IGNORED

Sierra 4: She Speaks More Spanish than the Vuolos and Dillards

HerNameIsBuffy

HideousGreenShirt

Her daughters are 5 and 6. 

She has previously written about her and Mark "dating" their children and looking forward to her sons (all under the age of 10) bringing her their future brides. 

Screenshot_20201026_192240.thumb.jpg.36a33514b49d227d076d4af6d7b87adc.jpg

Screenshot_20201026_192309.thumb.jpg.5fb5c1bda306cbd7cbc3df518c4eb95e.jpg

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 2
  • Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• clueliss

• HideousGreenShirt

• Grace

• HereticHick

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just finished a sweater and am starting another one! (Yes, I'm using this post as an excuse to brag about my new sweater...)  

I'm having potato soup and homemade bread for supper. Does that tell you anything? My husband was diabetic and on an extremely low carb and low sodium diet, so it seems after he died last month, I onl

Posted Images

HideousGreenShirt

How much does Invisalign cost on average? 

Sierra posted a story about taking her kids to the dentist and how she needs quite a bit of work done ($) so she can start Invisalign ($) soon. She was on her way to pottery class ($) after getting lunch ($). 

Their family finances are inexplicable. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
13 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Sierra posted a story about taking her kids to the dentist and how she needs quite a bit of work done ($) so she can start Invisalign ($) soon. She was on her way to pottery class ($) after getting lunch ($). 

I wonder if she's going to get a sponsorship and have the rates greatly reduced or comped for naming the dentist/orthodontist she uses in her social media. I would totally get invisalign if the dentist was going to comp it just for me to talk about it online. ha.

I just went back and watched her post....lady, you don't need to brush your teeth 3 times a day...you have grown a zillion babies and they have sucked all the nutrients out of your body....you need vitamins or something.  

Edited by Grace
  • Upvote 8
On 10/23/2020 at 10:17 AM, NotQuiteMotY said:

Don't a lot of people do that? I bought some fiber equipment this year for my hobbies and suspect that while I like those activities the use will be sporadic.

Oh for sure, but there are degrees. Some people learn to knit, make one hat and call it good. Some people by a bunch of yarn, knit everyone they know a hat for Christmas and then keep a drawer full of yarn for later when they want to knit again and never do. Then there are the ones who learn to knit, convert the guest bedroom into a knitting room and put up a wall of those cube shelves full of fancy expensive yarn and and buy shirts that say "Knit happens" and start an Etsy shop and then a few months later they're done with knitting. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • Love 3
LacyMay
56 minutes ago, Grace said:

Oh for sure, but there are degrees. Some people learn to knit, make one hat and call it good. Some people by a bunch of yarn, knit everyone they know a hat for Christmas and then keep a drawer full of yarn for later when they want to knit again and never do. Then there are the ones who learn to knit, convert the guest bedroom into a knitting room and put up a wall of those cube shelves full of fancy expensive yarn and and buy shirts that say "Knit happens" and start an Etsy shop and then a few months later they're done with knitting. 

And if you're one of my friends you learn to knit, buy a half wall of cube shelves for all your fancy yarn, get a job at the yarn store to subsidize your yarn habit and knit and knit and knit and knit and never stop. 

I was very much a cross between one and two. Learned to knit, finished a couple things and then set my supplies away for later use. I love a nice squishy fancy yarn but alas I can never do it justice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
JordynDarby5
5 hours ago, LacyMay said:

And if you're one of my friends you learn to knit, buy a half wall of cube shelves for all your fancy yarn, get a job at the yarn store to subsidize your yarn habit and knit and knit and knit and knit and never stop. 

I was very much a cross between one and two. Learned to knit, finished a couple things and then set my supplies away for later use. I love a nice squishy fancy yarn but alas I can never do it justice. 

That's why I never got a job at a book store I'd never be able to control myself and blow all my paychecks on books. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 4
Not that josh's mom

I worked in a quilt shop. It was rare that a paycheck made it home. I have the shelves and shelves of fabric, drawers full of thread, notebooks full of patterns. But I've made many many quilts. And I continue to enjoy making quilts.

At the same time I worked in a library. No cost involved there, but between the two jobs I didn't do much cooking ot cleaning. 

Edited by Not that josh's mom
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 16
  • Love 3
Cults-r-us
8 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I worked in a quilt shop. It was rare that a paycheck made it home. I have the shelves and shelves of fabric, drawers full of thread, notebooks full of patterns. But I've made many many quilts. And I continue to enjoy making quilts.

At the same time I worked in a library. No cost involved there, but between the two jobs I didn't do much cooking ot cleaning. 

I gave my fabric away (finally). Just consider the pain in that statement 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
LacyMay
6 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

That's why I never got a job at a book store I'd never be able to control myself and blow all my paychecks on books. 

That's what I did lol. Seriously the 30% employee discount was not good for my bank account. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
apandaaries
On 9/22/2020 at 3:15 PM, Grace said:

She did more pottery practice time. I think a STAHM has every right to have a hobby and it's great that she's making room for it...but holy budget buster! She's spending a whole lot of time and money on this! Obviously I expect she will likely lose interest in this pretty soon like she seems to do but in the meantime.... who's got the kids? Are they paying a sitter? How much does the wheel time and clay cost? And they just bought a power washer AND air compressor?  I guess Mark is selling a lot of couches lately.

Didn’t she also blow some insane amount of money of a truckload of windows  recently too?  Did she ever reveal that project? I assumed she was aiming for a greenhouse of sorts (though I also think they rent? I don’t know).

I’ve lost my Instagram login info completely somehow and am debating whether or not to return, so I’m not caught up on her.

Anyone out there know what she did with all those windows? 
I agree also — mysterious finances. 🤔 

• Upvote 4
WarriorJane
4 hours ago, apandaaries said:

Didn’t she also blow some insane amount of money of a truckload of windows  recently too?  Did she ever reveal that project? I assumed she was aiming for a greenhouse of sorts (though I also think they rent? I don’t know).

I’ve lost my Instagram login info completely somehow and am debating whether or not to return, so I’m not caught up on her.

I don't think she spent a lot of money on the windows,  I think they were garbage picked reclaimed.   She did have a ton of them though,  like 60 I think.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
catlady
5 hours ago, apandaaries said:

Didn’t she also blow some insane amount of money of a truckload of windows  recently too?  Did she ever reveal that project?

I remember the post, but I don’t recall if she said how much she spent.  I think people here with knowledge of antiques and vintage were guessing based on their own knowledge.  And I agree with @WarriorJane that it was at least 60, so extrapolating the cost per window could have made them pricey just by sheer volume.  

no one has posted anything here on what she’s doing with them, so I don’t think we know that either. (I haven’t seen anything myself; but then I unfollowed all of my fundies on Insta recently because I just couldn’t take any more of their bullshit.  Jill Rodrigues was the primary culprit with all of her anti-masking, hate mongering, and trump humping, but I had enough of all of them and went on an unfollow binge.)

Edited by catlady
Words
  • Upvote 4

I kind of assumed she was going to us her plastic sticker cutter doo-hicky to put inspirational quotes on the windows to sell. But then she never mentioned them again and I forgot about them

Edited by Grace
  • Upvote 3
FleeJanaFree
On 10/27/2020 at 7:35 PM, HideousGreenShirt said:

I paid $6k. According the Reddit I was active on for a year or so $5-7k is normal.

its not something I’d do personally if I had a brood of kid’s . (I don’t even think her teeth are bad! I’d put that money towards 7? Kids future Dentist and educational bills). 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
Joe Pukepail
On 10/27/2020 at 7:35 PM, HideousGreenShirt said:

I think it depends a LOT on how messed up your teeth are. That said, I've been looking into it for myself, and I don't see how anyone would go for Invisalign over the myriad cheaper alternatives unless they were comped. Especially right now, I wouldn't consider anything that required me to be in the dentist's office more than absolutely necessary. Many of the alternatives to Invisalign mail you the monthly aligners and you don't need to see a dentist. Some of them even let you do the molds at home.

If I had however many kids Sierra and Mark have, I'd absolutely be checking out the more affordable aligner options.

• Upvote 2
JordynDarby5
22 minutes ago, indianabones said:

IMG_20201028_000252774.thumb.jpg.9aabed93ae979c1f5b9f6ae03947b29f.jpg

I just finished a sweater and am starting another one!

(Yes, I'm using this post as an excuse to brag about my new sweater...)

It looks great. You did a great job. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 2
NotQuiteMotY
On 10/28/2020 at 9:42 AM, Grace said:

Well, yeah, Sierra's definitely type 3. I'm more like @LacyMay's friend, I've been knitting constantly for six years! 

On 10/28/2020 at 4:34 PM, JordynDarby5 said:

Books and yarn. The two things I'm most likely to end up on Hoarders for.

10 hours ago, indianabones said:

IMG_20201028_000252774.thumb.jpg.9aabed93ae979c1f5b9f6ae03947b29f.jpg

I just finished a sweater and am starting another one!

(Yes, I'm using this post as an excuse to brag about my new sweater...)

I am in awe of your cabling.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Iamtheway
On 10/31/2020 at 4:42 PM, NotQuiteMotY said:

Books and yarn. The two things I'm most likely to end up on Hoarders for.

Same! Also bags. So many bags. 💼 👜 🎒 

• Upvote 4
  • 3 weeks later...
HereticHick

Oh Sierra. That accent wall is...something.  I'm trying and failing to find something nice to say.

• I Agree 1
artdecades
5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh Sierra. That accent wall is...something.  I'm trying and failing to find something nice to say.

Oh dear, I just looked. It reminds me of a Hilde disaster from Trading Spaces that would make a homeowner cry. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
HereticHick
1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I think it’s really cute 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not something I’d do if I rented, though.

I'm kinda surprised that a fundy-lite person like Sierra, surrounded by tons of fundy maidens who take photos and make inspirational signs, doesn't have that wall covered already with rustic exhortations and a zillion pictures of her ever-growing brood of kids.

• Upvote 2
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic