IGNORED

Sierra 4: She Speaks More Spanish than the Vuolos and Dillards

HerNameIsBuffy

On 3/22/2021 at 9:20 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

That would fall under realizing her limitations and paring down stressors. If homeschooling is important to her, she needs to prioritize it and get rid of the other stuff instead.

Exactly. The moment she is deciding to built a garden or to built forniture or whatever other big project, she is leaving her kids apart. Her garden, forniture, DIY etc are not necessary. I suppose projects are her getaway from the hard and dull SAHM-homeschooling journey.

I think Sierra is relatively comfortable with a big family. She is patient and actually likes her kids, which puts her (and the kids!) in a better position than most fundies. But she is failing in educating them. I wonder if she will eventually realise it.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Exactly. The moment she is deciding to built a garden or to built forniture or whatever other big project, she is leaving her kids apart. Her garden, forniture, DIY etc are not necessary. I suppose projects are her getaway from the hard and dull SAHM-homeschooling journey.

I think Sierra is relatively comfortable with a big family. She is patient and actually likes her kids, which puts her (and the kids!) in a better position than most fundies. But she is failing in educating them. I wonder if she will eventually realise it.

I think she will have to realize it. A lot of the other families have family businesses or more connections than they seem to. Duggar and Bates boys can just go into construction or used cars. What are her kids going to do? Work part time at the furniture store? If any of them want to pursue real (not Bible) college they’ll be sure to see their educational shortcomings. 

• Upvote 8

What the hell is this crap cluttering up my Facebook, Sierra??!!

SierraSucks.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 7

How does that even work? Is Sierra paying for ad spots to direct you to buy these energy bars that she is getting paid to advertise because she'll get kickbacks, or is it just the energy bar running an advertisement that is using the name of one of their sponsorship partners because your cookies indicate your interest in her?

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, snickerz said:

What the hell is this crap cluttering up my Facebook, Sierra??!!

SierraSucks.jpg

That showed up on my IG. 

• Upvote 4

Many moons ago I was an “influencer.” The brand either set the ad up for her or let her run her own and gave her a budget for the ad. 

Edited by UnicornHunter
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 15

• 2 weeks later...

I also received the ad with Seirra's name attached.  It was definitely the brand setting the ad up for her because I also received the exact same ad with the names of three other people (that I don't recognize at all).  I have since completely blocked the company; their algorithms apparently really thought that I would like their energy bar.  

• Upvote 6

Sierra needs much more storage. Even just some cheap plastic shelves to hold all of her appliances. 

• Upvote 6

The kitchen lacks storage - so does mine! Even with the clutter, I'm glad to see that her kids are well fed . She teaches them about gardening and cooking real meals with fresh produce. There is another fundie (Jill Rodrigues) whose family doesn't appear to have ever seen a fresh fruit or vegetable. I'd much rather see a cluttered kitchen and well fed, appropriately dressed, happy kids. If I were Serena, I'd be terribly overwhelmed and perpetually grumpy. Let's show her some kindness. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

I’m just glad she’s not pregnant. I admit I cringe when I see someone post to this thread.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Wait, is she still rolling with no cabinets after ripping all sorts of stuff out of her kitchen?

• Upvote 2

I’ll bite. That kitchen is a safety hazard. Look at how the items are stacked Jenga style on the top of by the cabinets, the cords and stuff on the floor... it’s insane. Do they own the house, and did they rip out the cabinets?  I do agree that she has to be very mellow to live and flourish with a large family amongst such chaos.

• Upvote 6

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’ll bite. That kitchen is a safety hazard. Look at how the items are stacked Jenga style on the top of by the cabinets, the cords and stuff on the floor... it’s insane. Do they own the house, and did they rip out the cabinets?  I do agree that she has to be very mellow to live and flourish with a large family amongst such chaos.

I guess she kind of reminds me of my aunt. Not much fazes her. But that also meant her car was always a disaster. I would catch a ride with her and step over so much junk in her car. Her house was often a mess too. She would live in a house with a million half finished projects without even noticing. The thing is, even though she didn’t mind, her kids often did. I am willing to bet as some of the kids get older, they will help out a lot with some of the things that bother them around the house. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Yes, they now own the house.  They have been doing redecorating projects and “improvements.”  At one pint she did a video about yanking out the cabinets and getting rid of the refrigerator.  They put commercial refrigerator and freezer in the garage.  The background of the photo above looks like the kept the corner segment of kitchen cabinets and the stove and the rest seems/appears in limbo, hence the mess we’re commenting on.

• Upvote 2

She mentioned "Mark's first day back at work" recently and I wondered if he'd been sick or had a minor surgery or something that he didn't really want public but had put a pause on some projects. She hasn't been very active on her Instagram lately.

• Upvote 6

It seems like once they owned the house and we able to do renovations they tried to do too much all at once. They slowed down but the house will look half finished for a while. Painting one room is a lot less to take on than remodeling an entire kitchen, bathroom, living room etc. The first can be done in a day. The latter can't especially when you have young kids.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Maybe they ran out of stimulus money already. They’ll be getting $1,550 a month from July to December from the child tax credit so I’m sure we will see the kitchen finishes then.

• Upvote 3

Is that raisin bread? I think it looks pretty tasty.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UnicornHunter said:

Maybe they ran out of stimulus money already. They’ll be getting $1,550 a month from July to December from the child tax credit so I’m sure we will see the kitchen finishes then.

I didn't even think about the stimulus money. I kind of wondered about them buying two brand new bigass grills but the timing would be right for that. I would never have thought to buy a huge outdoor griddle but I have to admit it's kind of genius for large family cooking ?

I think for sure she gets enthusiastic and excited about projects and jumps right in. Total speculation but I also wonder if she got started and then the pottery studio offered her a job and they decided to prioritize that for a bit. Which, good on them if that's the case. If she's making some money that's really good for a person's self-worth sometimes to be able to say "we did XYZ to the house and *MY JOB* paid for that"

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Is that raisin bread? I think it looks pretty tasty.

Looks like Irish Soda Bread. Bet it was for St. Paddy’s Day.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

If it's the pic I saw yesterday, I think it's sourdough. Out pal Kristen Young posted something about never looking back once you tried sourdough. 

• Upvote 3

She must not know how many grocery stores sell sourdough. We used to share sourdough cultures all the time as a kid. My mom called it friendship bread because you could split the culture, bake bread, and still have some to give to a friend. I don't believe she made up that term.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic