IGNORED

House of Representatives 2: Nancy is in Charge

GreyhoundFan

Dumbass Q follower doesn't understand that you have to follow process in congress:

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 9
  • WTF 1

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I've mentally dubbed her 'Icky Vicky' - TODAY she is whinging about NG troops being sent home.  (Because we're upset there wasn't violence and they aren't needed?  SO confused and offended)

Yesterday - Icky Vicky was whinging about how people may have sponsored flags for the inauguration and inadvertently given money to Planned Parenthood.  (because let's not represent living, breathing Missourians, let's worry about the unborn first)

• Thank You 9

The link Hartler posted is not about sending the NG home but about  the Capitol police telling the National Guard that they couldn't sleep in the Capitol and were told to camp in parking garages and such places that have inadequate facilities.

many Democrats complained about this too, eg. Duckworth, and some people offered their offices as sleeping quarters.

Ugh so this guy Cawthorn seems to be a bit of a conman.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/madison-cawthorn-paralympics/

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/22/959704849/rep-james-clyburn-proposes-to-make-lift-evry-voice-and-sing-the-national-hymn?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews

Hard pass on having a National Hymn, Rep Clyburn. Calling it a hymn makes me really uncomfortable in regards to separation of church and state, and I say that as someone who does identify as Christian. We have enough religious yahoos trying to impose their personal beliefs on legislation that I'm disappointed to see this introduced from a Democrat. Curious what you all think. Lots of the comments claim that people just don't want a "Black" song to be the National anything, but for me personally, I'm just uncomfortable with the religious tone. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

As an atheist, I don't mind the idea of a national hymn. That may sound surprising, but I have to acknowledge that although I don't believe in an invisible magical being ruling over human lives, there are many people that do believe in a deity, and they, just as much as I do, have a right to believe whatever they will without any judgment or repercussions.

Hymns, songs, chants, prayers are all an integral part of religious life. So for religious people to have a national hymn that transcends all denominations could be very unifying. And if that national hymn were to evoke the spirit of community and togetherness, then I don't see anything wrong with it. 

What would bother me, and what would make me a fierce opponent of a national hymn, is if it were to become mandatory. It should not be used in any political sense, and singing the hymn should not be compulsory. It must not be sung or played at any political or official state functions. It should not, and must not, take the place a national anthem holds.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

McCarthy is such an idiot:

image.png.3b76308c71f903c40bb0d4db97a1c1fb.png

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

Gaetz is an insult to rotted kumquats.

True. I do like the very Floridian nature of the insult though - gotta get those citrus fruits in there!

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Well, that's great and all, but... why spread it out over five years? Why not implement it immediately, or over the course of the current year? In short, why the delay? Don't they understand that ensuring the poor have living wages contributes positively to the economy? With $15 we're talking about less than bare minimum living wage here, not some cushy pay raise to line your pockets with.

Ugh, it's so frustrating to see these half-assed measures, and having them presented so magnanimously just makes it worse.

• Upvote 4

I imagine that if minimum wage employers were forced to double their employers' wages immediately without warning a bunch of people would end up getting fired. Some employers would be able to afford it outside their budgets but others wouldn't have the extra cash lying around.

• I Agree 9

Idiotic Florida Man being extra stupid:

• Upvote 4

Mentally bracing for a set of coworkers/friends who will immediately begin whining about how much money teens and college students (who apparently  use it for beer money*) will be getting and how the minimum wage doesn't affect 'real adults.'

*no, seriously.  That was a smile and nod moment for me because this college student made minimum/just above minimum during college but was financing her car and education and could have used more money and didn't drink/party.

• WTF 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic