IGNORED

M is for Mama 6: M is for Mama 6: Temper Tantrum over Twins Twice

Coconut Flan

And now - POOF - the part of her video on her stories where she said they hosted a small group is gone.

Here's a ticket for the clue bus you narcissistic twit - STAY THE FUCK HOME.  DON'T INVITE PEOPLE TO YOUR HOUSE.

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, CuttySark said:

To be fair, Brogan is a traditional Irish surname - there's a Saint Brogan as well, connected to Saint Patrick. It may be weirdly popular right now because it fits a trend, but it's Gaelic, not some new Kre8ive spelling. (in other words, just 'cause a name is unfamiliar or in a language that was almost wiped out thanks to colonization and racism, doesn't make it ~weird~.) 

Interesting. I'd never heard it as a surname, just as a shoe. It makes a little more sense that way, although I still think it's mean to saddle a kid with it in the US, at least; even just at the sampling on this thread, I'm definitely not the only one to have that association. 

• I Agree 3

A new post from Abbie. It seems that this pregnancy isn't as smooth as previous ones, no surprise there. What I find it interesting that she never mentions what is probably a major factor: age. It can't be easy to carry twins at 38, no matter how fit you are.

Screenshot_2020-05-20-09-01-06.thumb.png.d49237cd19b262bf5199003d1ca84e1b.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

47 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

A new post from Abbie. It seems that this pregnancy isn't as smooth as previous ones, no surprise there. What I find it interesting that she never mentions what is probably a major factor: age. It can't be easy to carry twins at 38, no matter how fit you are.

Screenshot_2020-05-20-09-01-06.thumb.png.d49237cd19b262bf5199003d1ca84e1b.png

I predicted when she announced twins this was going to be the worst pregnancy yet. Because she’s AMA, already has 8 kids, and it’s twins. The last time she had twins, she was more than 7 years younger and only had 3 kids.

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I predicted when she announced twins this was going to be the worst pregnancy yet. Because she’s AMA, already has 8 kids, and it’s twins. The last time she had twins, she was more than 7 years younger and only had 3 kids.

AMA? I'm drawing a blank. All I can think of is Ask Me Anything.

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

AMA? I'm drawing a blank. All I can think of is Ask Me Anything.

Advanced maternal age. Basically any pregnant woman over 35.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Advanced maternal age. Basically any pregnant woman over 35.

Thanks. I'm getting a mental picture of a pregnant granny. No doubt Abbie hates the term.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Thanks. I'm getting a mental picture of a pregnant granny. No doubt Abbie hates the term.

There isn’t a ton more risk in your late 30s. I think the rate of miscarriage and premature birth goes up much more in your 40s. However I do think her age and the fact that she’s having twins made it so her midwife wouldn’t do a homebirth. She has to have both a midwife and an OBGYN. She will have a hospital birth this time and I imagine she will have more doctor’s appointments this time compared to the last time she had twins. That’s probably annoying her too. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There isn’t a ton more risk in your late 30s. I think the rate of miscarriage and premature birth goes up much more in your 40s. However I do think her age and the fact that she’s having twins made it so her midwife wouldn’t do a homebirth. She has to have both a midwife and an OBGYN. She will have a hospital birth this time and I imagine she will have more doctor’s appointments this time compared to the last time she had twins. That’s probably annoying her too. 

Plus she’s had all those pregnancies. Pregnancy, childbirth and nursing are strains on the body. Look at her leg veins from all that pressure. She’s a hot mess, but maybe this pregnancy will be the one that finally puts some sense into both of their seemingly empty when it comes to common sense reproduction heads. 

Earlier today someone posted a beautiful comment over in one of the Duggar threads. It was about how no one enjoys or can successfully cope with having child after child, and happily and healthfully meet all the kids’ individual needs. So, of course, corners are cut, work is shunted to older kids and justifications are lined up. The comment was spot on. Abbie’s children are meant to both pick up the work and childcare load AND take care of her. These folks need to stop having kids.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Plus she’s had all those pregnancies. Pregnancy, childbirth and nursing are strains on the body. Look at her leg veins from all that pressure. She’s a hot mess, but maybe this pregnancy will be the one that finally puts some sense into both of their seemingly empty when it comes to common sense reproduction heads. 

Earlier today someone posted a beautiful comment over in one of the Duggar threads. It was about how no one enjoys or can successfully cope with having child after child, and happily and healthfully meet all the kids’ individual needs. So, of course, corners are cut, work is shunted to older kids and justifications are lined up. The comment was spot on. Abbie’s children are meant to both pick up the work and childcare load AND take care of her. These folks need to stop having kids.

I agree. Even Kendra Tierney is cutting corners. She’s rich and privileged as hell. She has enough room in her home for all the kids. She can afford a house cleaner and babysitters. She even sends them to private high school! Yet it’s obvious she has too many children. Because she beats babies in order to maintain a status quo. They all have to behave just the same in order for things to work. Crankie Frankie obviously isn’t just giving into the beatings. He’s throwing a wrench in her perfect spokes. He needs more attention than the other children and she can’t manage. So that poor kid suffers.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

That’s the mental picture I got when I heard the term geriatric pregnancy when I was pregnant at 43.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

In fundieland, it’s not uncommon to be a granny at 43.

My grandma was 43 when I was born and we’re not fundie. Even though I know it’s somewhat normal I was still a little put out when someone recently asked me if my daughter was my daughter or granddaughter. I mean geesh, I THINK I look young. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

My grandma was 43 when I was born and we’re not fundie. Even though I know it’s somewhat normal I was still a little put out when someone recently asked me if my daughter was my daughter or granddaughter. I mean geesh, I THINK I look young. 

Michelle Duggar was 43 when she became a grandmother. Lana Swanson was also 43 (almost 44). Guinn Seewald was 41. Christina Caldwell was almost 39. It’s probably pretty normal to become grandparents in your 40s in fundieland. Unless you’re the Arndts....

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

This isn’t a problem for you Braggie because you aren’t the one constantly looking after the 9 month old. Imagine how many times you have to say no to a 9 month old in a giant cluttered home that isn’t baby proofed! This is exactly why her toddlers flood her bathrooms.

F9251A06-757E-4775-9774-D47BA4903478.jpeg

• Upvote 5

"It's not a constant problem and never has been."  

Your god hates liars, Braggie.  :pantsonfire:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

4 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

"It's not a constant problem and never has been."  

Your god hates liars, Braggie.  :pantsonfire:

She is such a martyr. It’s like she refuses to make her life easier because she has to constantly play the martyr. She must teach her daughters their piano lessons even though she hates it with every fiber of her being. She hates being pregnant. She hates having twins. She hates toddlerhood. Yet she doesn’t do anything to make it easier! She refuses birth control and refuses to baby proof. So she can have her Instagram stories of her toddler flooding the bathroom. Look how hard my life is guys! Because I make it that way! 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

She got asked what she would do if any of her children came out as gay, bi, trans- and she gave the typical "I'll always love my children but I won't approve/support their choice/lifestyle etc.". I don't believe that's true at all- I think she'd cut the kid off, force them out of the house, etc. I don't believe she has many (if any) maternal instincts and if her children don't fit in with her "the bible is truth" picture perfect lifestyle, then they're out. Sadly.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

27 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

She got asked what she would do if any of her children came out as gay, bi, trans- and she gave the typical "I'll always love my children but I won't approve/support their choice/lifestyle etc.". I don't believe that's true at all- I think she'd cut the kid off, force them out of the house, etc. I don't believe she has many (if any) maternal instincts and if her children don't fit in with her "the bible is truth" picture perfect lifestyle, then they're out. Sadly.

I think they know their mother would not accept them. Therefore they would hide it from her. These gay fundie kids know how their parents would react. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they know their mother would not accept them. Therefore they would hide it from her. These gay fundie kids know how their parents would react. 

When I was at our local Pride last year, I stood with another woman who had rented a space for FREE MOM HUGS.  I had worn my shirt with that printed on it and asked if I could join her.  One of the young ladies who came to us for hugs. told us that she was currently sleeping on a friend's couch.  When she had surreptitiously brought up the subject of pride at the dinner table, her fundie father picked up a steak knife, slammed it into the table and said no child of his had better be gay or they were headed for hell and he would help them get there.  She packed a bag and left the next morning.

I wish I was making that up.  

We hugged and hugged her and told her she was worthy of being loved and cherished just as she is.  She said "I didn't think there was anyone like y'all anywhere around here." (East Texas)   It broke my heart.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 29

14 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

When I was at our local Pride last year, I stood with another woman who had rented a space for FREE MOM HUGS.  I had worn my shirt with that printed on it and asked if I could join her.  One of the young ladies who came to us for hugs. told us that she was currently sleeping on a friend's couch.  When she had surreptitiously brought up the subject of pride at the dinner table, her fundie father picked up a steak knife, slammed it into the table and said no child of his had better be gay or they were headed for hell and he would help them get there.  She packed a bag and left the next morning.

We hugged and hugged her and told her she was worthy of being loved and cherished just as she is.  She said "I didn't think there was anyone like y'all anywhere around here." (East Texas)   It broke my heart.

Yeah these people make it abundantly clear that they would never accept their child for who they are. I think a lot of them actually prefer their children to hide it. Because if their child is open about it, that means the fundie friends and family of the asshole parents would know the child is gay. The parents would rather it all stay a secret because it makes their lives easier. Of course it makes the child’s life much harder. But I doubt they care. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

The mom hugs/dad hugs are one of the things that Virtual Pride can't really duplicate. Bastard Rona.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

The mom hugs/dad hugs are one of the things that Virtual Pride can't really duplicate. Bastard Rona.

Yeah. My local Pride, a fun, glorious family event, has been cancelled. I was so looking forward to wearing my Free Mom Hugs shirt to it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

no child of his had better be gay or they were headed for hell and he would help them get there.

Sadly I think the reaction of many fundies -- and non fundies -- is that they really would rather the child be dead than have close family, relatives, friends, co-workers, clients, their social circle, the small town, their church know the child is LGBTQ. 

Ignorant people will gossip and more than a few will wonder outloud  and ask, "what did you do to make him/her that way?" There are far too many parents who would rather a death than deal with that.

(Says she who grew up in a small town).

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 7

3 hours ago, therulesofjinx said:

"I'll always love my children but I won't approve/support their choice/lifestyle etc."

That's not love Braggie

• I Agree 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic