IGNORED

M is for Mama 6: M is for Mama 6: Temper Tantrum over Twins Twice

Coconut Flan

Abbie has a new Insta post where she rambles about her neglected #bookclubbingmamas selections. Why does literally everything in her life have to be viewed through the prism of motherhood? Why can't it just be a bookclub? Overall a boring post except this last bit that makes me struggle not to hate her:

"P.S. Evy (7) made me breakfast this morning. I’ll give you one guess who my favorite kid is at the moment."

Jesus fucking Christ, Abbie, you dumb bitch. There is so much wrong with this that I honestly don't even know what to say. 

• Upvote 10
  • Angry 5
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Kendra's house isn't smaller than Braggie's -- it's much, much larger. In fact it's huge.  It's a mansion.  

The Tierneys bought a 10 bedroom (you read that right), multi-bathroom (7 I think) semi fixer-upper 1920's estate with large grounds and a pool that Kendra named "Gramblewood." Her hubby makes serious bank (always has), and I believe her family has money. They have spent tres, tres beaucoup bucks having it renovated, although Kendra has obsessively done some things herself. Like stenciling every inch of the walls, floor and ceiling of one room (more on that later). She's as material things obsessed as Braggie.

Because Kendra is an uber fundie Opus Dei  Catholicer-than-thou Catholic mother, she doesn't believe that any child, no matter how old, should have his/her own room or have any privacy at all.

Thus Kendra reduced those 10 bedrooms to 4 -- one for her and hubby, a guest room, a girls room and a boys room.  Her 16-year old DaughterMom sleeps in the same room as her 1 year-old sister and the 3 other girl siblings.  Her 18-year old SonDad and the other 4 boy siblings, including his 2-ish year old brother sleep in the boys room.  The children are packed like sardines in rooms that resemble submarines with bunk bed towers in rows.  There are pictures on her FB/blog. The children's bathroom(s) (there may be 2) also don't afford any privacy.

Kendra turned the other 6  bedrooms into her office, who knows what all, and a private home chapel (the stenciled room) that she recently had consecrated.  Until 2 years ago she home schooled all the children, but has recently relented and send the oldest 4-5 to private, strict Opus Dei Catholic school. She still home schools the younger ones.

TL;DR  Kendra's mansion only looks cramped because she forces all the children into only a few rooms and she enforces togetherness -- no going off by one's self to read or whatever.  No privacy is the watchword in Kendra's kingdom.

She is as shiny happy Jesus-y fake humble bragg-y as Braggie.  She blogs about her house and children and not using birth control at all and her cool hip-ness and her printables business and her speaking engagements and her books (she's an author dontcha know) All. The. Time.  Kendra is the bestest Catholic that ever Catholiced. And like Braggie makes dang sure that the rest of us know we're doing faith all wrong

As a Catholic myself she chaps my lips and makes my spleen itch the same way Braggie does.

So she could have had 2 kids share a room each, and still had the guest room, chapel, office and whatever-the-hell she wanted to do with the last one.

Seriously, what the actual hell?

• Upvote 6

I discovered a great youtube channel recently.  This guy is articulate, calming, and very knowledgeable with a lot of clinical experience.  I watched this particular video last night and it was very healing for me, as I identify with many of the anecdotal statements.  I know someone else who should watch it and learn a thing or two.  :5624798050140_Im-giving-you-the-evil-ey:

• Thank You 2

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie has a new Insta post where she rambles about her neglected #bookclubbingmamas selections. Why does literally everything in her life have to be viewed through the prism of motherhood? Why can't it just be a bookclub? Overall a boring post except this last bit that makes me struggle not to hate her:

"P.S. Evy (7) made me breakfast this morning. I’ll give you one guess who my favorite kid is at the moment."

Jesus fucking Christ, Abbie, you dumb bitch. There is so much wrong with this that I honestly don't even know what to say. 

That’s a really crappy thing to say on a very public forum. Why couldn’t she have said, “Evy made me breakfast this morning and it was delicious.” It’s still a complement without hurting others by claiming a favorite. It’s always about what her kids can do for her. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

The food she photographs never looks appetizing to me. It likely tastes wonderful, but it seems they are a family that leans toward glop piled on a plate. I’ve seen one too many shots of ground turkey and hash from Abbie. 

• Upvote 3

Re Kendra Tierney- thank you for the new rabbit hole! I'm supposed to be doing my 6 year old's reading homework and all I want to do is dive into a new fundie blog!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The food she photographs never looks appetizing to me. It likely tastes wonderful, but it seems they are a family that leans toward glop piled on a plate. I’ve seen one too many shots of ground turkey and hash from Abbie. 

I don’t think she likes cooking. That’s likely why she makes her kids get their own breakfast and lunch and has decided that Simon loves cooking. I bet if you are good at or like something, Braggie automatically makes that your full time job. You like babies? You are now the full time brother dad. You like cooking? You are the cook. You like dusting? You are now the head duster of the giant house.

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think she likes cooking. That’s likely why she makes her kids get their own breakfast and lunch and has decided that Simon loves cooking. I bet if you are good at or like something, Braggie automatically makes that your full time job. You like babies? You are now the full time brother dad. You like cooking? You are the cook. You like dusting? You are now the head duster of the giant house.

It’s weird, Abbie, like many others fundie women, seems to not naturally gravitate towards or enjoy those tasks associated with mothering or homemaking. I do feel badly for these woman who have been brainwashed into a life that they do not freely choose or seem to like. Man O man, you only go around once. What a waste for all involved. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It’s weird, Abbie, like many others fundie women, seem to not naturally gravitate towards or enjoy those tasks associated with mothering or homemaking. I do feel badly for these woman who have been brainwashed into a life that they do not freely choose or seem to like. Man O man, you only go around once. What a waste for all involved. 

I’ve always said Braggie would have been much happier if she had stopped at 3 kids. She had 2 boys and a girl. No more pregnancies that she hates. No more constant toddlerhood to hate. She wouldn’t have to constantly cook and clean when it’s so obvious she hates it. She could teach her fitness classes all week long. She could teach Spanish in a coop. Shaun wouldn’t have to work as much to make money to support 10 kids. And Ezra wouldn’t have to be a brother dad. Their lives would have been so much better because Braggie would have been happier. But Braggie chose this. Her mother only had two kids. She purposely spaces her children. Braggie wants to be a martyr. I doubt she would know what to do if her life was happy. Because she would find something to hate and martyr over.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But Braggie chose this. Her mother only had two kids. She purposely spaces her children. Braggie wants to be a martyr. I doubt she would know what to do if her life was happy. Because she would find something to hate and martyr over.

That - and she's a narcissist who got addicted to the attention having lots of littles gave her after having the twins, and can't stop.  Just like she can't stop the selfies, even when there's a fucking toilet in the background.

ETA: putting her food on the bed sheets to take a picture is gross (IMO).  

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

That - and she's a narcissist who got addicted to the attention having lots of littles gave her after having the twins, and can't stop.  Just like she can't stop the selfies, even when there's a fucking toilet in the background.

She has a big mirror in her closet yet she prefers her toilet selfies. I can’t help but appreciate it. Her life has gone down the toilet by her own choices. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

I was perusing her blog and I think I figured out (for me anyway) why she looks so harsh - it's a combination of her dark, exaggerated brows and the instagram filter she uses (and the crazy hair doesn't help).

The difference between these two photos is striking to me (I realize there's a large age difference, but it's more than that).  

abbie not harsh.jpg

abbie harsh.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I was perusing her blog and I think I figured out (for me anyway) why she looks so harsh - it's a combination of her dark, exaggerated brows and the instagram filter she uses (and the crazy hair doesn't help).

The difference between these two photos is striking to me (I realize there's a large age difference, but it's more than that).  

abbie not harsh.jpg

abbie harsh.jpg

She lost a lot of weight in her face. 

12 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

a private chapel!? Does she think she's royalty?

Why yes, yes she does.  Her children, prior to COVID, have been confirmed (also First Communion I believe) in Rome.

There is a Kendra snark site on GOMI -- "Catholic All Year", which is (her brand/blog/FB/ everything. Her brand as an uber fundie Opus Dei Catholic is that the Tierneys live liturgically  -- i.e., celebrate Every. Single. Saint Day/Feast Day,  with appropriate food (it looks awful) and some type of special event.

Check out a Catholic Feast Day calendar and you'll see how many there are. Note however, that even devout Catholics aren't required to observe Every. Single. Feast Day. She's as publicly ostentatiously religious as Braggie is.

Uber fundie Opus Dei means traditional Latin mass, women veil in Church and then there are the "special" practices within Opus Dei (often considered a cult).  Research cilice.

Kendra grew up a non-fundie cradle Catholic from a family of 2 children. She went all uber fundie Opus Dei when she married.  She got pregnant on her honeymoon and had her first about 9 months and 1 week after the wedding.

Her excuse for not using NFP or any other Church-sanctioned method is that it's just too much trouble to track things and have to refrain from jumping her hot hubby's sexy bones whenever the mood strikes. So she doesn't ... refrain that is.

She refers to one of her children as Cranky Frankie because (she says) he is always getting into something.  It's obvious he's not her favorite child.  Like Braggie, all of Kendra's children have perfectly normal names, but Kendra has given all of them cool hip nicknames -- like Midge or Gus. 

Kendra and Braggie are similar is sooooo many ways.  I severely believe Kendra needs her own thread on FJ

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

I agree, it’s not the age difference.  She has a nice natural look and seems truly happy in the first pic.  She’s giving off wicked stepmother energy with her latest look. I could cut myself on her eyebrows...

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

She took two selfies without the toilet in the background.  :pb_lol:

And of course she and Shaun went out to eat in the middle of a pandemic.  While pregnant.  Because PRIORITIES, people.  Date night is far more important than not inadvertently bringing Covid-19 home to your 8 children.

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 1

Who wants to start the Kendra Tierney thread? I can start it if no one else will but @Red Hair, Black Dress can you provide a summary for the thread?

12 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She took two selfies without the toilet in the background.  :pb_lol:

Nope. Abbie's not reading here at all.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Oh man I don’t think I could pay attention to Kendra regularly. I just can’t with all these extremely overly privileged fundies and their constant “look at how perfect I am” bullshit. It’s easy to be fucking perfect mom to many when you have extra money and lots of help. It’s like Lori. I can’t stand Lori either. I would rather follow people who have to work their asses off for what they have and show the reality of it. Why should I care that some over privileged person with a much easier life than most can make their life look pretty and perfect? Barf. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

She lost a lot of weight in her face. 

It's typical when women approach their forties, especially (but not only) thin women. That's why acid hialuronic shots are so popular. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Uber fundie Opus Dei means traditional Latin mass, women veil in Church and then there are the "special" practices within Opus Dei (often considered a cult).  Research cilice

Opus Dei is big in Spain but they don't wear veils, neither attend Latin mass. But yes, it is a cult. A dark cult. Cilice is scaring. Families "giving" one of their daughters to be unpaid maids for Opus Dei Residences. Etc.

Conversely to the evangelical.fundies we follow in FJ, Opus Dei parents want the best accredited education (usually Opus Dei schools and universities, but also secular universities). They push their children (boys and girls) to be lawyers, judges, politicians, bank workers... That way, the roots of the organisation grow and grow in the most important sectors.

Opus dei married women in Spain use to have real jobs. Probably not all.of them, but in no way they are supposed to stay at home. To be productive (AKA earning money) is a must for them. Opus Dei does not like poor people.

• WTF 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

42 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

To be productive (AKA earning money) is a must for them. Opus Dei does not like poor people.

Glancing back at Kendra's Instagram: yeah that checks out.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Also who names their house?

This made me laugh. We named our house with irony being the full intension. We kept calling this our 'terminal house' meaning we would die here. That, plus it's at the end of the road, and we came of age in the 60s/70s, so our house is named The Bitter End. As a joke, it's not as though we have a sign or anything, although . . .

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

10 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Kendra Tierney deserves her own thread

I agree! I need to know more about the Opus Dei style of fundie. No matter the fundie flavor, the similarities are striking: homeschooling, no outside influences, shunning others not of their ilk, total parental control (even for adult kids), extreme room-sharing (I'm talking about 5-6 kids across age ranges in a small space), the "only I have a pipeline to God" attitude, etc.

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

t’s weird, Abbie, like many others fundie women, seems to not naturally gravitate towards or enjoy those tasks associated with mothering or homemaking.

Really good point: Jill Rod, Michelle Duggar, Abbie, etc. don't seem to ever really make meals or engage in routine homemaking / housekeeping which is their stated purpose in life. Zsu does seem to cook, but do little else.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

It's typical when women approach their forties, especially (but not only) thin women. That's why acid hialuronic shots are so popular. 

I think she lost weight in her face from becoming athletic. She says she’s a lot more muscular now than she was in her early 20s. Building muscle burns more fat in your body. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh mani don’t think I could pay attention to Kendra regularly. I just can’t with all these extremely overly privileged fundies and their constant “look at how perfect I am” bullshit. It’s easy to be fucking perfect mom to many when you have extra money and lots of help. It’s like Lori. I can’t stand Lori either. I would rather follow people who have to work their asses off for what they have and show the reality of it. Why should I care that some over privileged person with a much easier life than most can make their life look pretty and perfect? Barf. 

I'm honest here, I follow all of "my fundies" for purely snark reasons and the "perfect" ones give the best snark, because if you know where to look for you see the dark corners well. Besides JillRod, but she is her own league. And Lori, is her own league, too. You get her hate for women pretty quick and she didn't try to be nice like many other fundies. No message of love the sinner, hate the sin. Full on hate from the start.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Opus Dei is big in Spain but they don't wear veils, neither attend Latin mass. But yes, it is a cult. A dark cult. Cilice is scaring. Families "giving" one of their daughters to be unpaid maids for Opus Dei Residences. Etc.

Conversely to the evangelical.fundies we follow in FJ, Opus Dei parents want the best accredited education (usually Opus Dei schools and universities, but also secular universities). They push their children (boys and girls) to be lawyers, judges, politicians, bank workers... That way, the roots of the organisation grow and grow in the most important sectors.

Opus dei married women in Spain use to have real jobs. Probably not all.of them, but in no way they are supposed to stay at home. To be productive (AKA earning money) is a must for them. Opus Dei does not like poor people.

It's not as big as Spain here, but Opus Dei is active here, with Cologne their centre. You don't hear much about them, but my guess is, a lot of their activities are well hidden. But I think thats mainly because here we are diveded in catholic and protestant countryparts and a lot of higher ups in the evangelic- lutheran churchs get pretty miffed when they get to much open influence as well as the secular society.

And since when did fundies ever liked poor people, other as maybe props for them.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic