IGNORED

M is for Mama 6: M is for Mama 6: Temper Tantrum over Twins Twice

Coconut Flan

14 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I don't have social media and I don't really have friends in baby phase so it's hard for me to gauge, but do moms to be generally post a weekly belly update? It seems a little narcissistic to think that people need to see your gut every seven days. Abbie mentions that she's going back to teaching classes and is off for a date with the little boys. It's odd to me that the pandemic is just completely over for some people.

Screenshot_2020-05-26-14-26-47.thumb.png.8d8da84abccfc135525f41339fab7ebf.png

When I was pregnant with my first, I took a belly pic each month. With my second pregnancy, I have maybe 2 pictures of me pregnant. I never posted my bump pictures on social media. I also didn’t get maternity pictures taken. I imagine most women pregnant with their 9th and 10th don’t post weekly bump pictures on Instagram. But it’s Braggie. And she loves her selfies.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

29 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

It seems a little narcissistic to think that people need to see your gut every seven days.

I could see taking a weekly photo for the baby's (babies') book or similar but not posting it. 

31 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

It's odd to me that the pandemic is just completely over for some people.

Totally agree! I will be masking and social distancing until a vaccine is available. Both my husband and myself would be considered 'at risk.' Abbie and her mob of petri dishes would be my worst nightmare. It's as though she doesn't even care. Are trusting Jesus or do they just not understand probability and risk assessment?

• Upvote 5

Weekly belly shots posted on SM for kids 9 and 10...can’t imagine that would be too common. What mother of 8 would have the time?

I’ll never forget the photo she posted of a restaurant table after their family had eaten. It looked like a tornado had gone through there. It told me all I ever needed to know about how these and their children act in public. They are entitled, plain and simple.

• Upvote 8

Until this morning I had forgotten about Round 2 of #thegentlenesschallenge. Interestingly, in this round she's not sharing as many stories about her personal struggle with being a huge bitch.  This time the "encouragement" is mostly preaching at her audience and bible verses. I did find this gem where Abbie expresses surprise at herself for actually apologizing after calling one of the children a name. Funny, because she opens the post with the claim that her hormonal irritability is in check. Sure, Jan.

Screenshot_2020-05-27-10-59-28.thumb.png.699b23205b55ba7dbf0b28996485e65d.png

• Thank You 2

I’m no perfect parent but I would never call my kid a doofus. Or anything meaning dumb. If my kids aren’t allowed calling names, I’m not about to call them names. Wtf?

Sorry but she’s the one who sounds like a doofus if she believes there is an invisible guy in hell messing with her ability to parent. How can fundies not see how ridiculous that sounds? If I said there’s a mean little invisible spaghetti monster demon causing me to burn dinner, she would say I’m a nut. But what she says is totes fine? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

So acting like a b*tch is 'spiritual warfare' according to her. Sure, just blame Satan for your bad behavior.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m no perfect parent but I would never call my kid a doofus. Or anything meaning dumb. If my kids aren’t allowed calling names, I’m not about to call them names. Wtf?

No one is a perfect parent. What rubbed me the wrong way was that she felt that an apology was a big deal. I made mistakes as a parent and have had to apologize to my daughter. Even little kids feel injustice and it's an extremely teachable moment to humble yourself and give your kid a heartfelt apology when it's warranted.

I'm positive that this incident isn't the first time Abbie should have said she's sorry, it's just the first time she's bothered to do it. Her apology probably had a deflection like I'm sorry but I'm just so tired/hormonal/it's the devil'. Which, of course, is no apology at all.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

No one is a perfect parent. What rubbed me the wrong way was that she felt that an apology was a big deal. I made mistakes as a parent and have had to apologize to my daughter. Even little kids feel injustice and it's an extremely teachable moment to humble yourself and give your kid a heartfelt apology when it's warranted.

I'm positive that this incident isn't the first time Abbie should have said she's sorry, it's just the first time she's bothered to do it. Her apology probably had a deflection like I'm sorry but I'm just so tired/hormonal/it's the devil'. Which, of course, is no apology at all.

I say sorry to my kids. I tell them all the time that grown ups make mistakes too. Not just kids. I can’t imagine calling my kid doofus AND not apologizing. One of my best friends growing up had a verbally abusive mom. She would call her stupid pretty often. Guess what one of her major insecurities is 30 years later? Yep, that she isn’t smart enough. Kids internalize these things.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Timetraveler said:

So acting like a b*tch is 'spiritual warfare' according to her. Sure, just blame Satan for your bad behavior.

This. None of my snark fundies ever take responsibility for their own behavior. It's always Satan's fault. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sorry but she’s the one who sounds like a doofus if she believes there is an invisible guy in hell messing with her ability to parent. How can fundies not see how ridiculous that sounds? If I said there’s a mean little invisible spaghetti monster demon causing me to burn dinner, she would say I’m a nut. But what she says is totes fine? 

No, no. You know this. He's not invisible. He's in the center of the Earth's core with his demon minions. I know this because scientists once heard them when they drilled and dropped down a listening device. 

• Haha 14

5 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I might be reading it the wrong way, but I didn’t think she was saying “wow me apologising how crazy”. I thought she was saying “I’m the one who apologised (for calling him a doofus), not him (for knocking a lamp over)” and it was a matter of clarifying a poorly structured sentence, rather than just writing it in a way that made sense in the first place. Pssst Abbie, your phone has a backspace key too.

Anyway. I’m another who finds myself apologising to my kids pretty regularly, both for accidentally hurting them, and for losing my temper/overreacting to things. My darling six year old said “it’s okay, everyone makes mistakes” last time and I nearly melted.

• Love 3

14 minutes ago, Smee said:

I might be reading it the wrong way, but I didn’t think she was saying “wow me apologising how crazy”. I thought she was saying “I’m the one who apologised (for calling him a doofus), not him (for knocking a lamp over)” and it was a matter of clarifying a poorly structured sentence, rather than just writing it in a way that made sense in the first place. Pssst Abbie, your phone has a backspace key too.

Anyway. I’m another who finds myself apologising to my kids pretty regularly, both for accidentally hurting them, and for losing my temper/overreacting to things. My darling six year old said “it’s okay, everyone makes mistakes” last time and I nearly melted.

You could be right. I don't ever give Abbie the benefit of the doubt. She's shown us her ass so many times that I just expect the worst from her.

It melts my heart too when little ones mirror kindness back to us. You sound like a good mama. 

• Upvote 5

Hmm, I can't see the doofus post on Instagram. Did she delete it, can only followers see certain posts, am I a doofus? 

The only creature I can recall being called "doofus" was one of my feline headships. I'm sure it had to do something with his oh-so-graceful swan dive off the cat tree. I don't know who claims cats are graceful...

Braggie Abbie: they're opening up stuff here too...but I still won't go out. I DID go get my hair did but my stylist was working by herself that day. The nails and brows still look like shit. 

Countertops: I prefer granite. I had them in my house in VA and they were wonderful. God willing I will have them again. IF that makes me snobby or tacky or whatever, so be it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

When we bought are our house (built 1912) in 1993 it came with a kitchen updated in 1966. Updated by ripping out all the many original cabinets and counters, closing off the butlers pantry and placing the stove under the window. I saw the old pictures. 

It was a symphony of harvest gold appliances (all from 1966) and brown fiberboard cabinets from Sears (original sticker on the inside of the doors). The 2 small counter tops were yellow laminate -- scarred with knife cuts, permanently stained and with giant burn marks the size of a pot bottom. The floor was yellow sheet vinyl, also permanently stained, scarred, peeling up in the corners, and with melted spots -- melted by who knows what.  It. Was. Hideous.

I lived with that kitchen for 13 years while we did other house renovations. When we finally gutted the kitchen to redesign it completely into a workable space, I chose granite counter tops.  Mostly because I dislike laminate, and my designer friend got me a terrific deal on the granite. I paid way less than the contractor price, not the retail mark-up. It ending up being less than laminate.

14 years later the granite still looks new. I admit I baby it with glass counter top boards, always use cutting boards, and I've never placed a hot pot directly on bare granite.  If you treat it right granite lasts forever.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I don’t actually think there’s anything wrong with solid surfaces as long as you can afford it and take care of it. What always bugs me though is when people think they MUST have granite/marble/quartz and everything else is trash. I also hate watching remodeling shows where the people tear out perfectly good granite that’s a decade old because it’s the wrong color. I have a hard time with “waste.” I like the home flippers that will take perfectly good cabinets or countertops and reuse them somewhere else. Or donate them. The ones that come in and just trash everything piss me off. It’s all just going in a landfill when someone could have used them with a bit of extra effort. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

6 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

When we bought are our house (built 1912) in 1993 it came with a kitchen updated in 1966. Updated by ripping out all the many original cabinets and counters, closing off the butlers pantry and placing the stove under the window. I saw the old pictures. 

It was a symphony of harvest gold appliances (all from 1966) and brown fiberboard cabinets from Sears (original sticker on the inside of the doors). The 2 small counter tops were yellow laminate -- scarred with knife cuts, permanently stained and with giant burn marks the size of a pot bottom. The floor was yellow sheet vinyl, also permanently stained, scarred, peeling up in the corners, and with melted spots -- melted by who knows what.  It. Was. Hideous.

I lived with that kitchen for 13 years while we did other house renovations. When we finally gutted the kitchen to redesign it completely into a workable space, I chose granite counter tops.  Mostly because I dislike laminate, and my designer friend got me a terrific deal on the granite. I paid way less than the contractor price, not the retail mark-up. It ending up being less than laminate.

14 years later the granite still looks new. I admit I baby it with glass counter top boards, always use cutting boards, and I've never placed a hot pot directly on bare granite.  If you treat it right granite lasts forever.

Too bad the 60's kitchen wasn't in good shape. My house was built in the 40's and is virtually untouched with the exception of the kitchen that was remodeled in the 70's. Whoever did it paid for quality solid wood cabinets that are still in great shape. They chose cafe au lait colored tiles with dark brown grout for the countertop. It's hilariously bad but I've decided to just roll with it and decorate it with original 70's decor. The theme is mushrooms along with red, harvest gold, and avocado green as the accent colors. I call it the "kitsch-en". I have this clock and decorate around it. 

m_5d2f7c7f846af6dd6bdc3a81.jpeg.1749c7884a50597879177af399078064.jpeg

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 10

Here is a vintage kitchen I stumbled across; I’m not house hunting, just looking around for fun.  Check out photos #9 and 10.  The house was built in 1928, and it looks like it’s never been touched.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, catlady said:

Here is a vintage kitchen I stumbled across; I’m not house hunting, just looking around for fun.  Check out photos #9 and 10.  The house was built in 1928, and it looks like it’s never been touched.

I love it! When I look through real estate pictures of old homes, I always look for homes that don’t have painted trim. They are so hard to find! But when you find them, you realize how gorgeous the wood finish is and wonder how people could ever paint over it! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Maury Povich: Abbie claims that her hormonal irritability is largely in check, the lie detector determined that was a lie.

Screenshot_2020-05-30-11-38-59.thumb.png.0c8b7cb4e3cbe5e0384b2a74fc656ae7.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Maury Povich: Abbie claims that her hormonal irritability is largely in check, the lie detector determined that was a lie.

Screenshot_2020-05-30-11-38-59.thumb.png.0c8b7cb4e3cbe5e0384b2a74fc656ae7.png

This will happen more and more as she gets further along in her pregnancy. 

• Upvote 6

On 5/26/2020 at 5:45 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I was pregnant with my first, I took a belly pic each month. With my second pregnancy, I have maybe 2 pictures of me pregnant. I never posted my bump pictures on social media. I also didn’t get maternity pictures taken. I imagine most women pregnant with their 9th and 10th don’t post weekly bump pictures on Instagram. But it’s Braggie. And she loves her selfies.

I have exactly three photos of me pregnant: 27 weeks with my first, 39 weeks with my first (because I wanted it before going in the next day for inducing labor), 27 weeks with my second because I wanted the same shot with both. My second was born before 39 weeks or I would have taken the same one then, too. There are probably more photos of me while pregnant, but those are the only ones taken to mark the pregnancies.

On 5/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, SuperNova said:

Yup. I try to make an effort to apologize after I snap at a kid. I can't imagine not; how else are they going to learn?

On 5/28/2020 at 10:25 PM, catlady said:

That kitchen is gorgeous! I love the shot of the window glass, where you can see the flower detailing.

• Upvote 6

I don't think it's all hormonal irritability with Braggie. I think it's 99% her being her normal overly dramatic raging beyotch self. She's excusing herself with hormones so her fangirls will feel sorry for her and she can continue to be her normal overly dramatic raging beyotch self.  Shaun seems MIA in all this. Probably hiding from her rages.

She's going to get worse, so so much worse as the pregnancy continues and the leg will hurt more and more (count on that). She can completely excuse her behavior because .... hormones.

I think we're going to see more posts on how the children are misbehaving on purpose and that she's pushing BrotherDad Ezra even harder to keep them in line, Because that's his job.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

16 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I don't think it's all hormonal irritability with Braggie. I think it's 99% her being her normal overly dramatic raging beyotch self. She's excusing herself with hormones so her fangirls will feel sorry for her and she can continue to be her normal overly dramatic raging beyotch self.  Shaun seems MIA in all this. Probably hiding from her rages.

She's going to get worse, so so much worse as the pregnancy continues and the leg will hurt more and more (count on that). She can completely excuse her behavior because .... hormones.

I think we're going to see more posts on how the children are misbehaving on purpose and that she's pushing BrotherDad Ezra even harder to keep them in line, Because that's his job.

She will get worse when the twin babies are actually born. She admitted to having PPD after the first set of twins were born... 

• Sad 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic