IGNORED

M is for Mama 6: M is for Mama 6: Temper Tantrum over Twins Twice

Coconut Flan

On 5/13/2020 at 8:28 PM, JillyO said:

In one of her "Whaddaya wanna know Wednesday" posts today she explained that her older kids are not "parenting," merely helping out (despite the fact that she herself has called Ezra "third parent" on multiple occasions). It was immediately followed by this gem.

braggie.jpg.b3ea79ae707fc6b38ad67e649ae40cdb.jpg

Here's what I have to say about your claim, Braggie:

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.png.73fce4a48e215488d3f2f74fc7e9660a.png

This is NOT normal!

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

This is NOT normal!

Unfortunately, it is normal in all big families. We have seen it with Duggars several times, even in very hard moments (Jackson lost in an airport, scared and running towards her mom Jana, not Michelle, and other situations like that). I suspect that any big family can avoid that, no matter how sweet or involved the mother looks, at some point all of them have sibling-parents.

It's also "normal" with kids raised by nannies or by grandmas (not always, but happens sometimes if parents do not manage to keep a bond with the child).  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Braggie has her Thursday night date night like usual. So Shiloh spent the evening with his “brother dad.” What will happen whenEzra goes off to college? Because we know Braggie will have her son’s go to college so she can brag about how brilliantly she homeschooled them. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie has her Thursday night date night like usual. So Shiloh spent the evening with his “brother dad.” What will happen whenEzra goes off to college? Because we know Braggie will have her son’s go to college so she can brag about how brilliantly she homeschooled them. 

I bet they’ll be either commuter or distance learning/online students.

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Unfortunately, it is normal in all big families. We have seen it with Duggars several times, even in very hard moments (Jackson lost in an airport, scared and running towards her mom Jana, not Michelle, and other situations like that). I suspect that any big family can avoid that, no matter how sweet or involved the mother looks, at some point all of them have sibling-parents.

It's also "normal" with kids raised by nannies or by grandmas (not always, but happens sometimes if parents do not manage to keep a bond with the child).  

The day is never longer than 24 hours, even for fundies. Having older kids parent younger ones is not a choice in mega families, it’s a necessity. There just aren’t enough hours in a day for 2 parents to solely meet all the needs of a dozen plus kids, and work, and maintain a hygienic home, and feed everyone and sleep. These folks have the 3 oldest kids, plus both sets of grandparents actively parenting their kids. I don’t think the Duggars or Bates relied on as many family members (although it does sound like GMM was a major presence).

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe Shiloh can do what my Nana and her younger siblings did...as soon as the oldest (who had no doubt cared for them a lot because their mother died when my Nana was 5) was out and married...they left and went to live with her.

Dollars to donuts that Shiloh and the other little boys, when they are grown, will be closer and spend more time with Ezra and Simon than their parents.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I’ve said this many times, for all the help that Shaun and Abbie get from their own parents, and A’s mom in particular, will they be providing the shame support for their grandchildren? Will A be dedicating her middle aged years to her 50-100 grandchildren ( if her kids make similar family planning choices)?  Teaching, gardening, cleaning, chauffeuring, babysitting weekly? Without all the pregnancy attention and new baby glory, will A still be in the game? Personally, I can’t see it. I wonder what her excuse will be? 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Dollars to donuts that Shiloh and the other little boys, when they are grown, will be closer and spend more time with Ezra and Simon than their parents.

Or they could end up resenting each other like my siblings. My sister and I are only two years apart but my childhood was spent being infantilized because of illness while my sister was given the role of second mom. For a variety of reasons, mostly stemming from childhood, we haven't spoken in a decade. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 8

On 5/12/2020 at 10:21 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Kendra does not like Pope Francis at all. At. All.  She's said so. She has openly blogged about longing for the hard line, no social justice allowed Pope Benedict.  Like a girl longing for an old beau -- she wants him back. Last time I checked Benedict voluntarily retired.

Kendra has more than once urged her fangirls to write to Pope Francis and tell him they disagree with X that he did or said. Essentially write to the Pope and tell him he's wrong.  Kendra said she does it and urges her like-minded leghumpers to do the same.

This latest letter writing campaign to the Bishops/Archbishops to stop being fraidy scared- cats is more of the same.  Sure ... go ahead and write your Bishop, who you're supposed to trust as your spiritual leader, and tell him he's wrong wrong wrong and a big ol" wussy. Kendra the best Catholic EVAH! says it's A-OK so it must be.

The nerve. The colossal narcisstic nerve.

Totally off subject and I apologize! 

Somehow going down the Kendra rabbit hole (Boy Howdy!) led me to another youtube family - the Not Enough Nelsons. Anyone know about them? OMG

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Totally off subject and I apologize! 

Somehow going down the Kendra rabbit hole (Boy Howdy!) led me to another youtube family - the Not Enough Nelsons. Anyone know about them? OMG

I stumbled upon them from the crazy middles. I can't watch a whole episode straight, it's like the epitome of privileged white people. 

Also the kids names are just so... mormon.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I stumbled upon them from the crazy middles. I can't watch a whole episode straight, it's like the epitome of privileged white people. 

Thanks for the warning about privileged white people. I won’t be watching. I’m white. I’m middle class and am privileged in the US. But I cannot handle overly privileged white people. They make me cringe and furious all at once. Braggie, TAM, Lisa Metzger, and Kendra will have to be enough for me. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

BUT YALL:

Bridger, Ledger, KennaDee, KassaDee, SaiDee, NayVee, PresLee, PaisLee 

and it goes on, I don't remember there are 16 of them. They are very mormon, live in a literal mansion and they are all working hard for that youtube dollar. It's the strangest thing 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 8

I dipped my toe into this lastest fundie clan by quickly peeking at the FB  page. Oh Law.

First of all there are more than enough Nelsons. 

Those names, those names, Those awful bifurcated kr8tif names.  Are they in love with the "ee" ending for the girls? Did someone watch "LA Story" with the character SanDeE* (yes it's spelled like that) one too many times?  I think SaiDee is the absolute worst. Just the worst.

The Nelsons parents strive to spend at least 5-10 minutes with each child at bed time. Oh ... wow ... I mean wow ..... talk about your quality parenting time. I'm just floored they are so conscientious. 

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

I am guessing the Nelsons changed their adopted kids names to fit their ugly ass Mormon naming style. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

57 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I think SaiDee is the absolute worst. Just the worst.

I find JourNee to the most offensive.

I think this video tells you all you need to know about them. 

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

I mean, “ElleCee” (pronounced “Elsie”)? That poor kid is going to spend her entire life having to spell, pronounce, and explain that. 
And I guara-frickin-tee that all the adopted kids got renamed to fit the “theme.”

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I turn my back for one second... and she's pregnant. With twins?

I know. It’s so awful.

I just thought of something. In the movie Cheaper by the Dozen with Steve Martin, they have two sets of twins. One girl set and one boy set. Who wants to be she ends up with 12 kids overall so she can make that comparison.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

Does anyone else get the feeling that Abbie is trying to angle for a brand partnership? She went on about Joanna Gaines the other day and the latest post is from some kind of clothing rental thing run by her precious Anthro. I think she's feeling more self-important now that she has a book deal. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I think she's feeling more self-important now that she has a book deal. 

I’m still trying to figure out how she got a book deal.  She doesn’t have a huge # of followers and she’s an insufferable twatwaffle.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

27 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I’m still trying to figure out how she got a book deal.  She doesn’t have a huge # of followers and she’s an insufferable twatwaffle.

She said she's working with a Christian publishing company so it's not like she got picked up by Random House or Chronicle Books. I used to work at a Christian bookstore and most of the publishing companies tended to be small with mainly amateur written, Christian-centric titles in their offering, not exactly NYT best sellers.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Abbie you relentlessly stupid dumpster fire there is a PANDEMIC going on and you’re a grand multipara pregnant with your a SECOND SET OF TWINS.

Go home.

Get out of Goodwill. A “funky Anthropologie top” isn’t worth it.

2559f4a740859135fac080479bc29ead.jpg

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Shopping is obviously a huge part of her life.  Gotta keep that room-sized wallpapered closet filled so it looks good for instagram.  I don't want to know how much online shopping she did while she was stuck at home.

ETA: Urban Outfitters (owner of Anthro) is a despicable company with multiple instances of selling racist and otherwise offensive merchandise.  I wouldn't give them a penny, even indirectly through thrifting.  

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 6

I come from a family of shoppers. They love shopping. And they love doing it as a social event. They are similar to Braggie because they love finding deals. But my family members are not shopping in stores right now. Because they aren’t idiots. Lots of people like Braggie are staying home. But I bet Braggie can’t help herself because she knows Goodwill won’t be picked over. She’s taking advantage of the fact that people with common sense are staying home right now. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic