Braggie is the first person I've ever encountered who was born and raised here and has NO trace of an accent.  It startled me the first time I heard her speak.

It’s probably because she was so isolated growing up. Her mom may not have an east Texas accent and that’s why she doesn’t. 

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She is truly an entitled, tone deaf twat.

Why yes. Yes she is. Exactly!  x1000!!

19 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Spoiler alert: she thinks shes better than you.

Because she's so shiny, happy, sparkly, Jesus-y, fake sugar-y sweet, and oh so very humble.  And she lives in a bigger than you do -- Anthro decorated at that. 

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic