IGNORED

House of Representatives 2: Nancy is in Charge

GreyhoundFan

Just now, fraurosena said:

A small part of me feels a bit sorry for them. But by far the largest part is shrugging: Too bad, fellas. You brought this on yourselves; you knew how completely and utterly unfit for office he was, and you chose to support him anyway.

They're cowering from the monsters they helped create. There's a lesson there for those willing to learn from it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10

I do have some sympathy for some of the Republicans in Congress. Regardless of what they have done in the past, if they are doing the right thing now, that's a step in the right direction. I think they are in a horrible spot. They know that the right thing to do is vote for impeachment—but January 6 made it clear that a vote against Trump puts them on the hit list of people who view this as a war. This must be a dreadful situation for them. It isn't just a matter of risking their next election. It's a matter of their lives. I don't think any of them deserve death for what they've done the past four years.

Although that is generally my position, when Glenn Grothman came on the screen, I found myself thinking that if I had to pick one representative to die, he would be it.

• Upvote 2

I'm getting tired the Republicans "will of the people" shit. Whoever just spoke (I missed his name while working) said Democrats have been trying to overturn the "will of the people since 2016". 

Listen, assface, he didn't win the popular vote then and he didn't win the popular vote now so shut the fuck up with your revisionist history because some of us are tired of being screwed out of democratic presidents due to the electoral college. 

I'm not even 40 yet, and I believe we've lost out on at least 3 Democrat presidents due to it in my adult life. 

• Upvote 17

7 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Hey - Hartzler wants us to know she supports our Troops. 

I'd be afraid to eat it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Jackie Speier, who survived being shot five times and left for dead when investigating Jim Jones, posted about the Republicans who refused to be checked for guns:

I know, I'm obsessing on this, but it disgusts me so much to know they could get away with it.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1

It's difficult to understand how someone as dumb as Matty is capable of feeding and dressing himself.

image.png.84870cdc61cd50840832ea0b8c7e43f3.png

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

I'm actually really surprised they haven't had these new security screenings in place already!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10

6 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Debbie Lesko represents AZ-08.

Junior high? I've been in education since 1995, starting as a special area teacher. After Columbine in 1999. as part of my beginning of the year orientation, I went over with every class what we would do in case of a lockdown drill. I put each class in my storage closet during their scheduled time and got in with them, demonstrating what we would need to do. Members of Congress are adults, even if they don't act it. I had to teach 2 classes of kindergarteners each year what to do if there was an emergency. I did equate it with practicing a fire drill, but still.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I'm actually really surprised they haven't had these new security screenings in place already!

I know! My country has a pretty low gun crime rate (far lower than the US, of course) but metal detectors and those machines that are like an x-Ray of your bag are standard in places like courtrooms. I had my masters graduation at Parliament House and it was like going through airport security, I guess I just assumed it would be the same in the US.

• Upvote 6

I appreciate that Kinzinger seems to consistently be appealing to restore Republicans to being (somewhat) sane and rational. I'd like to go back to thinking Republicans are stupid for stances on taxes and abortion, rather than fearing them as dangerous liars. If he can help lead the party back to sanity as an outspoken voice, then I hope his voice emboldens others to do the same. 

• Upvote 11

11 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Why the hell can't they be barred from the building as well?  A fine is all well and good, but FFS, if they won't go through screening, they also should NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING.  Air crews have to go through the airport checkpoint, lawyers and judges have to go through the courthouse scanners, schoolkids and teachers have to go through scanners - - why should Congress be any different??  I can't carry a pocketknife on a plane, but this Boebert asshole can announce she is carrying a Glock into the halls of Congress, and bypass security measures meant to keep her and her colleagues safe and you know, not dead?  It should be an absolutely mandated requirement of entering the Capitol grounds, and no weapons of any kind should be allowed unless you are Capitol Police on duty, and if you can't or won't be scanned or wanded, you DON'T GET IN, no matter who you are.

It's the same thing with masks - we are all asked to wear masks, businesses must require their customers to wear masks, but Congresscritters can refuse to wear a mask in the workplace. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

Good grief, Marjorie is dumb.

image.png.4422c483d4364cbc7c5c4dc114ccc5a1.png

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic