IGNORED

House of Representatives 2: Nancy is in Charge

GreyhoundFan

On 1/22/2021 at 8:49 AM, AmazonGrace said:

The link Hartler posted is not about sending the NG home but about  the Capitol police telling the National Guard that they couldn't sleep in the Capitol and were told to camp in parking garages and such places that have inadequate facilities.

many Democrats complained about this too, eg. Duckworth, and some people offered their offices as sleeping quarters.

They should have commandeered Trump's hotel. He's leeched enough cash off the taxpayers to be able to put them up for a while there, and with his clout disintegrating there's probably plenty of rooms available. 

On 1/27/2021 at 8:31 AM, smittykins said:

DOYC forbid that a person willing to work should be paid a decent wage.

(I’ve also heard that “minimum wage is for teens earning pocket money or moms saving to buy Christmas presents.”)

I've been working professionally since 1996 and my pay is not a whole lot more than $15 an hour. I'm really excited about the minimum wage going up, because surely my wages will have to go up as well - and if they don't I might be looking for something part time for evenings and weekends once the minimum wage is high enough to be worth the gas money and exhaustion. By the time the $15 minimum is phased in everywhere my car is likely to have kicked the bucket, so some extra would be very helpful.

I'm starting to think the crazy that is MTG might need her own thread. Trumpunzel there is cray cray.

• Upvote 7

I can't stand McCarthy:

image.png.35250a22cb5cfab518424194f3d36fa0.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

4 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Seriously, they need to be investigated for creating a hostile workplace. 

And domestic terrorism. Seriously. 

They are attacking Congress from within.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

3 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

And domestic terrorism. Seriously. 

They are attacking Congress from within.

I've no idea how much/little her staff did with the domestic terrorism, although I agree they should be investigated. But that behaviour would clearly be creating a hostile work environment in every place I've worked, and if it means they start the investigations there, great.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

I've no idea how much/little her staff did with the domestic terrorism, although I agree they should be investigated. But that behaviour would clearly be creating a hostile work environment in every place I've worked, and if it means they start the investigations there, great.

I get your point. What I meant with my comment is them creating a hostile work environment in Congress is actually an act of domestic terrorism. This workplace is the heart of federal government, and they are 'attacking' Democratic Representatives. If they get away with this stage of pestering and badgering other reps so badly that they feel threatened enough to move offices, then it will only get worse. MTG packing heat on the floor of the House cannot be interpreted other than threatening -- and threatening federal government is an act of terrorism. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I can't stand McCarthy:

image.png.35250a22cb5cfab518424194f3d36fa0.png

Well DUH!  They’re already born!

/s

• I Agree 5

Her hair has a greenish tinge in this video. The rot is so bad it cannot be contained on the inside anymore. Not strange, considering the bilge spouting forth out of her mouth.

• WTF 7
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Her hair has a greenish tinge in this video. The rot is so bad it cannot be contained on the inside anymore. Not strange, considering the bilge spouting forth out of her mouth.

And for the first time I think the lizard people theory might be right... just not who Q Anon are claiming they are.

(Yes it's probably chlorine or something equally as innocuous, but rot or the skin disguise failing also work for me.) 

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, fraurosena said:

get your point. What I meant with my comment is them creating a hostile work environment in Congress is actually an act of domestic terrorism.

I totally agree, but proving domestic terrorism is going to be a lot harder than proving hostile workplace - so move Boebert into the most remote office location possible, put the staff and her on notice that if it continues (in person or online) they will not be permitted to access the building, or only during approved times and in approved areas, that their access to all electronic systems will be limited and monitored, and that anyone found carrying a firearm will be turned over to DC police immediately.  Did I forget anything?

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I totally agree, but proving domestic terrorism is going to be a lot harder than proving hostile workplace - so move Boebert into the most remote office location possible, put the staff and her on notice that if it continues (in person or online) they will not be permitted to access the building, or only during approved times and in approved areas, that their access to all electronic systems will be limited and monitored, and that anyone found carrying a firearm will be turned over to DC police immediately.  Did I forget anything?

You forgot only one thing: all whilst investigating domestic terrorism charges. ?

I think the difference between our lines of thinking (if there even really is one) boils down to one simple definition: what exactly does domestic terrorism consist of— and how difficult it is to prove it.

I think that creating a hostile workplace within Congress where the lives of Congress-people are threatened is in and of itself an act of terrorism. However, that what I think it should be, and what American law actually states it is, could be two different things.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Wtf 

Hope the ultra-Orthodox Jewish folks who believe Republican politicians are their friends will (if they're not too busy controlling space) reconsider some of their loyalties.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

I came to this thread to see what exactly the story behind the „Jewish space lasers“ that I‘d seen quoted was (and I was  afraid to Google „Jews control us via space lasers“) and I‘m ... speechless. I knew already Magda Taylor Goebbels liked her hate speech and lies just as much as her erstwhile orange overlord, but this thing is just ... beyond the pale. A smashing together of coincidences, half-truths and obscure pseudo-scientific babble, summarised with „but what do I know?“. (Nothing. The answer is nothing.) This is demagoguery at its laziest. I don’t even know if I‘m angrier about the content of what she says, or that she will actually have people believing her. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Jewish. Space. Lasers. 

Really? I can't understand how anyone believes any of this stuff. For a million reasons.

Let's start with the fact that the dude in the "Camp Auschwitz - Staff" sweatshirt at the capitol hasn't been vaporized, yet. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Let's start with the fact that the dude in the "Camp Auschwitz - Staff" sweatshirt at the capitol hasn't been vaporized, yet. 

Or the jerk with the "6MINE" shirt. (Six million is not enough, so you don't have to Google it).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 1/28/2021 at 6:11 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Why are the Parkland and Sandy Hook shootings fake, but the Vegas shooting is real?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

MOO: Because for her it's always the "conservatives", (=the bigoted rednecks)  who are the victims, always. If it's somebody else, they can't be victims. 

In Las Vegas, at least some of the performers and crowd were Republicans and/or gun owners so she could make the case, however convoluted, that it was a real shooting that was targeted against conservative gun owners. 

The Sandy Hook kids were cute and innocent and not political, and their murders were a tragedy that made guns look bad, but nobody is crazy enough to claim that the  they died because they believed in Donald Trump and the Second Amendment so they can't have been victims.

The Parkland kids got political on the wrong side of the issue so they can't have been victim.s

• Upvote 11

I have been on the staff at elementary schools for 17 years now and part of it is because Republicans hate teachers. Anytime the economy goes down and people start losing their job just start reading comments about how worthless teachers are how they don't work how they're not worth their money and some even have the attitude that if there's a school shooting and teachers die does anyone really get killed? Despite our best efforts to educate conservatives and let them know that our day doesn't begin when Johnny or Jenny walks through the door and our day isn't remotely close to ending when they leave again they have this fantasy that we only work about 6 hours a day and only 180 days a year. If kids are killed in a school shooting you definitely hear the teachers blamed for not stopping it not taking care of the problem before it happened and for a living while a student died. because it the shooting in Las Vegas did not happen in a school and because it didn't just kill children and teachers they have to face the reality that it happened even though they choose to ignore it and not mention it. it was important enough that they're not going to say it was fake but not important enough to make anyone want to do anything positive about it.

• Upvote 13

After hearing about the insanely high rise in anti-Semitism in this country (and around the world), my non-religious-but-raised-as-a-secular-Christian husband can't stop apologizing to me, a Jew. Story after story that comes out, he just looks at me so sadly and says "I'm so sorry". It's sad; he shouldn't have to apologize to me just because I'm a non-Christian in AMERICA.

Since (non-Orthodox) Jews tend to lean to the left, a lot of the Jewish content I follow since the George Floyd protests has been encouraging the fight for civil/human rights by taking an intersectional approach: marginalized groups need to support each other's causes to attain change. Whether it's equality for women, for the Black community, for the LGBTQ+ community, or the Jewish community (and again, the Black female queer Jew, who inevitably gets left behind), there needs to be a collective push for the advancement of equality (that obviously is NOT #AllLivesMatter). 

• Upvote 11

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic