IGNORED

House of Representatives 2: Nancy is in Charge

GreyhoundFan

19 hours ago, clueliss said:

Hey - Hartzler wants us to know she supports our Troops. 

19 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I'd be afraid to eat it.

I did get a chuckle when I zoomed in on the pizza box to see that their slogan, if not the name of the business itself, is "We The Pizza".

(Why yes, I AM easily amused, why do you ask?)

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I did get a chuckle when I zoomed in on the pizza box to see that their slogan, if not the name of the business itself, is "We The Pizza".

(Why yes, I AM easily amused, why do you ask?)

We The Pizza is a pizza place on Capitol Hill. It was started by Spike Mendolsohn from Top Chef.

• Thank You 9

19 hours ago, Smee said:

I know! My country has a pretty low gun crime rate (far lower than the US, of course) but metal detectors and those machines that are like an x-Ray of your bag are standard in places like courtrooms. I had my masters graduation at Parliament House and it was like going through airport security, I guess I just assumed it would be the same in the US.

It is, most places. Airports, courthouses, theme parks, schools, the parts of NASA you can go in and visit... 

And I'm sure people touring the Capitol have always had to go through security (I was a little kid last time I went, and don't remember much except nearly passing out from the heat. They have a small infirmary-type room there!) It's just these people below here feel like they're above the law. They're like "We make the laws, we don't have to follow them LOL!"

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Frankly if a democratic congressperson had been shot during the insurrection (I keep wanting to call it the Incel-rection) I'd be looking at these people up there before the rioters.

If you want to carry a gun to work, don't work in a place where that's not allowed. You knew the terms before you took the job, snowflake.

• Upvote 11

19 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

It is, most places. Airports, courthouses, theme parks, schools, the parts of NASA you can go in and visit... 

And I'm sure people touring the Capitol have always had to go through security (I was a little kid last time I went, and don't remember much except nearly passing out from the heat. They have a small infirmary-type room there!) It's just these people below here feel like they're above the law. They're like "We make the laws, we don't have to follow them LOL!"

Frankly if a democratic congressperson had been shot during the insurrection (I keep wanting to call it the Incel-rection) I'd be looking at these people up there before the rioters.

If you want to carry a gun to work, don't work in a place where that's not allowed. You knew the terms before you took the job, snowflake.

CNN was interviewing 2 former congressional staffers about their article calling for mandatory covid tests, and the Republican interviewed (I think his name was Doug Heye? Something like that) said that he was allowed to skip the security line at the door every day and so did everyone else who worked there routinely. He said for all they knew, he could have been packing heat every day when he worked there. So it appears that they have security in place, but have never been forced to use it which is ridiculous. 

• WTF 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

More results from the House superspreader event: Pramila Jayapal said on TV that her husband tested positive too. Ayanna Pressley's husband was there on that day and he's now positive. And rep Adriano Espaillat now.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/adriano-espaillat-is-fourth-democratic-rep-to-get-covid-after-lockdown-with-anti-mask-republicans

• Sad 12

Just saw an item on The-Journal, the newspaper that serves SW Colorado and is part of Lauren Boebert's district.  Boebert's twitter acct has been locked down and she can only message her followers.  That's not necessarily a good thing, but at least she's out of the public twitter-sphere.  It's a warning shot across the Boebert bow.  

I'd love to see her in total Twitmo jail until the inauguration is over. 

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 6

I wish Cori Bush was my Rep.  She is not.  I may mentally be adopting her thought (because Hartzler stinks)

• Upvote 12

About Lauren Boebert:

https://coloradosun.com/2021/01/14/lauren-boebert-first-week-in-congress/

Edward Wilks, a friend and adviser of Boebert’s who owns a gun shop near Boebert’s Shooters Grill, said he would not comment because he didn’t like how The Sun had characterized a group he belongs to in a past article. Wilks is a member of the Oath Keepers, a paramilitary organization made up of current and former law enforcement officials and military veterans. The Southern Poverty Law Center lists it as one of the largest radical anti-government groups in the country.

Wilks and fellow Oath Keepers have come out in the past to serve as protection for Boebert during her campaign and reportedly were part of the crowd that turned into the mob storming the Capitol.

Boebert’s mother, Shawn Bentz, did not respond to a Facebook message asking for comment about her daughter’s first week in office. Bentz, who is an open supporter of QAnon on social media, went to Washington with Boebert for her swearing in ceremony. She was pictured with Boebert at that ceremony and mentioned that she had gone on detailed tours of the Capitol buildings with her daughter. She was staying with Boebert in her D.C. apartment that first week, according to her social media posts.  

• Thank You 5

Wtf, "I have constituents outside." There were no tours because of COVID idiot. Hope she is kicked out or whatever happrns to treasonous representatives.

• I Agree 10

13 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

She only earned a GED last April, when she learned a GED is the ABSOLUTE minimum  requirement for becoming a congressperson. Must be a little uncomfortable, being surrounded by lawyers and the Ivy League educated.

• WTF 7
  • Thank You 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic