IGNORED

M is for Mama 6: M is for Mama 6: Temper Tantrum over Twins Twice

Coconut Flan

30 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

That's not love Braggie

Right. Because nothing says love like inviting your kid home for the holidays but telling them their SO isn’t welcome.  That’s how Braggie would ‘love’ a child whose ‘choices’ she didn’t support.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

23 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Earlier today someone posted a beautiful comment over in one of the Duggar threads. It was about how no one enjoys or can successfully cope with having child after child, and happily and healthfully meet all the kids’ individual needs. So, of course, corners are cut, work is shunted to older kids and justifications are lined up. The comment was spot on. Abbie’s children are meant to both pick up the work and childcare load AND take care of her. These folks need to stop having kids.

Long ago on the Duggar TWoP thread, someone perfectly refuted Michelle’s “Having too many children is like having too many flowers” quote.

This isn’t a problem for you Braggie because you aren’t the one constantly looking after the 9 month old. Imagine how many times you have to say no to a 9 month old in a giant cluttered home that isn’t baby proofed! This is exactly why her toddlers flood her bathrooms.

“We don’t child-proof the home, we home-proof the child.”

• Upvote 6

Abbie won't discuss the topic of spanking in public, as per today's live. But you can PM her for more information.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that essentially a de facto statement of guilt? God, I hate her.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

11 minutes ago, mysweetetc said:

Abbie won't discuss the topic of spanking in public, as per today's live. But you can PM her for more information.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that essentially a de facto statement of guilt? God, I hate her.

Oh you know she spanks. I think you would have a very hard time finding a huge fundie family that didn’t spark. They just hide it now.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Non fundie here, was a grandma at 38. Will be a grandma again at 56. May end up a great-grandma by 60. Who knows.

Bored off my ass here...Turns out work gig was/is a part-time gig. I start the other part time job on June 8th. Things here are slowly starting to reopen but my inherent cheapness keeps me at home. Besides, my feline headships were NOT pleased that I was not home and didn't seem to understand that mama went to work to keep them in food and treats. 

On Topic: Braggie has too many kids. I don't wish anyone harm, but I hope she gets a rude awakening this time around. I don't do throw pillows either...cats see them as potential scratching posts. 

• Upvote 4

The youngest grandmother I ever knew about was 32-33.  A girl I knew slightly in high school had a baby at 16. She got pregnant by her 25 year-old high school drop out boyfriend, then married, and then was divorced within a year.

Her mother had married at 15, had a baby at 16, divorced at 19.  At 19 her mother decided to have the youth she'd thrown away and was always out and about.  Left her daughter home alone from about age 7 on.  The weekend the girl figured she got pregnant her mother and several friends left for a week's partying at the beach.  The boyfriend came over, and one thing led to another. She dropped out of 11th grade and never returned to school.

If history repeated itself (and I soooo hope it didn't) she might have been a grandmother at 33, and her mother a great grand at 49.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Sad 9

11 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Sadly I think the reaction of many fundies -- and non fundies -- is that they really would rather the child be dead than have close family, relatives, friends, co-workers, clients, their social circle, the small town, their church know the child is LGBTQ. 

Ignorant people will gossip and more than a few will wonder outloud  and ask, "what did you do to make him/her that way?" There are far too many parents who would rather a death than deal with that.

(Says she who grew up in a small town).

This reminds me of a story my aunt told us a few years back (she’s borderline fundie). When the preachers son came out as gay, the preacher tried to disown him. The son argued back that the reason he was gay was because the father let him go into a men’s bathroom alone when he was a kid and he got molested, which turned him gay. I don’t know if he was really molested in a men’s bathroom (I certainly hope not). I DO like that he turned it around on the father and, essentially, said that he couldn’t disown a son because the father screwed up. Last I heard, both parents were putting on a happy face and accepting whoever the son brings home and defending his lifestyle to the church people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/19/2020 at 1:45 PM, FluffySnowball said:

All your examples (naming someone only initials and so on) wouldn’t be allowed in Germany. I’m all for the utmost amount of freedom, but I’m happy we have what I consider to be reasonable naming laws. Still, I wish (though not for myself) it would be possible to change one’s name in adulthood but this isn’t an option at all. You can only add a name when you convert to another religion but aside from that, there’s nothing that can be done as far as I’m aware. 

A little bit late, but sorry to burst that bubble, but with the exception of the initials all of these names would be okay with the law in Germany. One of the rules is that a child has a least one name that is clearly gendered and you can give your child up to 5 names. English sounding names are very popular with young mothers from working class background and a lot of the names would fly with them, without the weird capital letters mid name. Source, seeing a lot of prescriptions for kids and the unusual names stay with you.

10 hours ago, mysweetetc said:

To much controvery for her insta if she would discuss it openly and she knows this. That would bring to much of a crack in her perfect pinterest profile. But I wouldn't be surprised if we find a copy of TTUAC in her home.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, princessmahina said:

This reminds me of a story my aunt told us a few years back (she’s borderline fundie). When the preachers son came out as gay, the preacher tried to disown him. The son argued back that the reason he was gay was because the father let him go into a men’s bathroom alone when he was a kid and he got molested, which turned him gay. I don’t know if he was really molested in a men’s bathroom (I certainly hope not). I DO like that he turned it around on the father and, essentially, said that he couldn’t disown a son because the father screwed up. Last I heard, both parents were putting on a happy face and accepting whoever the son brings home and defending his lifestyle to the church people. 

I’ve heard of fundies believing this. That molestation by another man turns boys gay. It makes me sad. Being gay isn’t the result of a horrible life event.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve heard of fundies believing this. That molestation by another man turns boys gay. It makes me sad. Being gay isn’t the result of a horrible life event.

No, but if that superstition leads to better acceptance of LGBT-people in fundie circles, that's already something. At least this idea acknowledges that sexual orientation is not a choice and that childhood abuse is bad and can have long term consequences for the victim.

• WTF 1

1 minute ago, ignorantobserver said:

No, but if that superstition leads to better acceptance of LGBT-people in fundie circles, that's already something. At least this idea acknowledges that sexual orientation is not a choice and that childhood abuse is bad and can have long term consequences for the victim.

I still hate the association. Fundies already associate pedophilia with homosexuality. Look at how they treat drag queen story hour. They think they are grooming children to prey on. The Activist Mommy is the worst at this association. Her page is filled with anti-LGBTQ+ hate and lies. She’s constantly pushing the idea that the gay agenda is preying on our children sexually. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

I understand what you are saying. The idea that homosexuals are pedophiles is just disgusting. (My impression is that it's mostly gay men that are suspected of preying on children, while women are seen as immature / damaged / afraid of men rather than dangerous to their environment.)

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I still hate the association. Fundies already associate pedophilia with homosexuality. Look at how they treat drag queen story hour. They think they are grooming children to prey on. The Activist Mommy is the worst at this association. Her page is filled with anti-LGBTQ+ hate and lies. She’s constantly pushing the idea that the gay agenda is preying on our children sexually. 

“They can’t reproduce, so they have to recruit!”

This Jack Chick comic not only drags out that tired stereotype, but also claims that girls raped by men acquire a “demon of defilement” and become lesbians. :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

Edited by smittykins
  • WTF 7

20 hours ago, mysweetetc said:

What a hypocrite. It says right there in her holy book that spanking your child is a good thing. In fact, the real sin would be to not spank your child. Could it be that Abbie is watering down the word of God to serve the almighty Instagram better?! Say it ain't so.

There is no way to acceptably hit a child. Full stop. She can run and hide behind PM's and pretend it's done out of love but the truth is that she's still a bad parent for striking her children. And if she's cherry picking the bible to justify her violence, then you know what? Maybe the bible is a shitty book to follow. Hitting a another adult is unacceptable but hitting a little helpless person is ok because bible? No. It's lazy, fear based parenting. The only thing hitting offers is a moment of relief for the frustrated parent. Given that Abbie is wound so tightly, I'm sure her children are frequently hit. 

Thanks for the reminder Abbie, I almost forgot that you're a bigger bitch than I remembered. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Of course Braggie spanks her kids. She refers to parenting as “training” her children and bragged about her “fuss juice” concept that she squirts down their throats to get them to comply. 

She’s also a major bitch 99.99% of the time.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

In today’s post, Braggie complained about her concrete counter tops. I am predicting she will get new counters in a year or two. If she doesn’t like something, she changes it. Hell she even changes things she likes! I’m guessing she went with concrete countertops because it’s cheap and it was trendy enough when they built the house. She will probably want something more durable and trendier next time around. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

In today’s post, Braggie complained about her concrete counter tops. I am predicting she will get new counters in a year or two. If she doesn’t like something, she changes it. Hell she even changes things she likes! I’m guessing she went with concrete countertops because it’s cheap and it was trendy enough when they built the house. She will probably want something more durable and trendier next time around. 

We did a kitchen remodel in 2012 and considered concrete countertops for a millisecond, until EVERY design site warned of the cracking, chipping and staining. Girl friend and her boy wonder didn’t do their research.

• Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Incoming BEC, her chipped up cabinets drive me bonkers. In fact, the whole kitchen gives off an air of faux fancy. It looks like what it is, a junky amalgamation of Anthro end of season leftovers.

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

We did a kitchen remodel in 2012 and considered concrete countertops for a millisecond, until EVERY design site warned of the cracking, chipping and staining. Girl friend and her boy wonder didn’t do their research.

I would choose laminate countertops over concrete any day. But laminate is not cool enough for Instagram. My guess is that she will claim she found some fabulous marble or quartz on sale for only $5000 and just had to have them. 

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Aw...... so sad.      And girlfriend was so so so proud and so so so bragg-y that Shaun did those counter tops for her all by his little lonesome

Oh how the worm has turned

Shades of Lazy Lyin' Lori Alexander who ruined her counter tops with hot pots a year or so ago so her could get granite ones.  This after going on and on and on that her laminate was wonderful, and granite was the height of vanity and a waste of money.

Fearless prediction -- Braggie insists on quartz counters in the "leather" finish

• Upvote 7

My father worked with a man who was a grandfather by 28.  Yikes.   

My father wasn't a Dad until 37!

• WTF 7

9 hours ago, Inthemadhouse said:

My father worked with a man who was a grandfather by 28.  Yikes.   

My father wasn't a Dad until 37!

My husband was 39 when our first was born. That same year, his best friend from high school became a grandfather for the first time. 

12 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Aw...... so sad.      And girlfriend was so so so proud and so so so bragg-y that Shaun did those counter tops for her all by his little lonesome

Oh how the worm has turned

Shades of Lazy Lyin' Lori Alexander who ruined her counter tops with hot pots a year or so ago so her could get granite ones.  This after going on and on and on that her laminate was wonderful, and granite was the height of vanity and a waste of money.

Fearless prediction -- Braggie insists on quartz counters in the "leather" finish

I can’t believe she built a home (knowing she would have a litter of children) that is the opposite of child friendly. It seems like almost every choice she made about this house is terrible for a big family with a lot of small kids. She considered how it would look on Instagram before practicality. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

On 5/21/2020 at 10:32 AM, justmy2cents said:

My grandma was 43 when I was born and we’re not fundie. Even though I know it’s somewhat normal I was still a little put out when someone recently asked me if my daughter was my daughter or granddaughter. I mean geesh, I THINK I look young. 

My rule of thumb is to assume the woman looking after the baby is the mother. If they're not they'll tell you!

On 5/22/2020 at 9:42 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

One of the most moving parts of the film "Spotlight" was when they were interviewing a gay man who had been molested by a priest and he said something like "knowing you're gay, and coming out after that... it was hard to untangle". 

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, SuperNova said:

What a hypocrite. It says right there in her holy book that spanking your child is a good thing. In fact, the real sin would be to not spank your child. Could it be that Abbie is watering down the word of God to serve the almighty Instagram better?! Say it ain't so.

To be fair, there are lots of Christians who do not believe that verse is talking about spanking. 

• Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic